Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my first Shield on Monday for the wife. Loved it so much I just traded a gun for a second one for me to carry. This coming from Glocks number one fan.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I checked one out recently looking for a backup gun and that thing reminds me of their Sigma 380.

Its too damn thin/small for much of anything.

Is it aimed at little people or females?
View Quote

To each his own.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Because Glock doesn't make a single stack 9X19  ?

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Not much good for anything?  You willing to take a round from one?  

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Smallish 9mm that functions like it's bigger brother, is <$500, carries with the slenderness of a 1911 but the weight of a polymer 9mm.

I've put a little bit down range with one and it's deceptively comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much.I just bought one last week,so far I like it well enough.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered a Shield .40 today.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the Taurus Judge myself.   It will actually take bathroom stall doors right off their hinges like in Max Payne the movie!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Cheap, well built, easy to shoot, nice and small. I bought one for the SO and I was rather impressed compared to similar pistols. I have been debating buying one for myself as the full size HK45 is slightly difficult to wear dress clothes around
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got it because I have really big hands and it's fits well.
View Quote

i have one too and its great,
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I checked one out recently looking for a backup gun and that thing reminds me of their Sigma 380.

View Quote

Yeah, how could that ever be useful to anyone? Ever!?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have you shot one? It shoots like a full size pistol,

I have a few Glocks, an M&P full size and a Shield. I was amazed at how well it shoots. I did better knocking steel plates down at 30 yards with my Shield than I did with my G19. Don't get me wrong, I love my Glocks and the 19 is my primary carry, but the Shields are very impressive in the accuracy department, especially for their size.
View Quote

Yup.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I like mine.  The trigger is glock like and has a good reset.  Decent size and weight.  May not be the smallest or lightest, but I shoot it well and I can carry it easily enough.  I could do without the safety, but it is easy enough to train with.  

The XDs seems pretty nice too.  Normally I don't like the XD series because of the grip safety, but I can pull the slide back on the XDs without it the being depressed so it gets a pass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I got a chance to look at one today. Not a bad gun, but here are some of my gripes.

O.K. it's a single stack 9 (or .40) nice and slim. With the grip extension it sort of feels like my Kahr K9. With the standard magazine or with the magazine out of the gun, not so good. I could only get two fingers on the grip and in my book that is a no go. If I want a two fingered gun, why not get the Glock 26 or 27? It may not be as slim, but it does hold more rounds.

The trigger pull is NOT that bad, I didn't have to grunt and exert myself to pull the trigger. But as heavy as it is, one wonders why they decided to put a manual safety on it? Maybe that's for the lawyers, but my Kahr has no safety of it, the trigger is a lot smoother, lighter and the reset is about the same. Also if you're going to have a manual safety, why make it almost impossible to get to? Put a big honking lever on it and call it a day.

I ended up leaving the store with two cans of Winchester 296 and my Kahr K9.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

And, this. The day GLOCK finally comes out with a single-stack nine is the day I sell off my LCP AND CM9.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And, this. The day GLOCK finally comes out with a single-stack nine is the day I sell off my LCP AND CM9.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be waiting a while.  Glock was 15-20 years late coming out with a single stack .380.  I love my Glocks, but good lord they are late to the party on this one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Have you shot one? It shoots like a full size pistol,

I have a few Glocks, an M&P full size and a Shield. I was amazed at how well it shoots. I did better knocking steel plates down at 30 yards with my Shield than I did with my G19. Don't get me wrong, I love my Glocks and the 19 is my primary carry, but the Shields are very impressive in the accuracy department, especially for their size.
View Quote

This is why I like mine. Hell, at 12 yards I make almost the same size groups as my g17.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
doesn't feel like a itty bitty gun..  but prints and carrys like one
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You might be waiting a while.  Glock was 15-20 years late coming out with a single stack .380.  I love my Glocks, but good lord they are late to the party on this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump because I finally got my Shield. (gift from the wife for anniversary) I ordered a Crossbreed holster for it but am wondering what you guys are carrying it in? I have a G19 in Crossbreed ST and love it...I also carry 380 in my pocket every time i don't holster up.. Now that I have a shield, I am going for the best of both worlds.....So for all Shield owners, how do you carry your Shield? Pocket, OWB, IWB? In what? thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Best CCW I've carried yet. The slim frame is great .

I will carry OWB when I have a jacket on. Without a jacket, it's IWB.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bump because I finally got my Shield. (gift from the wife for anniversary) I ordered a Crossbreed holster for it but am wondering what you guys are carrying it in? I have a G19 in Crossbreed ST and love it...I also carry 380 in my pocket every time i don't holster up.. Now that I have a shield, I am going for the best of both worlds.....So for all Shield owners, how do you carry your Shield? Pocket, OWB, IWB? In what? thanks
View Quote

I carry it appendix. A co-worker makes kydex holsters and it's comfy as hell. I can wear it even with a few of the fitted t-shirts I own. I used to have a G26, traded it in for a nice slim .380 that I used to pocket carry, but now all I carry is the shield. I almost forget I have it on sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Have you looked at all the new small autos on the market?

This is one of the larger ones.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fixed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop liking what I don't like.

Fixed

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#25]
OP likes 'em big and thick.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:46:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OP likes 'em big and thick.
View Quote

You promised him you'd keep that a secret!

I like my guns to be like my women.  Black, Brown and tight.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I love mine it has replaced my Glock 26 as BUG while on duty and as warm weather carry gun. Mine is 9mm and is smooth shooting. It has very little recoil so I can shoot it all day with no discomfort. Love the accuracy and overall feel. Not thrilled about safety but it is a non issue as I have had no issues with accidentally engaging it. For me it is perfect size for pocket carry, ankle carry, small of back carry or appendix carry. It fits nearly any role. I have 2 of them the 1st one has over 900 rds thru it w/o issue. I like it much better than the Ruger LC9 I have used as well as the Kahr I borrowed from a buddy. Plus I do not like to carry 380 as a backup due to lack of penetration. To me SW knocked this one out of the park
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:23:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Best CCW I've carried yet. The slim frame is great .

I will carry OWB when I have a jacket on. Without a jacket, it's IWB.
View Quote

Yep, prior to getting a shield my P7M8 was my daily carry because it was so slim. The weight savings is great.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:50:19 AM EDT
[#29]
I like it. the size is perfect, round count isn't bad.
feels great with talon grips. sights are meh but workable.

The XDS has better stock sights and a better stock feels, ill give it that.
but I have no reason to switch over to something else at the moment.

if im not carrying the shield then im carrying the g19
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Best carry pistol I've ever owned
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh look another thread where the OP posts something vaguely insulting to certain people and then never shows back up in the thread.  Never have seen this on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Despite Internet and gunshop professionals women and smaller statured people do better with larger guns than subcompact.
View Quote

I had my wife shoot a borrowed 9mm Shield, hoping she'd like it better than her LCP.  Nope.  She liked the LCP better.  She thought the Shield had more recoil, and was bigger and heavier.  She shot the Shield better (initially) than she shot the LCP (initially), but with practice, she brought the LCP in line.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
The XDs .45 is the absolute shit. I carry mine daily. Love it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its better than a g26. Xds is better than both of them.

Not with that tiny ass grip safety on the XDS.

The XDs .45 is the absolute shit. I carry mine daily. Love it.

That's what I'm considering moving to as my tolerance of carrying a full size pistol has seemed to have weened as of late.  I'm just a bit concerned about the new ones as from what I've read the triggers are less than desirable?

What holster are you using?  

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I do see the attractiveness of single stacks, they are very comfortable to carry.  I carry a Ruger P345 that I like a lot.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#35]
My wife loves it, so whatever keeps her hands off my pistols is good by me.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's a good pistol.

You can train high volume with a sub-compact single stack without it going down like a Kahr or Kel-tec.

8 rounds capacity

Very manageable recoil

Conceals well

Works
View Quote

Kahr CW40 here. Many thousands of rounds through it with less failures than I can count on one hand and some of those were operator induced. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I want one!!   I have had great experience with S&W products, and love everything about this little pistol for a carry gun,  just cant decide on 9mm or .40
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I want one!!   I have had great experience with S&W products, and love everything about this little pistol for a carry gun,  just cant decide on 9mm or .40
View Quote

I've had mine for about 2 weeks.I've owned a pm9,lc9,and a PPS,I'd take the Shield over any of those.I know the thumb safety bothers a lot of people,but the trigger(at least on mine) is actually pretty crisp so I'm glad it's there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Just because your mother and father are related, giving you inbred giantitus hands. doesn't mean everyone else is a sissy. It means you have a birth defect. I can council you on coping if you'd like.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I've had mine for about 2 weeks.I've owned a pm9,lc9,and a PPS,I'd take the Shield over any of those.I know the thumb safety bothers a lot of people,but the trigger(at least on mine) is actually pretty crisp so I'm glad it's there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know, the safety doesn't bother me al all, you prefer one caliber over the other?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good to know, the safety doesn't bother me al all, you prefer one caliber over the other?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went with the nine,only because I have other nines and no .40 cals at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I have one but it's  not my EDC. 99% of the time that's a PPQ. But once in a while I need something more concealable and the Shield works for that role. I have Amerglo night sights on it and the trigger seems to be better than other guns in that size. It's very shootable for a small gun.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top