BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw many many instances of 357 sig in 357 mag and vice versa. It was probably the most common mistake made.

Until the .45 GAP - I have heard lots of stories of guys asking for .45 ACP and being handed .45 GAP.

at a gunshow here in SC (ladson fairgrounds) the georgia arms (i beleive thats the name) ammo dealer was selling EVERYONE who asked for 45gap (right when the first glock 45gap pistols came out) 45 acp, saying they were INTERCHANGABLE. i stoped two sales, explained to the lady that wasnt the case, and hoped she believed me and wouldnt try to pull the same shit on someone else.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw many many instances of 357 sig in 357 mag and vice versa. It was probably the most common mistake made.

Until the .45 GAP - I have heard lots of stories of guys asking for .45 ACP and being handed .45 GAP.

at a gunshow here in SC (ladson fairgrounds) the georgia arms (i beleive thats the name) ammo dealer was selling EVERYONE who asked for 45gap (right when the first glock 45gap pistols came out) 45 acp, saying they were INTERCHANGABLE. i stoped two sales, explained to the lady that wasnt the case, and hoped she believed me and wouldnt try to pull the same shit on someone else.

That's just downright dangerous!  Loading an ACP round into a GAP chamber could definately cause a kaboom (granted someone figured out how to do it).  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:38:03 AM EDT
[#3]
About a month or two ago I had a guy tell me the typical,"I was SF in nam," crap. Then he told me that he was a sniper and that they used "Zeiss fifty ten riflescopes" and would "regularly shoot VC at 3000+ meters."

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#4]
We don't get a lot of the hip-hop, slang, whatever guys where I fill in. Lot of stupid people who read shit someplace and then the info sort of got turned around in their head.

What I get is, "Dude, your pistol is cocked..." remarks. Customers for some reason don't really fuck with or argue with me. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The only gun shop I go to anymore is the one with good looking sales chick who wears a very nice pushup bra.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's unlike Georgia Arms, Im betting they really didn't know any better, I've bought lots of reloading components from them and never had a problem
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Hee hee.

Tag.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:57:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not to hijack but kind this kind of goes along with the current story.

A couple of years ago Gunman0 and I were at a local gun shop that has an indoor pistol range (cooincidentaly its in the same building as the Post Office).  

Continental Arms?

Possibly.  

More like defenitly!
I was suprised at your story - I've never seen many home-boy types there.
They cater to a fairly upscale crowd.

Gunpowder Indoor Range in Bel Air on the other hand...
They used to have a lot of homeboys there, sideways pistol and all (before they closed down)
The woman who works the counter there, tried to sell me RELOADS to shoot in my Glock.
I asked her "Isn't that a big no-no with Glocks?"
Her: "Well, no, not really. It's just one of those things they say to cover themselves"
Me: "ook. I'll just stick with factory loads, thanks."
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Gunpowder Indoor Range in Bel Air on the other hand...(before they closed down)
The woman who works the counter there, tried to sell me RELOADS to shoot in my Glock.
I asked her "Isn't that a big no-no with Glocks?"
Her: "Well, no, not really. It's just one of those things they say to cover themselves"
Me: "ook. I'll just stick with factory loads, thanks."

You should have asked if she covered any dammage to your gun with her reloads..... i'd be willing to bet she would QUICKLY have shifted over to factory loads to try to sell you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:12:35 AM EDT
[#10]
There's a flipside to this coin.

I cruise into the gun store a couple days ago to buy a lower reciever. There's a new kid working, he looks early 20's. since I don't know him I don't shoot the shiz, I just say "Hey could I grab the rock river lower?"
him - "what?"
me- (tapping on glass) "The middle lower reciever for the AR15, not the vulcan, not the bushmaster, but that one."
him - "oh, yeah sure"
(opens case, picks up a glock from the bottom shelf)
me - (squatting down and pointing at the reciever inside the case) "No this thing right here, the lower reciever for the AR15"
him - "Oh, right"
(hands it to me, walks away)
me - "Uh... I'll take it"
him - ".... okay."
(long silence)
me - "So... is there paperwork for me to fill out?"
him - "No, it's not a gun, cash register's over there."
me - "I think there's paperwork."
(around this point in time another employee who I've talked with a few times grabs the form and explains that this is the serial numbered part of the gun and to treat it like a rifle purchase. I fill out the 4473 and then skips over the pistol and rifle check boxes, he marks some box that says "gun parts")
me - "I think this is a long arm"
him - "No, it's a gun part"
me - "Okay, my bad." (I am winking and gesturing for the other guy to come back. He does, and handles the rest of the transaction.)

Not to trash on the kid, he was friendly and everything, I just thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
The "Kid" was probably ATF
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's very unlike GA. Are you sure you have the right vendor? I'd hate to see a great company like GA get taken out behind the woodshed for something another company did.

Or maybe they thought someone was saying ".45 for my gat."
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#13]
tag!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Bama Shooter what store are you shopping I might need to check something out over there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Yo, I gotz to be tagging this fo sho!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
A homeboy's guide to pistol makes/models:

If it's big: Deagle
Glock=Gat
Beretta=Glock
S&W=Glock
Taurus=Glock
Sig=Glock
Springfield=Glock
Kimber=Glock
Colt=foty five!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who gets stark-raving mad when the term "Deagle" is uttered?

WTF are "Beamz"?

I could be wrong, after all I'm only a college educated Irish American and speaking gangsta wasn't in my foreign language curriculum, but I think "beamz" is referring to bullets or ammuniton.  If some homie walked in and wanted "soma dem beamz fo da AK" I wouldn't sell anything to him.  I'd say "no beamz, but I have some great English lessons on tape, if you want those."
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are "Beamz"?

I could be wrong, after all I'm only a college educated Irish American and speaking gangsta wasn't in my foreign language curriculum, but I think "beamz" is referring to bullets or ammuniton.  If some homie walked in and wanted "soma dem beamz fo da AK" I wouldn't sell anything to him.  I'd say "no beamz, but I have some great English lessons on tape, if you want those."

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are "Beamz"?

ha ha! hooked on phonics can work for you too, homie!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Glock=Gat
Beretta=Glock
S&W=Glock
Taurus=Glock
Sig=Glock
Springfield=Glock
Kimber=Glock
Colt=foty five!

At least that part is correct g-money-fresh.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Send 'em here...    Linky to talky good
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Glock=Gat
Beretta=Glock
S&W=Glock
Taurus=Glock
Sig=Glock
Springfield=Glock
Kimber=Glock
Colt=foty five!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I needs a fiddy deagle son!O_o

Youz aint profeshunal enuff to use a fiddy deagle, foo!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I cruise into the gun store a couple days ago to buy a lower reciever. There's a new kid working, he looks early 20's. since I don't know him I don't shoot the shiz, I just say "Hey could I grab the rock river lower?"
him - "what?"
me- (tapping on glass) "The middle lower reciever for the AR15, not the vulcan, not the bushmaster, but that one."
him - "oh, yeah sure"
me - (squatting down and pointing at the reciever inside the case) "No this thing right here, the lower reciever for the AR15"
him - "Oh, right"
him - ".... okay."
(long silence)
(around this point in time another employee who I've talked with a few times grabs the form and explains that this is the serial numbered part of the gun and to treat it like a rifle purchase. I fill out the 4473 and then skips over the pistol and rifle check boxes, he marks some box that says "gun parts")
me - "Okay, my bad." (I am winking and gesturing for the other guy to come back. He does, and handles the rest of the transaction.)

Not to trash on the kid, he was friendly and everything, I just thought it was funny.

What is scary is, there are folks that might not think to question a gun shop employee, thinking they obviously know the law. That same person would be walking around with a lower with zero paperwork on it. Not sure what legal ramification that might have, but its probably not a good thing.

Last year I had a guy try to sell me an Olympic AR15 that was built with a 16" upper but the lower was "stamped as a pistol lower, so you can build an SBR with no additional paperwork". I'm no law expert, but I dont think I can buy a rifle, convert it to a pistol, and not break laws without getting a signoff and having it re-registered. The things we learn at the gun shop......from both sides of the counter!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Mofo's gat beotches.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glock=Gat
Beretta=Glock
S&W=Glock
Taurus=Glock
Sig=Glock
Springfield=Glock
Kimber=Glock
Colt=foty five!

beer.trash.net/img/beers/1332.jpg

Dat not ah fotee fie, dat be duh bull!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Glock=Gat
Beretta=Glock
S&W=Glock
Taurus=Glock
Sig=Glock
Springfield=Glock
Kimber=Glock
Colt=foty five!

Ok I just spit my drink out. Friggin hilarious!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

him - "what?"
him - "oh, yeah sure"
him - "Oh, right"
him - ".... okay."
(long silence)

What is scary is, there are folks that might not think to question a gun shop employee, thinking they obviously know the law. That same person would be walking around with a lower with zero paperwork on it. Not sure what legal ramification that might have, but its probably not a good thing.

Last year I had a guy try to sell me an Olympic AR15 that was built with a 16" upper but the lower was "stamped as a pistol lower, so you can build an SBR with no additional paperwork". I'm no law expert, but I dont think I can buy a rifle, convert it to a pistol, and not break laws without getting a signoff and having it re-registered. The things we learn at the gun shop......from both sides of the counter!

If it started life as a pistol, it can be converted to a rifle and back to a pistol as long as it has a 16inch barrel when in rifle setup, and no stock or forward vert. grip when in pistol mode as often as you like.

Once a rifle, awlays a rifle.
Born as a pistol, it can go back and forth as long as barrel length and other NFA laws are obeyed.

But if it was an SBR lower, that was no longer sporting a short barrel, he couldnt just sell it it as a stripped lower either.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#30]
da beams...hook it up brotha
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Glock=Gat
Beretta=Glock
S&W=Glock
Taurus=Glock
Sig=Glock
Springfield=Glock
Kimber=Glock
Colt=foty five!

LMAO!!!

Oh yeah,IBSLHCDEAR*

*In Before Some Liberal Hippie Chick Declares Everybody A  Racist.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I took customer calls when I worked at Barrett.

caller "I just bought an M82A1, it says the mag holds 10 rds"

me "Yes sir"

caller "How many bullets are in a round?"

Then of course we have the black helicopter seers,

caller "A .50 can shoot down a helicopter, right"

me "If you are a damn lucky shot, maybe"

caller 'I know I'm on the 'List' I see these black helicopters over my house at night."

me "If they are black and it's night, how do you see them?" *click* Damn, he hung up.

Then we have Einstein

caller "Did you know you can see the bullet if you look down the bore?"

me "No sir, never tried that. Never thought about looking down the barrel of a loaded rifle."

caller "Wow, that wasn't too bright on my part was it?"

me  (crickets)

If you think gun shops are funny, try manufacturing. It brings the loonies out of the woodwork. I kid you not.

Please tell us you've never told a journalist about these conversations.  

- BG
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

#1 (young male)
Customer: Yo, ya got da' AK beams!
Customer: ya knows the beamz fo da AK.
Customer: oh shit son, they gotz a degale! (points at SW500)
Customer: damn damn! that shits fullauto!
Customer: Ya gots the beams right?
Customer: This Degale!
Customer: (leans over the counter and quitely asks) ya got dem teflon vest right?

I'm fortunate.  No one in my entire state talks like this.

I have learned a great deal, though.

"Deagle" = Idiot-speak for "Desert Eagle"
"Beamz" = Idiot-speak for either a weapon-mounted light or a weapon-mounted laser

Who says ARFCOM isn't educational?

"Pardon me, stewardess- I speak jive."
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'll take it. Sign me up for a couple of the M16 deagles beamers thingys make sure they are lefties. I know you gottem in For tay. Will you take a check?

Quoted:

WM Employee (teenage black kid): "Yo man, whatchu need?"

Me: (with a grin) "Forties and nines bro, forties and nines. Two hundred of each."

WM Employee: (grinning back) "Dats tight man."
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#36]
nicely done.  shoulda asked him for beamz to see what he got you
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I took customer calls when I worked at Barrett.

caller "I just bought an M82A1, it says the mag holds 10 rds"

me "Yes sir"

caller "How many bullets are in a round?"

Then of course we have the black helicopter seers,

caller "A .50 can shoot down a helicopter, right"

me "If you are a damn lucky shot, maybe"

caller 'I know I'm on the 'List' I see these black helicopters over my house at night."

me "If they are black and it's night, how do you see them?" *click* Damn, he hung up.

Then we have Einstein

me "No sir, never tried that. Never thought about looking down the barrel of a loaded rifle."

me  (crickets)

If you think gun shops are funny, try manufacturing. It brings the loonies out of the woodwork. I kid you not.

Funniest post I've read in along time. Reminds me of the schoolgirl who asked me one time, when I made a school educational visit as a British RevWar Redcoat with musket, bayonet, etc.,

"When you guys do reenactments, do you use real bullets?"

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

him - "what?"
him - "oh, yeah sure"
him - "Oh, right"
him - ".... okay."
(long silence)

I had something similar happen to me once, bought an AR lower by transfer, had it come into a local shop. My roommate was in there when the mailman brought the Priority Mail box in with my name on it and the store's high school employee gave him the box to bring to my house since it was "only a gun part"(neither one of them knew any better). I got home from work and see this box sitting there on the coffee table and ask WTF ? After hearing the story, the next morning I went to the shop and handed my "gun part" to the owner of the shop who almost lost it when I explained what happened. He kept thanking me for bringing it right back in to fill out the 4473 and kept saying it was nice to know somebody that had some understanding of the rules
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

#2 (group of 5 males)

Customer:   oh shit son, they gotz a degale!  (points at SW500)
Customer:  damn damn! that shits fullauto!
Me: Nope, and its SW 500
Customer:  Ya gots the beams right?
Me: for what?
Customer:  This Degale!
Me: Nope, and thats a SW500
Customer: (leans over the counter and quitely asks)  ya got dem teflon vest right?    
Me: Nope.

These guys were clearly fucking with you. Probably went out back and laughed their asses off afterwards.

No they were DEAD serious. Urban Males, they believe everything 50cent raps about
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

him - "what?"
him - "oh, yeah sure"
him - "Oh, right"
him - ".... okay."
(long silence)

should have paid cash and got out of there
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I had something similar happen to me once, bought an AR lower by transfer, had it come into a local shop. My roommate was in there when the mailman brought the Priority Mail box in with my name on it and the store's high school employee gave him the box to bring to my house since it was "only a gun part"(neither one of them knew any better). I got home from work and see this box sitting there on the coffee table and ask WTF ? After hearing the story, the next morning I went to the shop and handed my "gun part" to the owner of the shop who almost lost it when I explained what happened. He kept thanking me for bringing it right back in to fill out the 4473 and kept saying it was nice to know somebody that had some understanding of the rules

you get the prize
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

me  (crickets)

....On the bright side, someone learned a valuable life lesson without being killed or maimed in the process.  And that's a Good Thing.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
A local gunshop owner was showing an AK to an interested customer.  I think it was an SLR 105 A1 in 5.45.  Beautiful rifle.

The owner kept insisting that the gun came direct from the factory in Europe and wasn't a "built" gun from imported parts.  I noticed the "Arsenal" stamp on the side of the receiver, rolled my eyes, and walked out of the store.

Um, actually it is built in Bulgaria as a single stacked sporter.. Once in the US, the mag well is widened, and US parts installed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Bama Shooter what store are you shopping I might need to check something out over there.

Yeah.  I haven't seen anything like that since I was at the pawn shop in Lanett some years ago.  At least tell me the town or what part of the state.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#46]
WTF is a "Beams"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
WTF is a "Beams"

for the normal people it means lasers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#48]
TODAY! i got the best ever! Some local walks up and asks if i got crimson trace laser grips by name. They he produces a chrome Lorcin .25   christ!

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I went to the local Gunshop because i have a M-1903, and a M-1903A3 Springfield Rilfe on display, I have been searching for Springfields in Original Military condition for about 15 years but all seem to find is the cut up sporters people made in their garages.

So i find these two Springfields 03's last week due to someones fiance talking him into selling them for money to get married!(I was thinking screw that Military  config springfields are getting scarce, dump the woman and get a girl who undersatnds good firearms!!)

Anyway they are both in 90% or better condition, so i grabbed both and am slowly paying them off!

Today, I go in to pay on the Layaway and get a guilt trip instead!! Two old Veterans who are part of a Honor guard for veterans funerals came looking for .........You guessed it Springfields and P-17 Enfields for their honor guard so they don't have to deal with the Governemnts stringent requirements for the stoarage of the guns they would get from Uncle Sugar.

So the Daughter of the Store owner says too bad you weren't here last week this guy right here layed away two Springfields, "I said thats right and i'm not selling them, but if and when you need to do a brial detail i will gladly loan them to you to use and return when done." But they insisted on onwing them figured i should sell them to them instead.

I told them "This discussion just ended and you didn't even realize it!"

But now i feel like crap and don't think i could enjoy them because the veterans were right every veteran deserves a Honor guard when they go but then again i offered to let them borrow them and they refused.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#50]
tag for later reading
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top