Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Why don't these two children try talking to each other?  Can't they work out a parking/sprinkling schedule?  Does this really need to be worked out on arfcom GD?  

It's both persons' fault, and neither persons' fault.  

PS If I owned the sprinkler house, I'd buy the other guy a car cover.  Then I'd sprinkle without compunction.  If I were the car guy, I'd move my car.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Would watering his yard at a different time cause a burden on A?

Sounds to me like A needs to repair the rust damage to B’s truck and maybe adjust his sprinkler timer. Else B takes superglue to A’s sprinkler heads.    

Neighbor A is doing nothing wrong, If Neighbor B has a problem he can go piss up a rope.

My yard, I will do what I want.

If my neighbors do not like it tough, My Property is none of their business.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
They're both at fault for living too close to each other.

City dorks, I'll never understand them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Causing rust stains on the truck is a lot different from "a few water spots". I have enough respect for my neighbor and myself than to cause him any grief, no matter how trival I think it may be. And I expect the same from him.

If I spend the weekend polishing and detailing my ride I can accept any rain or other "act of God". But my neighbor is not God.     Fullclip  

You sure? What if he is god, then what you gonna do?

All I am saying is it is WATER, FUCKING WATER.

Some of you people would shit yourselves and die if you drove on this Oklahoma red clay.

OH NO red clay stains on my truck, OH NOOOOOOOOOO

Same as we have here. After a rain, you have monster tires from the mud sticking to them. A trip to the farm has my truck weighing double. I live a short trip from the Red River... fullclip

DAMN YOU, you would have to agree with me....

Now who am I going to argue with........
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Neighbor A is wrong. He can water up to a few feet of the property line so even a strong wind wouldn't put any of his acid wiater across the property line onto his neighbor's property. Put yourself in each neighbor's shoes. It's a lot easier to move the sprinkler a few feet away than the inconvienence of  having to move your truck around in your own driveway around your neighbor's schedule. My two cents and all that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Causing rust stains on the truck is a lot different from "a few water spots". I have enough respect for my neighbor and myself than to cause him any grief, no matter how trival I think it may be. And I expect the same from him.

If I spend the weekend polishing and detailing my ride I can accept any rain or other "act of God". But my neighbor is not God.     Fullclip  

You sure? What if he is god, then what you gonna do?

All I am saying is it is WATER, FUCKING WATER.

Some of you people would shit yourselves and die if you drove on this Oklahoma red clay.

OH NO red clay stains on my truck, OH NOOOOOOOOOO

Same as we have here. After a rain, you have monster tires from the mud sticking to them. A trip to the farm has my truck weighing double. I live a short trip from the Red River... fullclip

DAMN YOU, you would have to agree with me....

Now who am I going to argue with........

I argue with myself a lot....  fullclip
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
<Snip> Neighbor A is wrong. He can water up to a few feet of the property line so even a strong wind wouldn't put any of his acid wiater across the property line onto his neighbor's property. <Snip>

Exactly.  The guy's truck isn't crossing the property line.  The water is.

Case closed.

Next up: Pissing from my yard onto my neighbor's car: right or wrong?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]

If you can't park in your own driveway without getting nasty ass well water stains on your truck, WTF?  Set the sprinklers differently to not spray on someone elses property or water at a different time. Common courtesy goes a long way.  I'd bet the guy with the truck asked politely a few times...as would I.  Then it's time to wait for the correct wind and apply a little roundup to my property and let God distribute the overspray, what's the difference?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Neighbor A is wrong. He can water up to a few feet of the property line so even a strong wind wouldn't put any of his acid wiater across the property line onto his neighbor's property. Put yourself in each neighbor's shoes. It's a lot easier to move the sprinkler a few feet away than the inconvienence of  having to move your truck around in your own driveway around your neighbor's schedule. My two cents and all that.

His sprinklers are only aimed at HIS property. However in high winds the water can be carried as much as 50 feet. There is NO WAY he can water his lawn and NOT have it carry if the winds are up.

Also this is a in ground sprinkler system. Not something on a hose. Can't really move it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His sprinklers are only aimed at HIS property. However in high winds the water can be carried as much as 50 feet. There is NO WAY he can water his lawn and NOT have it carry if the winds are up.

Also this is a in ground sprinkler system. Not something on a hose. Can't really move it.

The easiest solution is to agree to a time setting that will allow "B" to expect to be gone, therefore the truck is not there.

If he is there, and his truck, at the agreed time, tough shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]

The neighbor watering his lawn is in the wrong.

His right to water his lawn ends where the other guy's property line begins.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top