Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's almost time to shoot the moon. It seems to be working in France, and honestly, I don't see the reprobates republicans becoming conservative again until they are close to becoming a non-entity.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#2]

I'm voting for the best candidate in my opinion, with no regard to the letter behind the name.

If the Republicans want my vote, their nominee will be somewhere between Goldwater and Reagan.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm voting for the best candidate in my opinion, with no regard to the letter behind the name.
If the Republicans want my vote, their nominee will be somewhere between Goldwater and Reagan.

I thought this is the norm..then i came here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Only one person will get my vote. Fred Thompson.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I just don't agree with "voting for the most conservative", and totally think that the GOP is banking on people doing just that. So when it comes down to Rudy vs. Hillary, then thank the GOP for listening. It's not my fault. I have voted straight ticket republican since I can remember, and look where it got us. A bunch of moderates. If the GOP is aware that people are not gonna buy into that shell game, then maybe they front a conservative. I doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn you beat me to it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are looking for a conservative I think you will have better luck with the DEMS

You don't REALLY believe that bullshit , do you ?  Tell us which one of the Democratic candidates could be be called anything close to conservative .

At least on Second Amendment issues, Bill Richardson. He has much stronger Second Amendment credentials than Romney or Guliani (sp?).

I be amused to read the political debates on Arfcom if it were Romney v. Richardson. Vote for a pro-gun Dem or an anti-gun Repub.

Hell I'd just roll dice

Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you are looking for a conservative I think you will have better luck with the DEMS

That's one of the stupidest troll statements I've ever heard..

Either you are a DU troll or you fell for the Dems 2006 propaganda.. hook, line and sinker..

C'mon- don't tell me that you think rudy is a conservative??? McCain??
That ringing noise you hear is the clue phone, and its for you
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#8]
If either party doesn't come up with someone more intelligent than a cardboard box by November 2008 then I won't be voting at all, I'll have gun barrel for breakfast so i don't have to see the final flush as the country dissapppears down the sh*tter!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
your poll sucks, i'm a libertarian
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you don't vote for a Republican, and a Democrat wins, you get a share of the blame. No ducking around that. Regardless, anyone who believes that there would not be a practical difference between a Giuliani or McCain and a Edwards or Obama is probably too stupid to vote in the first place.

As bad as Rudy G and Johnny Mc would be either one would be a heck of a lot better than the Edwards/Obama choice or worse the Hillary/ choice.

Sadly there are millions who are to stupid to vote and many of them post here.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
so, all y'all who stayed home this last election to "teach the Republicans a lesson" are gonna do it again?

I may have a knife in my back from what I thought were conservatives, but there's no way in hell I'm bending over and just letting a Dem shove it up my ass.

I will agree with that ASSessment!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How many of you will vote for the Republican nominee no matter who it is?

I'll vote for a conservative, if there is one.
Not gonna hold my breath though

Your poll is missing 'Yes, unless the nominee is Ron Paul'....

I will NOT vote for RON PAUL

He is the ONLY GOP CANDIDATE that I could not in good conscience serve under... And thus I cannot vote for him...

Other than that, YES...
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you don't vote for a Republican, and a Democrat wins, you get a share of the blame. No ducking around that. Regardless, anyone who believes that there would not be a practical difference between a Giuliani or McCain and a Edwards or Obama is probably too stupid to vote in the first place.

As bad as Rudy G and Johnny Mc would be either one would be a heck of a lot better than the Edwards/Obama choice or worse the Hillary/ choice.

BigDozer66

Might as well vote right now then, since it doesn't matter which RINO you vote for.

And if you are to stupid to realize that you are being played for a chump by the GOP, then you are the problem my friend, not me
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's one of the stupidest troll statements I've ever heard..

Either you are a DU troll or you fell for the Dems 2006 propaganda.. hook, line and sinker..

I was wondering the same thing but "he has been a member for years" so he must not be a troll?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BigDozer66

Mentalities like this confirms the RINO position-
No need to reach out to the conservative base when they have fearful straight ticket voters like you in their pocket.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly there are millions who are to stupid to vote (straight ticket) and many of them post here.

BigDozer66

Mentalities like this confirms the RINO position-
No need to reach out to the conservative base when they have fearful straight ticket voters like you in their pocket.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

By the same token, I cannot complain about Bush's complete disregard for conservative issues since I voted for his Liberal agenda twice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
your poll sucks, i'm a libertarian

I assume you must be pleased with the new Amnesty then huh

ETA- Other than that talk of the fence
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#19]
did not use the poll. i will vote for the one whom best represents my values and in turn represents me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
did not use the poll. i will vote for the one whom best represents my values and in turn represents me.

Well, if you are a liberal or a moderate, you will have plenty of choices in both parties.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#21]
As of right now I won't be voting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Let the republicans lose every election untill they run a candidate that shares my values. You have to earn a vote.

It is a very rare event in history that a population gets more rights acknowledged. Giving them away so wily nilly is not advised, you won't see them again during your lifetime more than likely should you lose any.

voting for a republican in the legislature even if he is not that great helps out very much as it is the controlling party that makes the big decisions.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if you are a liberal or a moderate, you will have plenty of choices in both parties.

fred thompson represents me in this election. in fact i have never felt so strongly about a candidate.

consider for a moment that no matter how perfect a president is in your eyes he must appeal to the majority to have a chance, they are just men and must play the game to win.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Ron Paul, Tancredo, or Pat Buchanan are the only names that could get me to vote Republican. If they are not available, then I'll vote 3rd party.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I felt pretty strongly about GWB, and he is doing all he can to give the country to Mexico.

GOP is doing everything possible to alienate the conservative base.

... but I am gonna vote straight party Republican like a good little sheep
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Considering the democratic alternatives....we cannot afford to not vote for another Republican. Unless Lieberman runs....yes, I said it.  Look at the man's track record.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I felt pretty strongly about GWB, and he is doing all he can to give the country to Mexico.

GOP is doing everything possible to alienate the conservative base.

... but I am gonna vote straight party Republican like a good little sheep

such is life. like i said above there is no such thing a a perfect president. ill vote gop if they will still allow me to be a sheep dog.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Republican  (Though I no longer belive.)
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Republican. It's like going to MacDonalds. You pretty much know what you'll get once you place your order (vote). Think about everyone who is harping on W (and I do). What would things be like know if Gore had won? What would the response to 9/11 have been besides stronger gun control and carbon limits? And Kerry.

I like much of the Libertarian platform, but I have to be realistic: they'll never win in any great numbers at a national level.

I've also voted for local candidates who I've personally known to have similiar beliefs to mine, but who have a (D) after their name. They look like a (D), they talk like a (D), but they act, legislate and vote like an (R). I've also voted against (R)s who I've personally known and have proven themselves to be men of low conviction or unwilling to listen to their constituents.

In order to protect my rights, keep a strong economy, keep taxes lower, move in the direction of smaller government; I'll vote Republican just about every time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:19:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm going to bet the average ar15 resident, like the average republican, would vote for Hillary if she got the republican nomination.
Just as I'd bet the average democrat would vote for Bush if he got the democratic nomination.

"Every day I think people just couldn't get any stupider, every day, I'm proven horribly wrong..."
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Considering the democratic alternatives....we cannot afford to not vote for another Republican. Unless Lieberman runs....yes, I said it.  Look at the man's track record.

He has a horrible track record on every subject.

I'm sure you like him because he's recently been on board with GOP foreign policy decisions due to his unwavering support for Israel.

Other than that he's a typical liberal, don't be fooled.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You're dead on right.
The order they'd rip up the constitution in is Totally different, I mean there is no comparison...
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I always vote for the most Conservative.

Let me point out Ron Paul is not politically conservative he is politcally Libertarian.

Yeah!  Down with Ron Paul!  Who needs those pesky "civil rights"!
Rudy '08!
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:25:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Either Ron Paul or I will just vote libertarian as usual. Fuck the lesser of 2 evils.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I always vote for the most Conservative.

Let me point out Ron Paul is not politically conservative he is politcally Libertarian.

Yeah!  Down with Ron Paul!  Who needs those pesky "civil rights"!
Rudy '08!

I'm trying to fit in here...
I dug my brain out with a spoon, then picked the republican candidate who looked best.
I'd give him a 75% chance of winning the nomination thanks to folks like you and
Tomislav.
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

A big +1

Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A big +1

You're in CA and you spout that?
Would you vote for Hillary with an R next to her name?
Link Posted: 6/5/2007 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#43]
This is the problem with our political system. Republicans and Democrats are so alike, we get the same result either way. There will most likely not be a candidate who will take proactive steps to veto gun legislation or help us in the path to getting bans overturned. This is a gun forum, so the gun issue generally comes first here over anything else. The candidate must be totally pro-gun. Anything after that is basically an added bonus.

Now for the border. We want the border closed. Most of america wants the border closed. Bush isn't doing alot to help get the border close, which makes the Republicans look bad. Yet, at the same time, the Democrats aren't really pushing to see the border closed either. Yet the Democrats and Republicans hate each other and are always fighting back and forth on the issue. Close the border, fine employers, the problem goes away by itself. Illegals cant get work, they go back home. It's simple. Yet neither party seems to really want this.

There are other issues like abortion, gay marriage, legalization of drugs. But lets be honest, nothing is going to change on these issues because the country is divided heavily on them and neither side is changing their ways. Neither the Republicans or Democrats can win on the issue, so they wont push for alot of change in these areas at the national level. We will most likely never see a finalized nation-wide yes/no ruling given for these issues. They're secondary issues divided by religion, personal opinion, and fanatical belief. Outside of this webpage the gun issue is grouped together with these other issues.

So basically, we need someone who is going to close the border, fine people who employ illegals, and get rid of gun bans and veto any new ones that cross his desk. This is basically what arfcom generally wants in a political candidate, but chances are we will get someone who kinda wants the border closed, but doesn't do anything to close it. They'll kinda want people to have guns, but also sign bills that restrict their use and ownership under the guise of it being "reasonable". I'd like to see Tom Tancredo get the presidency, but in all seriousness it won't happen. It's mostly a dog-and-pony show now. The Republicans pretend to hate the Democrats. The Democrats pretend to hate the Republicans. They both give us choices that are remarkably similar, we vote like drones, and a candidate is thrown into the spot and called "President". I sometimes wonder if Republicans and Democrats are actually secretly working together behind the curtains while making it seem like theyre so different and we have so much choice when the reality is we're going to go in the direction they want us to weither we like it or not.

As for who im voting for... Does it really matter at this point? Hillary, Obama, Giuliani, they're not what I want. It's like getting a menu at a restaurant with only two items listed. Shall I have the cheeseburger or just the hamburger? No, I really want pasta but its not on the menu!!!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh, and to add to my lengthy previous post.. Third party candidates. Can you do math? 2 parties make it a 50/50 vote. If one side has 51 they win. One side likes guns, the other side doesn't. The gun-liking side gets 53%, they win. A third party complicates things.

Third partys are small, they mix issues together. If republicans dont want abortion, and a third party doesnt want abortion, voters will be split up. 40% may vote democrat and want abortions, but if 30% vote republican and 30% vote third-party, the democrats win. In reality, 60% of the country said "WE DONT WANT ABORTIONS" but the math didn't work because they were split.

It makes the partys divide into a 33/33/33 percentage. And since most issues only have two sides, everyone gets split apart and the popular vote may not end up reflected in the final tally. Some third partys are great, they have good ideas and they'd make the country better.

The majority of people will not take their Republican or Democrat vote and toss it to a third party knowing the third party candidate has no chance of winning. You will not get everyone to do it at once, and in the time it would take to slowly increase the number of steady voters to make them a viable alternative, the country will be too far in the wrong direction to recover. Even worse, there are multiple third partys, so you'd actually end up more likely to have around 15 partys all equally spread out in votes. Chaotic. Instead, we need to reform the existing partys and get the republicans to be more hardcore, vocal, and definitive when it comes to their position on issues. Ideally, this is the solution, but I don't have much hope that it would even be possible at this point.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

That is so untrue it is laughable.   Would we have new gun control with Kerry and Pesoli?  Would we have new taxes with Kerry and Pelosi?  Would we be out of Iraq and probably the whole WOT with Kerry and Pelosi?  Would we be part of Kyoto with Kerry and Pelosi?  And probably most important of all, would we have Alito and Roberts with Kerry and Pelosi?

So... you're saying they're different? Do you honestly believe the Republicans and Democrats as partys aren't pretty much doing the same thing? What are the republicans doing about the border? Nothing. What about the Democrats? Nothing. Anymore both partys are more concerned with buying more votes than the other side that they'll say and do anything if it means they'll win an election. Democrats pretend theyre "friends" of gun owners. They pose for pictures with guns hunting in an attempt to steal away a few votes from the pro-gun voting base. Bush did the same thing when he said he'd sign the AWB if it reached his desk. It didn't reach his desk, but he made his little play to buy him votes from the anti-gun side. That's all these people care about anymore, votes. Most of them would probably announce their support of devil worshipping if they thought they'd gain enough votes to win the election. It's a scam. One side says they support one thing, and the other side says they support the opposite. They do their little show, say whatever they think will help them win and people listen to all the lies, but nothing really changes.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 1:03:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 1:04:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Re:"So you want a parlimentary system like the Euros? Guess who gets marginalized?"

My God Sherrick, you must have the worst reading comprehension of anyone I've ever met.

That's exactly the point he was making.
Link Posted: 6/6/2007 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top