BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:59:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Make a reliable modern featured handgun and sell it for $200 watch how fast Uncle Sam

Kel-Tec?  Bersa?  Taurus?  Rossi?  Granted these aren't the best of the handgun world, but neither is Mossberg.  There are options out there... hell, it's a lot harder to find a usable $200 centerfire semi-auto rifle than a centerfire semi-auto pistol... unless you count surplus.

Wheelguns that break, a south American Walther/makarov knockoff, and a last resort pocket gun.  Perhaps I should have clarified making a $200 gun comparable to a Glock, CZ, HK, or Sig.  It has been done before actually, it was called the HS2000.  Iencourage you to look it up, as it flatly drives home the point you edited out of my original post.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It aggravates me to no end when people make this association that CNC = Quality or higher quality.

That's simply untrue.  CNC offers repeatability within a certain tolerance zone, that does not equal quality in any sense of the word.  Generally CNC means low wage button mashers hitting "cycle start" and loading parts with a minimal amount of training in inspection and machining practices.

Make anything on a CNC, any CNC, and it can be made to a higher degree of accuracy by a skilled tradesmen with manual machines.

CNC = production at a level of quality perceived to be sufficient, at a cost savings on labor and run time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Make a reliable modern featured handgun and sell it for $200 watch how fast Uncle Sam

Kel-Tec?  Bersa?  Taurus?  Rossi?  Granted these aren't the best of the handgun world, but neither is Mossberg.  There are options out there... hell, it's a lot harder to find a usable $200 centerfire semi-auto rifle than a centerfire semi-auto pistol... unless you count surplus.

Wheelguns that break, a south American Walther/makarov knockoff, and a last resort pocket gun.  Perhaps I should have clarified making a $200 gun comparable to a Glock, CZ, HK, or Sig.  It has been done before actually, it was called the HS2000.  Iencourage you to look it up, as it flatly drives home the point you edited out of my original post.

The HS2000 is still around. It's just called the Springfield XD now and sell for a lot more than it used to. Supply and demand, price that the market will pay, and all that...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top