Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#1]
All of 'em.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
FiveO:
I did not know that SureFire redesigned their flashlight forearms! IBEDAMN.
Have you ever used one of the older ones? How does the new one compare?
I see there is a thumb switch (left side), is there a switch on the other side as well?
Thanks!
View Quote

I haven't used one of the older ones. The one I have has the constant on/off switch on one side, and the temp-on pad  switch on the other side. It also comes with a hunk of plastic and some sticky  tape so you can cover sections of the pressure switch in case there are parts you want to grab without turning the light on.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Norinco pump 12 guage.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Colt 1911A1 is the first thing I reach for. Along with stratigically located mags around the house, I am always in ammo.

Tip#1: Practice clearing your home. Locate spots that you might seek cover at and stash a mag there.

CH
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#5]
A Mossberg 500A "persuader" (18" 7+1 capacity).

I figure that gets me to the safe, if need be. If the contents of the safe doesn't do it, the whole neighborhood's in trouble.

I don't figure to ever need more than 8 rounds of 00 buck and slugs.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Take your pick, they're laying around everywhere.... [:D]
View Quote
I have a friend like that...

Keeps a pistol in his silverware drawer, another in the refridgerator, a shotgun next to the crapper, and has a holster sewn onto the side of his recliner (with a 6-inch Smith 29 in it). [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#7]
a few good things
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well ... I live in a REALLY small apartment, so my defense is entirely dependent on where I am at the moment somebody decides to break in here.  If I'm not close enough to my AR, I have several swords, daggers, and very sharp knives mounted on the walls or on display otherwise, and if I'm not within reach of one of those, then most likely I'm sitting right here (or in the bathroom, in which case I'm fucked) and the only thing I can get on quick notice is my pair of acrylic nunchucks that could easily crack a skull.

All things being equal, I guess I'm as good as dead if an armed assailant comes crashing through my door unless I can get my ass in gear and save up enough money to buy a handgun like I've been meaning to
View Quote

Buy a surveillance video camera like they have in banks and stores, cause when you are in taking a dump, and you hear an intruder in your apt, and you grab the chucks and come out, and he grabs a sword off the wall, well, that's gonna be worth watching over and over again.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FiveO:
I see there is a thumb switch (left side), is there a switch on the other side as well?
Thanks!
View Quote

I haven't used one of the older ones. The one I have has the constant on/off switch on one side, and the temp-on pad  switch on the other side. It also comes with a hunk of plastic and some sticky  tape so you can cover sections of the pressure switch in case there are parts you want to grab without turning the light on.
View Quote

Thanks for the info! I looked them up on Surefire's site. Very nice.

What is a good source for them?

I wonder if I can get one of the old ones on the cheap somewhere?! Hummm...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PgDKAicQbcaQM!eAY3bundVDwWs8rA2nLy37U4ADTxCkYxxvCSNaYDdI9gNj4TsoPHnGmQJqV6YjvvfCQlyn!tfd78ZrKeyr/103_0307.JPG?dc=4675427386321314850[/img]

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PgDWAiQQzsWQM!eAY3bunTe01vhhrNf7UW2P*2mLW24FUp4W0MLbegCyKh51nmCyJ80RubfdM0IpKuRPfFZ7xb9zU*C4Itts/103_0304.JPG?dc=4675427386313461422[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#11]
SPAS-12, a Sig 220, and/or an AR-Carbine (with Surefire M900A & EOTech), depending on my mood.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#12]
What's my favorite home defense weapon?

Me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I would probably die trying to decide which one to grab. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Remington 870 pump

When Miss Piggy talks, people listen!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FiveO:
Thanks!
View Quote

View Quote

Thanks for the info! I looked them up on Surefire's site. Very nice.

What is a good source for them?

I wonder if I can get one of the old ones on the cheap somewhere?! Hummm...
View Quote

i got mine from cabelas

ok price, not the best i saw while shopping, but i had a few gift certificates for there that i needed to use up, so this fit the bill

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Glock 17 and hand-held Sure-Fire.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Bushmaster shorty AK. 6 Mags of blackhills 75gr  boattail hp. Complete with a streamlight M6. The laser is mostly for intimidation. If that fails and orcs pop out of the ground like Lord of the rings. I will unload my glock 21 and sw99 of all the hollowpoints in my house then kiss my butt goodbye.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Nestled between the bed and the nightstand is a Remington 870 Marine Magnum with Surefire Foreend, Sidesaddle, 7 rounds of 3" 00 buck loaded, 3 more on the side with 3 1 oz. slugs.  I just wish there was a way for them to see that gorgeous but intimidating nickle finish when the surefire is blinding them.  Guess I'll just have to say "Oh and by the way, this isn't just a flashlight, this flashlight has a very big gun attached to it.  Do you or do you not wish to keep your cranium intact?"
[img]http://www.remington.com/images/firearms/870MAMAG.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Buy a surveillance video camera like they have in banks and stores, cause when you are in taking a dump, and you hear an intruder in your apt, and you grab the chucks and come out, and he grabs a sword off the wall, well, that's gonna be worth watching over and over again.  
View Quote
rofl!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]
HK USP .40 w/insight light on it.  Greatest invention for pistols as far as I'm concerned is the light rail
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Mossberg M500 12g pump (7+1), Stevens 311 12g coachgun, Mossberg M5500 12g semi for static bedroom defense (26"barrel, Choate 10shot mag ext).  Depends where I am in the house at the time.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Remington 870
AR15 16"
Glock 21
FN/FAL
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#23]
First, FN Forty-Nine .40 cal, w/ Ranger bullets.

If noone else is home, I have a trick Rem 870 under the bed loaded w/ a mix of 00buck and slugs

in the closet, for SHTF, M4 with 3 loaded 30rounders with FMJ's, and one with Federal 55gr noslers.

Plenty of other stuff, I have a shorty with a loaded 10 rounder in one of these closets, and down the hall is a pistol grip mossberg loaded.

I am in the "Damn! What should I shoot them first with?" group.

I am not going back to check what i wrote, so sorry for spelling.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#24]
just a few of the options

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=4926[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13339[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13324[/img]

minus the steak of course [:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Actually, that steak would make a great defensive tool. Buy some time to mobilize. You can even lace one with poison, too [;)]

My home defense consistes of a battle axe, swords, and a dagger. Its sad that i'm forced to let all guns be registered on a cousin that lives out on longisland (he keeps em all, has lots of his own- most can't be owned in NYC anyways). [v]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Actually, that steak would make a great defensive tool. Buy some time to mobilize. You can even lace one with poison, too [;)]

My home defense consistes of a battle axe, swords, and a dagger. Its sad that i'm forced to let all guns be registered on a cousin that lives out on longisland (he keeps em all, has a lot of his own- most can't be owned in NYC anyways) [v].
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My home defense consistes of a battle axe, swords, and a dagger. Its sad that i'm forced to let all guns be registered on a cousin that lives out on longisland (he keeps em all, has lotݯ. his own- most can't be owned in NYC anyways).
View Quote

For the love of God, Man, [b]MOVE!!![/b]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Where in the city do you live Andre?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Kids are all gone now so in various places at my house and in my car there is:

Ruger Speed 6 .357 revolver
Bushy Carbine
SAR-1
870 20ga Youth Model (don't figure the bad guys will know the difference)
Glock 19
KelTec .32

They aren't really hidden, they aren't really in plain site, they are just there in various places. Of course all are loaded. We live in the country where visitors are few and home invasion is a potential concern. Course my wife would likely just grab her 10-22 and cap'em 8-10 times with that as use anything I mentioned above. Wouldn't scare the horses as bad either.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#30]
That steak would come in handy if the intruder brought his own mean dog along!

As for me, Dog-Gun-Phone in that order.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Glock 30 at bedside w/3 mags

Glock 29 downstairs w/3 mags

Mossberg 500 locked up in garage w/sidesaddle and buck/slugs mix.

Unfortunately the AR would be my last grab due to proficiency and reliability issues.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm too poor to be robbed.[:D]  Nobody-not even a high desperate doper- would break into my "house". He "might" get a rusty nail if anything.

Seriously anything but a gun. I fear my anti-gun neighbors more than any thug.

CRC
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My home defense consistes of a battle axe, swords, and a dagger. Its sad that i'm forced to let all guns be registered on a cousin that lives out on longisland (he keeps em all, has lotݯ. his own- most can't be owned in NYC anyways).
View Quote

For the love of God, Man, [b]MOVE!!![/b]
View Quote

I am. I'm 17, and will be going to college as far away from this cesspool as possible! That is, unless I can graduate early and have enough time to go through boot (reserves, some branch) which would make me excempt from all these silly laws.

Quoted:
Where in the city do you live Andre?
View Quote

In the Peoples Republic of NYC

Quoted:
I'm too poor to be robbed.[:D]  Nobody-not even a high desperate doper- would break into my "house". He "might" get a rusty nail if anything.

CRC
View Quote

Keep a gun around. Then when people start getting robbed, atleast youll be OK.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Go ahead, make his day!

[img]http://members.aol.com/bear3351/rottie.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=3566[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

CRC
View Quote

Why fear them?  You're the one with the guns!

But seriously folks, at my home it's dogs, a machete and an 870.  At any range I'd have to use it in my home, birdshot should provide a pretty good incentive for anyone to get the hell out, assuming they didn't get the message from multiple dogs clamped onto their ass and a skinny machete wielding nutball(me).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top