User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the reason behind it is, we (humans/people) are assumed to have caused the extinction of them, therefore we are responsible for keeping them alive.

Depends on your opinion on conservation.

Thats why. We are responsible for it.

We are part of nature.

Yes we are, but the means of habitat destruction we cause are not.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For millions of years species have been going extinct.  Why is it that we have decided that the government should tax people to the tune of billions of dollars a year to try to stop that?

Were you scared by an environmentalist this morning or something?

No, I'm just tired of people assigning blame for the current economic problems to everything other than the actual source of the problem.  Forty years of enviro-indoctrination is coming home to roost.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the reason behind it is, we (humans/people) are assumed to have caused the extinction of them, therefore we are responsible for keeping them alive.

We are part of nature.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It's called evolution in action.

Humans and some stock animals will be all that's left.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know you can voice your opinion with out all the anger, if you disagree fine.
but it is alot easier to get people to listen to you if they dont feel like they are being yelled at or talked down too. i do not agree with your opinions but atleast i respect them

Really?  I am so sorry, I was just voicing my opinion and I did not mean to hurt your feelings.  In the future I will be sure to take into consideration your delicate condition and try and voice my typing in a more appropriate manner.

Nah, Fuck it...

Frankly, you are the one talking down to people.  You do not respect my opinion or you would have not gone out of your way to try and lessen my opinion by not rebutting it, but by disparaging the methods in which they were parleyed.  "Shoot the messenger" is a fairly common tactic used by those who refuse to listen to the message.  

So you consider yourself a better person because you "respect my opinion"?   I have the right not to respect opinions that I do not agree with and the idea that I have to is utter bullshit.  I don't agree with fascism, do I have to respect it?  How about Pedophilia?  "I don't agree with fucking little boys in the ass, but I respect your opinion that it is right to do so."......Yea, that flies well..

Greentardation is a curse upon us all and will result in the wholesale slaughter and deaths of millions.  Some even state that as a goal.   From Greenpeace convincing African nations to refuse certain foods, to our not being able to drill and produce the fuel we need to feed us and our economy.  This also goes for the assholes that have send California into a drought because of a stupid fish.  These animals are not worth the lives of humans.  Any asshole who thinks they are is seriously mentally ill.  I DO NOT NEED TO  RESPECT YOUR OPINION WHEN THE RESULTS WILL LEAD TO GENOCIDE.  

Go on, respect my opinion if it makes you feel better, but don't expect me to have to respect yours.

sorry you feel that way,

uhwarrie
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Two words:  genetic diversity.  We need it on the earth and can't pick and choose which species to save and which to ignore.

Since we aren't dieties, we shouldn't be in the business of picking particular species to save from extinction nor choosing species to "ignore".
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are part of nature.

So homo sapiens is a supernatural species of diety?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If they're particularly tasty,  I say, by all means,  SAVEOR THEM!!!  

CJ

Fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not a hippy by any means, but I think it would be a real shame for all lions, tigers, elephants, rhinos, and other animals to no longer exist.

The ones in captivity can't last forever. With the low numbers that zoos keep, all it takes is a few that refuse to breed, or a few that become sick.

I think natural extinction is unfortunate, but when people decimate frail populations, that's just messed up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree nature is 1 thing, man's influence fu(king it up for a species is another. I think we owe it to try and save those that we push to the brink of extinction. Sort of goes with being responsible.
I always recall stupid shi! people have done like the nature show I saw where tourists took a land rover through the grasslands of africa to see cheetahs up close and then backed over a cheetah cub while trying to get a better view.
Their sittin there sayin how most likely only 1 of her 3 cubs will make it to be an adult, ,,,,,,, well make that maybe 1 of her 2 cubs,,,
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Protect the tasty animals. I don't give a damn about the others.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Let say your dad worked for 30 years to make a beautiful park and when he dies he turns this over to the city.  This park is great and it has allot of cool things in it.  Soon the city decieds they need money, they sell the park the bulldoze it and build an abortion clinic.    Wouldn't you be a little pissed off that all of that time and effort were wasted, that something "nice" but "not useful" was replaced by just another shitty building?

Everything in earth has taken billions of years to reach it current state, and there is much wonder and beauty in the natural world.  We as humans have to decide what is worth keeping and what is not.  Clearly everything can't be saved, we need to make a living damn it.  But recklessly destroying everything and saying "I don't care I still can drink beer and watch football, what more do I need" is fucking stupid as well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are part of nature.

So homo sapiens is a supernatural species of diety?

Im talking about man made things, this has an impact on wildlife, it creates a hostile matrix.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Because many of the species that are endangered are in that state because of our actions, something that we can try to reverse while we still can. We've driven species to extinction in the past through our own mistakes. Saying that its because of the hippies or some other excuse is  simply a lame attempt to dismiss this effort as being unimportant in the posters mind.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Because many of the species that are endangered are in that state because of our actions, something that we can try to reverse while we still can. We've driven species to extinction in the past through our own mistakes. Saying that its because of the hippies or some other excuse is  simply a lame attempt to dismiss this effort as being unimportant in the posters mind.

Nature causes species to become extinct.  We're part of nature.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know you can voice your opinion with out all the anger, if you disagree fine.
but it is alot easier to get people to listen to you if they dont feel like they are being yelled at or talked down too. i do not agree with your opinions but atleast i respect them

Really?  I am so sorry, I was just voicing my opinion and I did not mean to hurt your feelings.  In the future I will be sure to take into consideration your delicate condition and try and voice my typing in a more appropriate manner.

Nah, Fuck it...

Frankly, you are the one talking down to people.  You do not respect my opinion or you would have not gone out of your way to try and lessen my opinion by not rebutting it, but by disparaging the methods in which they were parleyed.  "Shoot the messenger" is a fairly common tactic used by those who refuse to listen to the message.  

So you consider yourself a better person because you "respect my opinion"?   I have the right not to respect opinions that I do not agree with and the idea that I have to is utter bullshit.  I don't agree with fascism, do I have to respect it?  How about Pedophilia?  "I don't agree with fucking little boys in the ass, but I respect your opinion that it is right to do so."......Yea, that flies well..

Greentardation is a curse upon us all and will result in the wholesale slaughter and deaths of millions.  Some even state that as a goal.   From Greenpeace convincing African nations to refuse certain foods, to our not being able to drill and produce the fuel we need to feed us and our economy.  This also goes for the assholes that have send California into a drought because of a stupid fish.  These animals are not worth the lives of humans.  Any asshole who thinks they are is seriously mentally ill.  I DO NOT NEED TO  RESPECT YOUR OPINION WHEN THE RESULTS WILL LEAD TO GENOCIDE.  

Go on, respect my opinion if it makes you feel better, but don't expect me to have to respect yours.

sorry you feel that way,

uhwarrie

Good call. Don't waste your time arguing with fucktards.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Because the "personal responsibility" part of being a conservative means you have to pay your own way and you can't go around destroying the commons for financial gain, that's why.

Bunch of fucking pussies whining about how haaaard it is to get by without causing mass extinctions the likes of which the world has never known absent astronomical intervention, in the wealthiest, softest, easiest nation in history.

Grow the fuck up already and try to leave your kids a better world.

The older I get, and the more I listen to so-called conservativesa, the more convinced I become that it's all based on not giving a fuck about anything.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry you feel that way,

uhwarrie

Who is the fucktard?  The one who has clearly won the argument, or the one who called names, took their toys and went home?

You and uhwarrie have no clue, no argument, and no sense of reality.  Instead of even attempting to debate me you either call into question my methods or call me names and go home.  This just shows that you have no argument.  None, nada, zip, zero, nothing.  You guys live in this dream where the world has been a constant state for billions of years and that every change is bad, that nothing ever changes, and if it does it is somehow our fault and evil.  Of course this does not seems to stop you from driving and buying a house, eating food and reproducing.  

Call me names if that makes you feel better.  It appears that it is the best you can muster.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
For millions of years species have been going extinct.  Why is it that we have decided that the government should tax people to the tune of billions of dollars a year to try to stop that?

We're supposed to be the stewards of the earth. We can do whatever we want with it, so long as we don't trash the place. Saving a species from going extinct, especially if it is endangered as a result of human action (like the dodo), is a good thing.

That said, government picks some of the most retarded ways of going about it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thats a cop-out. Us destroying a species by slaughtering them en masse or destroying their habitat is a willful act. Its not the same as the example someone used of an unavoidable act like a volcano blowing its top. As one of the last posters said, it seems like being a conservative to some of you is simply an excuse to do nothing
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#21]
We should at least capture their genome first.

You never know when the genes from some obscure critter could come in handy.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry you feel that way,

uhwarrie

Who is the fucktard?  The one who has clearly won the argument, or the one who called names, took their toys and went home?

You and uhwarrie have no clue, no argument, and no sense of reality.  Instead of even attempting to debate me you either call into question my methods or call me names and go home.  This just shows that you have no argument.  None, nada, zip, zero, nothing.  You guys live in this dream where the world has been a constant state for billions of years and that every change is bad, that nothing ever changes, and if it does it is somehow our fault and evil.  Of course this does not seems to stop you from driving and buying a house, eating food and reproducing.  

Call me names if that makes you feel better.  It appears that it is the best you can muster.  

no, you misunderstand, i simply have no desire to "debate" with you. you take everything personally and if someone has an opinion different than yours they are a liberal...whatever. and note i never called you names. if it makes you feel better to have "won" this argument then by all means do. but frankly, i will sleep just fine tonight.

regards

uhwarrie
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
it seems like being a conservative to some of you is simply an excuse to do nothing

Rather, we want to live our lives free from the bonds of a government hell-bent on saving some species of mole.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Rather, we want to live our lives free from the bonds of a government hell-bent on saving some species of mole.

Wrong attitude on your part. If its Ok to kill off the mole, where does it end? You are on this planet for only a short time; that doesn't give you the right to kill off every species around you that you have no personal use for. You should think about how you are leaving the planet for the people coming after you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they're particularly tasty,  I say, by all means,  SAVE THEM!!!  

The lack of intrinsic value is the very reason they are at risk in the first place.

The surest way to save a species from extinction is to allow its value to be fairly evaluated by the market.  In many cases the only use a species has is as game or sport.

Bullshit. Dozens of species have been overharvested to the brink of extinction (or beyond). Conservationism is a pretty modern concept. Before the 20th century, it's more likely that any commercially exploitable resource would be harvested until exhausted.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
[What if saving the spotted cockroach means we have to bulldoze your house and return your property to its "natural state?"  Oh, you will still owe your mortgage.  Sorry 'bout dat--it's for the greater good.  

There has been a LOT of residential development in the US, particularly in the last 50 years, that happened in places that it shouldn't have. Some of those areas would be better off if we DID revert it back to a natural state.
If your house is going to be taken for one of those types of things, the government should be compensating you for the house and paying off your mortgage to boot. I've never heard of them seizing your house for that and making you pay your mortgage. i've heard of cars being seized due to drugs and the owner still having to foot the bill. Different issue though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Because the "personal responsibility" part of being a conservative means you have to pay your own way and you can't go around destroying the commons for financial gain, that's why.

Bunch of fucking pussies whining about how haaaard it is to get by without causing mass extinctions the likes of which the world has never known absent astronomical intervention, in the wealthiest, softest, easiest nation in history.

Grow the fuck up already and try to leave your kids a better world.

The older I get, and the more I listen to so-called conservativesa, the more convinced I become that it's all based on not giving a fuck about anything.

FTW
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Mother Earth, because she will fight back, and then where f*cked

Bitch bit off more than she could chew, huh?

We'll kick her ass. Hurricanes and floods are no match for thermo-nuclear weapons!

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So does Darwin only apply to humans? I thought the animals that could adapt survive and the ones that can't go extinct?

but we change the environment much faster than would occur naturally, and adaptable or not if they have no habitat to breed/live in they are fucked. Just remember most of us would not last long with shelter either. that is our environment

and for all the haters out there that think conservation is stupid. well you might want to thank Mr. Teddy Roosevelt for the parks that you hike and hunt on. If not for his actions we would have but a small fraction of the national parks we have today

I am a Roosevelt Conservationist, not an environmentalist. The difference is that people like me want land for the sake of enjoyment, the enrichment of your life, and as habitat for wild life.

Environmentalists just want land for the sake of the wild life and let no person go on it, ever

+1

I sometimes think some wires got crossed somewhere when people call themselves conservative and desire to waste & consume whatever they want until its gone, yet call others liberal for wanting to conserve it. Know what I mean?

I'm no hippie, or liberal. But I agree with conserving what we have (environment and all therein) and acting responsibly to manage what we do have. Yet so many conservatives have the viewpoint of "Who cares, we should be able to do whatever we want, suck it dry, burn it down. I'll be long gone before it affects ME!" Its quite sad, really. And that sentiment is strong here.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Some species are very useful to us.  We'd be completely retarded to let those species go extinct.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The only reason for the moniker "endangered species" is the political hay able to be made by "saving them."  It's all about Communist control and incremental seepage into the country.  Loss of property rights, development, utilization of <vital> natural resources, swallowing huge amounts of public money, etc.  It's just a huge scam used by the Left to gain power and control.  A certain number of species have gone extinct every single year since time immemorial--even before white people became "evil."  

while you are correct ,this has become a scam ,do you really think certain animals should be hunted into extinction?how could this be justified?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Some of those "less than worthless" animals that were mentioned(white and tiger sharks, snapping turtles) are quite useful. Not only are they aggressive predators, but also scavengers. Winterkill fish? A lot more would be rotting in the sun if it weren't for ugly things like catfish and snapping turtles. Ask an old farmer what they think of snapping turtles. Many, if not most, will tell you how good they taste. Unfortunately, cleaning and cooking them is a dying art. I have personally eaten mako and hammerhead shark, and large examples of both frequently bite people. A lot of the animals we regard as useless provide food for our "sport" species. Lots of gamefishermen leave their carp on the shore(common but actually illegal in Iowa, falls under wanton waste-no usable part of a killed animal can be left behind), but carp, especially small ones, are eaten by muskies, as well as predatory land animals.

I do believe the government goes too far, however. As much as I'd like to see california condors recover like bald eagles and peregrine falcons, with their low numbers they're likely a lost cause. The remaining ones that don't die as a direct result of humans will probably(but hopefully not) reach a point where they're too inbred to have healthy young. We as a species have the ability to know that this or that animal is in danger of going extinct. We also have a sense of morality. Due to those two facts, we should at least make an honest attempt at preventing extinction where possible.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
so many conservatives have the viewpoint of "Who cares, we should be able to do whatever we want, suck it dry, burn it down. I'll be long gone before it affects ME!" Its quite sad, really. And that sentiment is strong here.

No, we just want the market to be free.  You know, liberty and all that.  Moreover, why would a company not manage its resources for longevity?  For example, lumber companies plant trees so they'll have a product to sell later on.

If you believe that corporations will simply lay waste to the earth, then you need to spend some time examining your premises.  You might discover that you've bought in to the irrational arguments of the left.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
[" . . . happened in places that it shouldn't have."  

Says who?  

Look at hurricane damage every year. Plenty of houses built on beachfronts that should have been left pristine. The post WW2 development that ate up so much farmland to throw up cheap tract housing will have some long term consequences that I don't think we are realizing yet. We are continuing to lose many acres of farmland to development every day that we still don't know what the long term environmental consequences will be.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Not even worth debating anything with people with such hard set ideals, you do your thing & I'll do mine.

You can go about in your mindset and I'll continue to support conservation 100% because it matters, whether you want to admit it or not.

Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If a species was on its way out there is no need to save it. The level of absolute arrogance and stupidity required to believe some of the tripe, even in this thread is staggering.

Some of the drivel posted here assumes that:

1) We are somehow in charge of the Earth.

2) That we are somehow not a natural part of the Earth.

3) That every species is special.

And this crap  :

Quoted:

Please kill yourself for the sake of the Earth now please.

Quoted:

I hate to break this to you, but there are plenty of wolves and polar bears. I do not know what kind of horseshit you have been fed, but to the thought that you are worried about that stuff is hilarious. It is almost like me saying "Gee, I hope my kids get to see a COW." I cannot explain to you the utter vastness that surrounds me here and the millions upon millions of acres of land that are untouched, and probably never will be touched. Hell, I don't even goto them and I live here.

Quoted:

Really? I am so sorry, I was just voicing my opinion and I did not mean to hurt your feelings. In the future I will be sure to take into consideration your delicate condition and try and voice my typing in a more appropriate manner.

Nah, Fuck it...

Frankly, you are the one talking down to people. You do not respect my opinion or you would have not gone out of your way to try and lessen my opinion by not rebutting it, but by disparaging the methods in which they were parleyed. "Shoot the messenger" is a fairly common tactic used by those who refuse to listen to the message.

So you consider yourself a better person because you "respect my opinion"? I have the right not to respect opinions that I do not agree with and the idea that I have to is utter bullshit. I don't agree with fascism, do I have to respect it? How about Pedophilia? "I don't agree with fucking little boys in the ass, but I respect your opinion that it is right to do so."......Yea, that flies well..

Greentardation is a curse upon us all and will result in the wholesale slaughter and deaths of millions. Some even state that as a goal. From Greenpeace convincing African nations to refuse certain foods, to our not being able to drill and produce the fuel we need to feed us and our economy. This also goes for the assholes that have send California into a drought because of a stupid fish. These animals are not worth the lives of humans. Any asshole who thinks they are is seriously mentally ill. I DO NOT NEED TO RESPECT YOUR OPINION WHEN THE RESULTS WILL LEAD TO GENOCIDE.

Quoted:

Who is the fucktard? The one who has clearly won the argument, or the one who called names, took their toys and went home?

You and uhwarrie have no clue, no argument, and no sense of reality. Instead of even attempting to debate me you either call into question my methods or call me names and go home. This just shows that you have no argument. None, nada, zip, zero, nothing. You guys live in this dream where the world has been a constant state for billions of years and that every change is bad, that nothing ever changes, and if it does it is somehow our fault and evil. Of course this does not seems to stop you from driving and buying a house, eating food and reproducing.

Call me names if that makes you feel better. It appears that it is the best you can muster.

My thoughts have already been stated by everyone you disagree with.

Read your posts again. You were the one talking shit and calling names. Everyone else was being respectful but I couldn’t take it anymore. You and your stupid avatar give me a headache. Conversing with you is a depressing waste of time.

Conserve resources= animal and plant life, energy, water, food, oil, etc.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Not even worth debating anything with people with such hard set ideals, you do your thing & I'll do mine.

The problem is, the government won't leave people alone to "do [their] thing".
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#42]
It messes up the food chain pretty badly.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Does that mean you live in an "acceptable" place?  

Personally I'd like to own a mountain with a house on top and tell the world to stuff it. My actual house is in no danger of being seized unless they intend to build a superhighway. Actually, it too was one of those roads thats seen the majority of its development post WW2. Most of it done not very well, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
so many conservatives have the viewpoint of "Who cares, we should be able to do whatever we want, suck it dry, burn it down. I'll be long gone before it affects ME!" Its quite sad, really. And that sentiment is strong here.

No, we just want the market to be free.  You know, liberty and all that.  Moreover, why would a company not manage its resources for longevity?  For example, lumber companies plant trees so they'll have a product to sell later on.

If you believe that corporations will simply lay waste to the earth, then you need to spend some time examining your premises.  You might discover that you've bought in to the irrational arguments of the left.

I'm not really speaking from a specific topic of conservation as it relates to a free market. This is just the attitude towards the environment in general, that I usually (not all) get from people who call themselves "conservatives." Whether or not they are aware of efforts to manage resources which are taken in an effort to keep them renewable, its still their belief that we should take whatever we want until we cant take any more.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

no, you misunderstand, i simply have no desire to "debate" with you. you take everything personally and if someone has an opinion different than yours they are a liberal...whatever. and note i never called you names. if it makes you feel better to have "won" this argument then by all means do. but frankly, i will sleep just fine tonight.

regards

uhwarrie

Find one place in this thread where I used the word "liberal" (besides this one).   You were worried about there not being any wild places left, and I, living in one, pointed out that you were misguided in this thought.  You complained about my tone.  The whole world is not as concerned about feeling as you are, and i did take it personally when you tried to invalidate my argument by stating that the message had a coarse tone.  

Take a trip up here and set your mind at ease and quit worrying about it.  I'll buy the beverages.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

regards

uhwarrie

Find one place in this thread where I used the word "liberal" (besides this one).   You were worried about there not being any wild places left, and I, living in one, pointed out that you were misguided in this thought.  You complained about my tone.  The whole world is not as concerned about feeling as you are, and i did take it personally when you tried to invalidate my argument by stating that the message had a coarse tone.  

Take a trip up here and set your mind at ease and quit worrying about it.  I'll buy the beverages.  

fair enough, if you come down here and see how much has disappeared in the last twenty years

and down here i will buy the beverages
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:45:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a cop-out. Us destroying a species by slaughtering them en masse or destroying their habitat is a willful act. Its not the same as the example someone used of an unavoidable act like a volcano blowing its top. As one of the last posters said, it seems like being a conservative to some of you is simply an excuse to do nothing

Im glad someone understands what im saying.

Im really curious about peoples backgrounds in this particlar subject. I think that effects alot about what they know.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
[No, we just want the market to be free.  You know, liberty and all that.  Moreover, why would a company not manage its resources for longevity?  For example, lumber companies plant trees so they'll have a product to sell later on.

A company generally  only worries about the bottom line on the quarterly earnings report. They have no long term goals. Lumber companies are an exception because the product they sell takes so long to mature before it can be harvested.
The 'arguments of the left" are based on how companies have historically acted and are far from irrational.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

WE didn't decide it. Certain people decided it because they knew they could use the issue to dupe a majority of dumbed down voters into wasting money on it... and in the process those same assholes line their own pockets.

It's all about money and suckers who don't understand the fact that politics is a dirty business.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top