Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Nothing like a good light and sound show.

Man1: Did you hear that gunshot?
Man2: Naw that was thunder.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Love em.

the wife hates them

I think the thunder storms charges my wifes batteries.  There's no until they settle down.

Oh well, the burdens we bear for our ladies   fullclip
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Love em.

the wife hates them

+1

Except g/f hates them.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Man, that's what I miss about CO.

The summer before I moved to CA, we were having some wicked lightning storms.  So much fun to watch.

What part of Colo. Gabby?

Over here on the western slope we get these piddling little things with half a dozen thunderclaps that last half an hour and the locals talk about the big thunderstorm. I grew up in south west Nebr. A big thunderstorm will last a couple of hours and the best ones are those that have a constant roll of thunder lasting 30 - 40 - 50 minutes or so. Sounds like a freight train going by. Now that's cool!

A couple years ago I was back and watched a big one that just left us traveling east. Around 7:00 pm or so. I just stood out in the yard, leaning on the fence and watched it leave. There was never a moment when there wasn't lightning shooting from one point in the cloud to another. I'll bet I stood there a good hour watching it. Truely amazing and wonderous!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The summer before I moved to CA, we were having some wicked lightning storms.  So much fun to watch.

Aurora/Centennial/Parker area.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I love 'em but respect 'em.        

Something with that much power puts our piddly little lives into perspective.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#8]
two hurricanes this summer..... enough nasty weather for me
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:48:13 AM EDT
[#9]
On days like that, I like to stay home and have lots of Sex.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aurora/Centennial/Parker area.

Pretty much what I figured. Front range. They get their share of big storms, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
On days like that, I like to stay home and have lots of Sex.

Alone?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top