Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Naval Liason, possibly. He coordinates with the Army for any naval assets that may be operating in the Army's area of operations.

We had Navy Seals operating way out on the border of Vietnam and Laos. They had Navy helicopter support. The helicopters needed access to Army fuel and ammunition and supplies. The Naval Liason kept track of the bills.

We also had Naval Aviation support, F-4's and A-7's. There were a few Navy personnel at a Vietnamese Air Force base in the area, in case they made an emergency landing or got shot down. The Naval Liason would coordinate with the Army for rescue.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should go work on a sub.  You'll really feel like a god when your ass is being fondled in control at night, or sleeping in 9-man berthing with the cooks.  Only the senior rider stays in the XO's stateroom, so it is not unusual at all to have O6's berthed with the crew.  

What? No sleeping with the torpedoes? You guys are getting soft.

Mainly junior hotrackers in with the torpedoes.  Of course, none of this compares to the experience of the average soldier in Iraq.  

We were coming out of Kuwait, our A/C was down so we had to have the doors open to cool the electronics. Wouldn't you know it we sailed right through a sandstorm, which I didn't think possible over water but whatever, and we got all that crap everywhere. When the guys started bitching I put it in perspective, "at least you're not living in a tent." Bitching dropped, around me at least, after that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Transcom types?  they may be reshuffling some aspects of shipping again.  MTMC types book cargo on ships, while MSC or MARAD supplies the ships, where AMC books cargo on planes.  All Transcom now

Joint operations as noted .

Believe it or not for a long time the Army had more vessels than the Navy.

I don't know where you got the idea that the O-4s get a lot of excitement in the Navy when they walk in the door, maybe if they are the CO or XO of a ship?  But in all the commands I was at  O-4s were Department Heads or so, not the heavy hitters.

Staff Bitch seems to be an Army and Air Force term, I seem to recall using the term Staff Puke.  or Staff Infections
Operations, Air-Ground Coordinations, major deployment planning.  Are we thinking of moving a bunch of stuff in the near future?  

They may need to do some advance planning to see if they might need to pull some Reserve Fleet freighters out of reduced operating status.  There are variety of things that need to be shipped in  on specialized modern or obsolete ship types.  For example things that don't fit in containers and or are to big to fit in cargo aircraft.

I can think of at least one case where a Reserve Navy O-4 took an Active Duty Army O-6s regular job at the beginning of the first Gulf War because the Army O-6 had to fill in for some other people who had been unexpectedly used elsewhere.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top