Quoted:
Quoted:

All hail Technoviking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsntHcWiy4

Page two is held for the almighty LORD of the street-beat-curb-stomp  

Not on a da-da-damn edit, you don't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Bunch of old, boring-ass WASPs in this thread...

Fuck the haters.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All hail Technoviking!

GTFO !

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No. Tweakers are meth users. MDMA (ecstacy/Molly/E/X) is the drug of choice for EDM listeners, and it is not anything like meth.

Some good MDMA and a talented EDM artist make for a VERY fun time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
because it sucks

It's for tweakers.

No. Tweakers are meth users. MDMA (ecstacy/Molly/E/X) is the drug of choice for EDM listeners, and it is not anything like meth.

I was going to mention 'Rave drugs'. Don't forget GHB,

Modern version of disco to me. In the immortal words of Bill the Cat "ACK ACK"!!!

PS I think he meant 'twerking.

FWIW- Europe also likes soccer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Oontz, oontz, oontz, oontz, oontz, oontz, oontz, oontz, oontz.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

11.11.11...........?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep techno is for pole smokers that like to dance in tight jeans
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
because it sucks

Yep techno is for pole smokers that like to dance in tight jeans

What is your movie review for THE THIEF (1981)?

Tangerine Dream did the soundtracks.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boring?
Child, you have no idea.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
because people like me ruin it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#13]
ever stay at an Aloft hotel?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

11.11.11...........?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

11.11.11...........?

That would be "Elf.elf.elf...............?"
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#16]
We have "EDM" which is dubstep. Which fucking sucks. Skrillex sucks.

Actual trance/house is WAY better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#17]
... 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine isn't widely distributed, that's why

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All hail Technoviking!

GTFO !

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u178/gerin13/technoviking.gif

ultramagbrion shaves his pits AND...

ARFCOM has Page Ownership Rules.

Do I end him and his shenanigans?!!!

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fuck the haters.

http://i.imgur.com/5RS4qEA.gif

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

... 3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine isn't widely distributed, that's why

View Quote
Except it is...  so...  

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#21]
It's the opposite of "tough and aggressive."

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:43:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So wrong. We have a thriving EDM scene in Colorado. Just to name a few EDM labels/promoters doing awesome stuff here: Sub.Mission Dubstep, Pretty Lights Music, Triad Dragons.

I know it's thriving here in CO a bit more than most places, but I'm sure that every major market has a scene of some sort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Depends on what you're talking about: EDM (electronic dance music) or techno?

EDM is the entire genre, which includes trance, house, techno, breakbeat, and a ton of other subgenres. EDM is huge in the United States these days, almost as much as in Europe. Trance and house shows sell out regularly and have crowds of 50,000 people in big stadiums. Most people call EDM "techno" in the USA, and that's not right, as techno is a specific subgenre and really sounds nothing like house or trance.

Now, if you're talking the sub-genre of techno, yeah, it's not big in the US. It's boring and repetitive and has no energy. :)

The only place I've seen it's popular is Florida. I've been listening to digitally imported for 10 years and all if it comes from everywhere in Europe, or Florida, maybe a little bit from NYC.

So wrong. We have a thriving EDM scene in Colorado. Just to name a few EDM labels/promoters doing awesome stuff here: Sub.Mission Dubstep, Pretty Lights Music, Triad Dragons.

I know it's thriving here in CO a bit more than most places, but I'm sure that every major market has a scene of some sort.

I'm not talking about dubstep and cheesy vocal "EDM" pop music crap. I'm talking about how in Europe nearly everyone under 50 except for indy types listen to it. It's all they play on the radio at the weekends, every bar or club you walk past with people under 50 is playing it, they play it at the gyms, they play it at stores, in the cars, everywhere. Every other kid has mixing decks at home. Some of them it's ALL they listen to. House music at the clubs/weekend, trance music when they are studying, chillout when they are at home, minimal at the gym, deep techno when they are driving, etc.

You ask anybody in the UK who Paul Okenfold is and I bet 90% could tell you (even though I think that stuff is shitty).
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm not talking about dubstep and cheesy vocal "EDM" pop music crap. I'm talking about how in Europe nearly everyone under 50 except for indy types listen to it. It's all they play on the radio at the weekends, every bar or club you walk past with people under 50 is playing it, they play it at the gyms, they play it at stores, in the cars, everywhere. Every other kid has mixing decks at home. Some of them it's ALL they listen to. House music at the clubs/weekend, trance music when they are studying, chillout when they are at home, minimal at the gym, deep techno when they are driving, etc.

You ask anybody in the UK who Paul Okenfold is and I bet 90% could tell you (even though I think that stuff is shitty).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on what you're talking about: EDM (electronic dance music) or techno?

EDM is the entire genre, which includes trance, house, techno, breakbeat, and a ton of other subgenres. EDM is huge in the United States these days, almost as much as in Europe. Trance and house shows sell out regularly and have crowds of 50,000 people in big stadiums. Most people call EDM "techno" in the USA, and that's not right, as techno is a specific subgenre and really sounds nothing like house or trance.

Now, if you're talking the sub-genre of techno, yeah, it's not big in the US. It's boring and repetitive and has no energy. :)

The only place I've seen it's popular is Florida. I've been listening to digitally imported for 10 years and all if it comes from everywhere in Europe, or Florida, maybe a little bit from NYC.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree. Just maybe Nebraska isn't at the forefront of the music scene. Or any scene.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't know enough to see the difference between techno, house, dubstep, or any of the other million names for the similar genres.  But I do find myself listening to a few dubstep songs, though.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#25]
techno?

trance, dubstep and drum and bass mabye
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#26]
European clubs > American clubs
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some friends and I dropped some acid with a dude that was into Kraftwerk when I was a lot younger. That's about all the techno I need.
View Quote

OMG!! Me too! Maybe we were together.

I had fun though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#28]
cause it sucks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I like it and I'm 55.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Techno has some really good stuff.. some mediocre stuff.. and some really bad stuff.

The really bad stuff is from the USA or Canada and is produced by our "brain" trust of hip-hop thug trash.

The good stuff comes from Germany and the Netherlands, Paul Van Dyk, Armin Van Buuren for two of many..

The mediocre stuff comes Czechoslovakia and the Baltic states.

Hey, don't shoot me.. I'm an opinionated jerk just like you guys.

There is a lot more to "Techno" than the "unce unce unce unce" monotony that you guys are describing.  Vocal Trance is where you can find some really beautiful and badass tracks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#33]
^^^^^That guy sure has a serious white skin thing going on.  Sunburn much?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
because it sucks
View Quote

Yes it does.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:14:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

because it sucks

It's for tweakers.

The "MA" in MDMA is methamphetamine.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I like it,

of course on this site YMMV as a lot of people think Slayer and Mudvayne are the epitome of music.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0H8fW1BiYo
View Quote

Ruin? No, there's nothing wrong with mixing genres.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:22:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I like it....

But to answer your question, I think most gun-carrying, beer-drinking, God-fearing men think it's for nerds and hipsters.

Just tell them to go listen to Charlie Daniels or Metallica's Kill 'Em All or whatever other 20+ year old drivel they like.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like it, but it's not even close to being mainstream like in Europe?

It's good to drive to, work to, execise to.

dat bass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e21pjukKSRY&feature=player_detailpage#t=1470

I like it....

But to answer your question, I think most gun-carrying, beer-drinking, God-fearing men think it's for nerds and hipsters.

Just tell them to go listen to Charlie Daniels or Metallica's Kill 'Em All or whatever other 20+ year old drivel they like.

Riiiight, right. Because it's totally not that.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Fuck the haters.

http://i.imgur.com/5RS4qEA.gif

View Quote

We have our share of children here too.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Uhm, it's pretty popular here, dunno about Nebraska though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Because we like classy things like Jersey Shore, Miley Cyrus,  and Chris Brown...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Basshunter's not bad.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Not sure what specific category it falls in, but I will listen to some Front 242 every now and then.

"Rhythm of Time" is a good one.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#44]
EDM is *massive* here in the US.  I have a hard time finding any subgenre in EDM that I dislike.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I have been listening to it for 20+ years now. From some of the most amazing parties in Detroit to all over the globe. There is something pretty amazing to seeing your favorite DJ in front of 100k people at 0400 in the morning and everyone is still dancing strong. There is def. something amazing about it. Its been infecting the non EDM crowds for years. Its in car commercials and restaurant ads. Its all over the place.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0H8fW1BiYo
View Quote

This is fucking awesome ... is it your stuff?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Too repetitious.

It's the same thing over and over and
View Quote

i no rite? let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here let's get retarded in here mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up mumblemumblemumblemumble back dat ass up you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar you're gonna hear me rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooar  ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay ella ella ella ay ay ay
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#49]

I tried listening to Trap, and the really good stuff is enjoyable, but regrettably there's very little talent in the trap scene compared to electro/BRH and others.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#50]
You aren't hanging with the right people, OP.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top