Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like San Diego.

Yup. Seriously, San Diego probably has the best weather in the country, hands down. The problem is, it's in California...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I lived in shorts and a tee shirt in San Diego,

Average temp is 72 degrees year round if you live on the coast. Great weather, beaches, women, and everybody knows it. SoCal is waaaay too crowded. But if you're young and don't care about gun rights, it can still be a hoot.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Hello. Please help me here. I am at witts end.

I want to move. No more Pittsburgh for me. I would like to move some place where it is WARM, all the time. I am talking "ever-summer", "never-winter".

Here is what i want.....

My first, and only priority is that it MUST be warm: warm in the summer, warm in the winter. I am talking like 70's+ during the day. I would prefer no lower than 60's at night, but i could handle down to the low 50's or high 40's at night... but that has to be a rarity.

Panama.  Belize. Costa Rica.  Carribean.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hawaii checking in here .

yeah.  i tried sending you an IM after your thread about 58 degrees.... then i tried sending you an email... but i dont know if you got it or not.

thanks for the help.

yes, i am white.  how bad off does that make me?

i thought honolulu would be the easiest place to start because it has the most number of people.   what about an apartment complex?  are there any ?  are they cheaper?

the other islands are real nice compared to this place .

what does that mean?  seriously... i would appreciate it.

i did some research, there is no chance of CCW and mag limit for a "hand gun" is 10 rounds.  no class 3 either.

yeah, i noticed you HAVE to be a resident to get a gov job.

yes i like to eat.

thanks for the help

the other islands are more kickback ,alot of time the streets will roll up at 7 to 8 pm and earlier . honolulu is a big city with lots of people and alot of riff raff . work is harder to find for a new person on the other islands atleast a liveable wage , but like anything you stick with it and youll be able to make it happen .

gettin a job right now should be fairly easy on oahu . if your unskilled plan on minimum wage to maybe 10 maybe 12 per hour if your lucky . so now that you make 10 bucks an hour plan on workin 2 jobs to pay the rent of an apartment of lets say between 1000 and 1500 hundred a month.and yes there are lots of apartments .

ok lets talk about the white thing . if you know how to carry yourself you should have no problems . there are alot of good people of all races here , but my experience is that the white guy gets the shit end of the stick most of the time.
thats just my 2cents , like it or not thats the way it is . i hope it will be different for you .

i notice that you didnt mention anything about women or beaches , is there a problem in that department .

on the web look up honolulu advertiser its the local paper .

good luck , your gonna need it .
oh ya i forgot one thing , this place aint part of the US of A as far as im concerned

#1 chix hate me
#2 beaches have chix....  see #1  i  have accepted this.

oh, i am a college grad: business, econ, accounting, triple.  6 years exp in all areas of consumer finance & real estate.  i am a clean cut, professional type.

i made the comment about being a garbage man to show what i would be willing to do to be warm.

did you mean that all the shops close at 7-8 pm?  i didnt understand

what about life on the west coast of the big island?  like honaunau and north... all along that coast?  i would prefer there... but i thought that honolulu would be easier to find work.

thank you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, there's this city called New Orleans.........

might get kinda lonely though.

I wouldn't move there unless you are seriously into heat and humidity.  Summers are brutal.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Cold in Hawaii the whole week so far, and windy today to boot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Africa?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:27:32 AM EDT
[#11]
ALADAMNBAMABUTNOTIFUACTLIKEAYANKEE

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hello.  Please help me here.  I am at witts end.

I want to move.  No more Pittsburgh for me.  I would like to move some place where it is WARM, all the time.  I am talking "ever-summer", "never-winter".  

Here is what i want.....

My first, and only priority is that it MUST be warm: warm in the summer, warm in the winter.  I am talking like 70's+ during the day.  I would prefer no lower than 60's at night, but i could handle down to the low 50's or high 40's at night... but that has to be a rarity.

Some place where the humidity isnt THAT oppressive, i don't want 90 degrees and 85% humidity.  I think this rules most of southern florida out... as i hear the summers are "extreme".

I would prefer to NOT have to deal with hurricanes, strike 2 for florida.

I understand this is blasphemy... but it doesn't have to be a gun friendly state.  I can make due with one of whatever they think is "legal" for home defense.  The cold weather... is literally killing me up here, so guns are of no use to me... if i am not physically able to use them.

I was thinking Hawaii maybe, or maybe AZ, i dont know much about the west coast.

In terms of employment....  I can honestly say... to be warm... i would gladly be a garbage man.  I will find something to do, it doesnt matter to me what it is, as long as i can keep a roof over my head.

You have no idea how important your health is... until it starts to go.  I would give anything.......

have a good one.

S

sounds like my decision many years ago. I grew up in California and then moved to upstate NY for high school. Needless to say, upstate NY sucked big time by comparison. I resolved never to live in a place where the weather was trying to kill me. I was back in California five days after my 18th birthday, and that included a three day bus trip.

Hate to say it, but Southern California is the place you want. Arizona would be a good second choice but if you haven't lived in Arizona or Nevada it is probably not a place you want to just test out suddenly. Yes, Arizona is warm. It is so warm that you have to use oven mitts to open your car door in the summer. So warm that the newspapers publish recipes you can slow cook in the trunk of your car while you are at work. So warm that you would occasionally hear reports of people who locked their cars and had their windows blown out by the expanding air.  So warm that a mother and son ran out of gas on the freeway and by the time the kid walked to a gas station and back the mother was dead from heat stroke.

I lived in Arizona for one summer. In the entire summer, the lowest temperature recorded was 84 degrees at four o'clock one morning. I remember it because the air conditioner died that summer.

As for Hawaii, try looking at California real estate before you start looking in Hawaii. Real-estate and housing-wise, you live on another planet in Pittsburgh.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]
mexico
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:59:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Arizona, but I hear they're full.

Seriously. Arizona, Tejas are probably the warmest.

Spent some time in Az over the past year to see if it were truly full.

The vacations I planned happened to fall on gun show weekends.

Couldn't buy anything though, but a tshirt

OH MY GOD!!!  THE ( WANDERING ) TACTICAL JEW HATH RETURNED!!!!!!!

Good to see you TJ!!!  Where the hell have you been?  Besides here, of course!!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for Belize.

The cost of living in Hawaii and S Kalifornia are insane.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Inside of a vagina.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Dude, Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#18]
stove pipe wells in death valley, 114 to mid 120s in the summer, 70 or so in the winter,
or paniment springs in paniment valley, just west of death valley, hidout of charles manson followers.
or maybe las vegas
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:32:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dude, Vegas.

I have seen people from the northeast turn around and go back after moving to Phoenix and Vegas. Yeah, it is warm (although Vegas can get pretty chilly in the winter), but it is gates-of-hell warm. It is WARM on a whole nother level. It is kill-you-if-your-car-breaks-down-five-miles-out-of-town-and-you-didn't-bring-water WARM. It hits you in the face like a wall when you come out of buildings. It is still 115 degrees at three o'clock in the morning.  Phoenix is steadily getting hotter, BTW.

It is an environment, just like heavy snow, that you have to learn to live in. Air conditioning is just as important there as heating is in Pennsylvania. I have no problem with it myself but I have seen a lot of people who aren't used to it who find it overwhelming.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Puerto Rico, Culebra, or Vieques Island
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:45:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Hawaii?  Why would anyone ever want to live here?

Vary anti gun here so stay away!

Need a job?

You won't be able to find one here!  Well, that is if you are stupid, no professional skills, and smell bad.  Everyone else can find a job without any problems.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:46:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
hawaii checking in here .

yeah.  i tried sending you an IM after your thread about 58 degrees.... then i tried sending you an email... but i dont know if you got it or not.

thanks for the help.

yes, i am white.  how bad off does that make me?

i thought honolulu would be the easiest place to start because it has the most number of people.   what about an apartment complex?  are there any ?  are they cheaper?

the other islands are real nice compared to this place .

what does that mean?  seriously... i would appreciate it.

i did some research, there is no chance of CCW and mag limit for a "hand gun" is 10 rounds.  no class 3 either.

yeah, i noticed you HAVE to be a resident to get a gov job.

yes i like to eat.

thanks for the help

the other islands are more kickback ,alot of time the streets will roll up at 7 to 8 pm and earlier . honolulu is a big city with lots of people and alot of riff raff . work is harder to find for a new person on the other islands atleast a liveable wage , but like anything you stick with it and youll be able to make it happen .

gettin a job right now should be fairly easy on oahu . if your unskilled plan on minimum wage to maybe 10 maybe 12 per hour if your lucky . so now that you make 10 bucks an hour plan on workin 2 jobs to pay the rent of an apartment of lets say between 1000 and 1500 hundred a month.and yes there are lots of apartments .

ok lets talk about the white thing . if you know how to carry yourself you should have no problems . there are alot of good people of all races here , but my experience is that the white guy gets the shit end of the stick most of the time.
thats just my 2cents , like it or not thats the way it is . i hope it will be different for you .

i notice that you didnt mention anything about women or beaches , is there a problem in that department .

on the web look up honolulu advertiser its the local paper .

good luck , your gonna need it .
oh ya i forgot one thing , this place aint part of the US of A as far as im concerned

#1 chix hate me
#2 beaches have chix....  see #1  i  have accepted this.

oh, i am a college grad: business, econ, accounting, triple.  6 years exp in all areas of consumer finance & real estate.  i am a clean cut, professional type.

i made the comment about being a garbage man to show what i would be willing to do to be warm.

did you mean that all the shops close at 7-8 pm?  i didnt understand

what about life on the west coast of the big island?  like honaunau and north... all along that coast?  i would prefer there... but i thought that honolulu would be easier to find work.

thank you.

The west side of the Big Island is nearly rainless, warm and windswept.  If you got lonesome for a little cool weather you'd just drive up into the hills to Waimea (Kamuela) and you would have cool nights or hang in Hilo for a while for a real torrential downpour.

Accountants are actually able to make good enough money to live nearly anywhere.  Friend of the family is living in Chino Hills (SoCal), bought a home and is making $120K for Arthur Anderson and recently got an offer to head a small office in Dallas at $240K, forensic accounting (fraud).  Brother's GF in AZ has been finding jobs regularly for $100K but travels quite a bit out of the country.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Puerto Rico, Culebra, or Vieques Island

except he said,

Some place where the humidity isnt THAT oppressive, i don't want 90 degrees and 85% humidity.

Humidity? Sheesh. You haven't seen humidity until you have lived some place like that.

I recall a few trips to Panama. Warm all the time. Very nice as long as you don't mind the humidity. But the humidity is like this:

I recall walking down the street one day in weather that was burning hot sunshine, about 100 degrees. I walked through a three block stretch where it was pouring down rain. You could stand on one street corner in complete sunshine and see a torrential rainstorm across the street. Two blocks later it would be instant complete sunshine again. I walked from sunshine to rain, and back again, a few times in that short walking trip. It never felt any different, whether I was in the sunny area or rain.

That's humid.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#24]
If your somewhere cold, you want to be warm. If your somewhere warm, you want to be cold. San Antonio is nice. The weather right now is around high 60s during the day and high 40s at night. After seeing those pictures of Hawaii, I may be moving. The cost of living is LOW in San Antonio. How is it in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm sticking by my Keys suggestion....and it's not humid there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm excited to move outta N Jersey this year and move somewhere without winter too!  I own a construction company.  Working outside  in the cold and snow blows!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Watch a few episodes of "Dog the Bounty Hunter" before deciding on HI.  We vacationed there in 94 and it seems to have really gone down since then.  Spent several days on the Oahu and then moved over to the big island.  Much nicer there even then.

rj
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
ALADAMNBAMABUTNOTIFUACTLIKEAYANKEE

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#29]
HELL
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top