Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Becareful, he could be a scamer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Your problem is with a person - not with Ebay or Paypal.  The Web does not cause certain bad behaviors - it only reflects the lacks of honesty and morals that are present throughout our society.

If you eliminated Ebay - do you think all these people would suddenly change their ethics?

CWO

Well, I do think ebay leaves sellers high and dry when such issues happen. Same for Paypal. Not to mention their anti gun slnat as of late. I use to sell plenty of gun stuff there but now it's not tolerated. Top that off with an issue like mine and that camel's back just broke. I have approx. 500 goog feedbacks out of 512. The 12 bad ones were from scammers and others trying to fraud me. I am just sick of them all (Paypal, Ebay, and scammers)
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the beginning of the thread for the update!
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Now the buyer is real pissed and emailing me. I have deleted all emails he send without reading them. PAYPAL made a ruling and I have washed my hands of it.

DON'T DELETE THE EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!

If this psycho takes it to the next level and starts stalking or threatening your family, you'll want the email trail
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ebay sucks but you can use it to your advantage. I always state on anything electronic that it is sold AS IS and I put this in bold at the begining and the end.

Surprising how many people don't read even that.  Case in point, seen many auctions for  "Picture of XBOX and 5 games"  Seen many $120-$150 bids.  Wonder how many ended up being non payers because they were too stupid to read the ad, or how many paid $150 for a .jpeg.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now the buyer is real pissed and emailing me. I have deleted all emails he send without reading them. PAYPAL made a ruling and I have washed my hands of it.

If this psycho takes it to the next level and starts stalking or threatening your family, you'll want the email trail

I have hard copies....

ETA: I also spoke to a Detective buddy of mine at local PD about the situation. He wrote it up as a complaint but oh course they will not do anything about it due to PAYPAL being the governing authority and it not being anywhere near criminal. Now given the guy may go "Cape Fear" on me, I have the complaint on record and the hard copies of his emails. Be sides that, I use the physical addy of my local Mail Boxes ect. so I'm good.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have no problems with Ebay, if the guy goes nuts, who cares, let him waste his time, just ignore them and sell more items.  No one other than him is going to listen to his crap for $40.  Give him a nutcase feedback as a bad buyer and move on with your life.

thats what I do, eBay is a great source to feed my gun habit
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been using eBay since 2000, never had any problems.  That is until this year.  I've listed one specific DVD 3 times.  Each time the bidder sent the wrong form of payment.  Since eBay started requiring sellers to accept all forms of PayPal payment (I don't do CC's), I accept only USPS money orders.  Not that hard to understand, right?

Let's see, just this year I've gotten money orders from three different grocery store chains, Wal Mart, Western Union, and something that I think was just a forged MO.

I specify USPS because I cash the MO at the PO when I mail the item.  The nearest branch of my credit union is 35 miles away, so cashing at my bank isn't really an option.  I don't know why these people think all money orders are the same.  The PO will only cash MO's issued by the USPS.

Funny story about the Wal Mart money order I got.  I took it to my local WM to cash it.  They wouldn't.    Shows you what good that piece of paper was.

I'm just about fed up with selling on eBay.  Like I said, I had 4 years of good experiences.  The last 10 months have been horrible.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have no problems with Ebay, if the guy goes nuts, who cares, let him waste his time, just ignore them and sell more items.  No one other than him is going to listen to his crap for $40.  Give him a nutcase feedback as a bad buyer and move on with your life.

Problem is in the past for me now. Even had a happy ending, well....at least for me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top