[#1]
[b]Why can't white people dance????[/b]

Because they're stupid?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Your Browning HP looks just like my brother-in-law's. He's a good dancer, but he's hispanic.

I'm white, and I'm a pretty marginal dancer, but I'm damn good at math.
View Quote

?????

Hey, wait a minute!  Your brother-in-law has a BHP, dances well, and is a Hispanic?  Wow, he's just like me! I see a freaking pattern here!  Oh yeah, my math isn't that great, either.  Although, my girlfriend who is also Hispanic knows how to do calculus...hmm, maybe she isn't Hispanic afterall?

[wave]

View Quote

My wife is hispanic, and she knows calculus (and she has an EE degree).
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
]

Your Browning HP looks just like my brother-in-law's. He's a good dancer, but he's hispanic.

I'm white, and I'm a pretty marginal dancer, but I'm damn good at math.
View Quote

?????

Hey, wait a minute!  Your brother-in-law has a BHP, dances well, and is a Hispanic?  Wow, he's just like me! I see a freaking pattern here!  Oh yeah, my math isn't that great, either.  Although, my girlfriend who is also Hispanic knows how to do calculus...hmm, maybe she isn't Hispanic afterall?

[wave]

View Quote

My wife is hispanic, and she knows calculus (and she has an EE degree).
View Quote

What does calculus have to do with dancing?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Dancing is BIG TIME GAY.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's what you use to calculate rhythm.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
In my opinion, it doesn't matter what color you are you still look ridiculous.  Even professional dancers look silly.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-017.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-020.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-018.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dancing is BIG TIME GAY.
View Quote

Two left feet, huh?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
If this topic would have said why cant black people [insert quote]. BeeKeeper1 would have brought down the IRON FIST that he rules with and locked this topic down. So what gives?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:34:09 PM EDT
[#11]
White people can't dance because
We are too busy working!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Since I wasn't the one who brought up calculus (or math or dancing, for that matter) you will have to ask someone else.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#13]
We only dance in bed. Not on the dance floor. in and out, in and out....
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish I could dance [:(]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Jezz don't say that to Leo Sayer or Sawyer Brown,you might hurt there no-dancing asses!

Bob [:D] [headbang]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#16]
wetidlerjr  
Why can't white people dance????

Because they're stupid?  
View Quote

who the fuck are you? micheal lardass moore?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
men dance like they fuck and every woman knows it.
View Quote

I've heard that BS before, if a woman wants to see how my body moves in bed I can think of more productive ways to show her.

Besides, dancing just means you have that much less energy for the sex once you get home.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So, all white kids know how to ride a horse?

C'mon, SteyrAug, the dancing thing is a sweeping generalization and so is the horse riding thing.

I think that Blacks have mo' betta rythym because their history here in America shows that they sang and danced A LOT to deal with being slaves and the F'ed situation they had to deal with at the time.  So, yes, I guess you can say that they did give dancing, music, and singing more attention because it was an outlet.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that a Black person could pick up square dancing quicker than a white person could pick up dancing something else...don't you think?
View Quote

What a load a shit.

I know as many black people who CAN'T dance (or even worse think they can and really can't) as I do white people who CAN dance. And I know a lot in both groups.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:49:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, all white kids know how to ride a horse?

C'mon, SteyrAug, the dancing thing is a sweeping generalization and so is the horse riding thing.

I think that Blacks have mo' betta rythym because their history here in America shows that they sang and danced A LOT to deal with being slaves and the F'ed situation they had to deal with at the time.  So, yes, I guess you can say that they did give dancing, music, and singing more attention because it was an outlet.

Oh, I'm pretty sure that a Black person could pick up square dancing quicker than a white person could pick up dancing something else...don't you think?
View Quote

What a load a shit.

I know as many black people who CAN'T dance (or even worse think they can and really can't) as I do white people who CAN dance. And I know a lot in both groups.
View Quote

I was wondering when you were going to reply, SteyrAug.

Yes, it's true that NOT ALL BLACK people can dance.  

Hey, have you noticed that the minute someone makes a big generalization about white folks (in this case dancing) some people get really, really mad?  Have you noticed that?  But these same people seem to be okay whenever someone states [insert race here] are a bunch of lazy no-good, welfare check collecting, illiterate, unpatriotic, SOB's?

Just an observation.

For the record, I'm cool with pretty much everybody.  I hope I'm not coming across as being hung up on race, but I not that naieve that racism doesn't exist. Hell, I'm Mexcican, and I've had my share of bad experineces with racist bastards.  Well, actually American, but, of course, everyone sees my ethnicity FIRST before thinking I'm American.  Something that was ILLUSTRATED TO ME AT THE GUN SHOP I JUST CAME FROM, WHERE I WAS KINDA DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.  I'll tell you guys the story in a minute and you guys tell me what you think about what happened.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Okay, here's the story.  Let me know what you guys think:

So, I get out of my ERF 220 class (research methods) early.  I decide to use my time wisely and go price check a Colt .45 and a Glock 26.  I make my way to a certain sporting goods store that has a big selection of pistols, but they kinda have a big mark-up.

I walk in with note pad and pen in hand to jot down the prices, so I can compare them later to prices on the NET and to other gun shops.  I'm dressed casually with some khaki cargo shorts, a red Tommy Hilfiger polo shirt, some white K-SWISS shoes, and a nice stainless steel Fossil watch to round out my attire.  The look is preppy and clean cut, definitely not gangsta (I am Mexican so you know if wearing anything baggy, yep, I'm a gangsta!).  Plus, I'm light skinned, another plus against stereotyping.

I approach the counter and immediately find the parkerized Colt .45 (1991A1) going for, gulp, $650 and the Glock 26 going for $630.  I stand around a bit more looking at the other guns in the case waiting for the clerk to finish up with the guy he's helping out.  There's another guy on the phone, but after he finishes his conversation he slips into the back.  Patiently I wait.

By the way, all the guys are white; the customer and the two clerks.  No big deal though, that doesn't mean anything, right?  Right.

So, the clerk finishes with the guy whom he was helping to select .22 ammo.  The customer says thanks and off he goes.  The store clerk looks in my direction, starts to walk and says, "How can I help you?" I'm about to ask if I can please see the Colt when he walks past me and starts talking to another customer who just came.  What the...?  Uh, didn't he see me waiting?  Do I look like a dirtbag or something.  I'm, like, okay, whatever.  Maybe the guy in the back will come out and he'll help me.  Yep, the guy in the back come out, but he doesn't say anything and goes to the fishing section of the store.  Hmmm...I guess I'm invisible.

All the while I'm also waiting on my girlfriend who is supposed to meet me at the store, becuase she wants to check out a gun, too.  I told her to meet me there after she got out of her evening class.  She's about 5'4", 125, nice build and looks white, but mind you she's Mexican, too.  There's a lot of Spanish blood in her family, so she's REALLY fair.

So, I'm standing at one end of the counter and I see her approaching from the far side.  The clerk is done with the customer he helped before me.  He sees my girlfriend and says in warm and friendly voice, "Hi! How can I help you?"  I quickly call her name and say, "Blanca, here's the gun your looking for."  The guy looks at me and says, "Oh," like he's disappointed or something.  Now, this is starting to suck, cuz everyone is being helped but me.

We look at the guns she's interested in, a SIG p239, jot down the price and exit the store.  I just couldn't stand being in there anymore.

The store has a bit of a history of being kinda discriminatory, but since they have the largest selection of guns it's kinda hard not to go in there.

I have been there 3-4 times, and I have only been helped in courteous manner ONCE.  The other times it seems like the clerks don't really want to help me, but they sure seem chipper when it's a white customer.

Crazy bastards.  If they only knew I worked for the probation department, I wonder if that would change their attitude.  Obviously they have something against my ethnicity.  Like I stated before, I'm an American, but all they see is my ethnicity.  

Why did I post this story?  I don't know...maybe it's because I want some of you guys to think twice before you judge people based on ethnicity.  I try not to, because I know what it feels like to be prejudged.

Oh yeah, those bastards will never see a dime of my money...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Okay, here's the story.  Let me know what you guys think:

[red]Story sniped[/red]
View Quote

Assholes in retail exist everywhere.  The only recourse you have is not to shop there and to tell everyone you meet not to shop there.  There are plenty of gun stores around that are willing to help out and sell to just about anyone that walks in the door.

I base my opinion on a person by how they act not by how they dress or what color skin they have.  It doesn't make me racist that I don't like to be around people that have a certain behavior or have interests that aren't like mine.

It doesn't help your cause when people from an ethnic background have chips on their shoulders and make sure every white person knows it.  I have NEVER tried to make someone that wasn't white feel uncomfortable simply because they are not white.  Yet, that has happened more times than I can count to me.  Assholes come in all colors and so do cool people.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#22]
stereotypes....i find this funny..but the answer is obvious...what YOU call "dancing" and what i call dancing are two different things. different culture, different dance styles....black and white stereotypes...thats all that boils down to...whites cant dance or jump...blacks cant swim and are always cold and have the heater on full blast....blah blah blah. think before you speak.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:42:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was wondering when you were going to reply, SteyrAug.

Yes, it's true that NOT ALL BLACK people can dance.  

Hey, have you noticed that the minute someone makes a big generalization about white folks (in this case dancing) some people get really, really mad?  Have you noticed that?  But these same people seem to be okay whenever someone states [insert race here] are a bunch of lazy no-good, welfare check collecting, illiterate, unpatriotic, SOB's?

Just an observation.

For the record, I'm cool with pretty much everybody.  I hope I'm not coming across as being hung up on race, but I not that naieve that racism doesn't exist. Hell, I'm Mexcican, and I've had my share of bad experineces with racist bastards.  Well, actually American, but, of course, everyone sees my ethnicity FIRST before thinking I'm American.  Something that was ILLUSTRATED TO ME AT THE GUN SHOP I JUST CAME FROM, WHERE I WAS KINDA DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.  I'll tell you guys the story in a minute and you guys tell me what you think about what happened.
View Quote

Man you got the wrong tree.

Please show me where I ever said "all black people..."

Now I am very critical of certain types of [insert race here] but if you made that [insert race here] "white people" and they did fit the bill then so be it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I approach the counter and immediately find the parkerized Colt .45 (1991A1) going for, gulp, $650 and the Glock 26 going for $630.  
View Quote

I found the problem. Has NOTHING to do with race.

Just looked up the Colt 1991A1 and average dealer price (NOT RETAIL BUT DEALER) is $500.00 + s/h. Keep in mind all handgun must go 2nd day air which is about $40. So total cost to dealer is $540.00 or so which means he stands to make a total profit of $90.00 or 16% which you seem to find outrageous.

The problem isn't your race, it is you are a cheap bastard.[;)]

If you are balking at 16% markup and comparing discount retail (yes those are discounted prices Colt retails that thing for almost $900) to internet "dealer only/wholesale" prices I probably would not waste my time with you either.

You are the reason they invented Wal Mart.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I hate Hilfiger, and would ignore you also.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I approach the counter and immediately find the parkerized Colt .45 (1991A1) going for, gulp, $650 and the Glock 26 going for $630.  
View Quote

I found the problem. Has NOTHING to do with race.

Just looked up the Colt 1991A1 and average dealer price (NOT RETAIL BUT DEALER) is $500.00 + s/h. Keep in mind all handgun must go 2nd day air which is about $40. So total cost to dealer is $540.00 or so which means he stands to make a total profit of $90.00 or 16% which you seem to find outrageous.

The problem isn't your race, it is you are a cheap bastard.[;)]

If you are balking at 16% markup and comparing discount retail (yes those are discounted prices Colt retails that thing for almost $900) to internet "dealer only/wholesale" prices I probably would not waste my time with you either.

You are the reason they invented Wal Mart.
View Quote

Wait a minute, I typed in the wrong prices:  

Colt 1991a1: $695.95
Glock 26:    $641.95

Hey, what's wrong with getting a deal?  Cheap?  Nah, not when it comes to buying firearms, but if I will look around trying to find the best price...wouldn't you.

Hey, SteyrAug, even when you crack jokes you still come out sounding, um, intense, at least I think you were trying to be funny, right? LOL.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hate Hilfiger, and would ignore you also.
View Quote

Thanks, Rod.  And by that statement I don't think I'd mind one bit.  Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I keep seeing all kinds of post on,"why black people can't,,,,,,,?" I do have a question for you guys.

Some white people have no ability to dance,,I mean they cannot even tap their feet in time with music. What's up with that?

I went to a local bar Friday night and it looked like people having siezures on the dance floor.  Nothing like burly women jiggling to make drinking fun.

View Quote

Simply stated......our cocks get in the way!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hey, what's wrong with getting a deal?  Cheap?  Nah, not when it comes to buying firearms, but if I will look around trying to find the best price...wouldn't you.

Hey, SteyrAug, even when you crack jokes you still come out sounding, um, intense, at least I think you were trying to be funny, right? LOL.
View Quote

That does it I'm coming over there.

Yes I'm joking. Coming off "intense" stems from usually being right. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#30]
One time a friend of mine (of the darker ethnicity) asked me to go shoot some one-on-one basketball with him.  I tried to tell him no because I've never really liked the game, but he really wanted somebody to play with and he talked me into hitting the court.

Within a couple minutes he's shaking his head telling me I have white man's disease.  I hadn't heard that before and thought it was hilarious- I was laughing so hard.  Most of us take this racial stuff too seriously.  Lighten up!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Come to think of it, I know lots and lots of white guys and gals who can dance and ...  three(?) black guys or gals who can dance.  Lots of asians and hispanics, too.

And yes, I'll admit, I'm one of them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That does it I'm coming over there.

Yes I'm joking. Coming off "intense" stems from usually being right. [:D]
View Quote

Hey, so the price above for the Colt is a decent price or what?  Or do you think this cheap bastard can find a better deal? [;)]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top