Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
[tinfoil]I think the bushmaster people rigged the poll software so that they would win no matter what[/tinfoil]

BUSHMASTER IT IS!!!

Sly
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
<---- Likes Colt  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I own a Colt, but I voted Bushmaster because of their attitude towards non-LEO firearms owners and their overall line.  They make some damn nice rifles.  RRA is a close second and their parts are nice.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote vote RRA (+1 Other)
-and to rank my preferences based on the rifles I own:
1) Rock River (and/ or John Holliger at White Oak Precision)
2) Colt
3) Bushmaster
4) Armalite
5) Olympic
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Colt is certainly my favorite - but that is because it's also proveably the best AR made!  

That isn't a matter of a mere opinion poll - it's a verifiable fact.  Colt has to be your favorite if quality is the standard you are interested in.  Colt did all the development on the original, rather unfinished Armalite prototype (no relation to the current company that only bought the trademarks, by the way) design and made it the excellent, world class weapon it is today.  Colt standards for metallurgy and dimensional correctness are the highest in the industry - because their primary customer - the US Armed Forces - demand it.  No one knows as much about the AR as Colt.  Why would your favorite be anything but the best gun?

Strong statement, right?  Backed up by the professionals that use ARs the most, and observed daily at Nationally Recognized Training Facilities like Gunsite and Thunder Ranch.

Those professional LE and Military trainers that see tens of thousands of rounds a year go down range from ARs are a little more qualified to say which is "best" than the average poll respondent - whose brand is "Best" simply because HE chose it.  (The "my Chevy is better than your Ford, Dodge, etc, argument.)

As an AR Armorer who has an OBSERVED 50% failure rate among my agency's issued Bushmasters, I have to laugh.  Loose Carrier Keys, tight AND loose headspace in the same shipment, gas rings that last 500 rounds.  OK, so they cost $150 less.  Wow.

So the above "Favorite" poll  is merely a "Survivor" type popularity contest.  And just like a Reality show, it really has nothing to do with the AR Reality that counts - who makes the best weapon.  How can a lesser gun be your "favorite", guys?

Warmly, Col. Colt

Go for it!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wasn't the poll about which AR was "Best"?  That isn't a matter of a poll - it's a verifiable fact.  That would be Colt.  They did all the development on the original, rather unfinished Armalite (no relation to the current company that bought the trademarks) design and made it the excellent weapon it is today.  Their standards for metallurgy and dimensional correctness are the highest in the industry - because their primary customer - the US Armed Forces - demand it.  No one knows as much about the AR as Colt.

Strong statement, right?  Backed up by the professionals that use ARs the most, and observed daily at Nationally Recognized Training Facilities like Gunsite and Thunder Ranch.

Those professional LE and Military trainers that see tens of thousands of rounds a year go down range from ARs are a little more qualified to say which is "best" than the average poll respondent - whose brand is "Best" simply because HE chose it.  (The "my Chevy is better than your Ford, Dodge, etc, argument.)

As an AR Armorer who has an observed 50% failure rate among my agency's Bushmasters, I have to laugh.  Loose Carrier Keys, tight AND loose headspace in the same shipment, gas rings that last 500 rounds.  

So the poll above is merely a "Survivor" type popularity contest.  And just like a Reality show, it has nothing to do with AR Reality.

Warmly, Col. Colt

I'm voting you off my island.

What you fail to see is that Colt may make the finest product- hell I'll even agree with you on that.  But the Sumbitches (Yes EAHbar spelling error intentional) at Colt apparently only supply the "good stuff" to the professionals.  I'm an american and a gun enthusiast.  Tell me why an American Gun Maker over looks my needs.  

I'm voting Colt off my island as well!

Even warmer,

Sly
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Sly, does this mean we disagree?

Seriously, I'll give you my take on why Colt isn't jumping to revamp their lineup due to the AWB sunset.  Our shop sells Colt and Bushmaster, but I don't pretend to speak for either company.

First - the US soldier has first dibs on production right now - the shop I work in has only been able to get 3 or 4 civilian Colt ARs every three months.  I have no problem with that - there's a war on.  I'm just glad the civilian side is being kept alive, rifle wise.

Second - Would you even bother to change everything in your lineup now, in September, just before a national election that may not only result in the AWB being reinstated, but in the prohibition of all magazine fed, semi autos - If Kerry/Edwards, Feinstein, Schumer and Kennedy have their way? We are not out of the woods yet, people.  CNN reports current poll numbers with Bush having a 1% lead.  If I were a MAJOR Gunmaker, I wouldn't do a thing until after the election.  That's just good business sense.  If Bush doesn't win, and/or the Dems take Congress - it's a whole new day.  I would wait 45 days to find out, if my Company's survival might be affected.  Again, just business.

Warmly, always, Col. Colt
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a great experience with Bushmaster... we'll see how my PWA turns out

- BG
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
[CAMPYBOB]I don't give a rats ass so long as it goes BANG[/CAMPYBOB]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
If I had a DIAS, or the money to buy one it would be BM. Since I don't and will never have that kind of cash to spend on firearms related stuff, I'll say RRA.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sly, does this mean we disagree?

Seriously, I'll give you my take on why Colt isn't jumping to revamp their lineup due to the AWB sunset.  Our shop sells Colt and Bushmaster, but I don't pretend to speak for either company.

First - the US soldier has first dibs on production right now - the shop I work in has only been able to get 3 or 4 civilian Colt ARs every three months.  I have no problem with that - there's a war on.  I'm just glad the civilian side is being kept alive, rifle wise.

Second - Would you even bother to change everything in your lineup now, in September, just before a national election that may not only result in the AWB being reinstated, but in the prohibition of all magazine fed, semi autos - If Kerry/Edwards, Feinstein, Schumer and Kennedy have their way? We are not out of the woods yet, people.  CNN reports current poll numbers with Bush having a 1% lead.  If I were a MAJOR Gunmaker, I wouldn't do a thing until after the election.  That's just good business sense.  If Bush doesn't win, and/or the Dems take Congress - it's a whole new day.  I would wait 45 days to find out, if my Company's survival might be affected.  Again, just business.

Warmly, always, Col. Colt

We agree and disagree.

Colt makes a fine product, but as far as the company itself goes- they suck. The question wasn't posed about the product, it was about the "maker" or company. I'm not surprised by Colt's attitude and policies but it still pisses me off to no end.

You pose a valid argument about whether it's worth it financially speaking for a company such as Colt to re-vamp with such an unknown as the political climate.  But that's why loyalty, as well as respect, is a two way street.  I'll never be loyal to Colt as Colt is not loyal to me. YVMD.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
BOHICA <==== just for the Name ==== Kinda rare
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the 6721.

ARH

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Colt. The rest can only hope to emulate them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Spelling, spelling, spelling.

I've never seen a spelling AR.  DO yu have a pic?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got five guns that say Armalite on them and none with the other manufacturers so I guess I'm voting Armalite.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Fulton
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Colt
Bushmaster
RRA
Armalite
In that order for me.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Col_Colt makes a good argument for the pony.

but Jeez, what is up with the "we don't care what you think- you are a just lowly civilian" attitude?

You know this war won't last forever, and you will eventually need to resurrect that company.

That shit is just plain idiotic, great AR or not. No one likes to buy from an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Smith & Wesson makes a 1911 now. How soon before they offer an AR?

They could even contract FN to build it and they could stamp their name on it like they did with other guns.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#21]
RRA... And my Stag lower (same thing)
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#23]
STAG
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#24]
To build on, Ameetec or Mega. RRA for the value and price. I did build a Colt for my wife though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Love Bushmaster hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#26]
"Who is your favoriate favorite AR Maker?"

It can only be Colt, because only Colt can make an AR.
Now if we include the clones, I like my Bushmaster XM15E2S.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top