BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Truck Nutz?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Legal in Utah, along with clubs, brass knuckles, switchblade knives, blowguns, silencers, full auto, sbs, sbr, and just about any other weapon.  In California, they are all felonies.  Somehow, I feel safer in Utah,
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I carry a sock with a roll of quarters in it. I be homie da clownin!

i used to carry a roll of quarters when i'd go out..girls would come up and ask me if i had change for a buck..

sorry,best i got this morning
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
You really want to fuck up someones day......just do what we did in high school, put a padlocklock in a sock.  Not quite as romantic as a leather and lead bludgeon, but effective as hell.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think are illegal everywhere.

Might want to check what is considered a concealed weapon in your state's statutes.

Possessing and carrying are different things.

Oh yeah- now define the context.

Bludgeoning stuff

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
while on this subject... anyone know of a weighted ball on a chain, as a keychain.  a gun store i used to frequent had them for sale as 'tactical monkey balls'.

Also referred to as a Slungo or Slung shot

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's a friggin' blackjack isn't it??!!

any other comments on if this would be considered a blackjack?  

You arent suppose to fly with your kubotan, and Im wondering if the monkeynuts would be a better alternative?

There is a seller on ebay that has a 5/8 marble in it.. Would the marble or ball bearing 'pass' thru security x-ray?

brian
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
that site i posted also has a cork ball one.here
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably because one good blow to the head with one and it would be coloring books for X-Mas from now on.

Because they're very effective and concealable I guess.

I remember when cops carried them all the time. Didn't uniform pants have a special pocket for them?

I just carried mine in my right rear pocket.

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=1577

And in Texas, they are not illegal to own, only illegal to carry.

That...is awesome!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
God MI sucks dick.

I didn't know Saps were illegal there. You can carry a club in TN if you have taken a class.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
God MI sucks dick.

I didn't know Saps were illegal there. You can carry a club in TN if you have taken a class.

oh god what i'd give to take a clubbing class!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Public image, just like switchblades. Not illegal in FL though, often when I get up in the morning and play "eenie meenie minie moe" with what I want to carry that day, the blakjack wins quite a bit

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not a good option IMO. You better have a damn good articulable reason for cracking somebody upside the head with a weighted object as that can easily result in death or grave injury, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

The same thing applies to a gun or a knife or a fist.. So what the fuck is your point? Besides, anyone who knows anything about blackjacks knows that shots to places other than the head are some of the best. The clavicle is a good one, elbows and the groin work pretty spiffy too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Back in the day when the Police carried a slap, you addressed them as Sir.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
God MI sucks dick.

And, all of those have been illegal since the 1930's.  Da** rum runners!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Probably because one good blow to the head with one and it would be coloring books for X-Mas from now on.

unlike the 4-cell Maglite I keep stuck in between the seats in my truck...
i keep it to use defensively, to block punches, kicks, and the occaisional headbutt.
there. that should explain the multiple blunt force injuries...
plus, it makes light.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#17]
The racist whitejack keeping the poor blackjack down like always....

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#18]
*shrug*

I carry one, depending on the neighborhood I'm venturing into. Case in point, my favorite Chinese joint isn't in the best part of town, but the noodles and crab puffs make the adventure worthwhile.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
*shrug*

I carry one, depending on the neighborhood I'm venturing into. Case in point, my favorite Chinese joint isn't in the best part of town, but the noodles and crab puffs make the adventure worthwhile.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq71/Evil_ATF/Food%20And%20Drink/AprilDinnerPic.jpg

That's the most righteous fuckin' dinner pic I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember when cops carried them all the time. Didn't uniform pants have a special pocket for them?

I just carried mine in my right rear pocket.

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=1577

And in Texas, they are not illegal to own, only illegal to carry.

I have the EXACT same set up (except in nickel).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Plus they are easily concealed and a suprise weapon. The bludgeon, dirk, dagger, sap ect have historically been the thugs weapon while the firearm was the law abiding citizens weapon. If you look at the time frame when the prohibition on blackjacks/saps was passed it was a time that the good guys carried guns and hoodlums carried saps.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep that pocket is still refered to as the Sap pocket on the back of the right leg.

Most cops carry a spyderco there instead now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Legal in Utah, along with clubs, brass knuckles, switchblade knives, blowguns, silencers, full auto, sbs, sbr, and just about any other weapon.  In California, they are all felonies.  

Swithchblades are misdemeanors to carry in public or in the passengers compartment of your car in Cali.  They are perfectly leagl in your home or the trunk of your car.

Brass knuckles and "clubs" are wobblers punishable by 1-year informal probation and a $100.00 fine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I knew of some officers who used those quite often on creeps back in the day.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a good option IMO. You better have a damn good articulable reason for cracking somebody upside the head with a weighted object as that can easily result in death or grave injury, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

The same thing applies to a gun or a knife or a fist.. So what the fuck is your point? Besides, anyone who knows anything about blackjacks knows that shots to places other than the head are some of the best. The clavicle is a good one, elbows and the groin work pretty spiffy too.

I'll tell you what the fuck my point is, since you asked so sweetly. If you're going to employ deadly force why are you dicking around with sap numbnuts?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, a blackjack might be illegal but mine's just a bookweight.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#27]
how about an extra dog lead

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Legal in Utah, along with clubs, brass knuckles, switchblade knives, blowguns, silencers, full auto, sbs, sbr, and just about any other weapon.  In California, they are all felonies.  

Swithchblades are misdemeanors to carry in public or in the passengers compartment of your car in Cali.  They are perfectly leagl in your home or the trunk of your car.

Brass knuckles and "clubs" are wobblers punishable by 1-year informal probation and a $100.00 fine.

What is a "wobbler" ?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a "wobbler" ?

Criminal cases fall into three separate and distinct categories: Felonies, which are punishable by more than one year in state prison; misdemeanors, which are punishable by up to one year in county jail; or "wobblers" - cases punishable by either state prison or county jail. If the defendant was not sentenced to state prison, the conviction can be reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor under California Penal Code Section 17 (b).
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll tell you what the fuck my point is, since you asked so sweetly. If you're going to employ deadly force why are you dicking around with sap numbnuts?  

Because unless you smoke smoke someone on the melon, throat or possibly the groin, a sap/blackjack ISN'T deadly force. I thought that would be obvious, given getting smacked on the collarbone or elbow has a low historical instance of injuries not compatible with life but perhaps I should have pulled out my crayons. The only thing you can do with a gun is shoot somebody. If anything the blackjack provides a useful tool for intermediate levels of force. If someone tries to punch you and you shoot them, I don't envy your day in court. Tune them up with a blackjack a bit and I'll take those odds. It works best in conjunction with a gun but sometimes it's a good alternative when you are in a place guns can't be carried or just don't feel like strapping up that morning but want SOMETHING better than your fists or harsh language.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Shouldn't 2x4's and baseball bats be illegal too?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn't 2x4's and baseball bats be illegal too?

Not concealable. You wont surpise anyone during a arguement with a baseball bat. The legislative intent of such laws was to prevent your average mining camp, ranch, saloon arguement from turning deadly when one party produces a weapon the other party was unaware of.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I've had good street results with expandable batons.
A sap, used with the same ROEs, is an attractive use of force continuum bridge tool that is capable of less-lethal or lethal force, as warranted by the situation.
I should look into them more...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've had good street results with expandable batons.
A sap, used with the same ROEs, is an attractive use of force continuum bridge tool that is capable of less-lethal or lethal force, as warranted by the situation.
I should look into them more...

wow

that was a lot of legal/cop jargon just to say "a good tool to smack someones shit out"

can you re say that in a normal way?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My dad still has a pair that he carried one of on the county PD for years and years. I think Kentucky CCW permit actually covers blackjacks if I remember right.

Yes it does,  In KY. you can carry almost anything including weapons of mass destruction if you can legally buy it.
KRS 500.080
(4) "Deadly weapon" means any of the following:
(a) A weapon of mass destruction;
(b) Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other
serious physical injury, may be discharged;
(c) Any knife other than an ordinary pocket knife or hunting knife;
(d) Billy, nightstick, or club;
(e) Blackjack or slapjack;
(f) Nunchaku karate sticks;
(g) Shuriken or death star; or
(h) Artificial knuckles made from metal, plastic, or other similar hard material;
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#36]
only the police are trained and skilled enough to bonk people over the head with weighted objects.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Public image, just like switchblades. Not illegal in FL though, often when I get up in the morning and play "eenie meenie minie moe" with what I want to carry that day, the blakjack wins quite a bit

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/wesprt/IMG_1320.jpg

Tell your woman to stop touching the stereo when she's packaging your cocaine shipments.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well, a blackjack might be illegal but mine's just a bookweight.  

my stepmother has one that was apparently made (or at least branded) by honda.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because unless you smoke smoke someone on the melon, throat or possibly the groin, a sap/blackjack ISN'T deadly force. I thought that would be obvious, given getting smacked on the collarbone or elbow has a low historical instance of injuries not compatible with life but perhaps I should have pulled out my crayons. The only thing you can do with a gun is shoot somebody. If anything the blackjack provides a useful tool for intermediate levels of force. If someone tries to punch you and you shoot them, I don't envy your day in court. Tune them up with a blackjack a bit and I'll take those odds. It works best in conjunction with a gun but sometimes it's a good alternative when you are in a place guns can't be carried or just don't feel like strapping up that morning but want SOMETHING better than your fists or harsh language

If you pull out your crayons, make sure you bend over for easy access to where you'll be placing them. A good pepper spray is a much better choice for less-than-lethal for those of us that don't wear a badge.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I can carry any handgun I want but I can't carry some of my knives or even a piece of weighted leather.

Guns go BOOM!  Other tools do not

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

seems like it would be a very similar argument to carrying a handgun. All it does is expand your options I guess.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I carry a sock with a roll of quarters in it. I be homie da clownin!

In Texas we carry more guns

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#44]
wow...
after a year plus sabbatical from here its good to see things have not changed a whole lot...

It's just another tool in the toolbox

pssssssst   just call it a key ring and it will go over a lot nicer
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
-snip-

wow

that was a lot of legal/cop jargon just to say "a good tool to smack someones shit out"

can you re say that in a normal way?

LOL! Thanks.
Looks like they'd be a good way to issue a full set of lumps to a deserving recipient.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t291/wesprt/IMG_1320.jpg

Tell your woman to stop touching the stereo when she's packaging your cocaine shipments.

Good eye there

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#47]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time........

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Because unless you smoke smoke someone on the melon, throat or possibly the groin, a sap/blackjack ISN'T deadly force. I thought that would be obvious, given getting smacked on the collarbone or elbow has a low historical instance of injuries not compatible with life but perhaps I should have pulled out my crayons. The only thing you can do with a gun is shoot somebody. If anything the blackjack provides a useful tool for intermediate levels of force. If someone tries to punch you and you shoot them, I don't envy your day in court. Tune them up with a blackjack a bit and I'll take those odds. It works best in conjunction with a gun but sometimes it's a good alternative when you are in a place guns can't be carried or just don't feel like strapping up that morning but want SOMETHING better than your fists or harsh language

If you pull out your crayons, make sure you bend over for easy access to where you'll be placing them. A good pepper spray is a much better choice for less-than-lethal for those of us that don't wear a badge.

I've been sprayed with some of the nastiest OC out there. OC doesn't do a damn thing incapacitation wise- We had to do a course where we'd get sprayed and then had to beat the shit of of 4 or 5 bags at different stations before doing a prone handcuffing and it didn't really impair anyone there to where they couldn't beat the shit out of someone if they were so inclined. Don't get me wrong, it burned like a son of a bitch but while it hurts, it doesn't do much other than making it hard to see. If you can run like Forrest Gump then OC is alright, but otherwise it sucks- There's a reason OC is slowly vanishing from the bat belts of police officers all over
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#50]
to the poster above exactly OC works on pussies but it will never stop a dedicated attacker the best you can hope for is loss of vision in the attacker that allows you to exploit a control hold or gain distance
but in my use of OC almost 1/2 of what you deploy ends up on you so your results may vary
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top