Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The water above could have been in the form of ice.  That would allow the air pressure to be twice what it is now, a fact backed up by air pockets in amber.  Hyperbaric pressure is used to treat all manner of injuries/diseases and under two atmospheres of pressure plants grow to the size we find in the fossil record.  The true greenhouse effect from this would also account for Mammoths and cammels, both warm weather animals, at the north pole and palm trees under the ice at the south.  Planerench out.
View Quote

"Shaa... and monkeys might fly out of my butt!"

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe the Earth went around the Sun 10 or 12 times faster back in the day![;D]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#3]
It is my understanding that all mammals live, on average, for about the same number of heartbeats. Consequently if, IF, we could replicate the conditions on earth before the flood that would result in a 900 lifespan for humans, then the mammalian world would overpopulate the globe within a year or so.

The again, if we did replicate those conditions, there would be another flood!

Just think what it would do for BeachCraft stock!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
One other point for the Noah theory from me!

Oh ye of little faith...

[soapbox]

BTW- This is a hit and run.  I will not return to this topic to defend my position or to convince others of my view.  Your mind is already made up.  Posting it here only allows you to vent this fact.  God bless you in your search for the truth.

Bozz
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
None so blind as those who will not see.

G-MAN your my hero!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Yogurt?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The oxygen theory is bogus. A minor shift in our oxyges a few points up would make fires uncontrolable, a few points doen and nothing would burn.
View Quote

No matter how high the oxygen content is, a fire is only "uncontrollable" until it runs out of fuel. [:)]

Geological evidence suggests that the atmosphere in the Carboniferous age had an oxygen content of over 30% compared to today's 21%.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#8]
[URL]http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp[/URL]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The water above could have been in the form of ice.  That would allow the air pressure to be twice what it is now, a fact backed up by air pockets in amber.  Hyperbaric pressure is used to treat all manner of injuries/diseases and under two atmospheres of pressure plants grow to the size we find in the fossil record.  The true greenhouse effect from this would also account for Mammoths and cammels, both warm weather animals, at the north pole and palm trees under the ice at the south.  Planerench out.
View Quote

An easier explanation of why frozen Mammoths have been found with undigested buttercups, a flower that only blooms in the Spring, in their mouths and digestive tracts would be...the entire Earth's crust shifted at once due to the weight of the build up of ice at the polar caps.  Thus swinging temperate climates north by as much as 12 degrees in a matter of days, and causing a mass starvation as the newly emerging plants fell into a permanent Winter and the herds starved before they could migrate to a warmer region.  It also lends to an explination as to why some South American temples, built with stones weighing up to 20 tons, fit to tolerances of a few thousands of an inch, are now 12 degrees out of alignment with the Summer and Winter Solstices.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ahhh...so not only did the physics of man's aging process change at the time of the great flood, but the physics of the evaporation/precipitation process magically come to life at the same time.  

I'm still waiting for the answer as to how we have so many different races when only Noah and his wife (family?) were on the boat.

Could it beeeeeee....SATAN (g).
- Anarki
View Quote

its a scientific fact that all dog sub-species came from wolves. each person contains enough genetic material to produce any human variance.

evolva lib
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
...i thought gravity played the largest role in the aging process.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
its a scientific fact that all dog sub-species came from wolves. each person contains enough genetic material to produce any human variance.
View Quote

But not in just a couple thousand years.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The same reason characters in comic strips never get any older.  If you like this discussion go to glocktalk.com and ask in the religion forum how old the world is.  You will be amazed what people will call science in order to prove something that they [b]Really[/b] want to believe.

Talon_G32
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Maybe the term "year" had a different meaning in pre-flood times.  Before the flood a "year" could have  meant a timespan something closer to a "month" back in those days.  900 months = 75 yrs (current avg. lifespan) and after flood, the meaning of the word may have changed.
View Quote

does that mean a "day" could have meant something different too?

as for the spiracle thing, i was thinking along the same lines too, until i remembered that giant insecs predate Bibllical humans.  and we're not talking about hundreds of thousands of years ago with these Biblical characters.  it's definitely less than ten thousand years.

another point:  it is known that there were other civilazations co-existing at the same time.  is there any evidence that these people lived as long?  if not, are we to believe that biological and physiological processes worked differently for different humans?  puzzling indeed!

fwiw, there's plenty of evidence for a massive flood in the mid-eastern region that occurred around the time of the Noah story.  i think it's incredily likely that the world-wide flood was a relative thing.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Lets not forget about the cultures from which these stories came. In many ancient records from the middle east there were people who supposedly lived for hundreds, if not thousands of years. One of the Assyrian kings, according to their records lived like 45,000 years. Lots of them lived hundreds or even thousands of years....Much like the people in the Bible...from the same region....and from a similar culture....hmmmm....seems to be a trend.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The oxygen theory is bogus.  A minor shift in our oxyges a few points up would make fires uncontrolable, a few points doen and nothing would burn.
View Quote

Current science has proven that an increases in oxygen [b]and[/b] presser will cause a wound on a human to heal at a noticeable faster rate. If this causes faster healing, and we are born to die, then it would take longer to die.    

Water vapor theory is shot to hell when you look at the meterological effects of that much water in the air.  The inverse lapse rate would precipitate the water out, causing a massive loss of heat and forcing the world into an ice age.
View Quote

This statement is likely to be true [b]if[/b] one were to implement  an viper canopy today. What was the environment like before that vapor (or ice) canopy.
The flying dinosaurs could not fly in today’s environment. They needed a denser air. A canopy would provide this.

Or lack of politicians, I know I would live longer if they weren’t here.

SSD
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok, here is my theory. I am not a expert at anything so here goes. Adam and Eve ate everything that was grown from the earth. That means that they ate fruit and veggies. They ate from the "Tree of Knowledge(Good and Evil)" and were cast out of the Garden West of Eden. The Gods said to keep Adam/Eve from the "Tree of Life" or they would wind up like US. God then taught them to live off the land and fend for themselves. This included the eating of animals.

NO I am NOT a vegetarian nor am I against eating meat.

But there was no mention of them eating animals, fowl or fish. It was not until after they were cast out to fend for themselves that they were allowed to kill and eat animals, fowl and fish and also to clothes themselves with the skins.

They also ate from the "Tree of Knowledge". The "Tree of Life" was barred from all. I think that these are hints on how to live a long life.

Okay now we have a thing called Mad-Cow-Disease. This disease comes from cannibalism. This type of disease is also seen in other animals. Baboons for some reason have eaten their own kind and also get this disease. Some tribes of humans have practiced cannibalism and acquired this disease. Humans have also acquired this disease from eating animals with this disease.

So if eating your own kind will give you this disease and kill you. Then the eating of any meat will also kill you. It just does it a different way. This is what triggers the genenic trigger in our DNA and starts our dying process. The fact that by feeding cattle grains with slaugtered cows and then have the cattle acquire this disease also bypasses barriers in our DNA and triggers our dying process a little earlier.

I think that if were to just eliminate all meats from our diet we could reverse our aging process. It would not do you or me any good, but maybe a thousand years from now our offspring would have a longer lifespan.

Well, what do think?

Yanqui

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#19]
The BS is getting deep in here, I better get started on my arc:-)

Science nerd out...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#20]
By what calendar were they measuring 900 years?  He may have only been 90.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, here is my theory. I am not a expert at anything so here goes. Adam and Eve ate everything that was grown from the earth. That means that they ate fruit and veggies. They ate from the "Tree of Knowledge(Good and Evil)" and were cast out of the Garden West of Eden. The Gods said to keep Adam/Eve from the "Tree of Life" or they would wind up like US. God then taught them to live off the land and fend for themselves. This included the eating of animals.

But there was no mention of them eating animals, fowl or fish. It was not until after they were cast out to fend for themselves that they were allowed to kill and eat animals, fowl and fish and also to clothes themselves with the skins. Animals were then as they are now. They were born and died. Some were eaten by others. Man was not part of that cycle until they were cast out. Animals were ment to have ashort lifespan. Man was not.

They also ate from the "Tree of Knowledge". The "Tree of Life" was barred from all. I think that these are hints on how to live a long life.

Okay now we have a thing called Mad-Cow-Disease. This disease comes from cannibalism. This type of disease is also seen in other animals. Baboons for some reason have eaten their own kind and also get this disease. Some tribes of humans have practiced cannibalism and acquired this disease. Humans have also acquired this disease from eating animals with this disease.

So if eating your own kind will give you this disease and kill you. Then the eating of any meat will also kill you. It just does it a different way. This is what triggers the genenic trigger in our DNA and starts our dying process. The fact that by feeding cattle grains with slaugtered cows and then have the cattle acquire this disease also bypasses barriers in our DNA and triggers our dying process a little earlier.

I think that if were to just eliminate all meats from our diet we could reverse our aging process. It would not do you or me any good, but maybe a thousand years from now our offspring would have a longer lifespan.

Well, what do think?

Yanqui

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But there was no mention of them eating animals, fowl or fish. It was not until after they were cast out to fend for themselves that they were allowed to kill and eat animals, fowl and fish and also to clothes themselves with the skins.

Well, what do think?

Yanqui

View Quote

I think I'd rather die young than go through life with the Broccoli Farts. (capitalized because they deserve it)
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Some people should read thier bible a little closer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

No, Seriously.  Michael Jackson is sleeping in one of those hyperbaric chambers.  And he's looking really good too.  I think he might actually make it to his 200th birthday.  I mean, do you know ANYONE who looks more healthy than Michael Jackson? [:D]

[img]http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1057117.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#25]
They ate massive amounts of fruits and nuts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ahhh...so not only did the physics of man's aging process change at the time of the great flood, but the physics of the evaporation/precipitation process magically come to life at the same time.  

I'm still waiting for the answer as to how we have so many different races when only Noah and his wife (family?) were on the boat.

Could it beeeeeee....SATAN (g).
- Anarki
View Quote

But you forget, he had his sons on board with him, and they had [b]wives[/b] of which not much was said (at least their pigmentation wasn't discussed).  So the various peoples of the earth [i]could[/i] have been produced by this small group of people...

But like someone all ready said - ya gotta have faith
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
  If these individuals lived 900+ years is to be taken as truth. Then every other living thing during the same time would also have an extended life span. Correct?
View Quote

Why should this necessarily be?

In other words, where are the skeletons of these 900+ year old animals? Where are the 900+ year old plants and tree's?
View Quote

Well, check out the age of the tree "Methuselah"
[url]http://www.amwest-travel.com/awt_bristle.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Well, what do think?
View Quote

If prions acquired by eating other animals were the cause of aging, then why isn't there a significant difference in lifespan between herbivores and carnivores?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

No, Seriously.  Michael Jackson is sleeping in one of those hyperbaric chambers.  And he's looking really good too.  I think he might actually make it to his 200th birthday.  I mean, do you know ANYONE who looks more healthy than Michael Jackson? [:D]

[img]http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1057117.jpg[/img]

View Quote

Ewww! Is that one of the flying monkeys?

Looks so much like this:

[img]http://www.retrocrush.com/monsters/flyingmonkey4.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Baby Jessica who fell into a well ten years ago was in danger of having her legs amputated due to lack of circulation.  After a hyperbaric treatment only one toe was unable to be restored to normal.  Under double pressure of CO2 plants grow to enormous size and produce much more fruit.  Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So if eating your own kind will give you this disease and kill you. Then the eating of any meat will also kill you. It just does it a different way.Well, what do think?

Yanqui

View Quote

I think that is a really poor scientific theory.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#32]
OK, now I am scared! Based on the theory of the oxygen rich enviornment making one live longer now we will all have to deal with Michael Jackson's 100th Anniversary on TV!

DAMMIT! DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Scientific theory. Is this like saying military intelligence?

Yanqui
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#34]
It's because the world was infected with the Metavirus.  Go read [u]Snow Crash[/u] by Neal Stephenson for more detail. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You know -

Its FUN to watch the SAME people who whine and cry about Clinton, Schumer, Lautenberg, Glendenning et al mocking their interpretation of the Second Amendment come in here and mock my (and others) interpretation of Scriptural / world views. Especially when they supposedly SHARE the SAME interpretation of the Second Amendment as I do. Go figger.

Careful - your "tolerance" is showing. Or is that your hypocrisy i see???

[}:D]

Ahhhh, why bother??? Let them mock that which they don't like.

View Quote

Yeah.  So, back to the original question...you got an answer?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#36]
It is a perception issue.  He did not live longer, the earth spun faster in those days.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#37]
It's just a lie, that's all.  Perhaps a lie told with a moral or ethical purpose, but it's still a lie.  A fairy tale.  A figment of someone's individual (and now collective) imagination.  What's so hard to figure out about that?  

duh!
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#38]
So if I just stay out of the UVs I'll live to be 900 years old?
How about that!
The only way this won't work, is if over the years, since Noah, Man has changed and adapted to the new atmosphere/UV situation....
...Uh oh! That would be Evolution!

Noah and his Ark then vanished in a puff of logic...

.....pooof!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Because the Universe was created in seven days?
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:17:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Could it be that it was decided by Yahweh himself?! Here's your answer....It was simply a command decision by him. Had nothing to do with UV light, human diet, atomic mass, price of tea in china or hocus pocus.

[red]Genisis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.[/red]
How could he allow a wicked generation such as that to live that long?  This generation is not to far behind!

[red]Matt 24:37-38 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;[/red]

[red] 2 Peter 3:3-7 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this [size=3]they willingly are ignorant of[/size=3], that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.[/red]

Because of the never ending attempt by man to prove Yahweh doesent exist, the real answer to your question is over looked.  While this thread continues for the faithless to waist their time, some of you who have a little faith can read your Bible for the answer.

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:23:59 AM EDT
[#41]
might have something to do with the fact that the bible is a story. as in made up, something written to entertain, total BS..etc.
-jay  
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 2:32:04 AM EDT
[#42]
[0:)]

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Speaking of fairy tales, every description of evolution begins just like a star wars movie... Long long ago and far away.... dream on monkey boy.   Planerench out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 4:55:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Speaking of the great flood...  Why didn't the ancient Egyptians make any mention of it?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Speaking of the great flood...  Why didn't the ancient Egyptians make any mention of it?  
View Quote

Because at that time man was of a different  
model.  See Draconians, Reptilians, Aliens;

Also see the Raelian Revolution...

Long, long ago, a race of intelligent reptilians achieved ascendancy in a system of stars that collectively came to be known by Earth men as Draco (the Dragon). The origins of these ferocious beings were shrouded in mystery; some speculating that they were deposited here by a race from another universe. The Draconians have remained a very insular people, preferring to keep to themselves. They have minimal interactions with other species, usually also reptilian.

The Reptiles have two other major subraces.  They are known as the Winged Serpents (Snakes) and the Lizards called by some, the Lizzies.

The Illuminati, the clique which control the direction of the world, are genetic hybrids, the result of interbreeding between a reptilian extraterrestrial race and humanity many thousands of years ago. The centre of power is not even in this dimension -- it is in the lower fourth dimension, the lower astral as many people call it, the traditional home for the "demons" of folklore and myth. These fourth-dimensional reptilian entities work through these hybrid bloodlines because they have a vibrational compatibility with each other. This is why the European royal and aristocratic families have interbred so obsessively, as do the so-called Eastern Establishment families of the United States, which produce the leaders of America. Every presidential election since and including George Washington in 1789 has been won by the candidate with the most European royal genes. Of the 42 presidents to Bill Clinton, 33 have been genetically related to two people, Alfred the Great, King of England, and Charlemagne, the most famous monarch of what we now call France. It is the same wherever you look in the positions of power... they are the same tribe!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:39:33 AM EDT
[#46]
KIDDING

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#47]
My highschool religon teacher (also known as Profesor Emeritus David Hoff of Emory University) is an expert on Judeo-Christian oral tradition.
His explanation was that these stories were handed down by the campfire over thousands of years and are likewise embellished.  

However, his belief is that the ancients had a real fascination with large quantities and counting.  If someone could count high or had enough of something of value that it required counting high (high might just be from less than 100 to about 1000)- that would give that person a real mystique.  If someone had 300 shamans, this meant not only did he have alot of things, but God blessed him with bounty.  This quantity of nice things would transcend its strict meaning and would also be a measure of his honor, faith, work ethic, etc....  A way to quantify a person's faith and closeness to God would to count his years as a blessing for being rightous. As the stories were handed down, the person's reputation did not waiver from their relative rightousness, but the manner in which it was described(in life years) did.  Hence, the faithful from the first five books of the Old Testament have their level of faith relativey quantified by stated age.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Speaking of fairy tales, every description of evolution begins just like a star wars movie... Long long ago and far away.... dream on monkey boy.   Planerench out.
View Quote

"Willingly ignorant ie. dumb on purpose."

Couldn't have said it better myself!  [}:)]

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Speaking of fairy tales, every description of evolution begins just like a star wars movie... Long long ago and far away....
View Quote

Well, no, it doesn't.  Every description of evolution begins with fairly precise terms and precise time periods.  It's Creationists who can't seem to understand scientific precision and would like scientists, when faced with evidence of evolution, to throw up their hands, close their eyes and chant "God did it, so this can't be true!"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top