Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Bitchfest aside, what little firing experience I had in the past with AUGs left a bad taste in my mouth.   It functioned just fine and could likely be very reliable indeed, it felt fairly comfortable in my hands, and on top of all the nice things about the rifle the one thing I absolutely hated about the rifle was the fact that I was forced to use it's shitty optics with that god awful reticle.    If I was going to purchase an AUG the only one I would ever consider would be one of the few that was converted to use the special receiver allowing the use of various optics.

I still MUCH PREFER the design of the AR15, I can run an AR15 faster than I could ever run an AUG.   I know a ton of people who say the opposite is true for them but for me the AR15 is ideal, I'll also take it's cheaper price along with increased modularity even if it's ergonomics aren't perfect they are still quite good.

As for the M17, I wouldn't get it for many of the same reasons if not more reasons for why I wouldn't own an AUG.    Call me a hater of bullpups I guess.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If I was going to purchase an AUG the only one I would ever consider would be one of the few that was converted to use the special receiver allowing the use of various optics.
View Quote

Yeah, it's a love it or hate it type thing with the "donut of death" this AUG ships with.  I personally love it after taking the time learn how to use it.  I wouldn't want to shoot a highpower match with the thing, but for combat it's pretty darn fast and very accurate... for most, not all people.

I don't think bullpups should be adopted for use by conventional troops.  There are too many draw backs for the little gain you get in the compact size.  I'm with you, I think the M16 (specifically the M4) is about as good as it gets so far.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wish I could get an M4 at a decent price. That would be really bitchin dude. What are they running these days???

Hey raf, thanks for the range report. I'm gonna have to do that trigger conversion that you were talking about. Seems to have worked for you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just wish I could get an M4 at a decent price. That would be really bitchin dude. What are they running these days???
View Quote

Don't know that Colt sells real M4's even to dealers, they might all be ear marked for the government.  

I have an M16A2 with "auto" markings (like the M4) and not the "burst".  I put a Colt M4A3 upper on it and 4 position Colt stock... about as real as you can get.

M16A2: $8500 (new)
Upper: $800
Stock:$100

Close to $10k when all said and done.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
None of this matters as the INSAS assault rifle is better than the AR15, M17 and AUG combined. Anyone who thinks different is a necrophilliac homosexual.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well put. LMAO
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I also wish that the reviews on the Carbon 15 pistol were a little more positive. Seems almost everyone I've heard from has very little good to say about it.

I'd really like to have a dependable AR type pistol. What was Willam Defoe using on Clear and Present Danger?

Am I going to have to join the FBI to get to play with neat toys???
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Why get an AUG?

Because you live in an another dimension where you only have to fight from the lefthand side of the street and ammunition can't become destabilized from vibration and shaking and make you weapon go KABOOM! right next to you head.Also in the AUG "perfect"universe plastic hammers are as stronge as steel ones;)

SOPMODM4A3
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top