Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have claimed page two as my own.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wasn't my family's biz. Not a crappy area but a lot of spoiled people who think the world revolves around them.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is your family's restaurant, right?  You have lots of shitty customer stories.  Is the area that full of crappy people?

Wasn't my family's biz. Not a crappy area but a lot of spoiled people who think the world revolves around them.  

so it was in NY..  

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I used to be security/bouncer at a biker bar in Daytona Beach.  Never had a problem with any of the bikers, only drunk tourists who though wielding a pool cue was the appropriate way to get attention from a beer girl.  

He got attention, but not from the beer girl.  I was never a fighter, I am not a badass. But when a dozen or so of the local bikers got your back, life is good.  
View Quote

then why were you a bouncer?

pretty sure that is exactly stated in the job description.  to include being "a huge fucking guy" and have no less than "20 inch arms"

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I edited my reply above.  Sounds like a college town.
View Quote
It's the Hamptons. Everyone thinks they are special and deserves special treatment.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Why do little twerps always start shit on a higher rate?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I used to be security/bouncer at a biker bar in Daytona Beach.  Never had a problem with any of the bikers, only drunk tourists who though wielding a pool cue was the appropriate way to get attention from a beer girl.

I've noticed that too, not that I'm a bouncer or anything but I get the impression the people who are lowest on the food chain start more problems than those on the top.

have less to lose
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd direct him to the floor and pin him there.  Trespasser needs to be ID and arrested.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd have grabbed him by his shirt, and thrown him back out.

You can use reasonable force to remove someone from your business, especially since you already told him no.  After you tell him no, and he still enters, he's trespassing.
View Quote

That's what I used to think until the cops in my town said they could only charge some POS with trespass if I or my agent told the POS to fuck off IN THEIR PRESENCE (the cop's).  So really, the only way to get someone for trespass is if you've already had an encounter with them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Scream taste the asphalt son and slammed him hard as I could and drug his ass out to the curb. If its cold as hell poured some water on him
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Getting cops involved asap is probably the option least likely to result in you being harmed and potentially getting fired for laying hands on someone.
View Quote
at my current job this is the only option that wouldn't jeopardize my job

were it my own business he would be removed quickly

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've noticed that too, not that I'm a bouncer or anything but I get the impression the people who are lowest on the food chain start more problems than those on the top.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a small dude I have found that bigger people think they can badger you around. I don't start stuff (anymore, years ago maybe), but I am certainly not going to be pushed around.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would have claimed page two as my own.
View Quote

Like a boss.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Being a small dude I have found that bigger people think they can badger you around. I don't start stuff (anymore, years ago maybe), but I am certainly not going to be pushed around.
View Quote
Funny my family was just talking about this. I'm 5'6" under 160 pounds, told I have an innocent face, and look early 20s. My father on the flip side is a big guy, over 6 feet tall, and just large framed.

He started our family retail biz many years ago. It's come up on ten years since he stepped back and I took over much more standing in the store. He's amazed at all the issues I've had with asshole, angry customers while he has dealt with barely any and he's been in this biz much longer than me.

He can't seem to understand that people do treat you differently due to appearance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#13]
If someone is trying to force in the door on me at closing time, my coworkers will be super surprised I carry a gun at work. Lots of tweakers in the area, some stop in while waiting for the bust to poke around. They don't like me hanging in the same aisle watching them for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Criminal trespass disorderly conduct for the win. Lock his ass in and call the man.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:54:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He got attention, but not from the beer girl.  I was never a fighter, I am not a badass. But when a dozen or so of the local bikers got your back, life is good.  

then why were you a bouncer?

pretty sure that is exactly stated in the job description.  to include being "a huge fucking guy" and have no less than "20 inch arms"

i have absolutely no use for a bouncer who takes the job because he thinks it involves fighting.

security is about control, not fighting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He somehow believes either the law won't press for simple battery charges if he tries to just walk in, shoving someone aside without his hands.  Or he believes company policy will fire the employee because he didn't use his hands to force his way in.  Either way, making intentional and unwanted physical contact with a person is battery in most places.  Hip, hands, head, toes, dick, it doesn't matter.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where did this throw your hands up and say you can't touch me come from ?
He somehow believes either the law won't press for simple battery charges if he tries to just walk in, shoving someone aside without his hands.  Or he believes company policy will fire the employee because he didn't use his hands to force his way in.  Either way, making intentional and unwanted physical contact with a person is battery in most places.  Hip, hands, head, toes, dick, it doesn't matter.  

I don't know about that one.

If he made unwanted physical contact with his dick, it would sure matter to me.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:18:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#19]
If he put his hands in the air like that I would probably go with a good body shot.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top