Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I stacked and sold tile for a year after I got laid off. I went from making $60k/yr to $8.15/hr.

Met lots of cool people and had Popeye forearms.

Page 2 with an edit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Delivery driver for a marketing company. We had box trucks, delivery vans and one trans am with T tops , lincoln town car, and a formula firebird.
The owners car was the Formula firebird it had a FOP shiled on the tag. His son inlaw as a Dayton Cop.
If it had to be there we could take his firebird. I left that thing double parked locked up with fourways going many times. No tickets.
Me and the other guy that drove it wore leather motorcycle jackets.
We looked like thugs. Wasnt long after we had to get uniforms
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Horse holder outside Madam Orr's Whore House.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Loading scrap iron by hand into hoppers. No stress, no real responsibility, got to work alone. No way I could live off of the wages.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Worked on a fishing boat cutting bait after six months I was a masterbaiter
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Makes most else seem boring.  Some of the military stuff was fun as well.  The biggest reward was fielding some new tech, and then hearing that it had made a big difference helping catch evil doers.

I can't complain too much since now I'm working at a firearms related company, it's just less technically challenging.  Working on a nearly 100% composite structure had it's own unique challenges.  Aluminum is easy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I worked at a sex shop my senior year. It was fucking awesome.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nude Stripclub manager.
View Quote

I thought that rule only applied to the talent but hey, your est your rules, right?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Working in a restaurant cooking in the kitchen in high school. Many good times.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Working at a craft/fabric store.

It was during a happy time of my life. I had a lovely view of the mountains from where I usually stood at the register. I got nice discounts on the fabric. I sewed a lot of clothes with my discounted fabric. They let us keep the discontinued sewing patterns (which were supposed to be thrown away). I ate at El Pollo Loco for lunch just down the street all the time. True, there was sometimes drama and stress, but NOTHING like other jobs I've had.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top