BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How about I post my "Mind Your Own Fucking Business Sally" score?

THIS
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah...the Beacon

For those saying that it means nothing and you wish to be a zero, or a "ghost" as it's known in the car biz, let me say this:

I was refused a job because of my credit score once.
Really, it's becoming corporate policy for a lot of companies; It was an entry level management position, I had some student loan debt I never took care of and my TU was in the 590's
The district manager was pissed, but HR wouldn't budge

I also saved a bunch of money on my car insurance because I have a decent TU score.

Speed

ETA: Let's not forget that besides the obvious benefits of maintaining a good credit score for borrowing purposes, a decent score will get you nice credit cards that will give you cash back, miles, etc...just by using them for paying your bills and paying off the balance every month
I realize not everyone is financially responsible to do those and some even go as far as to blame CC companies for their own irresponsibly, but it IS a great perk if you can utilize it
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
So, what auto insurance companies don't use a credit score to determine your rate?

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
793, 766, 766

No credit cards or other revolving accounts, I just keep my mortgage and truck payment paid one month ahead.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know, don't care.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty sure it's 3 digits.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Trans Union is 756
Three years of history, three revolving accounts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck all that bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Ahhhh,

Arfcom home of the 700 and 800 credit scores. lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally It does matter for a whole lot of things.

If you need to borrow money, a low score (or no score) will often preclude that possibility.
A low score can also keep you from getting hired.

Fair or not, the credit score is used by many to judge your worth or risk.

There you have it.

I worked for quite a while in the different credit based industries.

Sure, my goal and everybody's goal should be no debt and no reliance on credit scores.

But what if something (anything, pick one) happens and you need credit for however long or short? I am not talking about a few hundred or even a few thousand.

I agree 100% that it is ridiculous that no credit equals bad credit to pretty much every lender. BUT. That is the way the world works. It doesn't hurt to have one. It doesn't mean that you are bad for having one. And there is certainly nothing wrong with having a high credit score and maintaining it.

ETA: Mine is something like 750ish. Not sure on mid score.

Apologies for editing snafu.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Last time I checked (bout a year ago) it was 750.

J-
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ahhhh,

Arfcom home of the 700 and 800 credit scores. lol

There may be some posting B.S. scores, but I am not one of them:

I don't know why they go up and down like that, I am not using (don't have) any credit cards, and only have two payments I am making. (House, truck)
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Over 800.  My wife and I have been fortunate enough to have well paying jobs for quite some time and we pay all our bills early.  It was about 780 until we bought another house.  Funny how it jumped when we took on another 130k in debt
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Age 39 and as far as I know I have never checked my own score, nor been asked for permission to check my credit score/background.

Remember when you had to have proof of income and put down 20% on a purchase, that way if you never made a payment the bank came out at least even? Maybe we'll go back to those days.

Unless the rural electric company reports on a credit report I don't think I have anything that does.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I never get these kinds of questions. Where do they come from? Are people's live so boring or their so lonely that they ask a question you'd only ask of your closest friend?
How about, "What would have happened if the South had won the war?" Where do these come from? Who cares?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So, what auto insurance companies don't use a credit score to determine your rate?

The more expensive ones

Really though, I don't think they give you a discount for having a good score necessarily, it's just that they may refuse you a policy if you have shitty or no credit.

At least that's how i think it works...I know they did a soft pull on me AFTER they worked a quote, and told me about it last time I switched a policy. Maybe an insurance agent will come by this thread and tell us for sure.

I have Erie now, I switched from Progressive. Cut my deductible, got MORE insurance and saved OVER HALF; from almost $130/mo to $66
I know if I had no credit or bad credit I wouldn't have gotten a policy through Erie...no idea what their cut-off is though...

Speed

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top