Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
We got a Sub-Zero frig (Model 601A) about 10 years ago.  I don't remember the size but it has a lot more capacity than others that were available at the time.  For instance, 10 one gallon jugs of milk will sit on the bottom shelf!  We saved about $1,000 by opting for the door that you can put your own wood panel on.

the door sucks itself shut when it first closes

We have noticed this, too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The Sub zero fridge..just get a cheaper one. The only time you get real increased preformance from a fridge is when you have a commerical one like in the kitchens I work in. Those fridges also suck HUGE power and are cold enough to keep large amounts of food cold in a hot as hell kitchen. I suggest you just get a GE or other reliable brand for your house unless you have so much $$$ it just does not matter.

On a better stove, IF the burners produce heat like the big heavy ranges that are in professional kitchens, AND you like to cook that much, it is worth it.

ONE burner on one of our professional stoves in the kitchens I work in is most likely hotter than all four together on a home range(professional burners run 18,000-20,000 BTUs if they are running correctly. Heck..we have a "sun" burner that runs at 35,000 BTU!).

The higher heat allows for much better browning, sauteing, etc and faster cooking times overall. It is a bit much at first, but once you learn to handle the higher heat, you will have superior results on your table.

Look around for sales and people selling used ones that were not cooked on much..you can find great deals.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I perform warranty service for both WOLF and SUB-ZERO

used to sell for WOLF

also owned a appliance store.

WOLF and SUBZERO are excellent products ...ARe they work the $ ??? NO !

HELL NO!

SUBZERO AND BOSCH are way overrated . WOLF .....Not so much .

If you are looking already to buy these product then cut in other areas of the budget....then just forget it.

MY 2 cents.

Heck if you could get it moved I have a 36" wolf dual fuel with a optional tall back splash sitting in my garage. 5 years old and maybe used a few dozen times.

Retails for 10,000$

you can have it for 1000$

I would be on that like a hobo on a ham sammich if you were in MA

and BTW, Miele or Asko FTW on dishwashers
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top