Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
My bet is paperwork.  Three hours of a 10 hour shift is about right usually.  If he's a supervisor that'd double. There are some days I never even make it to the patrol car.

I can hear the phone call now.

You:  Hello,  I wish to file a complaint!!

Internal affairs: "sigh" Yes?  What about?

You:  Theres a cop sitting in his car.

IA:  And What?

You:  Nothing,  he's just sitting in the car. Got his head down and is shifting lots of papers around. I'm watching him right now.

IA:  That's it?

You: Yes,  and he's out of his jurisdiction!

IA:  Okay,  but we can do that.  Anything else?

You:   I GOTTA KNOW WHAT HE"S DOING!!!

IA:  Sorry,  I don't know what he's doing either.  Have you tried asking him?  Have a nice day.

I worked Internal Affairs for 5 years. Took more silly complaints that you'd ever believe.

Everything from demonic messages in the car's license plates, to people that thought officer's should wear black ties to match the shoes instead of blue ties that match the shirt, or the classic, "officer's should not be allowed to eat or go to the bathroom on duty."

Others are:

Ford VS Chevy Patrol cars. (Related, HD's vs everything else for motors)

Officers wearing dental braces.

Use of road flares and orange traffic vests.

Officer's with tattoos, (demonic influence) wedding rings, (they're a weapon) and crosses on a necklace. (separation of church and state)

"NOEL" signs on desks at Christmas.

Gun manufacturer stickers on briefcases and such.

Female officers with short hair. Also, female officers with long hair.

Long sleeve shirts VS short sleeve shirts.

Helmets for motor officers are offensive.

Officers should be issued lassos for control of armed subjects.

Hundreds of others.

I have been personally complained on for being too tall, wearing sunglasses, and laughing at the guy who lost a shot glass up his rear and then called 911. I have also been complained on by a woman for NOT writing her a ticket.

Then there are the firearm related complaints.
You should have seen the dustup when we switched some of the 870's from wood to synthetic speedfeed stocks.  
You'd think the world was ending.

(Aside,  I never met Jesus personally,  but I heard about him in the academy. I think he works Edward Sector)
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]

[B](Aside,  I never met Jesus personally,  but I heard about him in the academy. I think he works Edward Sector)[/B]

I knew you would be here sooner or later-!

[:D]

Link Posted: 7/16/2002 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My guess is he's looking after the construction site and doing paperwork at the same time.  

Cops are peple too!  Geez, just walk up and ask him (nicely, like you would any stranger) if there's been trouble lately because you've noticed him there.  

You live there so you certainly have a reason to ask that.  Most of the cops I've talked to like to bullsh!t as long as they aren't too busy.  You'll get a feel soon enough.

You might even make a friend, ask him if he likes to shoot.  Tell him that he looks good in that uniform and you like his bulging biceps...

OOops, got a little carried away there.  
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Unless you look like Pamela Anderson, Dont bother him. Theres nothing a cop hates more than to have someone talk to him while hes doing paperwork,taking a break, or trying to eat. If you come across a cop be polite, say hello, and go about your business. Theres nothing worse than when you have 10 minutes to eat and someone is giving you a hypothetical on a speeding ticket that they fought 5 years ago.

When you are a cop you attract attention wherever you go. You cant buy a soda without 20 people staring at you and always having in the back of your mind that one of these people may try to take your life. I know it comes along with a job but give a cop a break and give him his space.
View Quote

You heard the man you civilian pukes. Don't fuckin look sideways at a cop or he may think your trying to take his life.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top