Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
1 storie
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#2]
that huey drop sounds pretty bad!

on a jump in pretty bad winds a gust caught me and oscilated my chute and kinda threw me at the ground.  safty said that I hit the ground and just started rolling like head over heels he was worried that my neck would get tangled in the susp lines.  chute picked up the wind again and started dragging me.  one of the other guys got to me just a few seconds before I came back too.

still have my sick call slip.  got 2 weeks light duty out of a hyper concussion but no really bad dammage.  just remember being really dizzy all the time and tired.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
i fell off a dirt mound about 15 feet tall at a 60ish degree angle. landed on cement. i was around 6 years old. i cracked open my skull. i got 6 stiches. everything i was wearing had so much blood on it my parents just threw it all away. i never felt any pain. i didnt even know it happened until someone saw my back was covered in blood.

but damn if i wasnt the king of the hill the longest!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
50 feet of a cliff into shallow water.

The weird thing is, I remember clinging at roots and watching them come out of the earth, and I remember standing up in shallow water, but I don't remember anything in between.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
About 18ft twice. One was while working for a power company. Last pole of the day on a Friday after taking down the line grounds. This pole had been hit by a car and had steel bands bolted to it. I had a space about 3 inches wide the length of the plates to place my hooks in as I climbed past them. Had one hook in the wood and somehow got one in the steel plate. When I took the weight off the hook in the wood it was Katey barr the door. Landed flat on my ass and my hardhat hit me in the head as I sat there. Didn't hurt me but to make matters worse every man on the crew was there watching and was laughing their ass off at me. Hurt my pride more than my butt.

The second was after placing a phone line on a mid span clamp off of a ladder. I was climbing down and as the weight came off strand it threw the ladder back. The ladder hooks didn't catch and I found myself walking on air. gravity sucks!!!  Landed on my feet and all was well but I didn't think I was ever going to hit the ground.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
13 years old, walking along a rocky overhang and it crumbled away and I fell 60 feet and landed ass first onto a frozen creek.  The ice broke upon impact and I sat in freezing water for 45 minutes till help arrived (my brother ran for help). The cold numbing water was most likely a godsend  because I broke one hip, dislocated the other and ruptured a disc (L5). The pain was excruciating and I cant imagine what it would have been like without the freezing water numbing me.

I still have an a fair amount  of pain most days outta the back. Hips have done well.

I have 4 stainless pins in each hip (about 1/8" dia. x 12" long) and 4 stainless screws in the broken hip.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top