Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah but the spankings stop when it hurt their hand more then our rear.  It also didnt help when we would laugh afterwards. [:)]

No dislocated fingers or anything like that.  But I do remeber a broken wooden spoon.  Must have been those buns of steel videos I used as a kid [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got it all the time from thin belt to "Pick The Switch".

When I was near grown my old man popped me in the mouth.  Feeling my oats, I calmly looked at him and said "Now, did that make you feel better?"  He stopped a moment, rubbed his chin, and popped me again in the mouth. "No, but that did." I still laugh about this today.
View Quote

I am so sorry but that is just HILARIOUS!!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I got whooped when the offense was egregious enough.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Any whoopings I got deserved. But they were never that bad so it never bothered me that much. But then again, my mom could never beat me that bad. Most of the time I would start snickering, and then I would get hit marginally harder.

But bieng the only parent I have, she raised me well. I am the person i am becuase of how she treated me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:59:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
My mom was Annie Oakley w/ a wooden spoon.  Not sure how I would feel about doing that to my kids, but sure was VERY effective on me.  There was never a question in my mind of whether or not I deserved it.  When I saw the wooden spoon in her hand, I knew why.  I never felt "abused" during or after the physical punishment.  It never made me question whether or not my parents loved me.

My Dad on the other hand only had to look at my bother and I.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
As a child my father of late had these HUGE hands and whenever I was to be punished, without warning I get smacked across the back of my head.I actually heard ringing in my head for some time.That kind of punishment was to be feared.[slap]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:08:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Try this one on for size.My dad was a fireman for 33 years and I remember growing up that if he wasn't home, mom would whoop mine and my brothers arse, then take us to the fire station for another arse whoopin.I turned out okay though, I only twitch when I see belts.[:D]
Once my dad thought he would get the better of us by "building" a paddle with his fine carpentry skills.My brother took the first whack, it broke , and I got whooped harder for laughing at my dad.His pride hurt more than my arse I must say.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:56:02 AM EDT
[#10]
My dad used to whip me every once in a while, usually with his leather belt.  Damn, my butt was sore for 2-3 days after that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top