BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I asked that very question after San Bernardino and was promptly pounced on by the NRA cheerleaders. Of course they didn't answer the question, just attacked me for asking.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go on the offensive during good times to do so.  Obviously laying low after a mass shooting is good policy.  Why are there no billboards/commercials/etc in the general public during more peaceful times?  Oleg Volk type ads to generate interest in shooting sports and also reality.  I don't intend this to be a shit on the NRA thread, I am a member and have been for decades.  This is more of a wish list of things to do for the NRA to become more proactive instead of reactive as we have been slowly losing.

I asked that very question after San Bernardino and was promptly pounced on by the NRA cheerleaders. Of course they didn't answer the question, just attacked me for asking.

Funny how that works huh?

There are a few "Baghdad Bob" types here that have a schlong so far down their throat they result to that when ever their sacred cow is even questioned.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The NRA makes decisions based on the opinions of the membership. This is done through Life Members electing the Board of Directors. You want to see the NRA go on the offensive? Elect a Board that reflects this opinion.

Me? I want to see the NRA go all out. Every legal method of getting our way. Dirt on opposition, trying to get them prosecuted for any crimes and otherwise voted or removed from public office. The time for the high road has passed; we are in the fight for our lives, and we need to start fighting like it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The answer to this has been posted a thousand times here:  Media outlets refuse advertising from the NRA.  They DO advertise where they can--Sportsmans Channel and various firearm-related magazines come to mind, as well as Youtube.  

In addition, advertising costs are huge.  Spending millions to reach a few thousand people is not a cost effective use of scarce funds.  Doing so would result in little results at massive cost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go on the offensive during good times to do so.  Obviously laying low after a mass shooting is good policy.  Why are there no billboards/commercials/etc in the general public during more peaceful times?  Oleg Volk type ads to generate interest in shooting sports and also reality.  I don't intend this to be a shit on the NRA thread, I am a member and have been for decades.  This is more of a wish list of things to do for the NRA to become more proactive instead of reactive as we have been slowly losing.

The answer to this has been posted a thousand times here:  Media outlets refuse advertising from the NRA.  They DO advertise where they can--Sportsmans Channel and various firearm-related magazines come to mind, as well as Youtube.  

In addition, advertising costs are huge.  Spending millions to reach a few thousand people is not a cost effective use of scarce funds.  Doing so would result in little results at massive cost.

lol

You forgot fOX News also.

So why don't they use their funds to fight it out in courts then? Or can Obama block those as well?

How much "free" coverage would they get if they did? along with being able to speak in front of the whole U S of A.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

we have been doing nothing but winning for about 10-15 years now
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A perfect example of this was when they sponsored the fall NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway.  Huge NRA banners all over the track and in the infield grass. They mentioned the sponsor one time and did everything possible to frame camera shots so NONE of the NRA logos were seen on screen.  The media attention after the race may have been more effective than the money spent on the actual race, but was it worth it.

The NRA needs to bring back the I'm the NRA ad campaign. We need to see more Dana Loesch and Colion Noir and less, bombastic Ted Nugent. Rational, soft-spoken Ted Nugent can be more effective than out of control, over the top Uncle Ted. IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:48:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 1:02:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Right after a mass shooting the NRA needs to get out the message that the hooting was the work of either a mentally deranged person or a terrorist with an agenda.

Allowing the MSM to make the issues about the tools used instead of the person committing the crime has been a costly mistake in the past.

Hopefully, the powers that be in the NRA have discovered that we can't allow the MSM and the liberals to dictate the terms of the discussion.

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As you worked for a non-profit for two decades, you are obviously very expert.  Please explain the exact mechanism or plan the NRA could do, or implement, to work themselves out of a job.  The Founders of this country said the price of freedom is "eternal vigilance," so obviously they lacked your expertise and knowledge.  Please tell us how this can be done.  
View Quote

Being an expert in market geared towards the eradication of polio (for example) does not mean my skills transfer over to 2A, what it does mean is I have a 1st hand view of the mindset required to change the anti 2A tide in this country. Shoot for the stars, hopefully you will hit the moon, and definitely clear the mountains.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, but in the past 40 years our collective gun rights have been slowly eroded. Yes, most states have better carry laws than compared to 20 years ago, but overall our abilities to acquire, purchase and possess arms have been significantly curtailed.

How does the NRA turn the  tide?

Focus on making more Americans understand our 2A rights. Especially WOMEN and children.

Have a better way of reaching out to minorities, and immigrants. Where do most immigrants come from? Countries where there are little or no gun ownership.

A better educated (as in 2A knowledge) body of voters - R or D makes it harder for idiotic politicians to sway people with hyperbole. If 25% of what the NRA spends on lobbying was spend on directly educating new citizens, or new green card holders on the 1st 10 amendments, we would have successfully inoculated enough people from being swayed by anti-gun rhetoric.

In the past 25 years we have allowed the 2nd Amendment to become a Republican vs Democrat argument  - a very dangerous place for us to be. Why can't someone have "democratic party" principles and still understand the importance of the 2nd Amendment? I know, you're going to tell me to ask them. That is a part of the problem. We know better, we understand exactly what is at risk. WE have to be sentries of freedom, and be able to recognize when others are using subversive means to erode those freedoms.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top