Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You guy's are sadly mislead, the king of all bang for the buck candies was "Jungle Jollies". A penny a piece, damb tasty with the bonus African wildlife on the rapper. $1.00 buy's ya a hundred. Those were the days. Also cherry nibs were my second favorite. If I could find some in the original flavor I'd buy them like I buy ammo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Now&Laters. And "Chunky" candybars in the silver wrappers. 1975.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 8:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Playboy chocolates.... was great popping one in my mouth just before mass (Yeah I did time in a catholic school)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
MARATHON bar friggin awesome...best 25 cents you can spend.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I here ya on the Chic-O-Stix's, also seem big in prison...don't know why...shape maybe...[:)]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]
A large chunck of white chocolate.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:44:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Razzle's
Chic-o-Stix
Pop Rocks and
Maybe I enjoyed second degree burns on my lip and tongue, but i loved toothpicks soaked in
cinnamon oil.
Not a candy, but many years ago someone went and diluted the formula for Salt&Vinegar potato chips. Why did they have to mess with a good thing?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not a candy, but many years ago someone went and diluted the formula for Salt&Vinegar potato chips. Why did they have to mess with a good thing?
View Quote
If you can find em Poore brothers brand Salt and Vinegar are definatly not diluted. I think there a Az only brand thu but its worth a look.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:38:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Wax Lips
Wax Juice thingies..Had sugar syrup inside
Teaberry Gum
Flat Taffy strips
Pop Rocks were used with the girlfriends (Use your imagination)
Red Licorice Shoestrings

Remember Sears had a candy counter?
There was a chocolate covered block looking thing with something like whipped chico-stick inside and it was called honeycomb...THAT SHIT ROCKED! Aussies have it and if you can find it it's called Royal Crumb or something like that...

They also had Swedish Fish..

I'm still a "jelly" type candy person as opposed to chocolate. But, you get a See's Victorian Toffee in front of me and there's gonna be a fight to the death over who eats it!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:44:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Remember Sears had a candy counter?
There was a chocolate covered block looking thing with something like whipped chico-stick inside and it was called honeycomb...THAT SHIT ROCKED! Aussies have it and if you can find it it's called Royal Crumb or something like that...

View Quote

The australian stuff can be bought here. It goes by the name of Violet Crunch. I remember the Sears candy counter had too much licorice stuff. Blah. I liked the jordan mints and those purple foil wrapped toffees that were packaged in the cigarette looking boxes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine were:

Pop Rocks
Quicksand (powder that turned into bubblegum)
Big League Chew
Bottlecaps
Fun Dip
Zotz (most favorite)
View Quote

haha! About the same Imbrog,
I loved Zotz!( The foaming effervescence)
Big League Chew
Fun Dip
Pop Rocks(ever feed em' to a bird? they throw their guts up.)
Sour Balls
Atomic Warheads
red hots, lemon headz, Boston Baked Beans.(Ferra Pan Family?)
Snickers Bars....uhh, Bubble Gum Ice Cream?
Gum/Candy Cigarettes(early conditioning I suppose that's had me chain smoking cigarettes since i was 13.)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Zots and Slo-Pokes.

Now it sounds more like a fun weekend than candy [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Atomic fireballs....... I worked on a job a couple of years ago, the toolroom guy had a big container full of Atomic fireablls and was selling them, got about half the job hooked on them, one day he ran out before he could get some more...talk about some pissed off people! "What do you mean you're outta fireballs"? He was threatened with physical violence at least 10 times that day.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Snickers and Reese Cups!  [:D]

I still love'em today!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Payday.  Still is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#17]
About 50/50 between Payday and Snickers... especially if the Snickers is tossed in the freezer a few hours.

And good ole Baby Ruth is right up there, too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#18]
No order:
frozen Snickers
wax lips
candy cigarettes
Mounds
Almond Joy
Heath Bars
cherry snow cones

AB
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Payday tastes like a shitty elephant turd...

How the f$%# can you eat something that is salty and sweet? Have some class, please!

That's like Philly Cheese Steak, disgusting shit....

And worst of all: THE GOLDEN ARCHES!!! AAAAAHHHHH

I won't even finish my review of low class American dining.

Doggonit.out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top