Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Poikilotrm, looks like you and I know the same girl. Only with me she told me she was divorced. I guess she forgot about the going thru a divorce part. [b][red]Waverunner and Lordtrader pay attention to this tread,she still may be out there.[/red][/b][;)]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, a few friends and I were hanging out at the local McDonalds (local hangout about 10 years ago) and a car of high school kids drove through the parking lot screaming and yelling at everyone.  They got around to us and one guy leaned out the window and poined the pistol at us.  He then fired and they took off.  The round (9mm Hollow point) wound up going in the rear quarter panel of the car we were leaning against.  No one knew who these guys were until the cops caught them as they pulled out.  The cops were at the gas station next to the McD's getting in their squad car when the kids took off!!!

Use to play football with a guy and we would have dove hunts at their house every Sunday.  This one kid about 10 years old decided to start the hunt while we were deciding where everyone was going to sit.  He was standing about 10 feet behind everone when a flock of crows flew over and he tried to shoot one.  Needless to say everyone hit the ground when that 20 gauge went off!!!  I dont think his dad ever brought him back on another hunt!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Duty injuries...

Shot right shoulder.  Required reconstruction of the upper scapula and (eventually) skin grafts from Jungle Rot

Shot in neck, left of spine.  An absolute MIRACLE - just left with a hole all the way thru my neck for my trouble (minimal actual trauma given wound location - spine, trachea, larynx, and carotid and jugular ALL undamaged!)  More vulcanising for same reason as above.

Stabbed in upper left thigh, nicked Femoral artery.  no damn fun (that one was actually in a bar fight - I spent a week UO after being revived, other party spent 11.5 MONTHS in body and fender shop getting reconstruction.)

Those are the times I have actually been HIT.  I quit counting the times I have been shot AT, as you just lose interest after a while (drop, crawl to cover, present weapon and look for targets to return fire to...)  I will tell you that "rollover prone" is a VERY useful shooting position, and you would be amazed how much better six inches of cement kerb can make you feel!

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Kind of.  Bullet comes flying in the house while the gfriend & I are wathing tv - she's also studying - on the couch.  I hit the deck immediately (this was in my pre-gun ownership days) and call 911.  Meanwhile, gfriend is looking at me like I'm nuts and asking what that noise was!  

Anyway, no more rounds incoming, cops show up, we find the entry point through the bathroom window.  The bullet had come in, hit the couch 4 inches from gfriend's leg, ricocheted across the floor, and burrowed a few mm's into the hardwood floor under the Lazy Boy chair.  It was a .38.  Anyway, cops come to find out that there was a drunken Quincinera party (Mexican 15th bday party for girl) up the hill, & someone was celebrating w/ his revolver.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Was shot in the neck on April 7, 2001, 10:30AM. Was a 38 Super 1911A1. Hurt like hell, and am lucky to be here. Was shot at a few other times, but never hit. This time was an accident, and the shooter was a very ggod friend.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Duty injuries...

Shot right shoulder.  Required reconstruction of the upper scapula and (eventually) skin grafts from Jungle Rot

Shot in neck, left of spine.  An absolute MIRACLE - just left with a hole all the way thru my neck for my trouble (minimal actual trauma given wound location - spine, trachea, larynx, and carotid and jugular ALL undamaged!)  More vulcanising for same reason as above.

Stabbed in upper left thigh, nicked Femoral artery.  no damn fun (that one was actually in a bar fight - I spent a week UO after being revived, other party spent 11.5 MONTHS in body and fender shop getting reconstruction.)

Those are the times I have actually been HIT.  I quit counting the times I have been shot AT, as you just lose interest after a while (drop, crawl to cover, present weapon and look for targets to return fire to...)  I will tell you that "rollover prone" is a VERY useful shooting position, and you would be amazed how much better six inches of cement kerb can make you feel!

FFZ
View Quote

You are one lucky dude!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I was shot in my left knee when I was three years old. The bullet lodged in my growth plate and the good folks at Childrens Hospital (Oakland,CA) had to remove the bullet through the back of my knee.

It was a racially motivated shooting.

Alex
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#9]
yes,been shot at by a guy u stole money from a freinds car,when we went around to see him about it he came out blasting with a 30-30 lever action,had to run like hell.My brother shot me in the forehead with a .22,just grazed the side so was lucky,he had a nd when we were shooting rabbits,got stabed in the guts by a drunk maniac at a party with a sharpened screw driver,man that hurt,and in the army i never got shot at in anger but had lots of rounds fly past me during live fireing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Call it luck, call it Destiny - I just wasn't supposed to die then.

The stab would put me into an NDE that explained why - I still had to find someone then.  I have now found her, married her, and now I'm wondering what's next...

Meanwhile, I don't plan on spending more time than ABSOLUTELY BLOODY NECESSARY getting shot at anymore!

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is this close enough?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/shooter505%2FP5100002%2EJPG[/img]
View Quote

Looks like ringworm. [;)]  It's a common virus.  Get some ointment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
YES, 1966 FOR TAKING  GALLON OF GAS GOT HIT WITH NUMBER 6 SHOT. THEN 1967&1968 WEED MONKEYS TRIED TO  GET ME.tHEY TRIED REAL HARD IN 68 TET.THE WHOLE THING SUCKS!  428cJ
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Been shot here with a shotgun.  Was  hunting with a fraternity brother(a new one I really didn't know that well) and as we walked along through a field we were maybe 10 yards apart walking parallel when three grouse jumped and as they always do they split.  One flew straight away, one went dead left and one dove hard right.  Now my hunting partner was 10 yards away on my left.  Guess which bird  he fired at?  Yup you got it, the one that went to the right.  At the time I really didn't think much about it but when we got back to the house and I was in the shower I noticed some blood in my underwear and upon closer inspection I had a hole in my jeans and my ass!!!!  The stupid jerk shot me in the ass and if I had been only a half a step further back from where  I was I wouldn't be here today!  So yeah, I have been shot at and hit!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Several times. One time a City guy and I were "opressing" a couple of bangers and a small crowd gathered (as usual). All of a sudden a barrage came from inside the crowd at us. Without thinking I grabbed the guy I was frisking, ducked, and swung him in front of me... OOPS!

No one was hurt (shooting gangsta style, no doubt!) and no one saw anything... Amazing eh?

Two days later I recovered the remainer of my underwear which had been sucked up my ass!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#15]
SJSAMPLE, I have heard that there are some viruses that will kill you if you get them in the wrong place on your body!!

[shock][shock][BD]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#16]
One episode, two shots. They all sound close but I could feel the wind off of one of these. It sucks. I'd rather be on the other end anyday.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#17]
While playing in the weeds, shot at by a (hunter?)  with a 12 gauge.  Prolly a mistake

Shot at with a bb gun.  Pretty close when you can hear a bb buzz, I guess.

Shot at by an M240 coax, but I was inside an M1, so it doesen't count.

Shot in the face by a bottle rocket, but it was friendly fire, (mine) so it don't count.

been lucky so far.

Please be careful folks, ya'all have some scary stories, and dem gunzs is dangerous!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I was shot at by three very bad man, very bad man.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#20]
A couple years ago while turkey hunting with my dad and brother, my brother had a ND and the shot hit the dirt about 3 feet in front of me. He was using my dad's 1897 winchester and his thumb slipped off of the hammer while he was unloading it.

When I was about 9-10 I killed my share of aluminum cans and more than once had a BB bounce off the backstop and hit me...I even had one hit me in the glasses...that caused me to look for a new backstop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, and hit. Not a fun experience.
Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Only once when I was a kid. I was fighting earlier with my little brother, and after that I decided to go hunting. Anyway he came down a hill I had just passed over, and shot a few BBs at me. They hurt more than I thought they would, at that time I was crouching and as a reaction I fell over. Glad I haven't had any firearms shooting experiences.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes, and hit. Not a fun experience.
Meplat-
View Quote
Very true. Took a round that went through spleen, stomach, diaphragm, left lung, internal mammary artery, small intestine, etc, etc. It was over two months before I could even climb one flight of stairs without being exhausted.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#25]
When blasting jackrabbits got too slow. Someonee would yell RUN! It was winter and we all had on heavy coats. We'd lob shot at each other. No one ever got hurt.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm happy to say I've never been shot at(yet)
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#27]
In 1969 I was in first grade. Dad was in Veitnam. We where living in Hooker, OK.. It was Easter Sunday. My mom took me and my older brothers to a friends that had a farm. We were shooting pellet rifles. I went to sit up targets since I was the youngest. And the dickhead kid that lived on the farm shot at a coffee can. It ricochet and hit me in my neck. It stung like a son-of-a-bitch. Mom took me to local doctor, where my aunt was the nurse. The doctor dug it out. He said hit almost hit my juglar.
 Seconed time was close. In junior high. I was at a friends house. I was sitting on the floor between his moms bed and the wall talking to a girl on the phone. He was sitting on the bed. He pulled out his moms bed side handgun. He pulled the magazine out. By doing this he thought it was empty. He pulled the triger. Bullet traveled just inches above my head and into the wall in front of me. Well he wasn't my friend anymore.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes.

Accidentally shot by a "friend" as a teenager. Still get arthritic twinges in hte bone that took the hit.

Shot at by hunters poaching on an Army base. We were in our night time fighting positions and fairly safe, hunkered in our holes. One of the sentries stupidly fired a couple of blank M16 rounds at the hunters, who he thought were part of the exercise. The hunters shot at our positions for about five minutes from a few hundred meters, until I low crawled to the M60 position and fired about twenty rounds (blanks again). That scared them off.

A few more times since then, much more serious. The worst was having the wall in front of me erupt as rounds came through it towards me. Six inches to right and...oh well, my vest was rated for that caliber, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Do SCUD's count..?

I had a few of those sent my direction when I was in Bahrain..

C.g.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top