Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Because they know that the terrorists, who represent Islamic fundementalists, are going to stay.  They have the support of the people.  If they didn't, they couldn't survive.  The country has a majority of muslims.  They do not want a democracy because it is contrary to their beliefs.  

I'm not talking about moderate muslims.  I'm talking about the extremists which appear to be in the majority. Actually, the insurgents are a very small minority. But all they need to d ois set off a bomb and they have the world's attention.

For those who would flame me, I would like to point out that terrorists need food, money, transportation, weapons, ammunition and explosives.  They also need to keep their identities from the coalition.  They require places to hide and conceal all their equipment.  They continue to bomb almost at will and coordinate their attacks to demonstrate that they are organized.  I have heard of no instances where an Iraqi has warned any U.S. serviceman or woman about an IED they saw planted.  I have heard of no instance where they have identified anyone who planted an IED. I have. You just don't have access to anything but the popular press.They are in the business of selling news, not reporting facts.  They have an almost infinite supply of soldiers because other muslim countries constantly denounce the U.S. and inflame young men into joining the fight against us.  Whenever we do make some progress, the Iraqi government steps in and stalls our progress.  When we found out where Al-Sadr was, we should have flattened the place.  You can hardly spit over there without hitting something that is the holiest of holy sites.  They didn't say shit when Saddam destroyed a mosque.  We cannot kill all of them without going medievil.  We will not do that.  We went in to depose Saddam Hussein.  We did that.  It's time to leave.  All of the people in Iraq together are not worth one G.I. or Marine.  Not one.  

If we want to win, we need to stage public executions of captured terrorists.  We should cut a few things off first because they believe they will go to heaven without any part that is cut off.  Then we need to clearly demonstrate dipping the bullets in pig blood before shooting them.  I guarantee that will get their attention.  When we locate a nest of terrorists, we need to make it a parking lot.  American jets, tanks and artillery units repeatedly have targeted al-Zarqawi's network in Fallujah in recent weeks as U.S.-led forces seek to assert control over insurgent enclaves ahead of elections slated for January. The military says the attacks have inflicted significant damage on the network, which has claimed responsibility for a series of bombings, kidnappings and other attacks.
Any survivors should be humiliated in front of the public and then executed.  We are not fighting the war as aggressively as they are and it is not the way to win.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Follow the sequence -

1. Iraqis line up to serve in police, Iraqi Natl Guard, security forces.

2. Terrorists car bomb those lined up, killing dozens

3. More Iraqis line up to serve in police, Iraqi Natl Guard, security forces.

4.Terrorists car bomb those lined up, killing dozens

5. More Iraqis line up to serve in police, Iraqi Natl Guard, security forces.

6. Repeat

7. Repeat

8. Repeat

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????

Jeez, some people are incapable of the SIMPLEST of observation and logic.

No to mention, most of our intel comes FROM Iraqis.

I would think gun owners would be more critical of a biased media.

I think this marks the SECOND time I have agreed with garandman!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So after this attack they decide to do a Battalion Size attack to take back Summara (If I spelt it right)
This just in 6PM EST. Why all of a sudden do they decide to do this a couple of hours before the Debate begins?
Is this just a Bush Ploy?
Yea I understand about the time differance, but now everyone is pissed because 30 or more children are injured and shown on CNN.
I support our troops 100% if not more, but I do not understand this political manuver. You know some how in the debate this is going to be thrown in.
Why yes Mr Kerry we are defending and making head way. After all we are having the biggest campaign since the war began to make Summara safer for the people. Of course this is a Iraqi military movement with US forces has back up. GIVE ME A BREAK.
Until this minute I was backing this war, but this just made me wonder what the F--- is going on. All of a sudden they are pissed and need to do something. I will say it again right before the debate....Give me a break
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Eventually there will be enough Iraqi troops that if need be we will just roadblock every artery in the country and not let people pass from provence to province without being searched.  Right now there is not.

Will the moralizers still be able to claim that they "freed" the Iraqis once we set up an effective police state?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#5]
cause they hate us more than the terrorists
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Well hopefully I am wrong about yesterday and why they attacked Summara..Not a word in the debate about it and it was not a #1 news item. Guess that was because of the debates, but mostly because things went ok there. So far only one American dead (which is to much) but over 100 Insurgents dead. Don't know how many Civies or that includes them.
I hate to be so paranoid about this and tie a Battle to Elections over here. Sort of like Dogs of War syndrome for me. Maybe this is being done to clean up for elections over there in January. So they could get people to go out and vote. Maybe they realize that this is Terrorism to their own. That these A-wipes don't care about them.
All I want is my friends back home and families back together. I just wish these people will be able to defend their own land and get FREEDOM. I was really up-set last night because I felt it was a ploy. I hope I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think this marks the SECOND time I have agreed with garandman!

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top