Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
African Americans need to talk to Jews about slavery.  It might put this subject in its place.

IBTL.

Indeed!  The Jews are far closer in time to their time of anguish.  It's still within living memory!  Do Jews constantly whine and lean on the Holocost as a crutch rather than pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps.  Black people (African American) could learn alot from the experience and behavior of the Jews.

In future I am to be referred to as a European American.  To do otherwise would be insensitive.  Don't call me Cracker (it's the other "C" word).

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who cares.
I have never owned anybody.
My father never owned anybody.
Nor his father.
In fact when my family came to this country WE were the slaves. (Surfs)
Where the fuck are MY reperations?

+1

+1

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Let the whiteys make an ass of themselves if they want to.  I can't imagine what they're hoping to really accomplish.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah parading around in chains for a short time will definately make up for slavery. I can see it now, the NAACP, Black Panther's , and Nation of Islam, are all going to send each and every white person in chains a big thank you, and no African-American will ever feel ill twoard white people or mention opression again. Finally someone has found a way to cure our sickness sowed deep into the soil turned by the laboring hands of slaves.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Proud to say my Great Grandparents were part of the underground railroad.

[Austin Powers] You know, that old chesnut. [/Austin Powers]

Semper Fi

Yeah...just like every Frenchman was in the Resistance.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Blacks are the original slave traders.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's freaking hilarious.

However, I don't think those white folks have gotten enough of their self-absorbed morally superior guilt out of their system - and I suggest they come over to my house, where they can really identify with the slaves' suffering by cutting my lawn, finishing my basement, and doing some body work on my mustang.

That's cruelty, DK-Prof, that's downright cruel, making somebody do body work and rust work. You'll be known as the new Simon Legree . Be careful your office doesn't get picketed by the Young and Deluded.

I think that would be better "penitence" that holding up traffic in an attention-whoring show.

Well, where else are they going to find people who A) will listen to them and B) won't harm them....

Quite frankly - if they wanted to do something meaningful, they could go into economically depressed inner cities and help build houses or something.  I guess inconveniencing people and getting lots of attention is somehow more "penitent" that actually helping "Habitat for HUmanity" do something worthwhile.

Yeah, they can join Jimmy Carter, and play away at being carpenters. Of course, being the ex-prez, he enjoys SS protection, 24-7. You know, men with guns, badges, and backup. The protesters don't enjoy that privilege, but live in a just as hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar of a dream world as Jimmeh the Peanut Farmer does . If they are lucky, they'll just get ignored. But it's more likely they'll get mugged or raped by some of the people they are allegedly trying to help.  

Ah, yes, irony. And Darwin. What a combo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not apologizing to anyone about this. It's past and history. Those goofs need to learn to deal with it. And I'm sure some of my ancestors owned slaves. However, I don't and never have (probably). Nothing to say "I'm sorry" for.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So how much for a young white woman with big hooters??

SGtar15

Sage,

Despite the appeal of such a woman, I'll have to caution you about making that kind of statement.

There is slavery going on today.  Yes, some of it here in the USA.  They call it "Human Trafficking" and is a form of underground slavery where women (and sometimes children) are kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery.  It's devestatingly common for women from ex-soviet countries to be sucked into this slavery, but it also happens to vulnerable women in just about any country.  I'd explain more, but I'll get depressed if I go farther into it.  Please read up on it.

always someone that lets the facts get in the way of a good story, huh, Sarge?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#10]
It is pathetic that so many people can't find anything better to do with their time. Maybe they'll pick up trash from the streets as they march. Nah- that would be too useful and constructive.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#11]
KILL WHITEY!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yea, why don't they try and get reperations from the tribes of Africa?   Oh wait!!! That will not happen because they don't have any form of wealth!!!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#14]
[rant]Christ, i'm so sick of this "the man keeping me down" mentality.  and "pride of the motherland" crap.  fact of the matter is.....i feel that initally, an injustice was done unto the african people by being forced into slavery....but in hind sight, it turned out to be a FAVOR.  african americans can get a free college education among other things.  not to mention they arent living on the plains hunting cape buffalo.  from my findings and world travels..ive found that Africans have next to NOTHING nice to say about African Americans.  I'm of Irish/Scot. ethnicity, but you dont see me over in London demanding a free education and repairations....because...above ALL else, i'm AMERICAN and i KNOW i have it good compaired to my ancestors..and i'm very thankful for that and what i have.  i just wish certain African American groups would realize the same. [/rant off]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#15]
This is funny beyond belief! So can all my ancestors who had to get out of Ireland because they were on the losing side against the British now claim 'reparations' because they emigrated to the US?…

"The Lifeline Expedition to the USA will take place from September 25 to October 20 2004. We will have a core team of Africans, Africans of the Diaspora (especially African Americans) and white Americans and Europeans We will visit the following places -

Sept 25-30 Annapolis
Sept 30-Oct2 Baltimore
Oct 2-6 Boston
Oct 6-8 Newport RI
Oct 8-11 New York
Oct 11-14 Charleston
Oct 14-20 Richmond (including a walk from Jamestown to Williamsburg.)

Annapolis is a very significant location for the start of the expedition. It was here on Sept 29th 1767 that Kunta Kinte, the hero of Alex Haley's novel Roots, is supposed to have arrived on the slave ship Lord Ligonier. The plan is that we will have a re-enactment there on that date, with the opportunity to express apology in what will probably be a very public context.

Over the course of the whole expedition, we will aim to do the following:

Pray "on site with insight" at places associated with the slave trade.

Walk in the yokes and chains and bring the message of apology to Africans of the Diaspora.

Raise awareness of the legacy of the slave trade and ongoing slavery and racism today through the media and the leaflets we give out.

Visit city halls and encourage cities which have not apologised for their involvement in the slave trade to consider doing so."

www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk/USA.html

Andy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
This is funny beyond belief! So can all my ancestors who had to get out of Ireland because they were on the losing side against the British now claim 'reparations' because they emigrated to the US?…

"The Lifeline Expedition to the USA will take place from September 25 to October 20 2004. We will have a core team of Africans, Africans of the Diaspora (especially African Americans) and white Americans and Europeans We will visit the following places -

Sept 25-30 Annapolis
Sept 30-Oct2 Baltimore
Oct 2-6 Boston
Oct 6-8 Newport RI
Oct 8-11 New York
Oct 11-14 Charleston
Oct 14-20 Richmond (including a walk from Jamestown to Williamsburg.)

Annapolis is a very significant location for the start of the expedition. It was here on Sept 29th 1767 that Kunta Kinte, the hero of Alex Haley's novel Roots, is supposed to have arrived on the slave ship Lord Ligonier. The plan is that we will have a re-enactment there on that date, with the opportunity to express apology in what will probably be a very public context.

Over the course of the whole expedition, we will aim to do the following:

Pray "on site with insight" at places associated with the slave trade.

Walk in the yokes and chains and bring the message of apology to Africans of the Diaspora.

Raise awareness of the legacy of the slave trade and ongoing slavery and racism today through the media and the leaflets we give out.

Visit city halls and encourage cities which have not apologised for their involvement in the slave trade to consider doing so."

www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk/USA.html

Andy

EXACTLY!! see my above post
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
[rant]Christ, i'm so sick of this "the man keeping me down" mentality.  and "pride of the motherland" crap.  fact of the matter is.....i feel that initally, an injustice was done unto the african people by being forced into slavery....but in hind sight, it turned out to be a FAVOR.  african americans can get a free college education among other things.  not to mention they arent living on the plains hunting cape buffalo.  from my findings and world travels..ive found that Africans have next to NOTHING nice to say about African Americans.  I'm of Irish/Scot. ethnicity, but you dont see me over in London demanding a free education and repairations....because...above ALL else, i'm AMERICAN and i KNOW i have it good compaired to my ancestors..and i'm very thankful for that and what i have.  i just wish certain African American groups would realize the same. [/rant off]

The best rant I have ever seen on this site!   I just wish more people would see it your way, and stop trying to take advantage of the system!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Send your comments to the 'guilty parties'……

Joseph Zintseme,
Email: [email protected]
Tel:(001)804.236.8898

David Pott,
Email: [email protected]
Tel:0044 208 694 2220
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, this is swell. 400 years from now a bunch of black people will have to march through Annapolis wearing golf clothes to make up for helping white people look stupid.

Now, anybody care to quote me on slavery????

I, for one, would like to hear what you have to say, CavVet.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
WTF??

+2
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I seem to remember reading something about 'supply and demand' once.........

<reply_25_years_from_now>
What is 'supply and demand'?  Hey, has anybody seen my ID card?  I need to get some water on the way home and I only have 20 credits/euros left on that thing.
</reply_25_years_from_now>

<reply_50_years_from_now>
What's an ID card?  Why do you need to "find" your credits?  Why not just wave your hand past the payment station on your way home?
</reply_50_years_from_now>

<how_all_these_people_from_the_future_commenting_on_this_thread_are_making_me_feel>

</how_all_these_people_from_the_future_commenting_on_this_thread_are_making_me_feel>
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
ATTENTION EUROPEANS:

Long ago you fed MY PEOPLE to the lions in Rome.

I demand REPARATIONS.

Or at least free pizza.

+1.

Those Italians Romans sure make some good pizza.  I likey the pizza.  Next time I see one, I'm a gonna ask him:

"Where's my 40 pizzas and a moped, bitch?!?"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top