Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:45:41 PM EST
[#1]
Try Ft Myers.  I have a place in Gulf Harbour Yacht & Country Club love it down there going to spend the winter there again
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:54:22 PM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh,  hope you like humidity. 
View Quote
And hurricanes.  But then again, he's a roofer.  So for him, it's hunting over bait
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:54:43 PM EST
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm outta here.  You can have my little piece of paradise.   It ain't even what it was when I moved here a decade ago.  Way to many people for my taste and too freekin hot.  

Best of everything to both you and the OP  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
oh im coming toooo flahhhhidaaa...
I'm outta here.  You can have my little piece of paradise.   It ain't even what it was when I moved here a decade ago.  Way to many people for my taste and too freekin hot.  

Best of everything to both you and the OP  
I always get a kick out of people saying Florida is too crowded! Where I live It is 25 miles of two lane road to the nearest grocery, drug store, or Home Depot. Each way! The only movie theater in the county has 3 screens. There are more dairy cows than people in the county, more beef cattle too. Get off I95 and I4 once in a while. The county is solid Republican and the kids team from the local Trap and Skeet club just won the national championship. But we are an hour from the beach, that might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:03:10 PM EST
[#4]
Quoted:
This is ar15.com and you are asking for relationship advice -rofl

Eject, Eject, Eject - and were are the required pictures.

She is probably bored with the affair she has been having behind your back.  She thinks moving to Florida will spice up her life again.  In the end she will not respect you, and moving will not fix her midlife crisis.

I think this is a perfectly normal ar15.com  relationship advice post.
View Quote
Pretty twisted. I didn't ask for relationship advise. Relocation advise only!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:08:53 PM EST
[#5]
I was born and raised in Pinellas County. I moved away for awhile in my 20s, but I am back home again.

I love it here, and would only consider living in Florida on the South West coast, from Tarpon Springs down to Naples.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:31:16 PM EST
[#6]
Ok, if my wife wanted to move to Florida from Texas - it would be a post about relationship advice...  And the correct advice would most likely be eject.

FWIW, My wife had just moved back from Florida when we started dating -  her husband gotten a court order forcing her to.

Still, were are the pics of said wife?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:33:37 PM EST
[#7]
Quoted:
Bitch, please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pinellas County (Gulf side of Tampa Bay where St. Pete is located) has lots of stuff to do on the water.  I don't know about jobs in your fields though.  But the beaches are accessible, clean, there is a lot to do.  Housing is expensive.  Weather is relatively warm year-round; winter here is a low of 60 degrees and a high of 72 degrees for about 6-8 weeks of the year, then it's back to the 80s and 90s for 10 months.  Many of us treat June-August like the rest of the USA treats winter; hide inside in teh climate control, stay outdoors the rest of the year.
Bitch, please.
I'm new here, still acclimating!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:43:27 PM EST
[#8]
Quoted:
The job market if DFW is awesome.  Roofers are always employed with constant hail damage we have here.  But I will say that DFW and surrounding suburbs are a big city feel and not at all representative of texas proper.  Traffic is bad,  Miami bad.
View Quote
I'm here in DFW for the next 8 years or so and then I'm seriously thinking of returning to Florida.  I'd rather sit in Miami traffic than Dallas traffic because I'm in Miami.  I love to dive so I would spend my free time on the wrecks up and down the coast or in Key Largo.

I didn't find the traffic that bad in Miami.  I lived in Key Largo for a while and made frequent trips to Miami and Fort Lauderdale.  

I'm in the construction field too, as an electrician.

The work is in the cities, but so is the cost of living and the pain in the ass of it all.

I imagine you would make a ton of money when hurricanes hit, so there is that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:47:03 PM EST
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey neighbor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm obviously biased toward my county-- been here for 30 years. Easy water access, good schools, minimal overdevelopment.
Look up Martin County on the east coast.
Hey neighbor
What's up Cuz!

OP, you're a roofer? Move on down to Hobe Sound, we can be buds--especially after hurricane time! I expect a deal on a nice metal roof... lol...
I am right between the two nicest inlets on the east florida coast, St. Lucie and Jupiter. 2 hours from disney. I'm within walking distance of the beach. Easy drive to work in Stuart. Hobe Sound is quiet and we like it that way! We have 2, TWO grocery stores!!! I know, right???
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:47:39 PM EST
[#10]
Florida is where money comes to die.

It's hard to make money here because everyone is so damn cheap!
Doesn't matter how cheaply you can do the job...there is always someone who will do it cheaper.

If you do come.....stay North of Okeechobee.  You've been warned.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:53:47 PM EST
[#11]
1. Why does everyone think the rules don't apply to them ?

2. There are no beaches in Texas ?

3. Do you want New Yorkers as neighbors? (No, no you do not)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:00:06 PM EST
[#12]
No beaches in Texas?  Did the gulf dry up?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:04:38 PM EST
[#13]
Don't do it unless you have good jobs lined up. I've spent most of my life in south Florida. If working a job for $10 an hour sounds good to you then do it.

If I didn't have friends and family in Port Saint Lucie I would never go south and east of I10/75 ever again. 

Also psl shares the county with the shittiest town in Florida. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:06:31 PM EST
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69019/texas-287697.JPG
View Quote
The beaches in tx suck pretty damn hard compared to the gulf coast of Florida.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:09:35 PM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
And hurricanes.  But then again, he's a roofer.  So for him, it's hunting over bait
View Quote
So tell us Nebraskan, when was the last time Florida has had a hurricane of any significant category size that impacted anything or caused disruptions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:16:39 PM EST
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
The beaches in TX are pretty nasty, not at all what you would think of when you hear "Gulf Coast Beaches", and to be fair, LA doesn't have a beaches and really neither does MS. The beaches really don't get started until Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL.

I'm about sick of the humidity as well, starting to get to me as I get older. We've had a ton of rain this year.

I don't think most jobs in FL pay as well as other places, many of my friends have moved to TX and are doing well and making much more money with not much of a change in COL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:28:39 PM EST
[#17]
Stay away OP, every damn Yankee and his bastard brother are moving here.
Do you not have a beach in Texass?
You guys have how many miles of shore line?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:30:15 PM EST
[#18]
ac journeymen earn 28 plus a hour here
helpers start at 16
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:31:13 PM EST
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:35:57 PM EST
[#20]
Quoted:
The beaches in TX are pretty nasty, not at all what you would think of when you hear "Gulf Coast Beaches", and to be fair, LA doesn't have a beaches and really neither does MS. The beaches really don't get started until Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL.

I'm about sick of the humidity as well, starting to get to me as I get older. We've had a ton of rain this year.

I don't think most jobs in FL pay as well as other places, many of my friends have moved to TX and are doing well and making much more money with not much of a change in COL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sick of humidity?  Have you been to Florida before?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:42:20 PM EST
[#21]
Quoted:
So tell us Nebraskan, when was the last time Florida has had a hurricane of any significant category size that impacted anything or caused disruptions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would say Mathew last October.  12 dead, 2.7 billion in damage.  Just my opinion though
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top