BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Why did she hit/kick you? That's not normal behavior between husband & wife.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd take her on a "Fishing Trip" and make sure she wears chest length waders to "keep her feet dry".
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
just reread your post. With a 5 week old daughter this could be some post partum depression. I'd look into some counseling first off.
View Quote
I would agree with this wholeheartedly.  A little over a year ago, my daughter gave birth to a little boy, my grandson.  For several months, she suffered post-partum depression.  She was irritable as hell and her mom, her hubby, and I all caught a little hell.  She knew what it was but could not do much about it.  Medication helped and she eventually got over it.  Please address this possibility, as seeing her through it would be the best thing in the long run.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Jack,
 I have to agree with Anti on this one.
 You need to get your guns out of the house,
just for safety.If you can do this without her
seeing/knowing about it that would be best.
 If she sees/finds out tell her that you don't
want them in the house given the outburst you
and she had before,for everyone's safety.It may
be hard to convince her of this,so chose your words carefuly.
 Second,get in touch with her doctor about PPD,
they should be able to get her to come to the office for a "6 week post partum check-up"and will be the best help to start with.
 See how these things work out and help out your wife at home as much as you can/get a helper for around the house and get her some time away from the care of the kids.
 I wish you all the best and you and your family will be in my prayers.God will be with you my brother.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
just reread your post. With a 5 week old daughter this could be some post partum depression. I'd look into some counseling first off.
View Quote

Could very well be that. Go with the wife to the next Gyno visit and explain it to the doc. Could be a hormonal deal. Also, with a brand new poop machine onboard, don't even think about a fishing trip. When you got your wick wet, you gave up getting a line wet.
No offense, but do you really understand how much work a two year old and a new baby are? All Momma knows is that you want to hang with your buds, drink beer and fart while she deals with the home front. She probably still has a sore winky. Stay home, take charge of the two year old and save your marriage.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Jack listen to Beer-slayer,rustybucket,and bulldozer and all the guys and gals that said be there for her.      Find your other best friend let him have charge of your guns for now,so your best friend doesn't hurt her or yourself till you can get some help.

Let her know that your marriage is a done (non reversible) deal,and work towards making it work

Best of luck Guy!    Bob
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top