BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
SO.!.!.!.!.!.  I'm talking to new girl and she is from...gulp....New York and we are always playfully arguing on who is the better (or worse) drivers, N.Y. or N.J.  What has been your experience.

p.s.

I think anyone with N.Y. plates is functionally retarded....JK.

bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif

functionally retarded is a understatement.  They are the worst drivers in the world.  WTF is with the horn thing.  When I worked in SI that shit would drive me crazy. Every 1/2 second someone is blowing their horn for something.  jersey has some of the best drivers except old people.  They suck.  

ADD A POLL

Yeah.  I guess your right.  How do I set up a poll?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
NJ's a funny place.. You either end up with someone who can't drive worth a damn, or someone who is quite used to driving in packs full of people who can't drive worth a damn.  The latter are often great drivers, if a little paranoid.  We've got lots of idiot kids on the roads though, and a nicely confusing network of roads (just follow the signs you illiterate hayseed, and quit stopping on the fucking exit ramps!!).  I think that the NJDOT and the NJ DMV have combined forces to fight overpopulation in the garden state by selectively culling 17-19 year olds.

I love driving through Pennsylvania though.. People out there don't consider 5mph either way justification for murder.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#3]

the consensus was the South Carolina drivers, especially those in Columbia, were the worst in the country.

Just wait until it rains in Columbia!  I used to drive from Asheville, NC to downtown Columbia twice a week for four years, and Columbia drivers plus rain was something that I feared more than the trips up I-95 from VA to Boston.  Of course, nine out of ten stupid acts you saw were caused by an idiot driving a Honda.z
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Dallas.

I swear, you drive down I30 and cross into Dallas county and it becomes a demolition durby.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:26:48 AM EDT
[#5]
My parents live in a senior development (near Jamesburg, called Concordia).  The old people are scary - my father calls Grand Marquis "death cars".  I love being in the right lane (out of 4) of the NJTP, going 5-10 over the limit, and having people tailgating me.  Damm!  Just pass me already!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Everywhere has there share of asshole drivers and those
who should have never been issued a license .

The one thing I can say about NY drivers is that more
then half actually use their turn signals to change lanes
on the highway , and will let you change lanes if you
display the courtesy of using them .

I haven't seen this anywhere else in the country where I've
driven . In fact I was in Dallas a few months ago . I found
that using turn signals resulted in people intentionally blocking
you . They also didn't seem to grasp the idea that faster traffic
should be in the left lanes
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#8]
New York takes the cake...

Whenever some asshole cuts me off, or tailgates me.

Its generally a New Yorker.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#10]
New Jersey, I swear. I used to live there for almost 10 years! Those idiots seem to have all won their licenses in the lottery. Also: Why the hell do they all drive slushboxes? Manual trannys is where it's at! Silly auto users...

I love how after the statewide mobile... errr, cellphone in the car use ban I still saw just as many people as ever happily chatting away on their mobiles, while applying lipstick, drinking coffee, eating Chinese, etc. That's right, the NJ specialty is "Look Ma, no hands!" driving.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
A world traveler would put NJ drivers in the same class as Korean drivers.  THE WORST.

Never spent much time in Calcutta, huh? Traffic rules DO NOT EXIST. Except if you are a cow. Worst drivers in the whole known universe, I assure you. They make Ukranians and Serbs look good.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:37:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

- NY Hasidic Jews in mini-vans
- NY Female Asians in anything on wheels.

Ouch! As someone who went to school and worked in the City (no, not London, the other City) for years, I will have to agree with you wholeheartedly. That they are pretty damn bad drivers, but no the worst, I'd say. Although, I have known Asian chicks who drove very well, so I guess it's just a NYC thing.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A world traveler would put NJ drivers in the same class as Korean drivers.  THE WORST.

Never spent much time in Calcutta, huh? Traffic rules DO NOT EXIST. Except if you are a cow. Worst drivers in the whole known universe, I assure you. They make Ukranians and Serbs look good.

There was a hilarious travel warning for Turkey.. Not sure if it's still current.  It went into great detail about what a western driver could expect on the roads there, and essentially suggested that you just stay as far away from any pavement as possible, doubly so during Ramadan. I'll see if I can round it up.

ETA- they overhauled the whole site, no more diplomatic hilarity
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#14]

I have driven a commercial vehicle in 37 States east of Denver, Co. It has been my experience that New Jersey drivers are worse than all the others combined! I will give them credit for knowing when to get out of the way of an 18 wheeler when I needed to change lanes .  TT    
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#15]
the worst drivers in the world are NY/NJ driving in TEXAS!

Between dodging BMWs you have to watch the H2s crawling up your ass in the slow lane.

DFW drivers suck big time
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Ohio? WTF? As a former Californian, I can state with 100% certainty that the drivers here are NOT the worst by a long shot. Jesus, they do the speed limit for the most part, use turn signals, follow most traffic laws, etc. From my prespective, they're a very polite bunch.

Except that the tards here like to drive 50 miles in the passing lane running door to door with a car in the right lane so you can't get by.

Same thing with all the truckers on I 70.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
New Jersey, I swear. I used to live there for almost 10 years! Those idiots seem to have all won their licenses in the lottery. Also: Why the hell do they all drive slushboxes? Manual trannys is where it's at! Silly auto users...

I love how after the statewide mobile... errr, cellphone in the car use ban I still saw just as many people as ever happily chatting away on their mobiles, while applying lipstick, drinking coffee, eating Chinese, etc. That's right, the NJ specialty is "Look Ma, no hands!" driving.

Just to let you guys know.......I agree that N.J. is the armpit of the world.  I fucking hate this shithole!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:13:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Any suburbian who drives a Suburban should be beaten with hoses. I mean that. SUV's aren't the scourge of the planet because they cause global warming or wars with Iraq or other such silly stuff that Berkely-ites claim but because SUV drivers are disproportionately horrible at driving.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#19]
N.J. - Nobody ever taught them how to make left turns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
downstate NY and NJ are one and the same.   please don't lump us upstaters in with the NYC idiots.  we will be a red state once we secede from NYC and long island!

WOW - even those silly Canadians are chiming in (although I do support switching us to a Red state).
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#21]

SC is the only place where I've ever seen people make left turns from the right turn lane, and vice versa.

Never been to Manhattan, have you?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#22]
i nominate miami.  they're rude, don't know how to drive, don't speak english, and if they hit you, they flee the scene because they're illegal
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#23]
obviously, none of you have been to Rhode Island
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
obviously, none of you have been to Rhode Island

That's a state?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top