User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
He really did get bounced

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
So what was he banned TBK1? What rule was broken?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
That's just fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#4]
With a lot of the other CRAP that gets posted on this board, I don't see how posting a link would get you banned.

Everyone knew what it referred to, and could make an adult choice to look at it or not.  No one, AFAIK, was held at gunpoint to look at the link.

Banning is just not right, and pretty low.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]

PC will be the end of us.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]

No one has said it yet?

FREE Greywolf2112 !!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
If your post about the 800 pound woman () didn't get you banned, why would this?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No one has said it yet?

FREE Greywolf2112 !!!

+87
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
With a lot of the other CRAP that gets posted on this board, I don't see how posting a link would get you banned.

Everyone knew what it referred to, and could make an adult choice to look at it or not.  No one, AFAIK, was held at gunpoint to look at the link.

Banning is just not right, and pretty low.  

Especially conidering that all site staff did was "tag" the thread.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]
He got banned for posting a link to a brokeback mountain parody? WTF?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#11]
How can something that is on basic cable get you booted ??
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#12]
TBK1 you're coming off as a little too self righteous and over zealous with this banning. I understand what your job is, but banning a member's account, especially one who's paid money to support the site, over something so silly is a bit ridiculous. The members and especially team members of this site contribute a lot to keeping it going in the form of donations and enticing industry partners to advertise. Alienating said members with what many believe to be senseless banning isn't going to make anybody happy.

Yes I understand that if I don't like it I can pack my bags and go elsewhere. I think it's fair that I at least be able to comment however. This is still the best firearms forum on the web, but please keep it that way.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How can something that is on basic cable get you booted ??

+1,000,000
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#14]
No one hates banning more than me.

But.....you start a thread titled "Will I get banned for this?", and a staffer does what TBK1 did, and you go ahead and post it. (it was obvious that tag was meant to stop him from posting that)

WTF?

I like Greywolf2112, and I hate that people get banned.....but,

Ya fuck with the Bee, you're gonna get stung.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
TBK1 you're coming off as a little too self righteous and over zealous with this banning. I understand what your job is, but banning a member's account, especially one who's paid money to support the site, over something so silly is a bit ridiculous. The members and especially team members of this site contribute a lot to keeping it going in the form of donations and enticing industry partners to advertise. Alienating said members with what many believe to be senseless banning isn't going to make anybody happy.

Yes I understand that if I don't like it I can pack my bags and go elsewhere. I think it's fair that I at least be able to comment however. This is still the best firearms forum on the web, but please keep it that way.

You haven't been paying enough attention, this is SOP for TBK1 , nothing new here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

But.....you start a thread titled "Will I get banned for this?", and a staffer does what TBK1 did, and you go ahead and post it. (it was obvious that tag was meant to stop him from posting that)

WTF?

I think the tag was to say that he wanted to see it when it was posted, not to warn him that he WOULD be banned.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You haven't been paying enough attention, this is SOP for TBK1 , nothing new here.

I know this is nothing new, but I was holding back and trying to be a little more diplomatic.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

I think the tag was to say that he wanted to see it when it was posted, not to warn him that he WOULD be banned.

That's exactly as I interpereted the tag.

I didn't see the link, but I'd guess it's a safe assumption that getting banned over it was even gayer than a Brokeback Mountain parody.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

I didn't see the link, but I'd guess it's a safe assumption that getting banned over it was even gayer than a Brokeback Mountain parody.

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

+1

IT was even less gay than broke back mountain.

it was titled ***back Mountian, I let you figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That's how I feel.  

A paid membership is not a license to do whatever you want.  But it should show that you arent a troll, you contribute to the community, and some room should be given when we make silly mistakes or do stupid things.  God knows I have.

A hand-slap was in order here.  Not an account lock.  Especially for something so silly.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Check out the 4 posts after TBK1's tag........it didn't seem to any of them as a "regular" tag.
I didn't think it was a regular tag.

BTW

FREE GREYWOLF2112.

Did I mention I HATE bans?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

That's how I understood it too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

+1

IT was even less gay than broke back mountain.

it was titled ***back Mountian, I let you figure it out.

Tbk1 posting "tag" in a thread certainly doesn't look like a warning to me.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

Check out the 4 posts after TBK1's tag........it didn't seem to any of them as a "regular" tag.
I didn't think it was a regular tag.

BTW

FREE GREYWOLF2112.

Did I mention I HATE bans?

I took it as mostly joking, maybe on the square I guess. The very fact that the moment he tagged the thread that they sensed imminent "danger" speaks volumes about TBK1 taking things a little too seriously.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone that wants the link can IM me, you can see just how ridiculous this booting is. It is merely a parody/satire by a hispanic comedian.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Anyone that wants the link can IM me, you can see just how ridiculous this booting is. It is merely a parody/satire by a hispanic comedian.

Hah, I was right!

Though, the title was the only thing slightly offensive.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
He made his choice, even after seeing my obvious admonition.

"Tag" is an obvious admonition? Tag? I took it as humor....numerous others thought you were just taking the thread. Maybe "obvious" isn't the right choice of wording.....

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Why would he get banned for that?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Why would he get banned for that?

*Edit... err... maybe I'll leave it alone, I wouldn't want to push the limits of getting banned for something even dumber.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Don't worry.  I'll reinstate him.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#33]
This is a joke, right?  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
This is a joke, right?  

No, it was "obvious" that he wasn't supposed to post it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
So... a video parody, made by an Hispanic, that makes fun of Hipsanics is a bannable offense?

Odd.

TRG

Can ye taste it??!!

Sweet, sweet IRONY.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#37]
How many times has the Black White Supremacist video from the Chapelle's Show been posted here? More importantly, how many times have people been banned for posting it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow...I have some deep and steamy piles in my day, but that takes the cake.  If posting "tag" in a thread is a warning of a ban, then I must have warned at least 2500 people so far.  

Bovine Scathology...pure and simple.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Oh what the hell - here it is:

<Link removed, along with the account of Greywolf2112.  If you don't care, we surely do not.  --tbk1>

NOTE - I think the only issue is the title - note I did NOT say the title in my posts.

(Greywolf runs for cover and prepares for his ban - been nice knowing y'all!)

hr

WEAK!

Considering all the posts that “slide” on this forum it seems clear that this was a random and arbitrary flexing of authoritative muscle.

“Will I get banned for this?”

Rather than lying in wait in tall grass, why not give the Paid Member since 2002 some notice?  

The opportunity was there.

Instead of posting “tag,” why not post “don’t do it”?

Better yet, why not answer the question? YES, YOU WILL GET BANNED IF YOU POST THE LINK.

When rules prohibiting potentially offensive posts are vague and ambiguous the least you could do is afford a member of the forum a little due process. Although it doesn’t feel as good as tossing someone out on their backside, it is the right thing to do.

If you don't care, we surely do not.  - Cart before the horse. GREAT EXAMPLE

Not unlike advice I would give to current politicians; I would suggest “staff” take notice of the majority feeling and opinion in response to what happened on this thread. When it comes to internet message boards, supply always meets demand. Be it here or there.

Do the BIG thing and let him come back.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<Link removed, along with the account of Greywolf2112.  If you don't care, we surely do not.  --tbk1>

NOTE - I think the only issue is the title - note I did NOT say the title in my posts.

BURN !

IT WAS A TRAP!

No trap.  Quite often we have items sent to us privately with a request for a disposition of "Can I post this on the board?"  He made his choice, even after seeing my obvious admonition.  No trap.  

It reads to me that TBK and Greywolf had previously discussed the material PRIOR to him posting it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#41]
This is bizarre.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#42]
If history truly repeats itself, next, the FL HTF is going to look pretty thin...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BURN !

IT WAS A TRAP!

No trap.  Quite often we have items sent to us privately with a request for a disposition of "Can I post this on the board?"  He made his choice, even after seeing my obvious admonition.  No trap.  

It reads to me that TBK and Greywolf had previously discussed the material PRIOR to him posting it.

I disagree, that is TBK saying he should have been asked if it was ok before it was posted. His "obvious admonition" was tag
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#44]
tag for home
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh man, I hate to see Greywolf2112 go.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
tag for home

What, are you planning on banning somebody too?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Very fucking gay.  Banning a paying member from 2002 for that?  I'm glad I let my membership slip.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

I guess I one of those who didn't see the obvious either.  The guy ask a question, a staff member "tags" the thread, no warning whatsoever and then gets banned. That's fucked up, since when is "tag" an obvious admonition (advise against), that's a loose interpretation
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Sorry tbk1, I don't see how that one was ban worthy.

Shame on you for that one.

Yup totally agree with you. Hopefuly i dont get banned for backin ya up 50cal.......
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top