Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It dawned on me tonight; white trash for life.

Even though I'm sitting in the bed of a $30k truck, 10 feet away from my $10k motorcycle
View Quote

I consider trucks and motorcycles, of any price, both to be white-trash indicators.

Other white-trash indicators:
Trailer park
Mullet
Country music
Hair metal bands
Flannel
Tatoos
Goatee
"Wife-beater" Tank Top
Levis
Buck Knife worn openly on belt
Zippo lighter
Redwings Boots
Doc Martins
Any car that leaks oil
Any car that burns oil
Smoking cigarettes or marijuana
Chewing Tobbacco or Snuff
Truck pulls
Tractor pulls
proffessional wrestling
Monster trucks
Beer camp
Tubing
Firebird or Camero
Norco
Riverside
Chino
Voting for Arnould or Jesse...
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though I'm sitting in the bed of a $30k truck, 10 feet away from my $10k motorcycle
View Quote

I consider trucks and motorcycles, of any price, both to be white-trash indicators.

Trailer park [red]-never lived in no park, but did once live in a trailer for about 8 months[/red]
Mullet
Country music [red]-not really into modern country, do Hank, Waylon, David Allen Coe, Willy, and Johnny count?[/red]
Hair metal bands
Flannel
Tatoos [red]-nine and counting[/red]
Goatee
"Wife-beater" Tank Top [red]-me[/red]
Levis [red]-me[/red]
Zippo lighter
Redwings Boots
Doc Martins [red]-I have to admit, I'm confused by this one.  I never really equated them to white trash.  But, since you asked, me[/red]
Any car that leaks oil
Any car that burns oil
Chewing Tobbacco or Snuff [red]-not anymore[/red]
Truck pulls
Tractor pulls
proffessional wrestling[red]-me[/red]
Monster trucks [red]-me[/red]
Beer camp
Tubing
Firebird or Camero [red]-maybe.  Haven't decided if I want to get into that or not yet.[/red]
Norco
Riverside
Chino
View Quote

You forgot a couple I think
wallet chains
pit bulls
mutton chop sideburns
wranglers
rodeos
overalls
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
What the Hell is "Beer Camp"?!  Seems I've been missing out!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya'll need to watch Comedy Central right now, Jeff Foxworthy is on and he's talking about us(Rednecks) and it's a hoot. Catch ya'll later.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any deer hunting camp where the "hunters" spend more time drinking than hunting.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: IF by "white trash" you mean "down to earth country boy" then you can count me in. If , on the other hand, you mean "trailer trash" then that's not me. In my way of thinking "white trash" means people that are on government assitance and live in a trailer, they don't take a bath regular, don't keep their place clean and, in general, are a bad example of the way a person of any color should live.  I'm not trying to hack on ya', I know this is all in fun but I think we just need a clarifacation on the definition of what it is we're all talking about.  Generally I'd say that I'm just a plain, simple country boy that likes trucks, good 'shine, sitting by the fire cleaning my guns and watching HOCKEY(the greatest game on earth), hope ya'll have a Happy Turkey Day.  Talk at ya'll later.  
View Quote
exactly.   You guys sound like urban black kids wanting to be like gangstas.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Any deer hunting camp where the "hunters" spend more time drinking than hunting.
View Quote

Oh.  That's not as much fun as it sounded.  And you're right:  Drunk "hunters" aren't.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By [red]AR15fan[/red]:
Quoted:

View Quote

Trailer park
Mullet
Country music
Hair metal bands
Flannel
Tatoos
Goatee
"Wife-beater" Tank Top
Levis
Zippo lighter
Redwings Boots
Doc Martins
Any car that leaks oil
Any car that burns oil
Truck pulls
Tractor pulls
proffessional wrestling
Monster trucks
Beer camp
Tubing
Firebird or Camero
Norco
Riverside
Chino
View Quote

So how many apply to ya'll...?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#9]
my checklist:

wranglers
country music
pickup truck
[s]buck[/s]gerber knife worn openly on belt
[s]redwing[/s]double H boots
chewing tobacco or snuff
beer camp

add:
beat to shit straw or felt
beer cans in the truck bed
snuff ring on the wranglers
belt buckle with idenetification on it
gun rack
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I smoke cigarettes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:27:05 AM EDT
[#11]
From the introduction to my favorite recipe book:

There's white trash and there's White Trash.  Manners and pride separate the two.  Common white trash has very little in the way of pride, and no manners to speak of, and hardly any respect for anybody or anything.  But where I come from in North Florida you never failed to say "yes ma'm" and "no sir", never sat on a made-up bed (or put your hat on it), never opened someone elses's icebox, never left food on your plate, never left the table without permission, and never forgot to say "thank you" for the teeniest favor.  That's the way the ones before us were raised and that's the way they raised us in the South.

Ernest Matthew Mickler
View Quote

And another short discourse on the subject:

There is white trash and then there is White Trash.  Those in the lower-case category would never on earth admit to the charge; while just about every honest, uncouth American is eager to become deified with  capital letters in the latter guise.
Jonathan Williams
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think there is a huge difference between white trash and not giving a fuck.

White trash doesn't know any better.

Not giving a fuck knows better but doesn't give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck.

The best thing I ever did was stop caring if people liked me or not and quit trying to meet the expectations of others.

The kinda people who find this shit important are usually not very good people anyway and this is all they really have.

Not giving a fuck keeps those kinds of people out of my life.
View Quote

I concur. My outlook to a "T"
AB
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck.

The best thing I ever did was stop caring if people liked me or not and quit trying to meet the expectations of others.

The kinda people who find this shit important are usually not very good people anyway and this is all they really have.

View Quote

I concur. My outlook to a "T"
AB
View Quote

w.t.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
White Trash = the equivilent of what they call black, latinos, and any other ethnic lowlife. Something of which I am not. I never have been white trash.

I think the definitive White Trash stigma belongs to those idiots who show up on the Jerry Springer Show, or any show that is similar in nature. Another trait of White Trash is a person who spends 30K or more on a vehicle, but lives in a run down trailer or who is a renter.

Personally after lurking for a few months off and on and finally joining a few days ago I decided to choose this thread for my first posting. Why? Because after spending a few days reading a lot of the threads and replies I've determined that there are a lot of members in here who qualify for White Trash status. Which doesn't speak well for the gun community as a whole. Education is the key to not becoming or bein White Trash. Fortunately for me I am well educated and my family raised me well.

Flame on if you wish, but I only answered your question as honestly as I could.
View Quote

With an attitude like that you're not going to last very long.  It's a shame that all your fancy-type book learnin didn't teach you shit about people.  I have a master's degree in construciton management, and a bachelor's in architectural design, yet some of my best friends, and the coolest damn people I've ever met, are highschool dropouts that don't make half of what I do every year.

I strongly suggest you remove your head from your ass before posting again.  Are there idiots on this board?  You betcha.  Is there sometimes a vaccuum of intelligent conversation?  sure.  Have I complained about both in the past?  damn skippy.

when you say "my family raised me well" I know that what you mean to say is "my mommy and daddy are very well off and spoiled my pansy-ass growing up.  Then they went and paid for me to hide from the real world in college, all the while taking it up the ass from my frat brothers.  Now I'm out of school and pretending to work for daddy's business, but they still pay me an allowance."  Pull the golden spoon out of your mouth, or you're going to choke on it when one of us punches you in the face.
View Quote

NORMAN! I AM APPALLED AT YOU!
That was such a...a...(dare I say it?) white trash stance to take with your new bro-in-arms. Now make your dog stop humping his leg and say you're sorry. ROFLMAO!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Trailer park
Mullet
Country music
Hair metal bands
Flannel
Tatoos
Goatee
"Wife-beater" Tank Top
Levis
Zippo lighter
Redwings Boots
Doc Martins
Any car that leaks oil
Any car that burns oil
Truck pulls
Tractor pulls
proffessional wrestling
Monster trucks
Beer camp
Tubing
Firebird or Camero
Norco
Riverside
Chino
View Quote

You forgot the gunshows. [i]Everybody[/i] knows white trash hang out at the gunshows to buy weapons of mass destruction and bullet hoses.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't give a fuck.

View Quote

I know what you mean....I only care what a very small amount of people think about me.

Other than that....I'm just me...
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Not all White Trash are rednecks.  But all rednecks are White Trash.
IBTL
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
my checklist:

wranglers
country music
pickup truck
[s]buck[/s]gerber knife worn openly on belt
[s]redwing[/s]double H boots
chewing tobacco or snuff
beer camp

add:
beat to shit straw or felt
beer cans in the truck bed
snuff ring on the wranglers
belt buckle with idenetification on it
gun rack
View Quote
that about covers it...although..i'd like to add..

ATVs
bbq
road hunting
throwing horse shoes or washers
tool sheds/barns
etc.

oh...AR15fan....if all rednecks are white trash...that would mean all liberals are tree hugging hippies right??  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Trailer park [red]-never lived in no park, but did once live in a trailer for about 8 months[/red]
Mullet
Country music [red]-not really into modern country, do Hank, Waylon, David Allen Coe, Willy, and Johnny count?[/red]
Hair metal bands
Flannel
Tatoos [red]-nine and counting[/red]
Goatee
"Wife-beater" Tank Top [red]-me[/red]
Levis [red]-me[/red]
Zippo lighter
Redwings Boots
Doc Martins [red]-I have to admit, I'm confused by this one.  I never really equated them to white trash.  But, since you asked, me[/red]
Any car that leaks oil
Any car that burns oil
Chewing Tobbacco or Snuff [red]-not anymore[/red]
Truck pulls
Tractor pulls
proffessional wrestling[red]-me[/red]
Monster trucks [red]-me[/red]
Beer camp
Tubing
Firebird or Camero [red]-maybe.  Haven't decided if I want to get into that or not yet.[/red]
Norco
Riverside
Chino
View Quote

You forgot a couple I think
wallet chains
pit bulls
mutton chop sideburns
wranglers
rodeos
overalls
View Quote

Hey wait a minute! I wear a wallet chain, have pit bulls, and sport sideburns, and.......
..........Ok, ok, I'm white trash. Tattoos and all!

BTW, I also don't see how Doc Martins fit into white trash, but whatever.

I think your right Norm, I think some people took this thread ENTIRELY way to seriously
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 2:31:40 PM EDT
[#20]
This seems like a good thread to ask this in so:

How many cans of OD green spray paint will I need for an '89 F150.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
oh...AR15fan....if all rednecks are white trash...that would mean all liberals are tree hugging hippies right??  
View Quote

No.  Redneck is a subspecies of White Trash.  tree hugger is a subspecies of Leberal. You had it backwards.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Favorite boots of racist skinheads and punk rockers. Both are White Trash subspecies.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  Redneck is a subspecies of White Trash.  tree hugger is a subspecies of Leberal. You had it backwards.
View Quote
which are you?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#24]
When did you realize you were white trash for life?
View Quote

Pas moi......Not Me.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
which are you?
View Quote

White trash. But not a Redneck.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#26]
gee, if i didnt know any better i'd think you were casting a negative light on being a redneck................
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

7-1/2 cans for a short bed or 9 for a long bed. Might as well buy a box of 10 so you have 1 left over for touch-ups. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
metal bands - [red]check - and punk too[/red]
Flannel - [red]check - Im from Michigan[/red]
Tatoos - [red]check[/red]
Goatee - [red]on weekends[/red]
Buck Knife worn openly on belt - [red]Does Emerson count?[/red]
Zippo lighter - [red]check[/red]
Doc Martins - [red]Oi! motherfucker[/red]
Smoking cigarettes - [red]once in a while[/red]
View Quote

[Doc]I know, lets have a spellin' contest[/Doc]

Sounds like we need the Metrosexual checklist for someone around here....whens the last time you has a manicure?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I am not white trash, I am a redneck dammnit

one day I will upgrade [;D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I find "white trash" to be as offensive as any other racial epithet.  The term specifically segregates by race in a disparaging context.

I don't think it is funny, glamourous, clever, cool, enlightened, or any thing else to use the term.  It is akin to every other hated word that isn't allowed here at AR15.com.  It would be a cold day in hell before my good friend CavVet called himself or any of his black friends and family a "Nigger".  It would be an even colder day when he'd sit by and let you call him one.  My reaction to "white trash" would be the same.

I'm sure this is going to bring a lot of flames, but I just don't see how a self respecting person could refer to themselves in such a manner.  My only guess is that many here haven't really thought this through, taking it as a joke.  I guess I'm just not funny.
View Quote

GoodGodManLightenUp!

From an earlier post:

[b]There is white trash and then there is White Trash. Those in the lower-case category would never on earth admit to the charge; while just about every honest, uncouth American is eager to become deified with capital letters in the latter guise.

Jonathan Williams[/b]

Get it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Favorite boots of racist skinheads and punk rockers. Both are White Trash subspecies.
View Quote

So then are all skinheads racist?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My only guess is that many here haven't really thought this through, taking it as a joke.  I guess I'm just not funny.
View Quote

Oh c'mon [b]Stokes[/b] - did you read the thread through, or have a knee-jerk reaction at the phrase "white trash"?

This is really a semi-unintentional satire about the mislabeling of the majority of decent white Americans. Ok...?

Editing to add: The actual words can't be banned here on AR15.com....otherwise there are a LOT of threads you guys 'forgot' to lock. Racism isn't allowed...but the words, to the best of my knowledge (hey, you're the staff guy, you tell me) are.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

So then are all skinheads racist?
View Quote

Not in my book.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I find "white trash" to be as offensive as any other racial epithet.  The term specifically segregates by race in a disparaging context.

I don't think it is funny, glamourous, clever, cool, enlightened, or any thing else to use the term.  It is akin to every other hated word that isn't allowed here at AR15.com.  It would be a cold day in hell before my good friend CavVet called himself or any of his black friends and family a "Nigger".  It would be an even colder day when he'd sit by and let you call him one.  My reaction to "white trash" would be the same.

I'm sure this is going to bring a lot of flames, but I just don't see how a self respecting person could refer to themselves in such a manner.  My only guess is that many here haven't really thought this through, taking it as a joke.  I guess I'm just not funny.
View Quote

I concur with you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

7-1/2 cans for a short bed or 9 for a long bed. Might as well buy a box of 10 so you have 1 left over for touch-ups. [:D]
View Quote

Long bed so 10 cans it is.[^]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I would define "white trash" as people with no drive to succeed, no hope, and no future other than wondering which kid to pimp out for the month's beer money or something similar.  I don't give a fuck what your appearance is; you can be poor as all hell, too, and I won't care.--As long as you are putting forth the effort to better yourself and your situation, you're ok in my book.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I have never realized......Ah never mind...[;)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have never realized......Ah never mind...[;)]
View Quote

Never ceases to baffle me.........
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL @ CavVet!

You're close enough to hangout with me, ol' buddy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

My lord man, it is seriously ironic that you would post such a p.c. statement, while your sig pic is the epitomy of a guy who was as fake, phony, and politicly correct as they get.

Lighten the fuck up man, this world is tough enough without having to take everything seriously and make a cause out of it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

My lord man, it is seriously ironic that you would post such a p.c. statement, while your sig pic is the epitomy of a guy who was as fake, phony, and politicly correct as they get.

Lighten the fuck up man, this world is tough enough without having to take everything seriously and make a cause out of it.
View Quote

werd.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Back to the begining of the thread and the original question.

White trash, redneck or hillbilly? Take your pick, on any given day. Tattoos, trucks, bike and most of the other things on ARs list, yep.

By some of the definitions you all have listed I am everything nazi skinhead to good ol boy, pretty funny.

Am I white trash because I would rather go outside and piss under one of the willow trees then down the hall to the bathroom? Prolly! Am I a redneck because I believe in an eye for an eye and will beat the snot out of someone that deserves it? Yea. Am I A hillbilly as I will take a beating when I deserve it and smile when its over? Most likely.
But you know at the end of the day none of that will matter, as I take my boots off the same way that everyone here does, one foot at a time.

SAs post on the first page hit it on the head, I just dont give a fuck what people think of me, its not important.

My family, thats important. Honor and pride in my country, that is important. Having friends trust, thats important.
CH

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't think it is funny, glamourous, clever, cool, enlightened, or any thing else to use the term.

My only guess is that many here haven't really thought this through, taking it as a joke.  I guess I'm just not funny.
View Quote

Funny, when I saw the thread and my knee jerk, initial reaction was "Im going to make a funny and say 'I didnt realize I was wt'"...

Then when I got the post box opened I thought better of it, edited it on the fly.

Fast forward and now, come bedtime as I sit and read through things for awhile, I read the damn thread, and I see YOUR post. wt is indeed a racial derogatory remark, BUT, in the modern reverse racism climate, its perfectly acceptable.

I am really surprised this one slid by me, as I am quick to point out the reverse male racism to the hairy armpit womens libbers, and often, even today at the thanksgiving table, quick to point out reverse racism (affirm action came up today) against Whites. But slip by me it did, and you are right in your post on all counts.

At least when I sleep tomight I know above all else I did learn something today. I get the warm fuzzies when I learn it on ARFCOM. [;)]

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#46]
When I noticed that my work clothes and my weekend clothes were the same things,and when I realized that expensive beer and wine made me sick yet I actually loved Pabst Blue Ribbon and I drink Riunite lambrusco straight out of the bottle with a paper bag coozie.[booze]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top