Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I got married at  22 and was 6 months pregnant.  This was after telling him no way.  I'm not getting married just beacause we are having a baby.  A week's seperation was more than I could stand!  I realized he was THE most important thing in my life.  Marriage is the hardest thing I've ever done.  You can't just walk away when you want!  I don't agree that the man eventually looses evertything and becomes a "prisoner" to his wife the "jailor".  I can't imagine telling my husband he can't do something.  What good are two people if they don't have their own seperated identities and intrests? Monday will be 8 years I wouldn't trade for anything in this world!
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
There is nothing better than your wife and kids welcoming you home and saying they missed you (where ever you were). Sure beats beating your meat.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, Green Canoe, I am aware of problems associated with mixing certain antibiotics and certain oral contraceptives, but this antihistamine bit continues to be a mystery.

I am interested to know if this guy has information that I haven't, but I think that this is BS.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, it is a big deal.  I wonder if Nimrod has found his source for this claim.
View Quote

I remeber reading something that explained the connection between certain antihistamines and oral contraceptives years ago.  I do not recall the source.  I do remember that my then-future wife was popping Comtrex like they were M&M's.  I apologize for not taking time out from my actual life to do medical research for you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There is nothing better than your wife and kids welcoming you home and saying they missed you (where ever you were). Sure beats beating your meat.
View Quote
Not really![:X]
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have found a reference on the web, from MDAdvice.com.  The reference deals with prescription oral contraceptives and may be found here:

[url]http://www.mdadvice.com/library/drug/drug131.html[/url]

Near the bottom of the page, there is a section titled "Possible Interaction with Other Drugs".  Under Antihistamines is says, "Decreased contraceptive effect."

Take that for what it is worth.  I am not a doctor.  If you have any other questions, contact an OB/GYN.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know it sounds like a crock, but I don't think that we are necessarily made to live by ourselves, and I still believe that if you're gonna create a family, it should be a real one...within wedlock, same last name, etc...and for the right reasons (whatever they are for you and your spouse).

Sluggo
View Quote

I think it depends on your personality. Some people can handle a lot more time alone then others and thus, aren't as likely to be lonely. Or are more introverted, so tire easily of social situation (being that even spending time with people they love can drain their energy quickly).

Others, who are more extroverted, don't tire as quickly or gain it from social situations. .

Some people aren't meant to be alone, Some aren't meant to be with someone. Then there's a wide range in the middle of those two.

I'll agree with the family thing, though I know of one situation where it seems more in the interest of the child (and probably the mother) to go it single rather then put up with a boyfriend/husband who is a drug addict, takes no responsibility for the child (in fact, has endangered the child several times), is an ex-con, doesn't have a job (won't try because he believes he can't get one as an ex-con), and abuses the mother. While I believe in the tradition family, I also feel it's not a cure all.
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Build a life together.
Have a family.
Making love for the rest of your life to the woman you have fallen hopelessly in love with sounds good to me.

ARH
View Quote

If only it was that simple......
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The line from Tolkien explains marriage in very exact terms:

One Ring to rule them all,
one Ring to find them,
one Ring to bring them all
and in the Darkness bind them

Does that sound a bit bitter?

View Quote

Must be one of those dwarven rings that cause your money to mysteriously disappear. :)

Seriously, wasn't that ring the root of all evil? Or at least inspired it enough?
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I read somewhere that the ring symbolized internal combustion engines.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read somewhere that the ring symbolized internal combustion engines.
View Quote

Well, I did notice that only the armies of darkness TM, had war machines during battles. Only the bad guys had machines, period, IIRC (Aside from windmills and such).  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top