[#1]
left lane fast
right lane slow

learn it
love it
live it
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
All of the above... no wait, all drivers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
tailgaters
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
"Drives too slow in the fast lane", no question about it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#6]
SNOWBIRDS!!!!

The Q-tips in their Lincolns, overloading the roads every day at around lunchtime, and every friday at 5 o'clock.
Can't wait for them to leave again....
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All of the above... no wait, all drivers.

+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#8]
All the assholes that drive and TALK on a PHONE !!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Slow drivers, elderly drivers, and especially slow elderly drivers.

+1
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Are there FAST elderly drivers??

Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]

You left out " the woman trying to drive with her knees while putting on her makeup".
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Only when they confuse the gas pedal with the brake, jump the curb & plow thru hapless pedestrians.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Only when they confuse the gas pedal with the brake, jump the curb & plow thru hapless pedestrians.

Oh yeah.  There were a coupla massacres by geezers  latley because of that.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#14]
all the above
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Most any driver with breasts
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]
The ones that piss me off the most are change lanes constantly (especially without using turn signals) and driving like a bat out of hell to get ahead by 10 seconds or not at all, especially when they are behind me and get around me and in front of me, to get to a fucking red light faster.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I am the drive too slow in the fast lane guy.  Shit I drive 5 over the speed limit in the fast lane, if you can't hold the speed limit than too bad, If you tail gate me I will slow down rather than speed up and then pull in behind the slow lane people when it opens up.  I will not speed up to let you move ahead, I slow down to let you move ahead.

I am not a real calm driver nothing on your list pisses me off, so I picked the speeders since I like to intentionally slow them down and be in thier way just for shits.

So, in essence, that makes you an asshole.

One of many things I miss about the Autobahn,  assholes get tickets for impeding traffic flow.

Oops, should say hypocritical assholes.  Your 5 over is ok, but if someone is doing 10 over, fuck them

TXL
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh, I forgot the driver that I dislike the most- The driver of the cop car. Specifically the one that pulled me over today! I got a 150 dollar tax ticket for 15 over Sucks to be me!
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Stupid cellphone talking drivers who make me late because they sat through a green light talking on their phone.

My horn gets a lot of exercise with those types of people.

Keep your horn in shape.
Link Posted: 3/5/2005 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Tailgaters.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:13:37 AM EDT
[#21]
If someone is passing you on the right, it doesn't matter how fast you're going.  Move over.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:16:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I hate ALL other drivers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#23]
The kind that drive Honda hybrids with bumper stickers that say "No Iran War" and "No Syrian War".
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:39:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone in front of me would be the most logical choice
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#25]
We should all practice "driving right" like in Germany.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#26]
The majority of American drivers wouldn't comprehend that system.  Hell, they have a hard enough time with "Slower traffic keep right" signs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I chose the first, but my biggest pet peeve is drivers who don't use their turn signals...I fucking hate that...
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#28]
I hate drivers who can't hang up the fucking cell phone long enough to pay attention to what is going on around them and drive their vehicle. But then I can't stand it when people have a cell phone attached to their face all the time anyway. I shot (that's right, I SHOT it!) my cell phone 2 years ago , and have been happier since.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
We should all practice "driving right" like in Germany.

I really think that would stop 90% of all road rage incidents.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#30]
I hate 18-wheelers with a passion! Oh wait,I drive one! Dammit,I knew there was something I hated about myself!
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#31]
How about people who are turning right on red.. more and more I see that these people seem to think they have the right of way to left-turn lgith traffic... or even straight traffic. They'll just shoot right out there. Fuckers!

I apply traffic patterns to foot traffic as ell. I hate it when I'm walking on the right side of a sidewalk and some asshat is coming right at me in the same lane... Might work in England but not where I'm walking.

Or when a group off assholes is taking up the entire width of the sidewalk and forcing peopel to move OFF the sidealk in order to allow them to pass. No longer an issue with me because I usually have a stroller to run them over with, but the ignorance factor still pisses me off.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#32]
My pet peeve is the 10 under the limit on a busy 2 lane highway person. Washington State is infested with these buttheads. I have found alternate routes to get to most of the places I want to get to, but I can't avoid them at certain choke-points.

I swear, I'm gonna mount a paint-ball turret on my roof, with a 10,000 ball hopper and head tracking aiming system like the AH-64, so I can voice my displeasure of being held up due to the other driver's incompetence.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 9:54:25 AM EDT
[#33]
1. Drunk
2. Suspended
3. Unlicensed
4. Old
5. Young
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:23:50 AM EDT
[#34]
After reading the above post... I'd say the drivers I hate the most are the UNINSURED drivers, particularly the ones that run into me and I end up paying for their negligence not only by my insurance company paying out but by my insurance company raising my premium because of an accident that wans't my fault.

Not that this has happened to me... but it has happened to family.

Or just tack on uninsured to all of the choices... this shoudl go without saying.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:34:02 AM EDT
[#35]
1.  Drivers who think the left lane is for left-handed people.  It's the PASSING LANE, ASSHOLES!  Either pass or get the fuck over!
2. Morons who don't respect safe intervals.  It's almost impossible to maintain a safe interval between you and the car ahead of you because INEVITABLY some idiot will use that gap to squeeze in front of you and gain that all-important ONE car length advantage.
3. Idiots who put their turn signal on AS they turn, rather than before.  Yeah, dipshit, I KNOW you're turning now.  How about a little WARNING?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#36]
The people that piss me off the most are the ones that cannot comprehend this SIMPLE, considerate little phrase:

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

in some states it is:

KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS

If you ain't in Law Enforcement, MOVE THE FUCK OVER AND LET PEOPLE PASS YOU, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU'RE DOING THE SPEED LIMIT OR 5-10 MPH OVER.

It takes a hell of a lot of brainpower, effort and calories to operate the turn signal and move the wheel slightly, but give it a try. Let someone else troll for cops-it's the best thing to do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:35:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
3. Idiots who put their turn signal on AS they turn, rather than before.  Yeah, dipshit, I KNOW you're turning now.  How about a little WARNING?

that and people who have not yet learned that their cars have a turn-signal
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that and people who have not yet learned that their cars have a turn-signal

Well yeah, them too...but at least I can console myself with the thought "Oh, they probably just forgot to use their signal." With the idiots that turn it on AS they turn, you gotta think they believe that's the proper way to USE the things!  It boggles the fucking mind.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Older folks..."Your driving like a bat out of Hades!  Your going to kill us all"

Slow, drifting, no awareness of others, timing, etc.  They should plan their route and attend a brieffing before going out.  Get a clue.

yes... I will be old someday too!
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I use my turn signal to tell people I'm changing lanes, not to ask them. Around here, you "ask" to change lanes most people take pleasure in bunching up to keep you where you are.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use my turn signal to tell people I'm changing lanes, not to ask them. Around here, you "ask" to change lanes most people take pleasure in bunching up to keep you where you are.

I'm not even talking about changing lanes, I'd just like a little warning that you're intending to turn BEFORE you hit the brakes right in front of me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#42]
You forgot "Driver who tailgates you even when you are going over the speed limit."
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The one that pisses me off is the guy driving slow in front of me who speeds up when I try to pass.

Who if you decide not to pass, then slows right down to his pre-pass attempt speed. If you do pass, he starts tailgating.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Here in Detroit there's the dickheads who on a two lane street will see both lanes occupied at a red light. Instead of waiting along with everyone else, they will blast up the curb lane with inches to spare on either side and holeshot everyone at the light. That's why you see so many torn off side mirrors

I'm sure a lot of pedestrians get creamed here crossing the street when these jokers force their way through at 40 miles an hour.

I had one woman do this to me where the street was merging into one lane, in a school zone with children present. In order to pass me on the right she literally went up on  the curb and passed me with the right wheels in the grass, going about 35 or 40.

Detroit ranks up there for the worst drivers I have ever seen. Oh, and you have to watch out for the following "ghetto cruisers":

1) A Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge K Car. (Slowly being replaced by Neons)
2) A clapped-out, smoke belching conversion van.
3) Car with registration tabs sprinkled willy-nilly over the entire license plate.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Not sure if I should just start this question in a new thread, but...

do any of you see the asshole drivers coming and intentionally turn the tables on them and by doing so you become the asshole?

For example: You leave the 1 car length buffer zone between you and the guy in front of you. Being situationally aware, you see some jerk jumping in and out of lanes, coming up quick or you see a guy who is just really antsy and just waiting for his break to pass in the right lane and jump into your buffer zone.

When you see him make his move do you intentionally match his speed or close the gap forcing back behind you? I do this all the time. I'll also, on occasion, pull a Chinese roadblock on someone if they pissed me off.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Not sure if I should just start this question in a new thread, but...

do any of you see the asshole drivers coming and intentionally turn the tables on them and by doing so you become the asshole?

For example: You leave the 1 car length buffer zone between you and the guy in front of you. Being situationally aware, you see some jerk jumping in and out of lanes, coming up quick or you see a guy who is just really antsy and just waiting for his break to pass in the right lane and jump into your buffer zone.

When you see him make his move do you intentionally match his speed or close the gap forcing back behind you? I do this all the time. I'll also, on occasion, pull a Chinese roadblock on someone if they pissed me off.

Not sure what a Chinese Roadblock is, but I sometimes do "take up the slack" between myself and the car in front of me to prevent some asshole from squeezing in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#47]
You forgot an "everybody but me" option
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not even talking about changing lanes, I'd just like a little warning that you're intending to turn BEFORE you hit the brakes right in front of me.

Well that is a peeve of mine, people that need to use the brakes to switch lanes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The one that pisses me off is the guy driving slow in front of me who speeds up when I try to pass.

Why the hell do people do this?????????????????

Also, the vast majority of people who majikally speed up 5-10mph when a road goes to two lanes but slow down again when it goes back to one!
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The kind that drive Honda hybrids with bumper stickers that say "No Iran War" and "No Syrian War".

Haha, a guy in a truck decided he was going to plow through my lane with no signal.  He almost hit so I honked, and he turned around and flipped me the bird.

He had a peace sign sticker on his back bumper.  How interesting.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top