Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
PAGE TWO OWNAGE.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:08:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Mr. Clean hasn't shown?

Time to invent what Mr. Clean would do:

I'm going with a personal visit to the shipping agent to get info.  After cleaning up the blood, he will head to the original shipper's business.  Then follow the person with the nicest car (or one parked in a spot titled "CEO") back to their home.  The result will be reams of office paper with "Please forgive me for being a scammer." written in blood.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Mr Clean probably knows some people in the scammer's hometown that "fix problems".
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:44:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not Mr. Clean but I have a haircut just like his.

Have your manager call the vendor and tell them you didn't order anything and tell them to arrange a return.  Tell him to keep after it until he gets it resolved.  This will guarantee that he'll never fall for that trick again.  Do not pay the invoice.  It's OK to act a little PO'd about the whole thing but don't be too hard on the guy.  It happens to the best of them sometimes.

My employer used to think I was the rudest SOB on the planet when dealing with cold calls for supplies and services.  The oldest trick in the book is for them to call some flunkie and ask for models and serial numbers on printers and then start shipping supplies.  We also get various and sundry bills for "domain registrations" and phone listings.  I show these swine no mercy and certainly waste no time getting off the phone with them.  

Tell your people to not speak to anyone over the phone unless they are on an established list of vendors that you approve.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Have your manager call the vendor and tell them you didn't order anything and tell them to arrange a return.  Tell him to keep after it until he gets it resolved.  This will guarantee that he'll never fall for that trick again.  Do not pay the invoice.  It's OK to act a little PO'd about the whole thing but don't be too hard on the guy.  It happens to the best of them sometimes.

My employer used to think I was the rudest SOB on the planet when dealing with cold calls for supplies and services.  The oldest trick in the book is for them to call some flunkie and ask for models and serial numbers on printers and then start shipping supplies.  We also get various and sundry bills for "domain registrations" and phone listings.  I show these swine no mercy and certainly waste no time getting off the phone with them.  

Tell your people to not speak to anyone over the phone unless they are on an established list of vendors that you approve.  

Great advice BTW.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#6]
These vermin are called "toner phoners".  

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/supplies.asp
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The best thing my company ever did was go national accounts. You will buy xyz from here. When the sales people show I hand them a card with contact info for purchasing and tell them to go away. It has really made life easy for me...

Chris

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
well he would flip out and cut the top off there jeeps..

I wonder how many remember that or even know about it?

do tell
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Manager "verbally" confirmed the order.

PIMP?  Please...

Mr. C is The Man!  

His wallet probably says "Bad Motherfucker" on it.

I see what you did

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Bring in the Wolf.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont see whats so great about Mr. C

I once stopped in a sandwhich shop to get a bite to eat and he comes out of nowhere and slaps me around.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the advice hive.  I hate to get duped.  The whole thing makes my blood boil.  I have been up and down some poor bastard trying to make a less than legal living all day.  I feel a little better now.      

I'm sorry Mr. Clean did not show.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks for all the advice hive. I hate to get duped. The whole thing makes my blood boil. I have been up and down some poor bastard trying to make a less than legal living all day. I feel a little better now.

I'm sorry Mr. Clean did not show.

Mr. Clean is teaching you how to fish ... not handing you fish.

Now go, Grasshopper.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#14]
i was managing a retail place in DC a few years ago and had one of my employees fall for this.  the next time i got the call, i played along and was friendly with the person on the phone.  chatted her up a bit to get a couple of quick bits of info.  

the key here is to get as much info about the caller and the company as u can without spooking them.

long story short, they were calling from Canada and there was nothing that i could really do legally except to thank them for the free office supplies so i decided to have a little fun.

google is your friend here.

i got there address and direct phone #, called to inform i was to be removed from their scam list.

they don't like it when you find out how to call them!

they were operating out of a warehouse that they shared with other companies, so i called those two companies to explain what was going, also called the owner of said warehouse.
called the local PD to "try" to make a formal complaint(they were nice and helpful but really couldn't do anything "international")

filed a complaint with the BBB and the Canadian version of BBB.
they are required to follow up with a company in some cases, i made this one of them out of persistence.

i then just messed with them when we had slow days.  i'd call just to chit chat about an order of paper that was the wrong size or something ridiculous.

they may or may not have gotten undesirable magazine subscriptions for the office.  but i would never do this because its of questionable legality.(you know, just like they were doing)

short of actually going to Canada this was pretty effective.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Problem solved?  We’ll see…

Called scammers up 1st thing in the morning after stewing about it all night long.  

I Had to figure out how to defeat the voice mail system to get a live person on the phone. It didn’t take too many combinations…Woman answered handed me off to Customer Service Dept.  CSD is one guy and I have already left him 3 messages.  

I Immediately light him up with every F, C, B, D word I can think of.  I use the most offensive language I can.  I rave like a lunatic.  

He thinks I’m just like every other jerk…but obviously he does not know that I have the Hive to do some thinking for me.  

We engage in verbal and written combat through phone conversations and faxes.  The guy really wants to play the recording of my guy taking the bait.  

I keep hitting him with the talking points from here.  

PO #’s,
call tags,
come n’ get yur shit.

And, the most effective talking point “ I’m charging you storage” (love that one)

Well, eventually it seems like they caved and are sending a call tag.  

Their operation appears to be week and feeble.  Now I want these bastards to pay me hush money…

How do I make that shit happen?

Anyone?

P.S.  Its ok you didn’t show up Mr.Clean.  I want to apologize for hijacking your name for my own person gain… but you did set your self up for it with “Smacking a Guido” which is one of my favorites.  And “what would club owner do?”

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont know what MrC4H would do, but scams involving Point of Sale systems are pretty common.

Keep the shit, dont pay. Wait for collections. Wait for them to sue, counter sue in your home state.

They wont show up, you win by default.

Start by saving all correspondance, documenting all calls, and keeping written records. I've been through this before.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ost

What the hell is "old school" about you?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
well he would flip out and cut the top off there jeeps..

I wonder how many remember that or even know about it?

link?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#19]
BTT to see if Mr. Clean responds to the man crush posting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:09:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:50:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I dont see whats so great about Mr. C

I once stopped in a sandwhich shop to get a bite to eat and he comes out of nowhere and slaps me around.
That's what you get for cheating his ho.

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:14:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Problem solved?  We’ll see…

Called scammers up 1st thing in the morning after stewing about it all night long.  

I Had to figure out how to defeat the voice mail system to get a live person on the phone. It didn’t take too many combinations…Woman answered handed me off to Customer Service Dept.  CSD is one guy and I have already left him 3 messages.  

I Immediately light him up with every F, C, B, D word I can think of.  I use the most offensive language I can.  I rave like a lunatic.  

He thinks I’m just like every other jerk…but obviously he does not know that I have the Hive to do some thinking for me.  

We engage in verbal and written combat through phone conversations and faxes.  The guy really wants to play the recording of my guy taking the bait.  

I keep hitting him with the talking points from here.  

PO #’s,
call tags,
come n’ get yur shit.

And, the most effective talking point “ I’m charging you storage” (love that one)

Well, eventually it seems like they caved and are sending a call tag.  

Their operation appears to be week and feeble.  Now I want these bastards to pay me hush money…

How do I make that shit happen?

Anyone?

P.S.  Its ok you didn’t show up Mr.Clean.  I want to apologize for hijacking your name for my own person gain… but you did set your self up for it with “Smacking a Guido” which is one of my favorites.  And “what would club owner do?”

Plus

Just kidding

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top