BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
yet never say a thing worth listening to?

I dunno; what makes you think none of its worth listening to?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I grab the ass and say "Not fat enough for me, baby."

Does this response go well for you?

Its funny, i have to try it out

It is well received.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not really sure there's a good answer to your question, but if my mother-in-law was on this board, I'm sure she could give some good insight, since she's really good at talking FOREVER and saying nothing rational.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a little game that I play when my fiancé is talking. I try to figure out how many words it would have taken me to say the same thing that she said. I can usually convey the same ideas using about 10% of the number of words that she uses.

I have actually perfected a technique of saying "uh huh" and "yep" about every 15 seconds, and I don't even have to listen to what she's saying. She hasn't caught onto it after about 2 years of me doing this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Nature provides an answer. As men get older they lose hearing in the higher tonal ranges.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
right.  My boyfriend can't go for more than 20 minutes without one or the other of his buddies calling him on his cell phone.  It's 10AM on a Saturday, and they're calling.  And they don't stop.  It's like they can't take a dump without calling to check in with him.

I get crap if I call him more than once a day to check in and see what's what.

He gets no less than 20 calls a day from his "buddies".  I told him once that he'd probably kick my ass to the curb if I called him as much as his friends.

But I guess it's different when it's guys, right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
right.  My boyfriend can't go for more than 20 minutes without one or the other of his buddies calling him on his cell phone.  It's 10AM on a Saturday, and they're calling.  And they don't stop.  It's like they can't take a dump without calling to check in with him.

He's gay.

I get crap if I call him more than once a day to check in and see what's what. He gets no less than 20 calls a day from his "buddies".  I told him once that he'd probably kick my ass to the curb if I called him as much as his friends.

You are overbearing and meddling. He has friends. You don't need friends because you have him.

Correct. Women aren't like regular people. A whole different set of rules apply.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He gets no less than 20 calls a day from his "buddies".

Cue the theme music for 'brokeback mountain'...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's gay.  Nope..not gay

I get crap if I call him more than once a day to check in and see what's what. He gets no less than 20 calls a day from his "buddies".  I told him once that he'd probably kick my ass to the curb if I called him as much as his friends.

You are overbearing and meddling. He has friends. You don't need friends because you have him.  

Thanks for the insight, but I'm not overbearing and meddling.  I don't call him 20 times a day, DO I?  I have friends, I just don't feel the need to suck at their teat all day and night.

Correct. Women aren't like regular people. A whole different set of rules apply.

Exactly.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Women aren't "regular people"? Since when?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]
When you actually listen and formulate a reply or response, you are actually cut off within about three words with her telling you what she thought you were going to say.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What I hate is when they are in the middle of some rambling line, she asks me question.

Huh? What was that honey?

You never listen. You never shut up.

Become a better listener, and you'll get more / better sex.

This is an urban myth - all you will get are bleeding ears.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks for the insight, but I'm not overbearing and meddling.  I don't call him 20 times a day, DO I?  I have friends, I just don't feel the need to suck at their teat all day and night.

I think we could be missing a major opportunity here.

Exactly.  

I don't get why women are always so confused and upset about this. We are pigs. The major difference between men and dogs is that dogs are loyal. How much more complicated can you make it?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, No.  It's true.  A whole different set of rules apply for women.  I see it time and time again.

If a woman were to stay out until 2AM without calling, then she'd be a whore.

For a man, he's just letting off steam with his buddies, and he's earned it.  Cut him some slack!

If a woman spends 100.00 on a pair of shoes, it's a waste and extravagant.

But a man to spend 100.00 on ANOTHER knife/holster/whatever, it's money well spent, he's earned it, he's free to spend his money however he wants.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, No.  It's true.  A whole different set of rules apply for women.  I see it time and time again.

For a man, he's just letting off steam with his buddies, and he's earned it.  Cut him some slack!

But a man to spend 100.00 on ANOTHER knife/holster/whatever, it's money well spent, he's earned it, he's free to spend his money however he wants.

Yeah? So what's your complaint?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thats why so many of these guys get divorced so often. No woman can put up with that double standard for long.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats why so many of these guys get divorced so often. No woman can put up with that double standard for long.

Yeah, go ahead, suck up to her. Make it look like you ain't just one of the herd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Without fail my woman, immidiatly after waking up will start off.  "Oh I had this bad dream you were in it and so were some other people and oh my god my friend Erin was in it and don't you think that is weird because I haven't talked to her in years but there was this fire and we were on vacation and blahh blahh blahh"
I usually groan and say talk to me after my 2nd cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:23:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Without fail my woman, immidiatly after waking up will start off.  "Oh I had this bad dream you were in it and so were some other people and oh my god my friend Erin was in it and don't you think that is weird because I haven't talked to her in years but there was this fire and we were on vacation and blahh blahh blahh"

or you could just initiate sex.  It's tough to talk with a dick in your mouth.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you know how to solve all the problems with your man, then why are you complaining so much?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you know how to solve all the problems with your man, then why are you complaining so much?

Believe me, if sex were the answer to all my problems, I'd never leave the bed.

I'm not the one that has an issue with being chatty, remember?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My wife just sounds like the teacher on charlie brown....

Well at least you have a wife that will talk to you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#23]
If they stop talking they fart... Seriously. My ex never shut up, ever, more than any woman I have ever dated... When she was asleep, she would fart, loud fuckers too... God's honest truth. I woke her up once because I was laughing so hard.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yeah, go ahead, suck up to her. Make it look like you ain't just one of the herd.

Not sucking up. I forwarded a link to this thread  to my wife at work; she thinks some of you are hillarious.And very sad creatures at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Simple,

We all know that men get stupid when they see a nice pair of breasts. Building upon that we can see that the presence of breasts causes stupidity (much like kryptonite removes superman's powers, breasts removes the brains ability toi function properly.)
Now, this is bad enough on us guys, imagine the dumbing power of having them right under your head 24/7.

Before getting flamed -- this is meant as a joke.

ktm500
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah...you think along the same lines as a guy, where is this double standard thing????

Or are you just the EXCEPTION???

I am practically perfect in every way, can't you see that?

I guess my only fault is that I'm a sex hound.

maybe that could be overlooked, though, instead of seen as a fault?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Its a worldwide epedemic I hadda Brazilian girlfriend if we were not sleeping or f$%king she was on the cellphone I mean she was on that godamned cellphone and I mean just talking shit eg. She calls her sister to ask her where she is, she gets a call asking her where she is she answers " I am getting off the bus now" Or "you won't believe the price on those shoes" I mean if anybody was a candidate for brain cancer it was her. She was charging up the battery while she was taling, holy s%6t!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:37:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

He gets no less than 20 calls a day from his "buddies".  I told him once that he'd probably kick my ass to the curb if I called him as much as his friends.

No. I don't own a cell phone. Granted I don't have a dozen clingy friends that want to constantly call me. That's weird that his friends call him so much. I would definately say that's not typical of men in general. My best friend calls me once or twice a day or sometimes every other day at work and maybe once at home, but that's it. I get pissed when I'm out and about with somebody and they feel the need to talk on the damn cell phone in the middle of a store or what have you, like my father or friend.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. I don't own a cell phone. Granted I don't have a dozen clingy friends that want to constantly call me. That's weird that his friends call him so much. I would definately say that's not typical of men in general. My best friend calls me once or twice a day or sometimes every other day at work and maybe once at home, but that's it. I get pissed when I'm out and about with somebody and they feel the need to talk on the damn cell phone in the middle of a store or what have you, like my father or friend.

I hear ya, Alien. It's downright rude is what it is.  Noone needs to vocalize their every movement like that.  It's just unnecessary.  I have only a cell phone, no home phone, so I have it just out of necessity.  But I rarely use it.
And when you're with someone else, if it's more than a quick "what time will you be home" kind of thing, it's rude.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
yet never say a thing worth listening to?

sort of like General Discussion on Ar15.com.

we're all women!!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:42:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
and Tetra said that and I was thinking this

We require pictures of the one you call Tetra.

G

PS - could be hot...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:43:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmmm, I'm the other way around.  He is the one constantly talking about anything and everything, and is constantly asking me what's bothering me since I'm quiet.  Doesn't necessarily mean anything's wrong.

Same here.  

I've done the set the phone down and check it 5 minutes later thing too... and they never even realized I was gone- just yapping away the whole time.  Once I discovered I could do this without getting caught I didn't mind phone calls as much anymore.  

Thankfully I have a BF now who isn't afraid of silence.  Ah, peace and quiet.

I work with a bunch of men and from what I've seen and heard, men talk MUCH more than women ever will, and about the most inane subjects.    They gossip, talk about farting (hot topic each day) and just go on and on and on.  Oh and these aren't teenagers either.  Average age must be 30 or 35 years old.

I just laugh my ass off whenever men start complaining about women talking.  

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does the old "set the phone down, accomplish something, and come back" trick......
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

That's just weird and disconcerting.

Is he a metrosexual?

Here's my cell phone's received call list for the last 10 calls:

01/12/06 09:12 - Person from mortgage company
01/10/06 20:46 - Work
01/10/06 18:15 - Home refinance scam artist
01/10/06 17:72 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' calling to bitch at me for something inane
01/10/06 14:40 - Person from VA
01/07/06 19:20 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' calling to bitch at me for something inane
01/06/06 18:07 - Home refinance scam artist
01/02/06 14:02 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' calling to bitch at me for something inane
12/31/05 16:15 - Dad
12/31/05 14:32 - Sister

Here's my cell phone's dialed call list for the last 10 calls:

01/11/06 10:08 - Voice mail
01/10/06 14:29 - VA
01/08/06 15:54 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her bitch at me for something inane
01/07/06 19:21 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her bitch at me for something inane
01/06/06 18:39 - Pizza Hut
01/06/06 18:39 - Mis-dialed number to Pizza Hut
01/06/06 18:36 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her bitch at me for something inane
01/06/06 09:27 - Work
01/04/06 11:17 - Calling the landline phone number that the idiotic local phone company was supposed to get me but screwed up
01/03/06 16:55 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her know that I made it back from Texas in one piece and twist the knife that I didn't die and she wasn't going to get my life insurance and let her bitch at me for something inane

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
When you actually listen and formulate a reply or response, you are actually cut off within about three words with her telling you what she thought you were going to say.

OMFG...........ROFL.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#36]
oh hell yea!!! i heard it said once that when 6 women get together it sounds like a henhouse all the clucking  etc, and that a women can say like 5000 words a day , whereas you get 6 guys together in a hunting camp and between them there ain't 500 words spoken in one day.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just weird and disconcerting.

Is he a metrosexual?  LOL.  No, he's not.  One of his friends that calls alot doesn't have many friends, so I think he's just lonely and clingy.  He'll have just left him an hour ago after having drinks or dinner, and the guy will call him again!  It's just nuts.

Here's my cell phone's received call list for the last 10 calls:

01/12/06 09:12 - Person from mortgage company
01/10/06 20:46 - Work
01/10/06 18:15 - Home refinance scam artist
01/10/06 17:72 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' calling to bitch at me for something inane
01/10/06 14:40 - Person from VA
01/07/06 19:20 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' calling to bitch at me for something inane
01/06/06 18:07 - Home refinance scam artist
01/02/06 14:02 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' calling to bitch at me for something inane
12/31/05 16:15 - Dad
12/31/05 14:32 - Sister

Here's my cell phone's dialed call list for the last 10 calls:

01/11/06 10:08 - Voice mail
01/10/06 14:29 - VA
01/08/06 15:54 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her bitch at me for something inane
01/07/06 19:21 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her bitch at me for something inane
01/06/06 18:39 - Pizza Hut
01/06/06 18:39 - Mis-dialed number to Pizza Hut
01/06/06 18:36 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her bitch at me for something inane
01/06/06 09:27 - Work
01/04/06 11:17 - Calling the landline phone number that the idiotic local phone company was supposed to get me but screwed up
01/03/06 16:55 - (Soon to be ex) 'wife' to let her know that I made it back from Texas in one piece and twist the knife that I didn't die and she wasn't going to get my life insurance and let her bitch at me for something inane

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It's a genetic gift. My wife asks me how I can ignore and ignore and ignore and ignore and ignore

I wonder… Are we married to the same woman?

Once, I answered her when she asked why I never listened to her.........  Once.

Because I have a man card, it was (and is) well worth it.
Because I'm not stupid, I'll think hard about answering stupid rhetorical questions.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jesus, I really don't know, but I DO know this: They NEED to do this. They really do. You must let them finish, and don't cut them off. Do NOT attempt to solve any perceived problem, just listen. Do not try to connect one thought to another. It's futile. When they are finished (it can take a while) they will feel better and closer to you.

Make no mistake - women have to do this. It's how their wired. Just let them. It's annoying as shit, but they need to do it. It might as well be you, and not some other guy who "is a good listener", know what I mean? hr

+1

My "favorites" go something like this.

<Her> I was talking to Pat today and she said her husband was buying them a hot tub with a TV set attached to it.  I said "That sounds nice."

<Me> OK. I'll find one and get somebody to help me put it in. Where do you weant it?

<Her> Oh, I don't think I want one, but it sure sounded nice. The way she described it, it's a hot tub, but with a television! Attached to it!

<Me> Well -

<Her> And her husband is buying it! It's one of those tubs that has hot water in it, and jets, and you sit in it. And it has a TV.

<Me> Mmm, well -

<Her> and her husband is buying it. I guess they'll sit in it and watch TV. With hot water.

<Me> Her>
<Me> Her>and watch television at the same time! I like hot tubs and I like TV. . .

40 minutes later

so, if you had a hot tub - I mean like the one Pat's husband is buying - you would have an extra TV. And a hot tub.

you thought about that WAY to hard!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Phone conversation with one of my friends:

Me: He man
Him: Whats up
Me: Lets get drunk
Him: Where
Me: The usual place
Him: Ok be there in 10

When we get there the conversation goes like this:

Me: That chick has a nice ass
Him: Yup

*crickets*
5 minutes go by
Him: Check out the rack on that chick
Me: I had sex with her room mate
Him: Thats cool

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I heard that physicaly it has to do with the fact that it takes much less air to operate their higher pitched vocal chords.

I also heard the average man has about 1500 words a day to say, & the average woman has around 5,000.

I guess their very verbally motivated, thus the statement by women towards men, you never talk to me, & were thinking "doesn't this woman ever shut up?"
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn she talks even more after I giver her some.

maybe you should repeat a few times that process once more.  If that doesnt do the trick, try until one of you pass out from the loving!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My wife and I routinely finish each others sentences, or answer someone else  simultaneously with the same words.Its a factor of being married for a while, having the same perspectives on issues, etc. You start thinking alike.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Supposedly women use a 1000 more words than a man per day on average. Considering a  man can get by with a grunt or two, or not even feel the need to speak before say 10:30 in the morning, it ends up being 10X the words not just 1000 more.

A friend was helping another friend for a few days, moving his house into storage before going to Iraq. On day three some women came by to help. Half way through he day the women asked if they were mad at each other. Why would you think that they asked? Because you guys haven't spoken to each other in four hours. They responded, "we've been together for three day, we've said everything we need to!"  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I got the silent treatment for a week because my wife had a dream that I was having an affair.  

Sometimes I wish I'd actually earned the silent treatment  

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I got the silent treatment for a week because my wife had a dream that I was having an affair.  

been there done that.  It was more of the "Why would you do something like that, though you wouldn't really do that, or would you am I getting fat, is it because I don't shoot guns or hunt, it has got to mean something that you cheated on me in my dreams or maybe it is because we watched Fatal Attraction last night before we went to bed and you remind me of Michael Douglas just with a beard, bigger teeth and a lot younger"
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
LOL.  No, he's not.  One of his friends that calls alot doesn't have many friends, so I think he's just lonely and clingy.  He'll have just left him an hour ago after having drinks or dinner, and the guy will call him again!  It's just nuts.

You're right, it IS just nuts.

I'm lonely and don't have many friends, but I don't spend every waking moment on my cellphone yakking at people.

I'm the quiet sexhound type too.

Considering 'dumb' could be used as a synonym for 'mute', I was always under the impression that many women preferred their men young, dumb, and full of.... well...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top