BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/UN/UNEF1.html[/url]

[url]http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/0/d21af95689e8f2c00525660b0051640f?OpenDocument[/url]

ok I brought the reaserch and now  authoritatively say that what you quoted was bullshit!!!
View Quote

Taken directly from the UN document:

8. In my report to the Security Council (S/7930 and Add.1-17),3/ I referred to the tragic casualties which the Force had suffered as a result of being involuntarily caught up in the hostilities which began on 5 June. The following is the confirmed list of casualties suffered:

Brazil: Sergeant Adalberto Ilha de Macedo.

India: Captain Vijay Sachar, Subahdar Ajit Singh, Sepoy Sohan Singh, Sepoy Joginder Singh, Sepoy Pritam Singh, Sepoy Sadhu Singh, Sepoy Mohinder Singh, Bandsman Gopal Singh, Sepoy Mukhtiar Singh, L/Naik Sulakhan Singh, Sepoy Jit Singh, Sepoy G. K. Kutty, Nce Sona Baitha, Sepoy Zora Singh. In addition, there were sixteen wounded in the Indian contingent and one slightly wounded in the Brazilian contingent.

Apart from the casualties suffered in the strafing of a UNEF convoy by Israel aircraft on 5 June and by a mine explosion, the remaining casualties were due to artillery and mortar fire on the camps in which UNEF personnel were concentrated and on UNEF headquarters in Gaza town. I wish to express again my deep regret at the casualties suffered by UNEF when the troops had already ceased to perform operational duties and were awaiting repatriation. I also wish to express once again my condolences to the Governments concerned and to the bereaved families.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
....I do understand that you Jew haters out there like to forget the real history and make up new events or deny old ones so I agreed to your request and I have brought down two sources.....
View Quote

Why does it always come down to this?  My thoughts run along these lines.

Israel was in the fight of her life.  The proper tactical decision was to eliminate any source that may have jeopardized OPSEC.  The US response points to collusion. I belive the men who were the architects of this incident were looking out for their best interest.  In the US and Israel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I did not support the North Vietnamese during the Viet Nam war so by the logic of many Jews that would make me anti-Oriental.

What is painfully obvious to even the most casual observer is  the utter lack of regard Israelis have for any life but their own.

This elitist, imperialistic, expansionist doctrine is accomplished with the monetary support of the tax dollars of hard working Americans.

Since the Israel lobby pulls the strings in D.C. and one will never hear a disparaging word against anything Jewish in any of the media, the Israelis act as does a bullying weakling with a powerful big brother to back him up.

Lest you actually believe that we are in Iraq because of threats against our national security with WMD's, wake up. We are there to remove the Iraqi threat against Israel. Brave American men and women spill their blood so Israeli's don't have to, especially when one considers how underrepresented Jews are in the United States armed forces.

It is sad that a people who are so quick to cry discrimination practice it so freely.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lest you actually believe that we are in Iraq because of threats against our national security with WMD's, wake up. We are there to remove the Iraqi threat against Israel. Brave American men and women spill their blood so Israeli's don't have to, especially when one considers how underrepresented Jews are in the United States armed forces.

It is sad that a people who are so quick to cry discrimination practice it so freely.
View Quote

Interesting...

Jews Serve in World War II
by Seymour "Sy" Brody
When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, and the United States declared war on Japan and Germany, American Jewish men and women responded to their country's call for the armed forces. Over 550,000 served in the Armed Forces of the United States during World War II. About 11,000 were killed and over 40,000 were wounded. There were two recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor, 157 received the Distinguished Service Medal and Crosses, which included Navy Crosses, and 1,600 were awarded the Silver Star. About 50,242 other decorations, citations and awards were given to Jewish heroes for a total of 52,000 decorations.

[red]Jews were 3.3 percent of the total American population but they were 4.23 percent of the Armed Forces.[/red] About 60 percent of all Jewish physicians in the United States under 45 years of age were in service uniforms.
View Quote

[url]http://www.fau.edu/library/br095.htm[/url]

From a 1987 report:

Percent of soldiers identifying as JEWISH = 3.7%

[url]https://www.patrick.af.mil/deomi/Observances%20&%20Demographics/Additional%20Resources/Religious%20Resources/acco87.htm[/url]

Pretty well meets or exceeds the approx. 3% in the U.S. population, eh?

Better tighten the tinfoil a bit!  [;D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/UN/UNEF1.html[/url]

[url]http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/0/d21af95689e8f2c00525660b0051640f?OpenDocument[/url]

ok I brought the reaserch and now  authoritatively say that what you quoted was bullshit!!!
View Quote

Taken directly from the UN document:

8. In my report to the Security Council (S/7930 and Add.1-17),3/ I referred to the tragic casualties which the Force had suffered as a result of being involuntarily caught up in the hostilities which began on 5 June. The following is the confirmed list of casualties suffered:

Brazil: Sergeant Adalberto Ilha de Macedo.

India: Captain Vijay Sachar, Subahdar Ajit Singh, Sepoy Sohan Singh, Sepoy Joginder Singh, Sepoy Pritam Singh, Sepoy Sadhu Singh, Sepoy Mohinder Singh, Bandsman Gopal Singh, Sepoy Mukhtiar Singh, L/Naik Sulakhan Singh, Sepoy Jit Singh, Sepoy G. K. Kutty, Nce Sona Baitha, Sepoy Zora Singh. In addition, there were sixteen wounded in the Indian contingent and one slightly wounded in the Brazilian contingent.

Apart from the casualties suffered in the strafing of a UNEF convoy by Israel aircraft on 5 June and by a mine explosion, the remaining casualties were due to artillery and mortar fire on the camps in which UNEF personnel were concentrated and on UNEF headquarters in Gaza town. I wish to express again my deep regret at the casualties suffered by UNEF when the troops had already ceased to perform operational duties and were awaiting repatriation. I also wish to express once again my condolences to the Governments concerned and to the bereaved families.
View Quote

How typical to bring out one statement and exaggerate its importance to somewhat support the crux of your bullshit argument. What you didn’t mention was that also in that report it showed clearly, through charts, that most UN troops were out and that there were only a few left remaining. You also fail to mention that most of the soldiers left through Israeli ports, so not only was Israel not killing these soldiers but also were helping them leave (at Israel’s own detriment). The UN personnel that were there were few in comparison to what was there before the war. They were also stationed on the Egyptian side of the border in Gaza and NOT IN THE SINAI. Those soldiers that were killed were killed in amidst a war zone where they were in enemy territory and amongst them. Lets not forget that Israel was outnumbered 12 to one and when Israel attacked Egypt they didn’t have the time or the manpower to ensure that those few UN personnel were out of harms way. Those that were killed were by accident and it is ridicules to claim that Israel would go out of its way to also attack soldiers of the UN.

Its interesting to me that even if your bullshit assumption were correct, that in your mind would make sense for you to believe that on that alone Israel would want to really piss off  the U.S. and potentially invoke the u.s. in attacking Israel. It’s really absurd to have that assumption.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting...

Jews Serve in World War II
by Seymour "Sy" Brody
When the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, and the United States declared war on Japan and Germany, American Jewish men and women responded to their country's call for the armed forces. Over 550,000 served in the Armed Forces of the United States during World War II. About 11,000 were killed and over 40,000 were wounded. There were two recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor, 157 received the Distinguished Service Medal and Crosses, which included Navy Crosses, and 1,600 were awarded the Silver Star. About 50,242 other decorations, citations and awards were given to Jewish heroes for a total of 52,000 decorations.

[red]Jews were 3.3 percent of the total American population but they were 4.23 percent of the Armed Forces.[/red] About 60 percent of all Jewish physicians in the United States under 45 years of age were in service uniforms.
View Quote

[url]http://www.fau.edu/library/br095.htm[/url]

From a 1987 report:

Percent of soldiers identifying as JEWISH = 3.7%

[url]https://www.patrick.af.mil/deomi/Observances%20&%20Demographics/Additional%20Resources/Religious%20Resources/acco87.htm[/url]

Pretty well meets or exceeds the approx. 3% in the U.S. population, eh?

Better tighten the tinfoil a bit!  [;D]
View Quote

Thanks for providing 16 year old statistics.

Current stats obtained from www.VirtualJerusalem.com:

Percentage of Jews in the USA: 2.5%

Percentage of Jews in the US Armed Forces: 1%
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
....I do understand that you Jew haters out there like to forget the real history and make up new events or deny old ones so I agreed to your request and I have brought down two sources.....
View Quote

Israel was in the fight of her life.  The proper tactical decision was to eliminate any source that may have jeopardized OPSEC.  The US response points to collusion. I belive the men who were the architects of this incident were looking out for their best interest.  In the US and Israel.
View Quote

IDFM_203,

What is your view of what really happened?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
[red]What is painfully obvious to even the most casual observer is the utter lack of regard Israelis have for any life but their own.[/red]

Yes, they live in extremely small area, my car couldn't get to full speed going E-W from one border of Israel to the other. They are surrounded by people that have somewhat common lineage, and have signifigantly more land and people, serious multiples.

Think about it, really you are surrounded and cut off. Some of your neighbors, PLO, have in THIER founding documents one of their goals is you destruction. If you lose, everyone you know dies.

Kinda think you are going to be more concerned about winning, rather than impressing people with your niceness.

Think Custer, he wasn't as outnumbered as bad though.

[red]This elitist, imperialistic, expansionist doctrine is accomplished with the monetary support of the tax dollars of hard working Americans.[/red]

That almost sounds like what the French said about US before DS-II.

Hey wait, do Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt exsist today? Hasn't Israel destroyed all of those countries militaries in war(s).

If they are so imperialistic, tell us about the wars that were fought to dislodge Israel from those countries. Hint, you won't remember any because Israel left those countries, after destroying the threat those countries posed to Israel.

Small areas have been retained for stratgic and tactical reasons, such as the Golan Heights.

Just like the US almost went to war to keep the USSR from putting missiles in Cuba, for those same stategic and tactical reasons.

[red]Since the Israel lobby pulls the strings in D.C. and one will never hear a disparaging word against anything Jewish in any of the media, the Israelis act as does a bullying weakling with a powerful big brother to back him up.[/red]

I believe that most of that is US citizens DEMANDING that their elected representatives support an ally. It has something to do with representative government, and probably guilt over not doing more prior to WWII.

Let's see, in the media the other day I kept hearing about Israel's "target assinations" then about Palistinean "suicide bombers".  

This may be just me but if anything that seems slanted. Those poor "suicide bombers" were not depressed people killing themselves. They were blowing up buses, filled with Israelis.

Targeted assinations, it seems to me not too long ago, some Al-Queda chaps were driving along in a car that got hit by a hellfire missile launched from an armed UAV. But wait, was that called a targeted assasination? No it wasn't it was called the elimination of dangerous terrorist. By the way the US did that.

Not to long ago, some Hamas chaps were driving along in a car that got hit by a hellfire missile launched by an AH-1. That was definitely a targeted assanation, Israel did that. By the way that was immediatley after the terrorist that was due for elimination made public statements that the terrorist bombing against Israel would continue.

Tell me what is the difference between Al-Queda and Hamas? That's right both are terrorist groups devoted to killing people that are unarmed going about their regular daily tasks, based on the victims religion, and government. Oh Hamas attacks Israel, Al-Queda is multi-national.

Israel has suffered casulties form suicied bombing for a long time. It has been the equivelant to the US suffering the Oaklahoma City Bombing every month for 3-4 years. How do you think the US would react to an OKC bombing, every month, for 3-4 years if the same people were responsible for each of those bombings?

Have you notice in Iraq, as terrorist type attacks have escalated against US troops, the counter measures have been getting much more severe? Think what would the reaction be if US troops were getting shot at every day for 20 years, like the Israeli's have been. That's right play time would be over.

[red]Lest you actually believe that we are in Iraq because of threats against our national security with WMD's, wake up. We are there to remove the Iraqi threat against Israel. Brave American men and women spill their blood so Israeli's don't have to, especially when one considers how underrepresented Jews are in the United States armed forces.[/red]

[>:/]

What? Are you serious?

I think the US, esp President Bush, got sick and tired of having Iraq do stupid, inhumane stuff, while sticking their collective thumb in Uncle Sam's eye. For the past 8 years Uncle Sam had been told to deal with the sore eye. After all Iraq had been given 90 days to disarm 10 years ago.

After DS-I President Bush intimated there would be US support if Iraqis rebelled against Saddam. They did. We didn't lift a finger. Thousands were killed, executed or totured.

Iraq under Saddam was responsible for attacking it's neighbors, and causing 1.2 million deaths, both in war and inside Iraq.

Yeah I guess that the possibilty of people like that developing WMD is nothing to worry about. It's not like they were crazy enough to use them IS IT?

Saddam was a stain on humanity, and the Bush family record. It was just time to remove that stain.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for providing 16 year old statistics.

Current stats obtained from www.VirtualJerusalem.com:

Percentage of Jews in the USA: 2.5%

Percentage of Jews in the US Armed Forces: 1%
View Quote

Gotta cite?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

IDFM_203,

What is your view of what really happened?
View Quote

Like I have said before and others have also brought down is what happened was that the U.S.(liberty) was spying on Israel’s troop deployments by listening and intercepting its radio transmissions from the field and then they were then relaying it to the Egyptians. You must remember that at the time the u.s. did not have a special relationship with Israel and also at that time must people thought that Israel was finished, so the thinking was that it would be in the u.s. interests to help the Arabs (everyone likes to back a winner) for they then could reap the benefits of what they thought would be better relations thus enabling the u.s. to get better deals with regards to the Arabs oil.

If you are look at this on a motivational basis that there too you must conclude my assumptions for based on motives, the u.s. had a strong motive to back the Arabs against Israel where as Israel did not have any other motive other then the fact that the u.s. was spying on it which is a good motive to attack it.

I suggest you read “The Secret War Against the Jews” (reahttp://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2TVD1OEOFF&isbn=0312156480&itm=1d the book)where it is outlined the events surrounding the liberty incident and the u.s. involvement in helping Israel’s enemies during the war.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How typical to bring out one statement and exaggerate its importance to somewhat support the crux of your bullshit argument. What you didn’t mention was that also in that report it showed clearly, through charts, that most UN troops were out and that there were only a few left remaining. You also fail to mention that most of the soldiers left through Israeli ports, so not only was Israel not killing these soldiers but also were helping them leave (at Israel’s own detriment). The UN personnel that were there were few in comparison to what was there before the war. They were also stationed on the Egyptian side of the border in Gaza and NOT IN THE SINAI. Those soldiers that were killed were killed in amidst a war zone where they were in enemy territory and amongst them. Lets not forget that Israel was outnumbered 12 to one and when Israel attacked Egypt they didn’t have the time or the manpower to ensure that those few UN personnel were out of harms way. Those that were killed were by accident and it is ridicules to claim that Israel would go out of its way to also attack soldiers of the UN.

Its interesting to me that even if your bullshit assumption were correct, that in your mind would make sense for you to believe that on that alone Israel would want to really piss off  the U.S. and potentially invoke the u.s. in attacking Israel. It’s really absurd to have that assumption.

View Quote

Idfm, you are the one who provided the supporting UN document listing the Indian casualties. In addition the UN document specifically mentions the UN compound in Gaza as one of the locations where UN personel were killed. The UN document makes note of the fact that the hostilities began on June 5, and the book lists the casualties as occuring on June 8. I'll say it again, THE UN DOCUMENT SUPPORTS THE BOOK. Unfortunatly for you, yelling BULLSHIT at someone elses postings dosen't help you support you point of view. What exactly is your point? And by the way, stop talking for all 'us' jews, some of us can make our own points. Some of 'us' are also in uniform. A United States uniform by the way.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a gut feeling that you were jewfish but held back for it is too hard to explain to everyone else here all the intricacies of this phenomenon of self hating Jews(for again you were not disagreeing but were in fact making shit up) that unfortunately live amongst us. What I always find amusing about you people is that you always take the Arabs word over Israel and always side with them but if the final day were to come and the arabs were victorious they wouldn’t even care who you sided with but would kill you without any hesitation.

My statement that your quote stands as bullshit, for one, you said that Israel committed war crimes in the Sinai where from this report we see that no deaths occurred there. secondly you imply that Israel was committing war crimes where I have shown you that these few (not many as you have implied)were killed in the course of the war and it was not done intentional(not war crimes).
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[.....If you are look at this on a motivational basis that there too you must conclude my assumptions for based on motives, the u.s. had a strong motive to back the Arabs against Israel where as Israel did not have any other motive other then the fact that the u.s. was spying on it which is a good motive to attack it.

I suggest you read “The Secret War Against the Jews” (reahttp://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2TVD1OEOFF&isbn=0312156480&itm=1d the book)where it is outlined the events surrounding the liberty incident and the u.s. involvement in helping Israel’s enemies during the war.
View Quote

IDFM_203,

Your logic seams sound, but why did the Navy call off the fleet and more importantly the strike aircraft if the US had no special relationship with Israel?  If Israel was going to lose, why not finish her off?  Using your logic, we should have attacked.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.fas.org/sgp/eprint/bamford.html[/url]
View Quote

Very interesting.  I wonder if the New Republic ran the same article that Oren wrote for Azure, the Shalem magazine labeled as "Neoconservative" by the Federation of American Scientists in their July 17, 2001 "Secrecy News".

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:24:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was sarcastic bait.  You swallowed. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Don't blame me for his poor use of sarcasm.
View Quote

Typical Rikwriter. Can't even admit the obvious.
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=193559&page=1[/url]

So it was just sarcasm?  Waiting for others to admit the "obvious."
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:43:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[.....If you are look at this on a motivational basis that there too you must conclude my assumptions for based on motives, the u.s. had a strong motive to back the Arabs against Israel where as Israel did not have any other motive other then the fact that the u.s. was spying on it which is a good motive to attack it.

View Quote

IDFM_203,

Your logic seams sound, but why did the Navy call off the fleet and more importantly the strike aircraft if the US had no special relationship with Israel?  If Israel was going to lose, why not finish her off?  Using your logic, we should have attacked.
View Quote

My logic still stands for the key here was that the u.s. was in a way hedging its bets. It was thought that Israel was going to lose. No one has a crystal ball so by the u.s. sending the liberty it was betting (seemingly the safe bet) that Israel was going to lose. What better way to do it, then do it secretly with the liberty. For if Israel won, supposedly they wouldn’t have known or even if they did at least all it was, was a spy ship and not the u.s. attacking. The whole concept of the u.s. actually attacking doesn’t make sense for a couple of reasons. Firstly the u.s. at the time was engaged in a war in Vietnam and could ill afford another war. Secondly it wouldn’t be able to have an overt war and win public support for many Americans at the time sympathized with Israel, being that it is a democracy and after the holocaust the last thing anyone wants to see is u.s. troops going in to kill Jews. What you must understand though, is that the government makes unpopular decisions in a covert way. This was done through the liberty and as I have explained before the u.s. had great motive for this.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:28:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
While I agree wholly with the idea of your post Sylvan, Liberty wasn't a trawler like the Soviet AGI's usually were. She was a converted liberty ship of 17,000 tons displacemnt. The size of a light cruser.

The Egyptian freighter turned missle boat tender the IDF may have been intending to attack was half the size. But the both of them still had the bulk freighter shilloette with the center bridge/funnel mass and the high quarterdeck and forcastle and low areas over the holds for and aft.

It is true that the IDF aircraft did not use weapons that were likely to sink such a vessel. 30mm cannon, 68mm rockets, 250kg fragmentation bombs and 500ltr napalm tanks are not going to sink a ship of that size. Those are weapons designed for use against tanks and infantry. Weapons that the IDF had that would sink a ship like Liberty would be the UK 1000lb and French 500kg GP bombs with delay tail fuses. Weapons they used to crater runways on the opening morning of the war.

The kind of weapons used lends creedance to the argument that the IDF aircaft were diverted from CAS missions in the Sinai after they had already launched.

Most accounts I have seen say Liberty was hit by 2 21in torpedoes. I have no reason to argue with that. Why the IDF "Nastys" gave up I don't know. They should of had a lot more weapons than that aboard, though if those torpedoes were US or UK WWII surplus there could have been a lot of bad runs. Most Nastys equipped for torpedo launching though were fitted with the German/Norwegan devleoped Seal wire guided/accoustic homing anti ship torpedo. If they had the Seal weapon the Nastys would have not been likely to have had so may misses as to use up all 12 of their torpedoes. If they had the guided torpedos and stopped after only two hits its because they realized something was wrong and STOPPED shooting. Which they would not have done if they had known what the target was and had orders to sink it specifically.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#20]
The [b]'USS Liberty'[/b] threads have gotten so weak and unconvincing that I cannot believe that
I still bother to read them.

But I do!

You owe it to yourselves, and to us, to read up on this matter a little more thoroughly before you make some of the ridiculous comments that I have seen evidenced on this, and the other 'USS Liberty' threads!

I am not saying that IF you believe the attack was deliberate, YOU don't know what you're talking about, but to continue rehashing the same old losing arguments, when even the folks on your side have abandoned them, is simply a waste of bandwidth.

[b](Bogus) REASON NO. 1[/b] - James Bamford, the darling of the anti-Israel crowd, in his 1982 book on the NSA, entitled 'The Puzzle Palace', first came up with the 'Golan Heights Gambit' in that book.

His view on the Israelis rationale for the attack? The Israelis were about to attack Syria and forcibly take the Golan Heights and did not want the US to know of their plans because Washington DC [u]opposed[/u] the Israelis on this.

So, attack the USS Liberty on June 8 and keep the US from learning of the proposed attack on June 9, until it was a [i][b]fait accompli[/b][/i]!

[b]Problem with REASON NO. 1[/b] - Since 'The Puzzle Palace' was written in 1982, the '30 year rule' kept crucial intelligence unavailable for him to review.

When the '30 year rule' lapsed in 1997, and the secret communiques between the United States and Israel were available to historians, they showed that far from opposing the Israeli attack on the Golan Heights, Washington DC was actually encouraging the attack!

The Johnson Administration went so far as to order its UN Ambassador to delay the Security Council's meeting on a MidEast Ceasefire until AFTER Washington DC was signaled by the Israelis that the attack was successful and all the land it needed for its security had been seized!

Oh, well, Mr. Bamford, back to the drawing board! [:D]

[b](Bogus) REASON No. 2.[/b] - Mr. Bamford, in his 1997 book 'Body of Secrets', came up with a new and decidedly nasty reason for the USS Liberty attack!

The perfidious [s] Jews [/s] Israelis were in the process of butchering thousands of captured Egyptian POWs in the Sinai, at a town named El Arish, that was uncomfortably close to where the USS Liberty was steaming!

The actual first report of such killing did not mention a specific number, but a later report claimed 20 POWs were killed. Then 100. Then 600. Soon it was a 1,000, and by the time Bamford caught up to the story, it had become 'thousands', so many that, as Bamford wrote, 'the sand turned red with the blood of the victims.'

Wow, a 'Jewish death camp'! How wonderful for the anti-Israel crowd!

Problem with REASON NO. 2 - The Egyptians have never complained that ANY of its soldiers captured by the Israelis in the Six Days War were systematically killed, or even mistreated!

The Israelis, at the end of the War, turned over more than 10,000 captured Egyptian soldiers in exchange for less than 100 Israeli soldiers captured by the Egyptians.

Since Egypt recovered the entirety of the Sinai in 1979, by its Peace Agreement with Israel, it has had unrestricted access to the area surrounding the site of the alleged war crimes near El Arish since at least that year.

So where are the remains of these hapless Egyptian prisoners? Where are their grieving families demanding justice, and ululating over the 'sands darkened with the blood' of their sons and husbands?

Where are the demands for compensation? Where is the Arab press? What keeps the Arab Street so quiet about such an obvious Zionist Sin?

Easy answer, folks. It just didn't happen.

James Bamford, having had his knuckles rapped for the 'Golan Heights Gambit' fiasco, and having at least 19 years to come up with a better and more plausible explanation for the attack than that discredited theory, deserves a serious whipping for this reprehensible POS!

And IF that is the best that the 'Israel Did It On Purpose' crowd can come up with after 36 years, then it certainly says something about their position.

Just ask yourself this - Why would Israel, on the very eve of the greatest military victory that they could have hoped for over their eternal enemies, have risked [u]everything[/u] on the as-yet-unexplained need to sink the USS Liberty?

And I say, risk everything, for the US could have easily turned the Israeli Victory into a solid defeat for them in a few nanoseconds.

If nothing else, they could have forced Israel to give up the hard won fruits of victory!

And before you say, 'Yes, but the Johnson Administration were so beholden to the Jews in America that it would never have done so', just think if the American popular opinion had shifted against Israel at that time. Knowing LBJ as we do, it would have been no time at all before he was changing his pro-Israel views, if his political survival was at stake.

The Israelis would have realized that too! How could it afford to lose the goodwill of the American People over an as-yet-unexplained ploy, such as attacking a US warship on the high seas?  

We know precisely why the USS Liberty was on station off the coast of Egypt on June 8, 1967.

And it had NOTHING to do with Israel.

They were there simply to monitor transmissions from the Soviet supplied bombers stationed in Egypt, to determine whether the planes were being flown by Egyptian pilots (as the Soviets maintained), or by Russian pilots (as the US suspected).

So, why [u]did[/u] the Israelis attack?

[b]Simply a tragic mistake in the fog of war.[/b]

Ask the Canadians about it, for it seems to occur no matter at what level of sophistication warfare takes place.

BTW, Arab historians have always believed the attack was simply a mistake - they 'know' that Israel would never attack its benefactor!

Eric The('NuffSaid)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#21]
When the '30 year rule' lapsed in 1997, and the secret communiques between the United States and Israel were available to historians, they showed that far from opposing the Israeli attack on the Golan Heights, Washington DC was actually encouraging the attack!

The Johnson Administration went so far as to order its UN Ambassador to delay the Security Council's meeting on a MidEast Ceasefire until AFTER Washington DC was signaled by the Israelis that the attack was successful and all the land it needed for its security had been seized!
View Quote

Now when did the Johnson Administration decide to start helping Israel in this? Because before the Six Day War we would not let them buy hardware here. What American equipment they had was third hand from either France or West Germany. And when the Germans passed on something farely modern, the batch of 150 M48's in 1965, the Johnson administration had a rather large hissyfit at Germany.

What caused them to flop their position?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If we cut of relations with every country that attacked US Navy ships or killed US servicemen over the years we would be very lonely. France, England, Japan, Germany, Phillipines, Spain, Italy, we would have to disassociate from all of them.
View Quote

Has any of these countries attacked our ships since WW2? IIRC, the last German, Japanese or Italian attack on US ships was during WW2, when all three had very different governments. Spain was the Spanish American War (an "affair" that we wanted much more than the spanish). England and France during the age of sail. Phillipines?

Let's compare to modern attacks on our shipping:

1) Iran.
2) North Korea.
3) North Vietnam (Gulf of Tonkin).
4) USSR (certainly "played rough" a few times during the Cold War).

Quoted:
And the far far most likely cause of the attack was that Liberty was mistaken for the mothership for the Egyptian Komar boats that had already sunk the IDFS Eliat with a Styx missile. Even naval aviators trained and practiced in ship attack misidentify ships that look almost nothing alike. IDF pilots had no antiship training and the fighters they were flying had no air to surface radar or optronics. Their attacks were conducted with a reflector sight and Mk 1 eyeball, same as WWII but from more than twice the speed and altitude.
View Quote

The above is a very good point. During WW2, misidentification of "enemy" ships was common. It is hard judging the size of a ship on the ocean, etc. That's one reason the Japanese Kamakzis concentrated so much on the American escort vessels even though they were supposed to go after the carriers.  

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

1967 was 36 years ago. That is not a modern attack. Besides, if you are going to arbitrarily go back 36 years what is wrong with going back 60? Or 104?
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was sarcastic bait.  You swallowed. [rolleyes]
View Quote

Don't blame me for his poor use of sarcasm.
View Quote

Typical Rikwriter. Can't even admit the obvious.
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=193559&page=1[/url]

So it was just sarcasm?  Waiting for others to admit the "obvious."
View Quote

Still waiting.  Crickets chirping, to coin a phrase...
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

1967 was 36 years ago. That is not a modern attack. Besides, if you are going to arbitrarily go back 36 years what is wrong with going back 60? Or 104?
View Quote

I would certainly consider '67 to be modern. Not recent, but modern. Neither involved government has substantially changed since then, while the German, Japanese, and Italian governments have substantially changed--because one of them made the mistake of attacking our shipping in Pearl Harbor.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Post from Sylvan -
Hun, where you been?
View Quote

Sorry. I'm going through a small personal crisis (separation) and haven't been posting much.

But you know how these 'USS Liberty' threads seem to draw me like a moth to the flame.

So to speak. [:D]

Eric The(SingedForOurFriends)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they wanted to sink the ship, they would have attacked with missiles or bombs.
View Quote

Like machine guns and torpedos?

View Quote

Machine Guns won't sink a ship.  [red]While there were plenty of claims about torpedos from the American side, the Israelis never claimed to use them[/red] (I think, it would take a true nazi to research this their whole life)
More to the point, if the IAF wanted to sink a converted trawler, I think they could.  Or is the premise now that the blood thirsty maniacal imperialist murdering IAF is inept?

They wanted to put the ship out of commission.  They did.  Don't spy at people who are at war, bad things happen.  

Do you think the Israelis asked nicely and Johnson told them "money-grubbing" jews to fuck off?
If that did happen, do you think we would ever hear about it?
View Quote

[img]http://ussliberty.org/g/t-holeb.jpg[/img]

Here is a photo taken of the USS Liberty while it was in drydock.  The hole you see is at the waterline of the ship.  The hull is buckled inward.  

It was a torpedo.

[blue]Edited to add:  Sylvan, I was typing this up as you were making your correction that you just posted.[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Read Commander McGonagle's testimony before the Naval Court of Inquiry held on June 10, 1967, a mere 48 hours AFTER the attack in order to see that even HE thought the attack was a tragic mistake.

In every respect, his testimony gave credence to the Israeli position that the attack was a trgic mistake.

Then, suffering from terminal cancer and dying a few months later, the Commander made the statement that there SHOULD be a Congressional hearing!

He never retracted his original testimony.

Ever.

Remember [u]that[/u]!

And before you say, 'But, Hun, he was only protecting his own azz!', you'd better be careful what you say about the only [u]real[/u] hero in the whole sorry affair!

He did receive the [b]Medal of Honor[/b] for his actions, remember!

His testimony can be found at the USS Liberty website:

[url]http://ussliberty.org/nci.txt[/url]

It is mighty compelling stuff, I can tell you!

Read his testimony and see whether you believe that the Israelis knew what they were doing.

Eric The(FairMinded)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#30]
If you haven't read James Ennis book, yer not qualified to participate in this discussion.

McGonagle (to my understanding) recanted his dishonest testimony when he learned he had a terminal disease. Gov't couldn't get him then. He's dead now.

The attack makes PERFECT strategic and tactical sense.

Israel was about to launch a major military offensive against teh Arabs.

A military intelligence ship  with some of the worlds BEST monitoring equipment was sitting less than 15 miles off the coast where this military offensive was about to be launched.

The country who owned that ship had NOT declared loyalties to either side.

Only the MOST intellectually dishonest of persons posting here, as the hyposthetical Israeli commander, would say there was not IMMENSE reason to deliberately attack the USS Liberty.

And given eight fly bys, only a aircraft pilot too blind to walk across a room in his own house could mistake the Liberty for anything other than a US military intelligence ship.

This has been done to death. Those of you who refuse to be convinced will NEVER be convinced (possible exception being when GOd Himself tells you it was so at the Great White Throne Judgment. Again, only POSSIBLY God Himself will change your mind, and I have my doubts about that.)

So I'm NOT gonna debate it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Food for thought:

"Accidents caused by “friendly fire” are common in wartime. In 1988, the U.S. Navy mistakenly downed an Iranian passenger plane, killing 290 civilians. During the Gulf War, 35 of the 148 Americans who died in battle were killed by “friendly fire.” In April 1994, two U.S. Black Hawk helicopters with large U.S. flags painted on each side were shot down by U.S. Air Force F-15s on a clear day in the “no fly” zone of Iraq, killing 26 people. In fact, the day before the Liberty was attacked, Israeli pilots accidentally bombed one of their own armored columns south of Jenin on the West Bank"
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Sorry, [b]garandman[/b], but:
Quoted:
If you haven't read James Ennis book, yer not qualified to participate in this discussion.
View Quote

Sorry to disappoint you, but beginning in 1980, I read all three editions of the Ennes book, including the 2002 paperback edition that claimed 'new evidence.'

It didn't contain any 'new' evidence, at all.

If you are savvy to this subject, then you know that Mr. Ennes has claimed that there are at least TWO [u]Israeli[/u] participants that have promised to come forward and tell the truth about how they were ordered by Tel Aviv to sink the US spy ship!

Mr. Ennes promised us all that these two great witnesses would be coming forward and their names 'made public' within the 'next month or two.'

That was in [b]1993![/b]

[b]Ten years ago, and these TWO Israeli surprise witnesses have failed to come forward![/b]

And Mr. Ennes has refused to name them, as one would assume that he would, in order to 'force their hands'!

What BS!

If the subject is THAT important to you, as it obviously is to Mr. Ennes, you would just state their names and let others question them into the ground!
McGonagle (to my understanding) recanted his dishonest testimony when he learned he had a terminal disease. Gov't couldn't get him then. He's dead now.
View Quote

[Church Lady voice]How convenient![/Church Lady voice]

So, this Medal of Honor recipient, who braved hostile cannon and missile fire, to remain at his command post on the bridge while everyone around him was dead or dying, who refused medical attention until the ship was finally secure, all hands had been rescued, and a US Naval vessel was tied up alongside, was skeered of his own government???!!!

In the days of the Pentagon Papers????!!!!

In the days of anti-government protests over the on-going War in Vietnam????!!!

Y'all just don't remember those times the way I do!

If you had anything NASTY to say about the US government and its penchant for secrecy, then you would have had no trouble telling your story to Sen. Henry 'Scoop' Jackson, or Sen. Frank Church, or Sen. Fulbright!
The attack makes PERFECT strategic and tactical sense.
View Quote

BULLSHIT!

How can that possibly be????

Explain that!

It makes NO SENSE whatsoever!
Israel was about to launch a major military offensive against teh Arabs.
View Quote

BULLSHIT!

By June 8, 1967, the day of the USS Liberty Attack, the Six Day War was almost completely OVER!

The headline of the New York Times for June 8, 1967, was simply this:

[size=5][b]Israel Routs Arabs![/b][/size=5]
A military intelligence ship  with some of the worlds BEST monitoring equipment was sitting less than 15 miles off the coast where this military offensive was about to be launched.
View Quote

BULLSHIT!

You say that the Israelis were about to LAUNCH AN ATTACK IN THE SINAI ON JUNE 8, 1967???!!!

Nonsense! The Israeli's OWNED the Sinai on June 7, 1967!

Remember? Your hero, James Bamford, accuses the Israelis of [u]beginning[/u] the slaughter of the Egyptian POWS on June 8, 1967, AFTER they had captured the entire Sinai Penisula!

[b]The War in the Sinai ended the day BEFORE the USS Liberty Attack![/b]

You are confusing the true facts with the now-discredited 'Golan Heights Gambit' that James Bamford formulated in his 1982 book, The Puzzle Palace!
The country who owned that ship had NOT declared loyalties to either side.
View Quote

Well, make up your mind, [b]garandman[/b], was the United States an ally of Israel at the time of the attack, or not???!!!
Only the MOST intellectually dishonest of persons posting here, as the hyposthetical Israeli commander, would say there was not IMMENSE reason to deliberately attack the USS Liberty.
View Quote

And just what would that reason be, for the umpteen thousandth time????

To call down on Israel the nuclear might of an enraged American Naval Fleet???

How stupid could the Israelis be? In your own views, are the Israelis STUPID?

Are they? They had just beat the SHIT outta the Gentiles, didn't they???

And now they risk losing their cherished victory, to do what?

C'mon, give us your REASON for the attack!
And given eight fly bys, only a aircraft pilot too blind to walk across a room in his own house could mistake the Liberty for anything other than a US military intelligence ship.
View Quote

The location and name of the USS Liberty was duly reported by Israeli aircraft and surface ships to the military authorities in Tel Aviv.

The ship's name, nationality, and position was duly put down on the Situation Board in the General HQ.

But after eight hours, by simple military rote, the marker was removed, since the info was considered 'stale' by then.

When the word later came in that an Egyptian ship was shelling the town of El Arish, there was nothing on the board that indicated [u]any[/u] ship in the area!

The Israelis sent aircraft and surface ships to check out the area and they found what they mistakenly thought was an Egyptian vessel, where [u]no[/u] US vessel was SUPPOSED to be!

They had been told, over and over, that no US vessels were less than 100 miles offshore!
This has been done to death.
View Quote

Obviously, [u]not[/u]!
Those of you who refuse to be convinced will NEVER be convinced (possible exception being when GOd Himself tells you it was so at the Great White Throne Judgment.
View Quote

I sincerely doubt [u]this[/u] will be a matter that is brought up on [u]that[/u] occasion!

I doubt we ever discuss it in Heaven.

In Hell, maybe, it will still generate some flames!
Again, only POSSIBLY God Himself will change your mind, and I have my doubts about that.)
View Quote

I doubt the Good Lord wants to change my mind about this, at all!
So I'm NOT gonna debate it.
View Quote

Well, at least give us the benefit of your own reason that you believe the Israelis risked it all to attack the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967!

It must be a great reason, for they are not stupid people!

Let's hear it!

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun[>]:)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top