Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Skeet
IDPA
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Highpower

And our own MODCC/CMMG zombie killing 3 gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By texastactical
Have you ever heard the phrase "inmates running the asylum"?

Well that didn't work for IPSC. They have drifted so far from their original intent to be practical. It is now just "golf" with guns.
For the record I have nothing against IPSC /USPSA it is just not my thing.

Actually, it seems to be working just fine. Give the people what they want.

BTW IDPA is open to suggestions from the membership as long as those suggestions meet with the original intent and spirit of IDPA.

As long as you want what Bill wants, it's fine.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but IDPA and the way it's run just isn't my thing.

++++++++++++++

Can you tell I shoot USPSA/IPSC and hardly any IDPA?

There is nothing pratical about USPSA/IPSC anymore.

Well, I hate to break this to you, but there's not very much practical about IDPA either. IT"S A GAME, it's not training.

IDPA has SSP, USPSA has Production. My Production Division G34 is the same gun I shoot SSP with. SSP and Production are identical, except for the holster used. I use a BladeTech Drop Offset for PD and a Kytac Super Hooper for SSP.

Idpa has CDP, USPSA has, as of 01/01/2006, Single Stack Division. Again the exact same gun you use for one, will work in the other. Well, that is if you are shooting a .45ACP. If you are using a .40 or a 9mm, then you would shoot in ESP in IDPA. I swear the gun rules are almost identical. The only real difference is the holsters.

Open and Limited, in USPSA have no IDPA equal. But is that really a bad thing? Yes I think it is a bad thing, just think about some of the neat things manufacturers would come up with for a concealed carry Open gun!

And their use of DVC isn't what Jeff Cooper meant when he invented it.

USPSA doesn't believe in DVC, but IDPA holds true to the roots of DVC, eh? Bull. IDPA has two power factors, 125 and 165. USPSA has two power factors, 125 and 165. USPSA's scoring tends to favor speed a little. IDPA's scoring tends to favor accuracy a little.

Sounds like a wash to me.

The problems with IPSC started with comped .38 super race guns and the Gamers who used them. When IDPA came out it wasn't to bad but the Gamers are taking it over too. Same thing with the "pink tink" cowboy shooters.

What problems are these? Specifically, not generalizations, what problems did comp guns cause.

Every Game has Gamers, these are the guys who want to win. Golfers, racers of all types, shooters of every game want to win. That's why they play. They will exploit every hole in the rules, for their benefit. This is the way life works.

At least DVC still works in steel matches.

DVC at steel matches? Now don't get me wrong, I like steel shooting, I don't get to do it very often. But tell me what DVC has to do with a skeletonized guns and sub 125PF ammo? All you have to do is nick the paint.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:37:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I couldn't vote, I shoot Bullseye pistol matches.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least DVC still works in steel matches.

DVC at steel matches? Now don't get me wrong, I like steel shooting, I don't get to do it very often. But tell me what DVC has to do with a skeletonized guns and sub 125PF ammo? All you have to do is nick the paint.

You must shoot a different kind of steel match than I do.
DVC= Power+Speed+Accuracy  
Power= enough power to take the plates down
Accuracy= good enough hits to take the plates down
Speed= the fastest to do the above = winner

Same thing for pin matches.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You must shoot a different kind of steel match than I do.
DVC= Power+Speed+Accuracy  
Power= enough power to take the plates down
Accuracy= good enough hits to take the plates down
Speed= the fastest to do the above = winner

Same thing for pin matches.

I think you've got the order mixed up

DVC is  Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas  = Accuracy, Power, Speed.

DVC-Sounds like IPSC to Me.

The Steel matches around here don't have a *power factor,  but IPSC and IDPA do.

* Power Factor = bullet weight(grains) x velocity(fps), divided by 1000 = PF.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
3 gun
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top