Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
And I must reiterate, as per my initial post: "So what?"  There's a food chain, observe your place on it, act accordingly.  I'll bet you fuzzy-happy-bunny-don't-feed-the-snake types would also castigate me for eating the chicken hearts and gizzards, while you eat the "approved" part of the chicken.  Good grief.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
SO WHAT?  She was entrusted with the responsibility of finding the puppies new homes, NOT executing them via a snake.  There's a big difference between a rat meal and a puppy meal.  Those animals could have made ideal pets for some kid for Christmas whose parents can't afford to buy a dog.  

Oh yeah, your logic fuckin sucks.  You want to compare a food animal to a pet?  Try again, you might make more sense.
View Quote

Uhhh, ok.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Let me ask, would einstein have suffered more being eaten by a wild animal then you?

View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!

---------------------------------------------

Balzac72 - I would never feed a pet to a snake as you said. That [b]is[/b] wrong because of the emotional connection that someone developed to the animal. I think feeding a [b]pet[/b] rat to a snake would be just as bad as feeding a pet dog to a snake. Now personally I could never feed a puppy to a snake pet or not. Why?, because puppies are cute. I had a pet snake and I could feed it nothing but rats and mice. But does that mean feeding a puppy to a snake is wrong? No. If somebody tried to feed my dog to a snake I would be feeding them to the snake, but I still realize that a puppy is just a bag of meat.

These puppys were sentenced to death, nobody loved them, nobody was going to save them. PERIOD.

Let's just address the reason why it is wrong to feed puppies to snakes, and keep all the other crap out of here.

I'm sure everybody here could agree that certain things are painful to the animal:

Sticking a pig so that it bleeds out and can make bacon.
I don't find this cruel, but if it was done to a pet it would be.

Sticking a rat with needles daily to advance medicine.
Not cruel. If done to a pet, cruel.

Hunting and killing a racoon.
Not cruel. If done to a pet racoon, cruel.

So I think the point of dissagreement here is if these animals are pets or not. Steenkybastage, AR15, Campninja, and anybody else who does not think this lady should be killed are not evil soulless bastards. No normal person would think it was all right to feed a pet to another animal. But these animals were [b]not[/b] pets. They were literaly "dead puppies walking".
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
SteyrAUG, distasteful and offensive do not equate to wrong.  The idea that it does grates against every libertarian fibre in me.  If it does, then all of us here at AR15.com are wrong because the majority of the rest of the world would undoubtably find us in the former light.      
View Quote

No "distasteful and offensive" very often DO equate with wrong. They however do NOT always equate with "illegal" so Libertarianism has nothing to do wwith it.

Just because you [i]can[/i] be "distasteful and offensive" doesn't mean you [i]should[/i] or make it right.

It is [i]probably[/i] legal to shove gerbils up your ass in Kalifornia. If so are you going to start simply because you can? Does the Libertarian in you support shoving gerbils up peoples asses? After all gerbils are pretty low on the food chain and would probably die anyway.

Like I said before. If you don't understand why it is wrong (although not illegal) you probably never will.

Some of you guys are just too tough for me. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised no one has considered feeding Taliban prisoners housed in Cuba to the snake. This way we could free up our military personnel for more important jobs. Though it would be more poetic to feed the Taliban to some dirty pigs the snake would still be fed. And thus the puppy controversy might end. Or we could put repeat border-jumpers with the snake. May need some cutting up at the local butcher house first though. Or turn the Taliban into puppy food and the border jumpers into snake food. Just my sensitive side showing here - and I'm being sincere here - thats the scary part for some.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Remove what is considered humanity and then feeding puppies to a snake makes sense. Then again repeatedly kicking the belly of a soon to be mother in an abortion clinic lobby works along the same lines too. Both equal dead babies and at lower costs.
Is this what you want? Do you defend this cold hearted logic?
Maybe we should toss the Popes body to the dogs when he dies too. Same line of logic, what good is a corpse.
Dogs are far closer to humankind than snakes. As such the need to treat them respectably is far greater than other less related creatures. By the way, if I choose to hunt deer and leave the bosied to rot I fully expect support from the "what difference does it make" crowd seeing as how buzzards and worms have to eat clause.
Disclaimer I DO NOT ADVOCATE THESE GHASTLY SCENARIOS I HAVE MADE, THEY ARE FOR COMPARISON USE ONLY!!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Just out of curiosity does anyone have pet snakes?

[}:D]

Link Posted: 11/26/2002 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey I admi t that the puppies were probably going to die anyway but why feed them to the damn snake. I hate snakes. I mean I reall really hate snakes. And second of all why gas the puppies. its easier,cheaper and less painful to put a bullet square between the eyes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top