BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its not for you "to get".  It's not your choice. It's not your life. Let people do what they want and stop judging or trying to judge them. They are not impacting your life, directly, by this choice, so leave it be.
View Quote
You know, there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that taste just as good as the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I like kids just fine....BREEDER!

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't hate kids, I like well behaved ones and enjoy goofing off with my friends kids. I just don't want kids and I don't want to be eating while little johhny/sally act like assholes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I stay way the hell away from other peoples kids.

In this day and age ONE wrong word from one of them or their parents and your life will be destroyed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Bears? Cubs? Nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A lot of men really just don't care for other peoples kids. I'm one of them. I don't wish any ill on them or anything and I'm sure most of them are nice kids, I just don't really want them around.

I love my girls more than anything on earth but even my nephews (in laws kids) creep me the fuck out.

Some people also choose not to have kids. If they don't want to spread the genetics, that's their choice.
View Quote
All of this.

It's not that I hate kids. I just don't care for them.

Plus, there is a big difference in my mind between a younger child and a teenager.

I enjoy seeing teenagers discovering who they are.

Working with or helping out teenagers can be a blast. They teach me shit that at 35, I'm too far removed from and I can pass along some appropriate hard earned knowledge that their parents often choose to sugar coat. Being a mentor, wiser co-worker, or fellow volunteer works for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a cool and edgy thing for a young person to say. I said it, but it is my biggest regret...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its not for you "to get".  It's not your choice. It's not your life. Let people do what they want and stop judging or trying to judge them. They are not impacting your life, directly, by this choice, so leave it be.
View Quote
This was basically my response but you said it in a much, MUCH more polite and COC compliant manner.  Thank you for saving me the trouble.  

Crotch fruit isn't for everyone.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To broad of a brush friend.......

I never wanted to be married and I never have.
I most certainly slept around in my days as a single man...Why not??
And I have assuredly been drunk a number of times.
Never been in the military either.
I do have a daughter that I help raise and she is married and now has had her first child.

Oh yea..I will be 65 in December and am still very much a man.
View Quote
I don't question your gender.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No you don't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people with kids always say "You don't understand, you don't have kids"? I WAS a kid so I understand exactly what it was like.
No you don't.
Yes I do. Its the same point the OP is making, because we were kids, we should like kids. Because I WAS a kid, I know what its like to raise kids. I have first hand knowledge. I was there the whole time. .
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nothing, but I do agree that there is a lot of selfishness running around these days.  That may or may not apply to anyone specifically.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense.

WTF does someone 'being a kid once' have to do with them wanting or liking kids?  Nothing.
Nothing, but I do agree that there is a lot of selfishness running around these days.  That may or may not apply to anyone specifically.
My wife and I are in our fifties now.  Never got around to having kids.  Selfish?

I have seen many people over the years say or write that one of the reasons they had kids was so they would have someone to take care of them in their old age.  Selfish?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lol, why do people with children hate those that don't have any?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good point.
Quoted:
A lot of men really just don't care for other peoples kids. I'm one of them. I don't wish any ill on them or anything and I'm sure most of them are nice kids, I just don't really want them around.

I love my girls more than anything on earth but even my nephews (in laws kids) creep me the fuck out.

Some people also choose not to have kids. If they don't want to spread the genetics, that's their choice.
Also a good point.

Me personally... it's the screaming.  I don't mean crying babies, but when kids have temper tantrums and scream as loud as possible - and their parents don't do anything to stop it, not even taking the kid home.  Nope, everyone else has to put up with it instead, and how dare they be annoyed by it.

Kinda like the last time I was on a plane.  The woman behind us had a 2 year old who kept coughing constantly and kicking us in the back.  I swear the mother damn near had a hissy fit over being asked for it to stop.  Turn around to look after being kicked - "DON'T YOU EVEN LOOK AT HIM!" as if WE were the problem for his behavior.  

You know... I suspect that it's not really kids that people dislike -  just the parents who don't control them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Children are annoying, I shouldn't have to suffer through the process of raising them just because other people do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#14]
because so many of them grow up to be 13'ers
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My wife and I are in our fifties now.  Never got around to having kids.  Selfish?

I have seen many people over the years say or write that one of the reasons they had kids was so they would have someone to take care of them in their old age.  Selfish?
View Quote
Probably.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I never wanted kids.  My wife never wanted kids.  Almost got a vasectomy in 2007 because of this.  I pussed out.  Rolled the dice one too many times and got my wife pregnant in 2012.  I have a 4 year old right now.  I love him to death, but at 38, my personality was pretty much set in stone.  I'm inflexible, tired, work 42+ hours a week, come home and have to try to get a kid in bed who gets up at least 4 times before midnight, and my ass has to be up at 330.  I'm still waiting for the rewarding part.

For all you judgmental types.  I love my son more than anything, including my wife and myself, but goddamn, fucking kids.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I hated other kids when I was a kid. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember being a kid and thinking the kids around me were annoying and immature.  

Yes, I am obviously a ton of fun at parties.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
MYOB
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I always wanted the "Peter Pan" lifestyle, you know the "I'll never grow up" attitude.  Somewhere between life cycles and struggle for the legal tender you lose yer patience.  ALSO, and this is a biggie, young children are a ball of electro-nukemplastea and it's just damn hard to deal with all that energy ad DRAMA.  Females are the perfect keepers of young children else there wouldn't be young children cause old men would leave the area.  Tents are a good idea.  Matter a fact you can put the women and the kids into tents ao the men could talk about important things.  A good cigar during this time helps solve many great problems.  Perhaps even a weeee dram or two.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't question your gender.
View Quote
So what are you questioning??
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Aren't you one of those "never having kids" types?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I for one am glad a lot of you fuckers aren't reproducing.  Good riddance to your genes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
If one insists on publicly expressing their disdain for children, then don't be amazed when others judge that person for being an asshole.  

That's called being an adult:  Nobody owes anyone a goddamn thing-especially approval for expressing an opinion that's un-American.

If somebody doesn't think children are important for the future and insists on acting like a spoiled, self-centered adolescent, it's probably best to STFU about it unless one has thick skin.  Apparently, most of the "haters" (and that was the exact word used in the OP's question) don't.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Way I see it.

From day 1 to 5 years.. it's just crying and puking, sick all the time bugger nosed, always hungry assholes.

From 5 to 12ish they seem pretty cool.

After 12 they're just regular assholes that get more expensive by the minute.

If you're lucky after mid 20s if somehow you didn't fuck up, and somehow they didn't fuck up you can claim victory maybe. They can still fuck up but it's on them after that and not you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't hate children, I just find them annoying as fuck. I suppose if I had kids and they were my own my feelings would be considerably tempered.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I never wanted kids.  My wife never wanted kids.  Almost got a vasectomy in 2007 because of this.  I pussed out.  Rolled the dice one too many times and got my wife pregnant in 2012.  I have a 4 year old right now.  I love him to death, but at 38, my personality was pretty much set in stone.  I'm inflexible, tired, work 42+ hours a week, come home and have to try to get a kid in bed who gets up at least 4 times before midnight, and my ass has to be up at 330.  I'm still waiting for the rewarding part.

For all you judgmental types.  I love my son more than anything, including my wife and myself, but goddamn, fucking kids.
View Quote
It's rare to see an honest opinion from someone who had a kid and is willing to admit it sucks.

Children are fucking awful. But the OP, like 99% of breeders, is of the opinion that "ZOMG there's only one POSSIBLE way to go through life!" whereas people who choose not to have kids are always willing to see both sides of the argument.

Personally, I think every person who chooses to have children is an idiot, but I don't go around telling them they're all idiots ALL the time the way breeders do.

We get it, your fuck trophy is the best thing that ever happened in your miserable life. The difference is, we don't care.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't give much of a fuck if anyone understands why I don't want nor will ever have kids.     Im 41 years old and I am capable of running my own life without some one telling me what I should have.  

"used to be a kid"    that is a dumb ass argument for having kids

most people I see that ask this question are just jealous of my lifestyle. freedom and personal free income.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Selfish
View Quote
It's uncanny how often FPNI, with the caveat that not everyone that doesn't want children, "hates" children; there is a distinction.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can understand a few, but there are so many.

They hate kids because they are dirty, noisy, expensive, time-consuming, etc.

But their parents put up with the noise and the crap and the expense and the time constraints.

I don't get it.
View Quote

Mother told me I never really was a kid, so that is my excuse.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Why should I like what my parents like?  

My mom likes horses, my dad likes church and I don't want kids, horses or church.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Selfish
View Quote
Bingo! They aren't right in the head. Seeing my children grow up with the values that were passed on to me by my parents and grandparents is rewarding for sure but to see those values pass on to the grandchildren and being a part of that is even a greater reward. How sad to have nothing worthy of passing on much less not wanting a generation to pass it on to. No wonder our country is so screwed up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Bingo! They aren't right in the head. Seeing my children grow up with the values that were passed on to me by my parents and grandparents is rewarding for sure but to see those values pass on to the grandchildren and being a part of that is even a greater reward. How sad to have nothing worthy of passing on much less not wanting a generation to pass it on to. No wonder our country is so screwed up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfish
Everyone who has children has a mental disease and is morally bankrupt.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfish
WTF are you talking about?  Isolationist foreign policy, legal weed, a "woman's right to chose", and gay marriage aren't the future for a prosperous, successful society?

Damn.....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I stay way the hell away from other peoples kids.

In this day and age ONE wrong word from one of them or their parents and your life will be destroyed.
View Quote

[Kidding]don't conscript them into your child army then?[/kidding]

I don't have kids.  My 3 best friends growing up do, and those little fuckers are all awesome.  2-13yo.  

One thing I have observed is that the families where the mom is the extremely domestic oriented "mama bear" have the best dynamic.  Most of the girls Ive dated haven't had that trait, so I'm 35 with no kids and a gf that doesn't want anytime soon, or ever, so it might not be in the cards.  If thats the case, the friends' kids can be my heirs.  I've always dabbled in dangerous quadrants of the hot/crazy matrix.  Every girl I've ever brought home, my mom says "she's nice but she better not be the mother of my grandkids" lol, and I took that seriously up until recently

Most people I know, their parents told us "never get a girl knocked up, don't have kids in this crazy crazy world, zomg."  Baby boomer brain washing smh.  

I knew some girls who had kids in high school, then nobody else had kids till 30++ lol.smh.

California values
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Arfcom has almost completely lost the ability to debate things.  Someone actually said "don't judge me" like a Maury guest, and a lot of dudes jumped on the bandwagon.  This is an incredibly rich topic for debate, and you dudes simply pull the "You don't know me'" routine? WTF? Perhaps Goatboy can remove the "Report" button, and replace it with a "Safe Space Violation" one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Arfcom has almost completely lost the ability to debate things.  Someone actually said "don't judge me" like a Maury guest, and a lot of dudes jumped on the bandwagon.  This is an incredibly rich topic for debate, and you dudes simply pull the "You don't know me'" routine? WTF? Perhaps Goatboy can remove the "Report" button, and replace it with a "Safe Space Violation" one.
View Quote
Well, at least I've learned my wife and I are selfish and un American.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good point.
Also a good point.

Me personally... it's the screaming.  I don't mean crying babies, but when kids have temper tantrums and scream as loud as possible - and their parents don't do anything to stop it, not even taking the kid home.  Nope, everyone else has to put up with it instead, and how dare they be annoyed by it.

Kinda like the last time I was on a plane.  The woman behind us had a 2 year old who kept coughing constantly and kicking us in the back.  I swear the mother damn near had a hissy fit over being asked for it to stop.  Turn around to look after being kicked - "DON'T YOU EVEN LOOK AT HIM!" as if WE were the problem for his behavior.  

You know... I suspect that it's not really kids that people dislike -  just the parents who don't control them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good point.
Quoted:

Also a good point.

I have a friend that works from home and the wife doesn't work, and they are soooo fucking strict and the kids are fucking awesome.  Not just in being subdued, they behave always.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Buddy of mine at work has a 4 year old autistic daughter.  Between that and helping his wife with her home business in the evenings I think he literally has no time for himself at all.  He plays with investment as I do and I was asking him about retirement goals and his answer was, "We have to make enough to basically provide for our daughter forever since she will never be able to provide for herself".  I admire that kind of personality but it sure isn't mine.  And once I realized that I also realized I should never have kids.  Because you don't get to choose and you are a parent forever.

I was giving him a lift after work one day to pick up his car from the shop and he goes, "So what do you do after work?  Oh that's right, I forgot, anything you want."  I know he set himself up for that joke.  But I think there was a bit of ennui, or truth or something there.  I would never repeat that joke to his wife for instance.  But again, I am not that guy who finds satisfaction in self-sacrifice of that type.  And I know that about myself.  I don't think of myself as selfish.  Just different wants and priorities.

My brother was ambivalent about kids but his wife wanted them and he loved her and so...  He ended up with two really great kids.  But he worked soul sucking jobs at shitty companies for 30 years to pay for the endeavor.  He reminded me of a coal stoker on an old steam engine shoveling money into the endeavor that was raising children with a stay at home mom.  I also know that wasn't for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Only a fool thinks we live in the same world our parents did.

We face challenges now that no other culture has had before. We have loopy women who are encouraged to leave you at the first disagreement, and take everything of yours in the bargain with courts, media and her friends to take her side.

We face kids that can't be disciplined lest you be accused of abuse and lose, money, 2A privileges, jobs, etc.

It's just too dicey a game to have kids. May as well play Russian roulette with a semi-auto pistol.

I love kids, if I won the 700 million powerball, I'd have like 30. Alas, I'm just a regular guy and can't afford them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Most of the little bastards cannot be tolerated.

I was raised by parents who made sure that I was not an annoying little brat.  Most parents today do not believe that their little snowflakes can do any wrong.

It is their fault that I hate their kids.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't be such a delicate rose petal.

I've never read a post from you that expressed disdain for children so if the shoe doesn't fit, then don't wear the motherfucker.

If you've used "crotchfruit" to describe other people's children for example (or kids in general),  then don't be surprised if others mock you for being self-absorbed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Selfish
View Quote
Yep.  Will likely be the downfall of western civilization.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hated other kids when I was a kid too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't hate my kids, I just hate other people's kids.

Then again, I don't have kids, so I don't know even know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Go drunk ZedsDeadBaby, you're home.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfish
Sad.  We westerners want to fuck for recreation only, instead of investing in the future by having children to carry on our traditional values.

Of course that would involve sacrifice, so....

But hey, we have Muslims we can import to make up for the difference, so there's that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Cause if you have a baby da won't be da bay bay no more.

These homos don't wanna share their toys and attention. Closet Libs!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfish
Hahahaha.
I see the shit stirring has begun.

Let me add in:
Those with children have some perverse desire to relive their childhood through their children.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Probably you are on a website dedicated to self indulgence and the majority of people posting here have free time and people with a family have less free time. In short selection bias in your sample
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hahahaha.
I see the shit stirring has begun.

Let me add in:
Those with children have some perverse desire to relive their childhood through their children.
View Quote

Maybe you nailed it. I hated childhood and would have no desire to go back and re-live it. Could be tied to my lack of interest in having children.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top