BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Because slovenly is "in".  

Hell, I'm surprised they arrested this guy who went naked at a local Walmart.  According to some here, why should you care what others are (not) wearing?

Most of the guys who I know are former mil or LE know the value of looking like a professional.  That's why uniform regs exist.  Look like a dirtbag, get treated like a dirtbag.

I don't even know where to start with this...

1)  Naked is not pajamas
2)  Why the hell does someone need to look "professional" to go to the supermarket?
3)  Wearing pajamas when picking up some eggs makes someone look like a "dirtbag"?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Those people have no self esteem and have given up. They get free $ and don't care about anything.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I'm surprised they arrested this guy who went naked at a local Walmart.  According to some here, why should you care what others are (not) wearing?

Most of the guys who I know are former mil or LE know the value of looking like a professional.  That's why uniform regs exist.  Look like a dirtbag, get treated like a dirtbag.

1)  Naked is not pajamas
2)  Why the hell does someone need to look "professional" to go to the supermarket?
3)  Wearing pajamas when picking up some eggs makes someone look like a "dirtbag"?

The only concept that is eluding you is this:  you are judged on your appearance.  

Whether you think going naked is the same as pajamas is merely an issue of degree.  A guy wearing a tux probably thinks I'm dressed down if I show up at the grocery store in a polo shirt and jeans.  However, I don't ignore the fundamental fact that you are judged on your looks.

You are judged on your clothing.  You are judged on your grooming (c.f. all the threads here about body odor at gunshows).  You are judged on your skin color.  

You can kick and scream like a four year old whose toy truck has been taken away.  It won't make a bit of a difference.  Right or wrong, it happens.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't own pajamas, a bathrobe or flipflops. I got no problem running to the store in my sweatpants though.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1)  Naked is not pajamas

The only concept that is eluding you is this:  you are judged on your appearance.  

Whether you think going naked is the same as pajamas is merely an issue of degree.  A guy wearing a tux probably thinks I'm dressed down if I show up at the grocery store in a polo shirt and jeans.  However, I don't ignore the fundamental fact that you are judged on your looks.

You are judged on your clothing.  You are judged on your grooming (c.f. all the threads here about body odor at gunshows).  You are judged on your skin color.  

You can kick and scream like a four year old whose toy truck has been taken away.  It won't make a bit of a difference.  Right or wrong, it happens.  

Yeah, except you sound like the one who's judging.  Who the hell walks around a supermarket judging people?  And if I happen to be shopping and see someone in pajamas, so what?  That's one of the biggest problems in this country, people can't keep their damn noses out of other people's business.  If it ain't the .gov trying to control what we can and can't do, it's people judging everyone else when they should be worried about themselves  

Matter of fact, this thread has inspired me.  I'm gonna wait until midnight and go pick up some stuff in my pajamas.  Not one fuck will be given what other people think of me while I'm there, either.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Mentally ill or morbidly alcoholic.

Unless the store is walking distance from Government Housing, in which case it is simply what people wear.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey man... When I don't have to go to work because of my unemployment....I don't get dressed.

The dude needs nourishment.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1)  Naked is not pajamas

Yeah, except you sound like the one who's judging.  Who the hell walks around a supermarket judging people?  And if I happen to be shopping and see someone in pajamas, so what?  That's one of the biggest problems in this country, people can't keep their damn noses out of other people's business.  If it ain't the .gov trying to control what we can and can't do, it's people judging everyone else when they should be worried about themselves  

Matter of fact, this thread has inspired me.  I'm gonna wait until midnight and go pick up some stuff in my pajamas.  Not one fuck will be given what other people think of me while I'm there, either.

Hey! whoa hold on. Nobody is getting "in anybody's business". People are just as free to wear a bathrobe, Pjs and bedroom slippers to the store as others are to observe and comment on Arfcom that they are slobs.  

I will be the first to defend someone's right to dress any way they want to as long as their junk isn't hanging out.    

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#9]
That's why I get my groceries from gas stations. Grocery store goers are so judgmental.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
It's a grocery store not a 5 star restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's a grocery store not a 5 star restaurant.

Exactly, when you go to a nice restaurant, you should wear your freshly pressed dress jeans.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#12]
PC bullshit has made it correcting made behavior through chastisment or other means more socially unacceptable than being a defiler of society and being offensive or repugnant.

People need to be called on their bullshit. Just rewards and all.

This reminded me of Ed Tom's conversation with the Sheriff of El paso...

"It's just goddamn beyond everything.

What's it mean? What's it leading to?

You know,
if you'd have told me 20 years ago.

I'd see children walking
the streets of our Texas towns.

...with green hair, bones in their noses...

I just flat-out
wouldn't have believed you.

Signs and wonders.

But I think once you quit hearing "sir"
and "ma'am," the rest is soon to foller.

- Oh, it's the tide.
- Yeah.

It's the dismal tide.
It is not the one thing.

Not the one thing."
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread is full of the stupid. Last time I checked it was a free country. Lighten the fuck up.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Social pressure can be a good thing. In this case it checks people like you all lazy fucks from lowering the overall standards of an already indifferent and classless nation. And yes, I am judging you, and you know what?.....we all judge and maybe if we did it more, people would take more pride in themselves, their jobs, their homes, how they raise their kids and so on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread is full of the stupid. Last time I checked it was a free country. Lighten the fuck up.

Class the fuck up and take pride in yourself.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And yes, I am judging you, and you know what?.....we all judge and maybe if we did it more, people would take more pride in themselves, their jobs, their homes, how they raise their kids and so on.

No, we don't all judge.  That's your character flaw, not mine.  

And you can keep judging all you want...I will continue to not give a fuck what people like you think of what I'm wearing in public so long as this remains a free country and I'm able to do so.

You can judge, and I can tell you to fuck off.  It's a beautiful thing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:And yes, I am judging you, and you know what?.....we all judge and maybe if we did it more, people would take more pride in themselves, their jobs, their homes, how they raise their kids and so on.

And you can keep judging all you want...I will continue to not give a fuck what people like you think of what I'm wearing in public so long as this remains a free country and I'm able to do so.

You can judge, and I can tell you to fuck off.  It's beautiful.

It's not a character flaw, it's a fact of life. Judging isn't always a bad thing, despite what the PC and liberal media have indoctrinated you to think. So how are the OWS meetings anyway?
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Class and self-respect.  Some people don't have it.  

yep now they call it depression which is gay.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take plenty of pride in myself.  If I want to go to the grocery store I'm going.  I'm not going
naked. or in a thong.  I'll go after a workout at times, or passing though.

I don't dress in a button down and slacks every day.  Only 4 days a cycle as it turns out.
I'm not in the mood to dress up to go grocery shopping.  It's not that much of an event for me.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]
It makes you look lazy, Too lazy to get dressed, usually too lazy to care about personal hygiene, too lazy to work, too lazy to be worth my time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take plenty of pride in myself.  If I want to go to the grocery store I'm going.  I'm not going
naked. or in a thong.  I'll go after a workout at times, or passing though.

I don't dress in a button down and slacks every day.  Only 4 days a cycle as it turns out.
I'm not in the mood to dress up to go grocery shopping.  It's not that much of an event for me.

Work out clothes right after a trip to the gym is not the same as pajamas and slippers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:34:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I have never seen that.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Because they are VC
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I thought you were talking about these people...

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I am sorry to admit I was seen dropping off a movie rental in the box outside. She was good looking and just smiled and said hi. In my defense the wife unit did not tell me it was due till late.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:And yes, I am judging you, and you know what?.....we all judge and maybe if we did it more, people would take more pride in themselves, their jobs, their homes, how they raise their kids and so on.

It's not a character flaw, it's a fact of life. Judging isn't always a bad thing, despite what the PC and liberal media have indoctrinated you to think. So how are the OWS meetings anyway?

You have serious issues if you think judging others is normal.  This ain't got shit to do with liberal media, I was raised to not be a judgmental asshole.  If you don't like what I'm wearing, turn your judgmental eyeballs in another direction.  I fail to see how this is complicated, unless you get off on tossing your self-righteous opinion around in public, as if anyone cares.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Because they never had a 'real' parent to slap the piss outta them and tell them to get dressed....
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, we don't all judge. That's your character flaw, not mine.

You can judge, and I can tell you to fuck off. It's beautiful.

You have serious issues if you think judging others is normal. This ain't got shit to do with liberal media, I was raised to not be a judgmental asshole. If you don't like what I'm wearing, turn your judgmental eyeballs in another direction. I fail to see how this is complicated, unless you get off on tossing your self-righteous opinion around in public, as if anyone cares.

Ask me for a job.....I dare ya....

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have serious issues if you think judging others is normal.  This ain't got shit to do with liberal media, I was raised to not be a judgmental asshole.  If you don't like what I'm wearing, turn your judgmental eyeballs in another direction.  I fail to see how this is complicated, unless you get off on tossing your self-righteous opinion around in public, as if anyone cares.

You have serious issues if you take no pride in yourself or your appearance. In this instance it appears you were raised not to have self-respect.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#30]
So...??

Are we now gonna wear our P-Jamies to the next GunShow??

is that gonna be the next gunShow fad??
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hey, I don't criticize your clothes man.  

Neither do I generally but at some point you have to wonder about people, I've seen grown women shopping in footie pajamas.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I've seen grown women shopping in footie pajamas.

Sexy

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I don't do it. I'm far too conventional and dignified. I see people who do, as more free than I am. I wish I could be more like them. I just don't have it in me.  

Same here. As soon as I get up, its in the bathroom to shit, shower and shave. It wasn't until the last couple of years that I could actually sleep in past 7 AM.

My father would beat me if I ever went out of the house like that and I'm 53.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have serious issues if you think judging others is normal. This ain't got shit to do with liberal media, I was raised to not be a judgmental asshole. If you don't like what I'm wearing, turn your judgmental eyeballs in another direction. I fail to see how this is complicated, unless you get off on tossing your self-righteous opinion around in public, as if anyone cares.

I don't know about yours, but my employer doesn't give a damn how I dress when I'm not at work.  You feel free to spike your hair, use your Axe body spray, and whatever else it is you do when you hit the supermarket.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have serious issues if you take no pride in yourself or your appearance. In this instance it appears you were raised not to have self-respect.

So, you set the standard for all this?  Then by all means...please inform us, Captain of the Fashion police, how you dress when you pick up milk so we can all run out and pick some of these fine threads up.

I haven't heard anything so vain in quite a while...thanks for the laugh.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about yours, but my employer doesn't give a damn how I dress when I'm not at work
.  You feel free to spike your hair, spray cologne, and whatever else it is you do when you hit the supermarket.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you set the standard for all this?  Then by all means...please inform us, Captain of the Fashion police, how you dress when you pick up milk so we can all run out and pick some of these fine threads up.

Well, we can't all work at McDonalds bud. How do I dress when I pick up milk? Well I don't dress like someone who is about to pay with a welfare card. But hey, keep fighting for the right to wear you some Dora the Explorer PJ's and bunny slippers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about yours, but my employer doesn't give a damn how I dress when I'm not at work
.  You feel free to spike your hair, spray cologne, and whatever else it is you do when you hit the supermarket.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, we can't all work at McDonalds bud. How do I dress when I pick up milk? Well I don't dress like someone who is about to pay with a welfare card. But hey, keep fighting for the right to wear you some Dora the Explorer PJ's and bunny slippers.

I don't see how you even fit in a supermarket while riding that high horse.  I there a special door you go in?  
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've seen grown women shopping in footie pajamas.

Sexy

not this one

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:00:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see how you even fit in a supermarket while riding that high horse.  I there a special door you go in?  

What are you, 12? The special door I go in through is the "grown ups" door. Maybe one day you can use it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Just because you are free to do something doesn't mean it is right to do that thing, that you should do that thing, or that you have a right to be free from criticism or social stigma for your choices.  Going out in underwear/night clothes demonstrates a lack of class and decorum.  It is inappropriate and is rightly condemned.  To say that is not the same as saying we need to pass a law prohibiting such activity, though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]
People that dress like Scum should be Treated as Scum...
Most Americans are Scum––or at Least act as Scum.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't know! I've been seeing that lately too.

If that's the new thing, I wonder if I could get away with grocery shopping with just a towel around my waist...
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm not wearing a wristwatch either.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you, 12? The special door I go in through is the "grown ups" door. Maybe one day you can use it.

It must be pretty stressful having to walk around putting up with people who don't dress or think like you do.  Maybe longer work hours, or maybe home delivery of your groceries would lessen the chances of seeing somebody at the store in their pajamas?  Just trying to help keep you from having a nervous breakdown man.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It must be pretty stressful having to walk around putting up with people who don't dress or think like you do.  Maybe longer work hours, or maybe home delivery of your groceries would lessen the chances of seeing somebody at the store in their pajamas?  Just trying to help keep you from having a nervous breakdown man.

Dude, you've been owned. Just let it go before everyone makes you look even more immature.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you've been owned. Just let it go before everyone makes you look even more immature.

Now you're owning people by setting dress standards?  This is epic!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

. You feel free to spike your hair, spray cologne, and whatever else it is you do when you hit the supermarket.
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you set the standard for all this? Then by all means...please inform us, Captain of the Fashion police, how you dress when you pick up milk so we can all run out and pick some of these fine threads up.

I don't see how you even fit in a supermarket while riding that high horse. I there a special door you go in?

I, personally, don't go to the supermrket....I have people to do that mundane shit. I'm usually busy negotiatig multi-million dollar Oil & Gas deals. Yeah....the seven & eight zeros kind. If you'd rather suck your thumb and debate going out in public in your undies....please feel free...but you'll always rate a sub-standard wage in a world where the sky's the limit.

Rock on, dude....

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:19:29 PM EDT
[#48]
In before they ask which way you wear your belt.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

. You feel free to spike your hair, spray cologne, and whatever else it is you do when you hit the supermarket.
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you set the standard for all this? Then by all means...please inform us, Captain of the Fashion police, how you dress when you pick up milk so we can all run out and pick some of these fine threads up.

I don't see how you even fit in a supermarket while riding that high horse. I there a special door you go in?

I, personally, don't go to the supermrket....I have people to do that mundane shit. I'm usually busy negotiatig multi-million dollar Oil & Gas deals. Yeah....the seven & eight zeros kind. If you'd rather suck your thumb and debate going out in public in your undies....please feel free...but you'll always rate a sub-standard wage in a world where the sky's the limit.

Rock on, dude....

That right there is the most douchetastic response I've ever read on this site.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock on, dude....

Personally, I can't remember ever going anywhere in my pajamas.  This was about me not really caring if anybody else does...apparently it almost gives others an aneurism though, which I find hilarious beyond belief.  I have much more important things to worry about than dress codes in a supermarket, but that's just me.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top