BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

unless we buy up all the NAZIs old belt buckles and have sociopath dress up parties there's going to be another Holocaust?
The thousands of hours of documentaries, thousands of museums, and the Internet won't do
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

unless we buy up all the NAZIs old belt buckles and have sociopath dress up parties there's going to be another Holocaust?
The thousands of hours of documentaries, thousands of museums, and the Internet won't do

How you came up with all that shit from my post...is just fucking weird.

It appears that you have issues with people collecting historical items....because there are documentaries and museums?

I guess I've just missed your 'sentiments' in all the threads about folks collecting firearms with Nazi roll marks.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They are paying $60 for a table to promote the Nazi party.
View Quote

I've seen those assholes
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have seen some very nice, almost museum quality WW2 collections with lots of Nazi memorable.  It usually has nothing to do with celebrating the Nazi's, it has to do with a fascination with an era.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Lemmy from Motorhead is an avid collector of Nazi stuff. He doesn't seem very Nazi to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y--QoH7xRns
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Panzer Black M43 hat and also the Wehrmacht m43 cap....

I wear them without the symbols....they are comfy hats and they do the job.

More or less, Hungary had those versions of the hat during the war but that was not Nazi related but just the general design is nearly close to the Austro Hungarian hats.

I don't sympathize much with the Nazi theme or anything but I like the hat and its design.

Buying the swastika stuff ...kinda icky to me.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got 3 Nazi marked German guns.  Does that make me an angry young man looking to shock, or some kind of a neo nazi scumbag?

View Quote

Nope a nazi marked mauser stil has value as a rifle which can be appreciated as a shooter.

If you're going to buy a belt buckle and don't intend to use it as a belt buckle there is a different appreciation for it
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
IMO...

Nazi marked guns and whatnot are different than huge swastika flags and banners, etc.  Even 'decorative' things like plates and whatnot are somewhat suspect, IMO.  I guess, for me, it's more about is it a functional item and if your friends came over and saw it does it bear the insignia in a kind of 'advertisement' sort of way.  I'd buy an original rifle or a handgun that was Nazi marked, I suppose.  Aside from some of the firearms, very few authentic WWII Nazi pieces are even remotely affordable for the vast majority of people these days, though, and there's not that much of it around.  Far and away most of the stuff you see for sale these days is repro stuff.  I don't know what possible reason, outside of some kind of reenactment group or something, that somebody would have for wanting to buy, say, a repro SS uniform or something along those lines.

IMO.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm ok with WW II German memorabilia   However, that nazi shit represents evil IMHO. It should be burnt and relegated to the ash heap of history.

Que the YouTube clip of the nazi puke in the movie Falling Down.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont have money for that shit and have no interest in repros.
The vehicles and weapons are more my interest anyway... and I really dont have those funds
or id be driving a kettenkrad.

I am also not giving a shit about the repros or people selling them bfd

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I was a history major, focused on Jewish resistance in WW2. I'd be all over that kind of stuff if I had the space and money to collect that sort of stuff.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Obviously someone is buying, because otherwise they wouldn't devote valuable table space to it.  And I'm not talking one or two items, some people have entire tables devoted to swastika kitsch.

Re-enactors?  How many of them are there out there?  And you'd think they would all already have all their stuff by now.  It seems like a pretty limited market for the amount of items for sale.  And original Nazi-marked dishware?  Srsly?  What, are they re-creating bunker dinner parties?

Of course there's the obligatory "angry young men looking to shock" demographic.  But after seig-heiling around a few times & getting the expected (and craved) outraged reactions, I'd think they'd be off to the next fad, facial piercings or Justin Beiber or something.

So who the fuck would want this stuff?  Interesting, sure, but this is more stuff that belongs in a museum than something I'd want on my coffee table.  I suppose it's sort of neat to have, in a macabre kind of way, like having a Genghis Khan knife or something, but still not what I'd want sitting around the house.  Are there really enough neo-Nazis around to support the sellers, and do they really want that clientele?

So does anyone here collect that kind of stuff?  Why?
View Quote

I don't go out of my way to own this kind of thing, but I had a Liberator pistol up until August. I sold it and bought a rifle I definitely know has blood on it.

It's totally worth it to know my Rhodesian FAL slotted some fucking floppies, though.. Fucking communist pigs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]
There are a lot of reenactors out there.  There are large public events almost monthly and smaller "tactical" events spread in between.  Most of the stuff I have seen at gunshows have been repros or fantasy pieces.  Sure there are some good items but a lot of silly medals.    Yes, there are dinner parties associated with reenacting.  My unit has a field kitchen which provides period correct meals(more water than potatoes). Along with eating in the field, there are barracks impressions that allow those wanting to reenact that aspect a chance as well.  Some people like to portray radiomen, clerks, cooks, band, etc.  Many public events have USO dances in the evening that bring all the reenactors together to socialize/drink which is when the more formal attire comes out.  

Yes, I do collect this stuff because I'm interested in Axis history, specifically German, and know that reenactments wouldn't be able to happen if there weren't someone there to be the bad guy.  Public battles almost always end in the Germans getting beat but also shows the public that their grandfathers weren't fighting a bunch of Hogan Heroes type Germans but well equipped and trained men.   I've interacted with many veterans and never had them say anything bad about what I do.  Most are thankfully that their sacrifices are still being remembered and their grandkids get a chance to step back in time with them for a weekend.  

As for Neo-Nazis, yes, they do come out and get all excited when the see us dressed up but are quickly disappointed when we don't share their views.  The German units I know have a strict policy against that behavior and in the case of mine, have you sign paperwork to the effect that you are not one.

Here is a video of the only public battle I have been in that we were allowed to win.  Most of the time I surrender just to see what the Americans will do.  
Battle of Rockford 2011
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Im in the process of building my new house. In the basement, I am going to be building a gun room/war room.

Ill have one room devoted to the Axis of evil and one room devoted to the Allied forces. I have a bunch of stuff from both sides of the fight I plan on displaying in the room.

One wall will be an Allied display, and the opposing wall will be Axis. I have a bunch of money in this stuff I plan on displaying and a lot of it was bought from the guys at these stands. Im no Nazi, I have no fascination with the Nazis, I just love history, and the and collecting it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It appears that you have issues with people collecting historical items....because there are documentaries and museums?

I guess I've just missed your 'sentiments' in all the threads about folks collecting firearms with Nazi roll marks.
View Quote

Guns have an appreciable value as firearms. A Lot of old mausers shoot pretty damned well. Rollmarks in general have little value to me in any real way ( a lower is a a lower, annoying serial number fetishes)
Daggers have value as stabbing weapons but I like benchmade butterflies over swastikas. Better tech, metals and customer service

hoarding silly knicknacks bcause they are covered in swastikas and made between a certain period of years really doesn't increase our view of history. the world would not forget about the horrors of the SS if all the totenkopf hat pins, swastika belt buckles, and medals were all smelted to make the worlds largest narwhal sculpture (nor would the sculpture be intrinsically evil) its a fetish. "Historical item" is an incredibly vague term. If you have the rifle used to shoot von Stauffenberg then yes its a historical item, if you have the luger your grandfather took from the guy who tried to kill him I think that applies as well but a pair of pants (especially if they don't fit you) you find at a gun show and are buying because you have a hard on for the third reich and it matches your shirt made in the same place at the same time then you are just buying nazi shit to buy nazi shit and it's not a historical artifact any more than buying an old track suit at goodwill.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]

I have some Nazi stuff. Some I collected myself. Some my one uncle obtained when he was in Germany during WWII.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#16]
There's been a table of guys who've been showing nazi crap at my local gun show for as for as I can remember.

From time to time, one the "history buffs" from the nazi table removes the nazi uniform from the mannequin, puts it on, and struts  around the venue like he was Hermann Goering.

Last month a Jewish guy who was a private seller at a nearby table had enough, and words flew.

Then they spit at each other and began to duke it out.

"Hermann" got the worst of it by far.

Funny thing is the number of undercovers who appeared out of nowhere to break up the fight; you wouldn't believe how many undercover deputies were at the show.

I have to say I really enjoyed seeing that strutting nazi scumbag get his ass kicked by a much older, but apparently, highly motivated guy.

So far as I know nobody was charged.

The next shows in a couple of weeks and I'm wondering if the Nazi "history buff" will still be strutting around the venue in full regalia.

ETA: There are certainly legitimate collectors of war memorabilia from all of the combatants who do not espouse the nazi beliefs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't think of it as vendors of historical memorabilia... think of it is a Call of Duty cosplay outlet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There are a lot of reenactors out there.  There are large public events almost monthly and smaller "tactical" events spread in between.  Most of the stuff I have seen at gunshows have been repros or fantasy pieces.  Sure there are some good items but a lot of silly medals.    Yes, there are dinner parties associated with reenacting.  My unit has a field kitchen which provides period correct meals(more water than potatoes). Along with eating in the field, there are barracks impressions that allow those wanting to reenact that aspect a chance as well.  Some people like to portray radiomen, clerks, cooks, band, etc.  Many public events have USO dances in the evening that bring all the reenactors together to socialize/drink which is when the more formal attire comes out.  

Yes, I do collect this stuff because I'm interested in Axis history, specifically German, and know that reenactments wouldn't be able to happen if there weren't someone there to be the bad guy.  Public battles almost always end in the Germans getting beat but also shows the public that their grandfathers weren't fighting a bunch of Hogan Heroes type Germans but well equipped and trained men.   I've interacted with many veterans and never had them say anything bad about what I do.  Most are thankfully that their sacrifices are still being remembered and their grandkids get a chance to step back in time with them for a weekend.  

As for Neo-Nazis, yes, they do come out and get all excited when the see us dressed up but are quickly disappointed when we don't share their views.  The German units I know have a strict policy against that behavior and in the case of mine, have you sign paperwork to the effect that you are not one.

Here is a video of the only public battle I have been in that we were allowed to win.  Most of the time I surrender just to see what the Americans will do.  
Battle of Rockford 2011
View Quote

I did ww1 for a while.  Even the ww1 germans seemed to mostly think youse guys are nuts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Right, because the Japanese were absolute angels during the war. They didn't experiment on Chinese prisoners/civilians, massacre civilians, put people in concentration camps, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have some items like that.  My family always referred to those tables as "Nazi underwear" vendors.

I always saw these items as war booty.  "My grandpappy kicked your grandpappy's ass... and now I've got your dinner plates."

Anyone who hangs up a ton of Nazi shit on the wall has issues.

I put Japanese war booty on the walls, but would not put up Nazi stuff.

Right, because the Japanese were absolute angels during the war. They didn't experiment on Chinese prisoners/civilians, massacre civilians, put people in concentration camps, etc.

Fuck it, I'll say it. Because one included Jewish people, the other did not. Can't you see the enormous difference now?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you even history, brah?

I'd own some of that stuff, if I could tell what was fake and what was real.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty elaborate for a troll thread.

Sup

Oops.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I put Japanese war booty on the walls, but would not put up Nazi stuff.

View Quote

The Japanese were at least as bad as the Nazis.  Far worse, in isolated incidents.
True story.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife's grandfather was a guard at Nuremburg.  Against orders, he collected autographs in a small book, which he hid in a hollowed-out Bible.  Only Rudolf Hess would not sign. The family is still in possession of the book and other things.  He passed about 7 years ago.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to have a fair collection of Nazi belt buckles, badges, patches and bayonets. I was by no means

a Fascist or Nazi. They were very well made pieces of history. I sold them long ago

and sure wish I didn't
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
The only time I have ever even slowed down at the Nazi tables has been with my grandfather's war trophy in hand, to get it appraised. It's the only thing I own with a swastika on it, and the only thing I'm interested in.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I did ww1 for a while.  Even the ww1 germans seemed to mostly think youse guys are nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

WW1 reenactors are nuts!  I've heard of them beating each other with rubber bats and shovels during trench raids.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have the Panzer Black M43 hat and also the Wehrmacht m43 cap....

I wear them without the symbols....they are comfy hats and they do the job.

More or less, Hungary had those versions of the hat during the war but that was not Nazi related but just the general design is nearly close to the Austro Hungarian hats.

I don't sympathize much with the Nazi theme or anything but I like the hat and its design.

Buying the swastika stuff ...kinda icky to me.

View Quote

Makes sense to me
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:22:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sup
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sup

Maybe I will set up tables at the gun shows selling memorabilia from banned members.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#30]
You guys do realize that the U.S. Symbol has done some pretty bad stuff don't you?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

WW1 reenactors are nuts!  I've heard of them beating each other with rubber bats and shovels during trench raids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

The rubber shovels don't hold a candle to the pilots.  We used to check our helmets for tire tracks when they did low passes.

Nobody does a reenactment like those boys.  Not anywhere.  I'll get back to it eventually.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You guys do realize that the U.S. Symbol has done some pretty bad stuff don't you?

View Quote

The winners write the history books.  Not saying that our country is comparable to Nazi Germany, but we definitely have some skeletons in our closet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#33]
when I was teaching full time I would pick up pieces occasionally to use as props in class. No, I was not teaching my students to be good little Nazis, I used them as items of proof that the Final Solution actually happened.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
when I was teaching full time I would pick up pieces occasionally to use as props in class. No, I was not teaching my students to be good little Nazis, I used them as items of proof that the Final Solution actually happened.
View Quote

Fair enough.  My mom taught for a while back in the 50's, and she taught "communism" along with all the other "-isms", even during the height of McCarthyism.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The winners write the history books.  Not saying that our country is comparable to Nazi Germany, but we definitely have some skeletons in our closet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We sure do and most of us have AR15's. Most of the German Military were not monsters either.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess my grandparents were closet Neo's since they brought back lots of WW2 memorabilia after fighting in Europe. They also traded some of it for Pacific theater items from other servicemen.
Maybe I'm a closet communist since I like to collect Soviet era items. Could be I was an impressionable teen during the height of the cold war. Could be that I know history is already being rewritten to suggest the Soviet Union was not the horrific socialist regime that killed about 100mil in the 20th century.

I do know, that putting your hands on history helps make it "real" to many people, and lets me do what I can to educate family and friends.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:40:14 PM EDT
[#37]

This guy.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Jeez sometimes ARF shows it's PC commie side. Some people find that kind of stuff fascinating. Hell I would love to have some kind of weird Nazi paraphernalia as a conversation piece in my man cave. That doesn't mean I want to murder thousands of people with insecticide in my basement....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"history buffs"

Supposedly so we don't forget.
View Quote

I'm 25 and like antiques. I have 2 things from Nazi Germany. I wouldn't say it's so "we don't forget" but it is a very important part of history. It honestly creeps me to even look at and think of the body count tied to it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Fair enough.  My mom taught for a while back in the 50's, and she taught "communism" along with all the other "-isms", even during the height of McCarthyism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to be perfectly honest I also have a small collection of Communist artifacts too, along with some Civil War artifacts, some pieces of medieval armaments and WWI accessories too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I have nazi stuff but it isnt because I agree with them. The stuff I have mostly was brought home by my grandfather when he served in ww2. I also like to collect old shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Bloomberg
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Ive got SS bolts tatted on my neck, for the sake of history.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sup

In before familiar....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Amateur.

I have a blood group tattoo on the lower part of my bicep. For history.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Amateur.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amateur.

Im working up to the big swastika chest piece.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amateur.

A real Aryan doesn't need tattoos. The blood in his veins is enough to identify him to his volkskameraden.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A real Aryan doesn't need tattoos. The blood in his veins is enough to identify him to his volkskameraden.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amateur.

Makes sense.  Im not a real Aryan.  Im a half breed mutt who likes historic tattoos.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Makes sense.  Im not a real Aryan.  Im a half breed mutt who likes historic tattoos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amateur.

Traitor!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm 25 and like antiques. I have 2 things from Nazi Germany. I wouldn't say it's so "we don't forget" but it is a very important part of history. It honestly creeps me to even look at and think of the body count tied to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"history buffs"

Supposedly so we don't forget.

I've got a WWII British Enfield, I bet it's killed as many people, if not more, than my WWII era K98.  And my Russian Nagant is WWI era and been arsenal reconditioned twice. God only knows how many people have been shot, bayoneted or bludgeoned to death with that thing.  No one was killed with a Nazi uniform medal or something similar.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "don't put human values on inanimate objects.".  But it's what we all do, and it's why the $2 gun that Booth used to kill Lincoln is the most valuable gun in the world.

Neo Nazi's are scum, but that's not a reason to destroy historical artifacts as some here would do.  Funny, no one ever suggests destroying WWII Russian items, and Stalin made Hitler look like a piker.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top