Angry Orchard and Strongbow are better.
View Quote

I much prefer my Dickens cider.

LC
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Angry Orchard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Woodchuck
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the tits!

Great stuff~!

Angry Orchard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Woodchuck

Crisp Apple or Ginger....MMM
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also learn to play tanks garbad

ETA I am just joking for any admins that dont understand that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the tits!

Great stuff~!

This  I was solidly into the Whistle-pig camp until i had my first AO.....  That said, Float Guinness on top of the Cider for a black and tan that will knock your socks off

Guinness =
fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Also learn to play tanks garbad

ETA I am just joking for any admins that dont understand that

Seriously though, Guinness is nasty.  And what's funny is that with how much Garbad hates arty, he has several thousand battles in his.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well teach me about real ciders

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are these actual hard ciders, or are they cider-flavored beverages?

Think Smirnoff Ice.

Ah.

This is why I stick to whiskey. Saw fake mead at the booze emporium the other day. WTF?
Well teach me about real ciders

My only experience is with homemade stuff, which is why I asked. Pretty simple to make it seems; my buddy is into beer and mead brewing, and uses the same equipment (I'm pretty sure) for cider.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Drinking Angry Orchard right now.  I recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
try some Radler

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
This is cider, http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_171/1552458_Making_30_cases_of_Cider_for_almost_free__a_picture_thread_.html

Most of the commercial offerings are really just apple flavored alcohol beverages but some of the smaller companies do have some pretty good offerings, Crispin extra dry is the closest I've seen to a real cider though I think it lacks flavor. Real cider is bone dry and lots of people do not like it but others just love it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Woodchuck is meh, Angry Orchard has more sugar than a Coke.  A dry Hornsby's is better than both. Cider should be mostly dry, the sweet stuff is cloying and fake tasting to me.  Angry Orchard has an artificial apple taste, kinda like a Jolly Rancher.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Just tried Stella's new "Cidre" cider.  Pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:06:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Strongbow is tits.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is the tits!

Great stuff~!
View Quote

As someone else pointed out Hornsby's is good too, there are a couple of new ones out there I want to give a shot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#12]

A "Radler" was one of my favorites on a hot summers day in Germany.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Bold Rock is my favorite commercial offering at the moment. It's bottle in Wintergreen, VA - only a few miles from me - so lots of bars in the area have it on tap. The Virignia Draft is the best.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u56R_qHTLVI
some music to drink to.
make it hot fellas.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bold Rock is my favorite commercial offering at the moment. It's bottle in Wintergreen, VA - only a few miles from me - so lots of bars in the area have it on tap. The Virignia Draft is the best.
View Quote

I just bought a case of Bold Rock today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:30:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Drinking a Granny Smith right now. It is a nice change every now and then.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Got back last night from a 3 week field exercise, and this was waiting for me in the fridge. My wife is awesome.

The '802' is really good, but Granny Smith is the best.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I love me some Woodchuck and Angry Orchard.

I also had a cider from Michigan once that was a little more bitter, it had a really good flavor but I forgot it's name.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the tits!

Great stuff~!

Totally. More flavor without being sweeter.

I can get ripped drunk on "pissed off apples" as my GF calls them. Fortunately, I don't ever have but one, maybe two. They go down pretty easy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The SO can't get enough Woodchuck Raspberry.
View Quote

She needs to get ahold of some Frambois Lambic. It's a naturally fermented Raspberry beer, and it's mega-good.

'bout $5 a bottle though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I liked hornsbys
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Just tried Johnny Appleseed last week.  It was very, very good.  Might even be my new favorite.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#24]
apfelwein for the win.  carbed up, it is heaven sent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#25]
For those that say Strongbow is too dry, try it again in the new package/bottle.  The formula has been tweaked, it isn't so dry any more.  Draught is even better, especially on the rocks.  But order it without ice, then a glass of ice to go with it (you get way more cider that way.)

For those that like Strongbow since it is (was) so dry, sorry......  It is a little sweeter now, but still not Angry Orchard sweet.  If you want that AO sweetness, try Strongbow Honey & Apple (if you can find it, limited distribution.)
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just tried Johnny Appleseed last week.  It was very, very good.  Might even be my new favorite.

View Quote

Anheuser Busch Inbev (ABI) product, no thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#27]
It's pretty good. I think Reds is a bit better, and I think Angry Orchard is best
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.multivu.com/assets/7149151/photos/7149151-Johnny-Appleseed-Hard-Cider-Key-Visual-md.jpg?1395253352

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.multivu.com/assets/7149151/photos/7149151-Johnny-Appleseed-Hard-Cider-Key-Visual-md.jpg?1395253352

The same fine folks that bring you Budweiser make Johhny Appleseed. Also the same folks who now brew Beck's "German" beer, imported all the way from St. Louis.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Strongbow is my favorite, then Crispin after that. Angry Orchard would have to be after those two. Angry Orchard makes a seasonal one with cinnamon, which is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:40:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Woodchuck is good. but go to the brewing section on arfcom and there are some good cider recipes. They make store bought cider weak sauce.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:25:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Currently have a case of Winter, 802 and Crisp in my garage.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

She needs to get ahold of some Frambois Lambic. It's a naturally fermented Raspberry beer, and it's mega-good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The SO can't get enough Woodchuck Raspberry.

The Kriek Lambic (Black cherry) is awesome as well. Pour that shit in a frosted glass and you are set. Too bad it is so pricey though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#34]
The Woodchuck 802 is good.

The seasonal Angry Orchard Cinnfull is freaking amazing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is the tits!

Great stuff~!
View Quote

Nastiest crap ever!

Op hasn't lived life yet. Plenty of better options out there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Woodchuck's seasonals (spring, summer, fall and winter) are their best IMO. The fall is like mulled hard cider.
I don't care for the dry English style ciders, or the ones brewed locally that VA wineries crank out as a side product. I like my hard cider to taste closer to regular apple cider than a dry white wine or an IPA.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I like the Raspberry and Pear.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Woodchuck>angry orchard>Redds
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The same fine folks that bring you Budweiser make Johhny Appleseed. Also the same folks who now brew Beck's "German" beer, imported all the way from St. Louis.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would what beer they make have anything to do with whether you'd drink a cider they made?  A car company can make a good car and a shitbox at the same time.

All beer tastes disgusting to me, anyway, so I don't get hung up on what's supposed to be a good beer and what's supposed to be a bad one.  They all suck.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why would what beer they make have anything to do with whether you'd drink a cider they made?  A car company can make a good car and a shitbox at the same time.

All beer tastes disgusting to me, anyway, so I don't get hung up on what's supposed to be a good beer and what's supposed to be a bad one.  They all suck.  

View Quote

It's a personal issue with their global CEO and his sell-out of InBev's US sales force (after basically lying to us) a few years ago. That resulted in me having to find a new job. Plus, they are competitors for my current company, so fuck 'em!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top