Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DeathHates and IronHandJohn were banned for the same thing, and weren't let back in with a new screenname.
View Quote

I thought IHJ left on his own and requested a ban.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just always thought of him as that embarrassing guy with the weird goatee.

I can just tell he's got a collection full of Taurus and XDs, but he's been really amped about his new Canik lately.
View Quote
The guy who had the thread asking to define XD owners should see this thread. Because you nailed it.

Honestly the content is there. "Andrew" may be fully capable of doing a great job. But he is not doing a great job, he's doing a horrible job. The videos are not funny at all. It's a Dollar Store version of KentuckyBallistics or GarandThumb humor. It's not funny at all, it's just annoying. He is not a funny person and therefore should not attempt humor. Not without some training anyway. It's ok buddy. I'm in the same boat as you, except I don't make dumbass cringey jokes. Sometimes you just have to have those guys who are just straight forward. That's ok too. Accept it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Appreciate the comments and insights. The thing is, there is a segment who likes Andrew and how he presents things. He also works hard to organize the content and stay on top of things. So even as a service and presenter, he is a good mix for a lot of folks. I definitely understand connecting with the personality and some people just do not. I think the YouTube channel is an add-on to the site and the content here that folks already like to read. Creating another angle on firearm news and breaking stories will come via a live stream involving multiple folks. Maybe that might be more to many folk's liking. The key there is more engagement from the community in real time to discuss current events and even site chaos. I plan to be more involved in the community streams and be on the podcast as much as you all want to see me.

My point I am trying to make is that we are building a variety of content with different folks. Hopefully something will appeal to you from these efforts. You don't have to like everyone, but find the one(s) that are providing value and entertainment for you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My two cents without being too much of an ass to the host.

Its great to have someone that works hard. I hired my nephew to cut my yard one summer. We love him to death and he worked his ass off without complaint and would help with anything else needing to be done. But, bless his heart, for being such a Hard Worker he sucked at yardwork.

Appreciate the comments and insights. The thing is, there is a segment who likes Andrew and how he presents things. He also works hard to organize the content and stay on top of things. So even as a service and presenter, he is a good mix for a lot of folks. I definitely understand connecting with the personality and some people just do not. I think the YouTube channel is an add-on to the site and the content here that folks already like to read. Creating another angle on firearm news and breaking stories will come via a live stream involving multiple folks. Maybe that might be more to many folk's liking. The key there is more engagement from the community in real time to discuss current events and even site chaos. I plan to be more involved in the community streams and be on the podcast as much as you all want to see me.

My point I am trying to make is that we are building a variety of content with different folks. Hopefully something will appeal to you from these efforts. You don't have to like everyone, but find the one(s) that are providing value and entertainment for you.

* raises hand *

Yeah, I like Andrew and the way he presents things. Other YT 2A/gun channels can put me to sleep but ARFCOM's content I enjoy. IMHO, he's different; sort of a throw-back. I spend a lot of time in GD and the content reminds me of GD so it fits for me. If it was more like tech, I wouldn't watch as much since there are plenty of other tech oriented channels. I agree that his SS interviews typically sucked though.

And, probably most important, he loves you. He's like a GD Barney with NODs.

Seriously, I would miss the content if it drastically changed or Andrew wasn't doing it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those ARFcom videos are exactly like GD… and it’s glorious…

GD-cringelord >> Fudds

The videos are like GD /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Indeed. Gloriously so.

Peoples' reaction to the channel seems to be pretty much this:
Attachment Attached File

I wouldn't change a thing except have someone else do the SHOT show interviews. (TFB would be my choice for those interviews.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I personally watch very few of the videos. I wouldn’t say I hate him or he sucks but he doesn’t appeal to me or my sense of humor.
BUT there are videos with over 100K views and many are 10-40K views. This may be an arfcom witch hunt party with a bunch of people who think they are free thinkers but conform to anything.

Arfcom channel may never get millions of views like some other content creators but that isn’t their job. They just need to get SOME out there. (Maybe someday)

I love all the ‘their business, their rules’ then bitch about what they do in an 8 page thread. If you don’t like? Walk away and don’t come back (I mean, you do that for Walmart, Amazon, Visa… right?)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m more shocked that people watch the videos, they fucking suck.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
While were all talking about it, I know its been said numerous times but the numbers, the numbers tell the whole story.

I subbed to the channel but like pretty much everyone else, I can't stand the way he presents the show. Its campy, its cringe and most importantly hes not a comedian and needs to give up his attempts at humor. I actually used to watch his gel tests and shit when his channel was I think called "chopin block" or whatever, he was pretty decent. He shot straight and made some great comparisons, explained the differences in the guns and ammo, the results of the tests and kept the humor to a minimum.

I don't really feel one way or the other about him personally. I'm not gonna call him fat and sloppy but I will echo the criticisms of being unprofessional during interviews. Its one of the reasons I can't watch his stuff.

There's plenty of funny 2A content. Garand Thumb, Demo Ranch etc. There's also some straight shooters who keep you informed on the issues, and others who do a great job of reviewing guns. But the main thing is, ALL of them pretty much stay in their lane. Andrew is all over the place, and hes clearly not resonating with the larger community.

Look at the numbers. Here's ARF's channel compared to some that came to mind off the top of my head. Notice the subscriber numbers, and notice the views per video. The channel has 147k subscribers, but can only average 8.72k watches (from whats shown in the pic) per episode. And thats showing that the membership subscribed when we found out there was a channel, but no one here seems to want to watch the channel.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I personally watch very few of the videos. I wouldn’t say I hate him or he sucks but he doesn’t appeal to me or my sense of humor.
BUT there are videos with over 100K views and many are 10-40K views. This may be an arfcom witch hunt party with a bunch of people who think they are free thinkers but conform to anything.

Arfcom channel may never get millions of views like some other content creators but that isn’t their job. They just need to get SOME out there. (Maybe someday)

I love all the ‘their business, their rules’ then bitch about what they do in an 8 page thread. If you don’t like? Walk away and don’t come back (I mean, you do that for Walmart, Amazon, Visa… right?)
View Quote

We do walk away (from the videos and don't watch them). As has been stated by many in this thread. If Brownells insists on juvenile videos then I don't watch.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While were all talking about it, I know its been said numerous times but the numbers, the numbers tell the whole story.

I subbed to the channel but like pretty much everyone else, I can't stand the way he presents the show. Its campy, its cringe and most importantly hes not a comedian and needs to give up his attempts at humor. I actually used to watch his gel tests and shit when his channel was I think called "chopin block" or whatever, he was pretty decent. He shot straight and made some great comparisons, explained the differences in the guns and ammo, the results of the tests and kept the humor to a minimum.

I don't really feel one way or the other about him personally. I'm not gonna call him fat and sloppy but I will echo the criticisms of being unprofessional during interviews. Its one of the reasons I can't watch his stuff.

There's plenty of funny 2A content. Garand Thumb, Demo Ranch etc. There's also some straight shooters who keep you informed on the issues, and others who do a great job of reviewing guns. But the main thing is, ALL of them pretty much stay in their lane. Andrew is all over the place, and hes clearly not resonating with the larger community.

Look at the numbers. Here's ARF's channel compared to some that came to mind off the top of my head. Notice the subscriber numbers, and notice the views per video. The channel has 147k subscribers, but can only average 8.72k watches (from whats shown in the pic) per episode. And thats showing that the membership subscribed when we found out there was a channel, but no one here seems to want to watch the channel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/445346/ARF_png-2536052.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/445346/Demo_ranch_png-2536053.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/445346/Brandon_png-2536054.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/445346/Thumb_png-2536055.JPG
View Quote

You’re really comparing him to some of the greatest channels on youtube?? I hate demo ranch, dude seems fake or something and I don’t watch him either but I don’t create a thread about getting rid of him.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:34:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We do walk away (from the videos and don't watch them). As has been stated by many in this thread. If Brownells insists on juvenile videos then I don't watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t remember the last one I watched but yeah, I don’t watch them either. I’m also not going to scream about how a company should listen to me.

Some are complaining about less than 3 million views but want the 30 or so people to change a companies persona. Lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GB, it's your place to run, but Jesus, you can't be that hard headed to not hear this same exact feedback on this subject, time, after time, after time again?

The guy doesn't take his job seriously one bit, and I'll be honest, I won't ever watch, recommend, or even pretend to like a single one of his videos as long as he is your spokesperson for your videos. It puts a fat, larping, annoying, and "just get away from me" face to our entire community.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Mean words make me angry - Ralph Wiggum
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don’t remember the last one I watched but yeah, I don’t watch them either. I’m also not going to scream about how a company should listen to me.

Some are complaining about less than 3 million views but want the 30 or so people to change a companies persona. Lol
View Quote

His point is that only a small percentage of the people who go are subscribed to the channel actually watch it. That means more than the “30 or so people” in this thread.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#15]
He may be a bad rep for arfcom, but he's always seemed like a perfect rep for GD. Fat, weird, and fucking annoying.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The face of the largest gun forum in the world should look respectable and be intelligent.

Quoted:
Yeah that guy is fat and gross and has an unkempt appearance.

Quoted:
Those vids are 100% pure distilled essence of cringe

Those ARFcom videos are exactly like GD… and it’s glorious…

GD-cringelord >> Fudds

This. I got the impression that GD likened itself to a bunch of smelly looking, overweight, neck beards but you’re mad because the “YouTube” face of arfcom is exactly that. I love this place, it cracks me up

I always thought that was self effacing humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTRKCXC0JFg

lol

You are right, it is more self expanding.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@LawyerUp

Are you on rumble? Seems like it's only going to get bigger from here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say there's a lot of competition with firearms related channels. They probably are bad about censoring and demonetizing gun related videos as well. If they demonetize your video, it generally will not have sufficient virility. Because they don't make money off it. That is frustrating. In that regard, Facebook is actually much better about this. I've won 100% of my review appeals there, and maybe 40% on YT.

As YT gets worse with guns, I would definitely look at alternative platforms.

@LawyerUp

Are you on rumble? Seems like it's only going to get bigger from here.

I set my YT channel to start automatically publishing to rumble as well, since they now have that ability. But beyond that I haven't really messed with it.

I know a lot of the YT lawyers are using locals. I've been meaning to look at that as well. I also have an automatic bitchute feed, which I set up when they start censoring covid stuff a while back. I liked that better than rumble because it was more like YT.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#18]
What we have here is someone who's working hard that took the reins and is getting the work done without babysitting meaning the bosses will be comfortable having one less thing to worry about. Unfortunately, that work appears to be for an audience not associated with this site. There needs to be a balance of professionalism, fun, and snark, especially when it comes to guns, something Andrew has never seemed to possess in the video's I've watched. Consequently, it's been years since I've even cared to watch.

Moving on from someone isn't always about work ethic, sometimes they just don't fit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You’re really comparing him to some of the greatest channels on youtube?? I hate demo ranch, dude seems fake or something and I don’t watch him either but I don’t create a thread about getting rid of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aspire to greatness.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Indeed. Gloriously so.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

I wouldn't change a thing except have someone else do the SHOT show interviews. (TFB would be my choice for those interviews.)
View Quote

The thing you don’t understand is ARFCOM should not be viewed as GD by on advertising medium. YT ARFCOM isn’t for long time users it is a funnel to the site.

GD is the entertainment here but not why new users come here. It is why they stay.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He may be a bad rep for arfcom, but he's always seemed like a perfect rep for GD. Fat, weird, and fucking annoying.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You're really comparing him to some of the greatest channels on youtube?? I hate demo ranch, dude seems fake or something and I don't watch him either but I don't create a thread about getting rid of him.
View Quote
Then compare the data in the image against their own channel. Look at the views.

18k - thumbnail does not include his face
18k - thumbnail does not include his face
11k - him holding a gun, no smile
10k - character from Harry Potter
10k - his face, embarrassing photoshop
8.7k - his smiling face
6.3k - his smiling face
5.7k - his smiling face
4.5k - his smiling face
4.5k - his smiling face
4.2k - his face, embarrassing photoshop
3.8k - his smiling face

Interesting as well, the newest video is tied for most views and neither include him at all, while the oldest video has the least views, and his face.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

the swarm of retards that have infested the place since about 2010.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You think he would have anything to do with Arfcom?

The reason Blue Falcon called the site racist is because it is racist. Not politically incorrect, it’s straight up racist.

I’m sure black folks are totally welcome here. Maybe ask Carnak? Check with the Dindus? Ask the Amish?

I’m politically incorrect. I don’t care about humor of any kind. But it’s a fact, a lot of you dumb fuckers are racist as fuck.

I think there is exactly ONE long-term openly-black prominent member. one.

The thing that’s embarrassing about Arfcom isn’t the Youtube presence it’s the swarm of retards that have infested the place since about 2010.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I could shit a better video than he makes. The only difference is that i have the common courtesy to flush it, and not upload it to YouTube
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:47:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

* raises hand *

Yeah, I like Andrew and the way he presents things. Other YT 2A/gun channels can put me to sleep but ARFCOM's content I enjoy. IMHO, he's different; sort of a throw-back. I spend a lot of time in GD and the content reminds me of GD so it fits for me. If it was more like tech, I wouldn't watch as much since there are plenty of other tech oriented channels. I agree that his SS interviews typically sucked though.

And, probably most important, he loves you. He's like a GD Barney with NODs.

Seriously, I would miss the content if it drastically changed or Andrew wasn't doing it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:55:38 AM EDT
[#29]
His videos are garbage, and we should all be ashamed that be represents this site.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You think he would have anything to do with Arfcom?

The reason Blue Falcon called the site racist is because it is racist. Not politically incorrect, it’s straight up racist.

I’m sure black folks are totally welcome here. Maybe ask Carnak? Check with the Dindus? Ask the Amish?

I’m politically incorrect. I don’t care about humor of any kind. But it’s a fact, a lot of you dumb fuckers are racist as fuck.

I think there is exactly ONE long-term openly-black prominent member. one.

The thing that’s embarrassing about Arfcom isn’t the Youtube presence it’s the swarm of retards that have infested the place since about 2010.
View Quote

I think it more there are a handful of actual racist people here coupled with a whole bunch of people who aren't intelligent enough see the different between racist and non PC behavior. Then you have the old people who aren't racist but just ignorant of today's rules of "acceptable behavior"

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Andrew does a great job and we are thrilled to have him on board. Why? Because he handles the role above and beyond and works his tail off for the community. He's primarily our news guy and as such his role is to educate himself and others about what's going on in the 2A world. We also understand that the YouTube crowd is different than the web crowd and that differs from the FB/Twitter crowd, etc.

We have other personalities we work with for different content and you will see different channels opening up that are powered by ARFCOM. (Podcast for example!) So if you think you can do a great job on the content side, let us know! We are always looking for content creation that has value to the community.
View Quote

He is the forums representative on YouTube.

No one here likes him

And some mod/staff member ever said in a previous thread almost no engagement comes from Arf.

Somewhere, something isn't adding up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The thing you don’t understand is ARFCOM should not be viewed as GD by on advertising medium. YT ARFCOM isn’t for long time users it is a funnel to the site.

GD is the entertainment here but not why new users come here. It is why they stay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. Gloriously so.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

Meh. I've been here a while and I explained why I like it; that's all. I understand perfectly well. You have a different take on what it should be and why... and that's cool too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No one here likes him

And some mod/staff member ever said in a previous thread almost no engagement comes from Arf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Andrew does a great job and we are thrilled to have him on board. Why? Because he handles the role above and beyond and works his tail off for the community. He's primarily our news guy and as such his role is to educate himself and others about what's going on in the 2A world. We also understand that the YouTube crowd is different than the web crowd and that differs from the FB/Twitter crowd, etc.

We have other personalities we work with for different content and you will see different channels opening up that are powered by ARFCOM. (Podcast for example!) So if you think you can do a great job on the content side, let us know! We are always looking for content creation that has value to the community.

No one here likes him

Some of us here do like him and the content.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Add me to the list of members who are subscribed to the channel but have never been able to watch a single video posted there in its entirety.

His persona is like a caricature of how "bArfcom" (as I've seen the site referred to as on other forums) posters are perceived on other forums. IMO, the channel is pretty much completely unwatchable.

As other posters have noted, GarandThumb, John Lovell, Colion Noir all produce highly entertaining, professional quality, firearms content.  I'd love to see the Arfcom channel evolve into something of similar quality.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some as in like 3 or 4 ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Folks be getting mad coz someone is holding up a mirror...
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you are competing with the other channels, you'd better have the game to do so.

This isn't hard to figure out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re really comparing him to some of the greatest channels on youtube??

If you are competing with the other channels, you'd better have the game to do so.

This isn't hard to figure out.

I’d also like to know how much paid boost these videos get and if Arfcom pays to boost ours at all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
One of my biggest pet peeves is retarded fucking thumbnails on youtube. And the ARFCOM page seems to be winning in that regard. Compared to say GarandThumb where his thumbnail is usually him with/doing whatever the topic is about. It's clean and straightfoward.

Those cobbled together meme-like thumbnails are just fucking shitty ass cringe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

A tiny minority. How anyone could be ok with him after that shot show train wreck is beyond me
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Arfcom has a youtube channel?  Who knew?

I picked one that looked interesting and watched.  Was informative and well organized.  I will watch some more.  Certainly didn't seem reflective of the bitching and moaning in GD, but it's GD.  I trust the sentiments here about as much as one star Amazon reviews.
View Quote
Good for you. I unsubscribed and hid the channel from my recommends.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one here likes him

The number of views speak for themselves.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No one here likes him

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one here likes him

Reminds me of this!

Airplane! - Lies From the Doctor
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Just watched a few snippets from a couple vids.....Holy fuck, that schlup is annoying....like Bollywood-Hipster-Phred-Cringe-level obnoxious/annoying .
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Lmao at the mod edits to the original post
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Ignoring his comments about the forum, I'm sure he could do fine as an occasional guest, but he really needs someone who is #1, funny. #2, able to be serious when needed, #3, doesn't look like a slob.

I've spent some time in video production, as well as doing social media work for some companies, and this, this... It's amateurish at best.

He isn't driving people to the forum (as evidenced by the lack of a bunch of new members citing him as reasons why they joined)

He isn't accepted by the membership at large (as evidenced by however many threads we've had)

His content isn't particularly enthralling. Shot show coverage was terrible. No kidding we deserve an apology for that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Honestly, it’s just the professionalism during interviews with manufacturers that turned me off.

I think the straw that finally broke me was the IWI video during the PSA thing a year or two ago.  The IWI team was all set to be on their game, professional, serious and the ARF team came across as pretty childish.  The video is still up, you can pretty much see “this is the last time we’ll talk with them” written all over the IWI guys.

I don’t mind silly YouTube garbage, I watch plenty of it, but it’s a huge case of “there’s a time and place for everything - and this is neither the time nor the place.”  Based on the Shot 2022 feedback it hasn’t been fixed yet either.
View Quote

What is kind of interesting is that if you check out the YT comments for that video, they are all positive for Andrew/ARF news team and were being overly critical of the guy from IWI.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What is kind of interesting is that if you check out the YT comments for that video, they are all positive for Andrew/ARF news team and were being overly critical of the guy from IWI.
View Quote

To be fair on the comments, if I dont like a video I dont watch it in its entirety and I certainly dont leave a comment.

Im subscribed to the channel but wont watch his videos.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you link to it? I dont see it in the shot show playlist
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Other people have explained it, but I'll clear up my intent as well.

The point of the comparisons are two fold. First being that the number of subscribers compared to views per episode. If you look at what I posted you see the guys with high numbers of subscribers, also getting a high number of views or engagement. Thats how they continue to grow, and how a channel knows its doing the right things that keep a viewer coming back.

The second thing I was pointing out is the number of viewers that those channels have. We are the LARGEST gun forum and have a dismal showing on Youtube. Not because the members don't watch gun creator content, but because the content is bad. There is a LARGE number of potential viewers, all producing content that is drawing an audience. And that leads you to question why you would back a horse that clearly can't race with the rest of the pack.

People forget that this website is a business. It was probably created for altruistic reasons, and I like to think thats still what its about. But it is a business now. It was sold to a large company like Brownells because it has a dollar value. That value is driven by engagement and membership. The more people who sign up the better for ad revenue, traffic, sales via that traffic, endorsements, paying members, and paying seller accounts who sell products to those members. I like Brownells but they bought this because it generates income and I'm sure some of it was because they want to support the 2a.

And for a business to continue to grow, expanding in the digital age is vital. Thats why they have a social media presence. The more people who maybe surf Youtube, Facebook, Insta, and Twitter and who discover this place because of it, the more members and the more traffic, the more sales etc.

And right now the membership is clearly not engaged with the content he's creating. And if you can't get your current customer (us) to be invested in the videos that are supposed to be drawing new members, then you have a problem.

At least thats how I see it.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top