Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 is infested with zombies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Anyone who has been to Yakima realizes what a needle in a haystack of finding a small item on a range is.

You can say that again....

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
News link says the Subway is open.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#4]
"PRAIRIE FIRE"
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Feel free to distribute accordingly to most of the people that have posted in this thread.

Also.... get Alex Jones on the horn ASAP!!!!

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
DAY ONE
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:58:17 AM EDT
[#7]
an Arfcom wet dream...

Next, the media goes black.

Then, unconfirmed reports of military movements...soldiers in MOPP gear...blackhawks...

IT'S FOOOOOO  
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:00:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
an Arfcom wet dream...

Then, unconfirmed reports of military movements...soldiers in MOPP gear...blackhawks...

IT'S FOOOOOO  

Well, they've already shut down all of the schools in my area. They say it's because of the ice and snow, but as a dedicate Arfcommer, I know better.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:04:12 AM EDT
[#9]
it was just on fox'n friends, base on lockdown for saftey reasons
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#10]
This could be serious.  Cheaper Than Dirt is out of gas masks.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How long does it take to find some lost NV goggles?

Can take days....

Some of the folks here with more time in than me, can tell you some epic lockdown stories....

At Yakima, the post was basically shutdown because some unit in some mechanized battalion lost NVG's.  They ended up locking down the entire battalion inside those old piece of shit/fire trap barracks buildings for 3 months also surrounded by 3 strands of Concertina wire.

The lockdown ended when one of our EOD team leaders saw a set of NVG's laying on the ground on one of the largest ranges.  So he stops by the locked unit and asks to talk to the Commander so he can read off the serial # off to him.   Let me tell you we could hear cheers from our EOD shop, a certain LT and a Commander were extremely relieved.   They donated a case each of Beer to our unit.

Anyone who has been to Yakima realizes what a needle in a haystack of finding a small item on a range is.

Yep, at Yakima Firing Center that was pure luck right there.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:13:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I have personally done some fucked up things in Dugway and I aint talking about Ranger School

Thats one creepy fucking place.

Cool antelope, though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Captain Trips?

Reporting for duty, sir!
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember how "The Stand" started?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like its time to make everybody pee in a cup.

damned urinalysis

I'm all for the panic option
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have personally done some fucked up things in Dugway and I aint talking about Ranger School
Cool antelope, though.

I was there with a reserve unit in like 1990. Weird place. All these boxes with tubes litter the roads leaving the base to the range we were on. There is NOTHING out there. A couple guys passed out while digging (they both passed out at the same time and had been drinking the night before)....3 suburbans came from the middle of no where and guys got out in full MOP gear, the white kind like in ET....It was surreal. I mean they came from the middle of the desert. Nothing around for miles....All clear was called an hour or so later and all booze was removed....Strange place that Dugway is...
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
an Arfcom wet dream...

IT'S FOOOOOO  

Well, they've already shut down all of the schools in my area. They say it's because of the ice and snow, but as a dedicate Arfcommer, I know better.

Chemical weapons in arctic conditions... There's a fucker

They had stories from ww1 about mustard gas freezing up in puddles, then thawing out and gassing guys months later.  Fun shit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#19]
zombie virus on the way

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:47:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can take days....

Some of the folks here with more time in than me, can tell you some epic lockdown stories....

Friday at around 1400, we were getting an early weekend courtesy of the CO, vault count over in the 2111 shop came up short one (1) M9...

Instant lockdown and search of everyone and everything, when that didn't turn it up, SNCOs went to the barracks and rifled through our rooms while we stood in formation back at the Battalion.

When that didn't turn anything up, they started "interviewing" anyone who had access...

Long story short, a boot 2111, fresh out of armorers school, took it home (so he claimed) to show off to his family and someone stole it.  He fudged the vault count to cover it, and the NCO supervising the count didn't follow procedure and verify the numbers, so the newb got away with it for a while.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:56:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
an Arfcom wet dream...

IT'S FOOOOOO  

Standing in front of my open safe, after donning my gas mask   Flap flap flap

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Lemme know when we need to blow the bridges over the Mississippi to slow the zombies march East.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Lost a set of goggles out the hole of a Chinook while hooking up a sling load a couple years back.   Luckily I saw where they fell and was able retrieve them

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Lemme know when we need to blow the bridges over the Mississippi to slow the zombies march East.

You must have one heck of a large mouth.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Still curious WTF is going on out there.

Contractor friend checks gets driven around out there to check power/water at small buildings ouut there.

There is some "interesting" READING MATERIAL on some local tin foil sites about people who watch the base.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:53:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if it's related to that house that authorities called in NBC gear feds for yesterday to take away a lethal canister.

article
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

"PRAIRIE FIRE"

601 ... 601 ... 601 ...

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Cool antelope, though.

I will concur with this. There are certain places that are bad to be in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:45:49 AM EDT
[#31]

<meta charset="utf-8"></meta>
Dugway Proving Ground has reopened after nearly 12 hours in lockdown to resolve a "serious concern."

People who work on the base were forced to spend the night in their offices or cars because they weren't allowed to leave. That changed around 5 a.m. as those on base were allowed to leave and those showing up were allowed to enter.

"Everyone's safe, and that's our biggest concern here." - Paula Thomas

No word on the cause of the lockdown. Dugway says it should be able to release more information later this afternoon. Workers KSL spoke with Thursday morning said they do not have clearance to talk about the cause of the lockdown.

Wednesday, spokeswoman Paula Thomas said it was part of "an ongoing security operation." No one was said to be in immediate danger.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=14157393

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I wonder if it's related to that house that authorities called in NBC gear feds for yesterday to take away a lethal canister.

article

meh ....that was just a can of Subnet's secret chili powder
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cool antelope, though.

Are you talking about the retarded mule deer?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:58:29 AM EDT
[#34]
UPDATE PRESS RELEASE 0957 MST

"1/4 teaspoon VX was missing and had been accounted for."

Via KSL News Radio
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=14154471

DUGWAY –– The U.S. Army's Dugway Proving Ground has been placed on lockdown as part of "an ongoing security operation," according to spokeswoman Paula Nicholson.

The gates to the facility were closed Wednesday evening, and workers normally scheduled to be off at 5:30 p.m. were not allowed to leave, while those coming into the area were not let in.
Dugway encompasses more than 800,000 acres of Utah's west desert, where more than 2,000 people call home. It is a government-owned facility used by U.S. Army Reserves and U.S. National Guard for maneuver training. It is also a U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command center where tests are occasionally run on defenses against biological and chemical weaponry.

Didn't "something" get out of there and kill a bunch of sheep a few years back?

Is the lockdown over?  Anybody got any info?

Some private probably lost a pair of NVGs, or some LT lost his pistol or ANCD.

Or some SPC tried to walk off with a laptop.  Or a CSM saw someone walking around with a reflective belt.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DUGWAY –– The U.S. Army's Dugway Proving Ground has been placed on lockdown as part of "an ongoing security operation," according to spokeswoman Paula Nicholson.

The gates to the facility were closed Wednesday evening, and workers normally scheduled to be off at 5:30 p.m. were not allowed to leave, while those coming into the area were not let in.

Dugway encompasses more than 800,000 acres of Utah's west desert, where more than 2,000 people call home. It is a government-owned facility used by U.S. Army Reserves and U.S. National Guard for maneuver training. It is also a U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command center where tests are occasionally run on defenses against biological and chemical weaponry.

Or some SPC tried to walk off with a laptop.  Or a CSM saw someone walking around with a reflective belt.

or... someone lost some VX...

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texted a friend who is on a job in there tonight. No reply.

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/42036b0031586b24249a76973f8f1fd9987de695.gif

It's quiet.   Too quiet.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can take days....

A pallet of 5.56 got misplaced once.  Found a few hours later in the motor pool.

A 120mm round from an M1 came up missing.  Found at BLORA a few hours later.

A slugger (an old giant GPS receiver) came up missing (we had two in my company; sensitive to say the least).  "Found" in the dumpster at the motor pool.

My fucking car came up missing from the motor pool when I came back from NTC in 1994.  "Found" in a motor pool half a mile down the road.  Keys missing.  Gerber Mk2 missing.  Jimmy Hendrix tape missing.

NODs came up missing.  Found in humvee.

Someone stripped the chaplain's humvee of just about every usable part.

Some drip pans got boosted, probably by the DATs next door.  Locked down for that stupidity.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#40]
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51134945-76/dugway-vial-agent-thursday.html.csp

"The vial was located, uncompromised, at 3 a.m. Thursday within the facility. Dugway officials did not specify exactly where the vial, containing less than 1 milliliter, or roughly a quarter-teaspoon of the agent, was found — nor did they detail how the vial had gone missing in the first place, or whether anyone was being disciplined as a result of the incident."
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
UPDATE PRESS RELEASE 0957 MST

"1/4 teaspoon VX was missing and had been accounted for."

Via KSL News Radio

On fox news now. VX canister was missing and now accounted for. The only thing they didn't say was that it was found in Ohio in that house. I am willing to bet they IDed the canister in Ohio to be from dugway and then they locked down and did a total inventory to make sure it was the only one missing.

( tin foil on)
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#42]
frankly I am surprised the army just admitted they have VX.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#43]
in before the zombies
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Never was all that much of a secret.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#45]
that was close, just a missing vial of VX
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#46]

I had heard it was VX too...

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never was all that much of a secret.

There are strict testing protocols allowing select facilities to maintain small amounts of chemical and biological weapons.  These areas are inspected periodically by international teams.

Hell, I played with VX a few times there and elsewhere.  No big thing.

Just clean up when you are done.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unit welfare fund shows an unaccounted-for deficit of $11.46 for FY 2010. Everybody on base is lined up to empty his pockets on the CO's desk.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Texted a friend who is on a job in there tonight. No reply.

You should probably not dawdle in answering the doorbell.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Captain Trips?

Hahahahaha
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top