Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Plenty things wrong with them.  First, they brake our laws when they get here illegally.  Then they use social services paid for by Americans by raiding food pantries, using our hospitals, and in some cases putting their children in our public schools.  Others illegals who are here and have jobs, send as much money home as possible and don't pay taxes - yet they continue to be a burden on social handouts.  Now we see them placing demands on our government (again, they have no right) and demand to be able to stay while they either carry the Mexian flag or carry the American flag upside down.  I find plenty wrong with that picture.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
This isn't imigration it's invasion
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Combination of choice # 2 and 3.

My parents came to the US from Taiwan in the late 70's. Mom spoke very little English (she picked up some from her mother, who worked for the US Embassy in Taipei until Peanut Boy switched recognition to Beijing), and Dad was about the same, having picked some up in the army.

They went to SCHOOL here (UCLA), and became productive citizens. They now live and work in Texas.

I have no problem with legal immigration, but it pisses me off when they come to this country and refuse to integrate, yet demand all sorts of handouts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

they are not here LEGALLY.

That's my primary problem with em.

Bingo!  They are illegal, and therefore, criminals.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
My German wife, who I was married to for over three years when we decided to relocate back to the US, had to wait over six months and pay over $500 in fees to get her green card.

As someone who missed over six months of quality of life, among other things, I say fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
My reasons: Income Taxes not paid, Disease not screened, Lack of respect for our country's laws, working here yet not speaking English, and taking jobs (Americans DO want those jobs).

Come here legally and I have no problem with you.

I will say, however, that I don't know what it feels like to want to leave my country for a better life. But, that doesn't change the purpose of immigration law.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]

There's also another, more subtle problem with rampant illegal immigration.

Aside from economic cost, having a large group within the population with no respect for the law is not a good idea in any society.  It not only is a problem because of all the millions of illegal aliens who are breaking the law by their very presence (and encouraging more illegals to do the same by their example), but it also causes an erosion of respect for the law among normally law-abiding Americans - as they see millions of people flauting the law and getting away with it (and start asking themselves why they should continue to be the "sucker" that follows the law and pays taxes and plays by the rules)

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
First of all because they're illegal.

Second would be all of the above on the poll except speaking english.  America has no declared national language unlike most other countries so I really can't be upset about that.

No delcared national language?  Below is a quote from Teddy Roosevelt.  Good enough for Teddy, good enough for me!

But this is predicated upon the man’s becoming in very fact an American and nothing but an American. If he tries to keep segregated with men of his own origin and separated from the rest of America, then he isn’t doing his part as an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language, for we intend to see that the crucible turns our people out as Americans, of American nationality, and not as dwellers in a polyglot boarding-house; and we have room for but one soul loyalty, and that is loyalty to the American people.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

+1

Without reading any farther, I'll agree. That's EXACTLY the problem. Everyone else from other countries has had to wait in line and deal with the INS; why not them?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a big fan of criminals.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#11]
One thing that bothers me the most about illegals is the fact many carry infectious diseases and virus' from their 3rd world shit holes. Imagine an Outbreak.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The sheer number. It is too many to be assimilated in this short a time.

They use far too many resources that the rest of us have to pay for.

Those are my two major problems.

Some of you say it is because they are illegal. Be careful in that as Presidente Jorge will simply make them legal if he can. Then what are you going to say?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
All the above.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

yep.

Yup, a close second is the TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars that are being spent to help them instead of deporting them

A close third is all the lives that they destroy with their rapes, dui-hit-and-run-fatalities, and child molesting

There should be no problem, secure the border(like a sane nation would)and enforce existing laws
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Aside from economic cost, having a large group within the population with no respect for the law is not a good idea in any society.  It not only is a problem because of all the millions of illegal aliens who are breaking the law by their very presence (and encouraging more illegals to do the same by their example), but it also causes an erosion of respect for the law among normally law-abiding Americans - as they see millions of people flauting the law and getting away with it (and start asking themselves why they should continue to be the "sucker" that follows the law and pays taxes and plays by the rules)

This bears repeating.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

'nuff said
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#17]
From a Fox 45 Baltimore edition editorial.

Illegal Aliens Reality

Imagine for a moment. You walk into your living room early one morning to find a family of four camped out. Kids on the floor. Mom and dad sleeping on the sofa. They've already helped themselves to the fridge. They're complete strangers. You've never even met them.

The dad wakes and he tells you not to worry. His family isn't violent. They'll keep to themselves and try not to disturb you. They just wanted to move to a better neighborhood. They'd like to pay rent, but they can't afford it right now. Dad is certain he'll get work soon. By the way, are the schools here any good? he asks.

Dad would also like to know if you can add his family to your health plan. The kids need a check-up and his wife is six months pregnant. And is there any chance you can pick up a few items for them from the grocery store? They posted a list on the fridge.

A rather silly story, huh? That is our nation's illegal alien problem in a nutshell.

And that's The Point.

I'm Mark Hyman.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#18]
There prescence facilitates lowering wages and eliminating benefits. Companys are getting dumbed down. Instead of skilled tradesman. You have 10-15 unskilled illegals being supervised and hacing there having their hand held by 2-3 journeyman. No benefits and off the books pay means big savings on labor. More than enough to offset the scrap cost and lowered production. I never thought my standard of living would actual decrease as I became more experienced
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#19]
umm, breaking the fucking law?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#20]
The part about being illegal.  And the part about having no intention of assimilating.  And the part about taking over the SW USA.

The land that I love is all about freedom and hope, but not about letting itself be used and abused.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#21]
My problem with illegal immigrants is this:

They are already sucking .gov benefits from the system, that can't even take care of legal US citizens.  Adding 12 million illegal immigrants to the legal immigrants side will only make the problem 12 million times worse.  

They actually have the gall to demand stuff from us such as:  Making us speak two different languages in some schools.....etc, while refusing to learn frigging english.  While I understand that we don't have a "national language" written down in some book of rules, we do have a "national language" by proxy.  Most americans speak english, if you don't speak it, you have problems unless you are in an area that has a high level of spanish speaking illegals.  

If they want to work and pay taxes, but not have any legal status (nor will their spawn) I don't have a problem with them.  However when they protest because they want to be citizens, or procreate here so that their spawn will be citizens, I have a problem with that because THEY ARE ILLEGAL.  It's not about being nice or mean about it.  They will cost us too much if they gain legal status in the numbers that they want.  If they want to be legal immigrants, there is ALREADY A PROCESS to take care of that.  There IS a reason for it...........to keep immigration at a MANAGABLE pace.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This bears repeating.

“Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or ill, it teaches the whole
people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes the law-breaker, it breeds
contempt for laws. It invites every man to become a law unto himself. The lawless government
invites anarchy, to declare that in the administration of the criminal law, the end justifies the
means; to declare that the government may commit crimes in order to secure the conviction of a
private criminal would bring terrible retribution.”
–Justice Brandeis
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#23]

What is your PRIMARY problem with "Illegal Aliens", "Invaders", whatever you call them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The "Bronzing of America"
Refusal to learn English
Taking .gov benefits we pay for
Taking jobs
They are here ILLEGALLY

YES!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I dont like them because they are not willing to go thru the hoops that I did to bring my wife and stepdaughter here legally.

My wife hates them cause they are mexicans,  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Because I hate tacos and all they stand for!

Is this an anti-woman thing?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

+1.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:18:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Should have made that poll multiple choice.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I am all for legal immigration. Here is an interesting article:

Congressman : 'Parasitic' Illegal Aliens Burden U.S. Hospitals

As Congress considers a reorganization of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, some members are also taking a closer look at the cost of illegal immigration, especially to the nation's hospitals.
"We basically want to know ... how much these hospitals are being hit ... and what are their recommendations [as to] what we should do," Chris Paulitz, a spokesperson for Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., told CNSNews.com. "It's just hard for these hospitals to keep staying afloat with this, especially in our area in Florida."

In a recent letter to U.S. Comptroller General David Walker of the General Accounting Office, Foley acknowledged the legal and moral responsibility of hospitals not to turn anyone away, but expressed concern over the financial burden imposed as "hospitals are inundated with thousands of illegal immigrants seeking medical care.

"We need to remedy this problem before we can no longer afford to take care of Americans," Foley said. "The parasitic effects on our health care system must be inoculated immediately.

'Rules Apply' to Foreigners Too

"The world must realize that, while we gladly accept its tired, poor and huddled masses, we also have rules that govern their entrance," he explained. "We must make clear that these rules apply to both foreign nations and its citizens."

Foley stated in an op-ed earlier this year that the U.S. "should not be burdened because of the failure of a foreign nation to maintain responsibility for its people." He is now asking the GAO to make recommendations on possible solutions for alleviating this problem.

Tanya Broder, staff attorney and policy analyst for National Immigration Law Center (NILC), disagreed with Foley's actions.

"The cost of treating an undocumented person isn't different from the cost of treating another uninsured adult," she stated. "The only issue is that our federal government is excluding some persons from public health coverage because of their immigration status.

"Claiming that the solution to uncompensated care is getting rid of undocumented immigrants ignores the fact that a growing number of citizens and lawfully present immigrants do not have access to health care," Broder added. "We need to reexamine how we care for the uninsured throughout our health care delivery system."

However, David Ray, a spokesman at Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), said American taxpayers, not illegal immigrants, are the ones suffering discrimination.

Taxpayer Gets 'Short End of the Stick'

"The only person getting the short end of the stick in this whole bargain is the taxpayer and disadvantaged Americans who rely on public health centers to stay alive," said Ray, pointing out that illegal aliens "are showing up for free health care and then going home." If a U.S. citizen tries to do that, Ray said, the hospitals would "find ways of extracting payment from you, by hook or by crook."

American Hospital Association has a system that keeps track of general uncompensated care, defined as the "estimated cost of bad debt and charity care to the hospital." According to AHA's records, the national uncompensated care cost in 2000 was $21.6 billion, or 6 percent of total expenses.

Ray pointed out that Federation for American Immigration Reform's estimate of the national cost incurred by illegal aliens for Medicare and Medicaid is $3.7 billion.

"It's an enormous cost and can be very crippling, especially in border states," Ray explained. "The federal government is the one that's dropping the ball in allowing poor immigration enforcement to [negatively affect] the state's pocketbooks."

Cecilia Munoz, a policy analyst at National Council of La Raza, calls efforts to change immigration at the health care level "unrealistic" and said "focusing on what happens in hospitals is not going to provide immigration reform."

To Ray, however, even if Foley's efforts don't alleviate the problems in Florida, "it's always useful to remind us [of] all the enormous costs associated with illegal immigration."

Copyright CNSNews.com
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

+1

+1

+1

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Because they make our politicians even more stupid than they really are.

I know thats somes impossible to do.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, I am going to say it again:

Presidente Jorge and the 2nd Mexican Congress in Washington DC makes them all legal. All of them. Here and in Mehico.

NOW WHAT?

What you going to say now?
What you going to do now?
They are legal. End of story. Okay???? or not???

You guys just don't get it AT ALL.
Because that is exactly what they are trying to do.

And I for one do not believe it is as simple as cheap labor, though that is clearly part of the reason. There is something they are not telling us.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the below from another forum. They are not my words, but I found them interesting.

Mexico is a very racist, very bifurcated "society". I can't really use the word "culture", because that implies the singular.

You almost never hear of "people from Mexico" being called anything other than "Mexicans" -- at least, you don't hear it in this country.

In Mexico, though, it's a different matter. A very different matter.

Have you noticed how Senor Fox doesn't "look like a Mexican" (or even have a "Mexican-sounding" name?)

In Mexico, there are two classes -- one, fairly small, very wealthy, and powerful (they run the country!), and, another class, very poor, with essentially no rights, no power, no hope -- other than "crossing the Rio Grande".

Fox and the rest of the ruling class call themselves "Spanish"; the "underclass" -- the folks given nice colorful comicbooks with directions on sneaking across the border, printed up courtesy of the "Spanish" who run the government -- these folks are called "Mestizos" -- and here, they're called "Mexicans."

The "Spanish" don't sneak across the border. When they come to the USA, it's via jet plane, with the red carpet laid out before them upon arrival. They are the heads of state and industry.

The "Spanish" have decided to knock off a few birds with one stone. By "exporting their underclass" to us, they are freed from any obligation to care for them on their own -- and more significantly, they are relieved of the worry of revolt. The "Spanish" work diligently to focus the "Mestizo" anger against "the gringo nation", and, have propagandized them to accept the idea that by coming here in sufficient numbers, they will be able to "reconquer" the land for Mexico.

In a way, the process is chillingly similar to the brainwashing in the middle east that convinces their underclass to strap on a suicide belt and get on the bus.

In both cases, it's a win-win for the "uberclass" -- they get their unwanted underclass to do the dirty work, and, they get rid of them in the process!

Eventually, the hope is that the invaders (or cast-offs, depending on one's perspective) will succeed in some measure of "reconquista", and Mexico will be in a position to impose terms of surrender. The underclass, sent out as "footsoldiers of the revolution", will -- by that plan -- succeed in taking back the land for the mother country -- and then, they'll be back to square one: unwanted Mestizos. But shhhhh! Don't tell them that! It might piss 'em off, and get 'em mad at the "Spanish" who have chumped 'em up as an army of "useful idiots."

Meanwhile, on "our" side of the border, we are hamstrung by deep-pocketed lobbies, who are intent on maintaining their supply of what might politely be termed "slave labor". And, in government, we have "sport-politicos" (nearly all politicians, it seems), who have realized that thanks to "motor-voter", the tens of millions of illegals make a handy dandy "constituency."

The rest of us, I guess, can go piss up a rope.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Got the below from another forum. They are not my words, but I found them interesting.

Mexico is a very racist, very bifurcated "society". I can't really use the word "culture", because that implies the singular.

You almost never hear of "people from Mexico" being called anything other than "Mexicans" -- at least, you don't hear it in this country.

In Mexico, though, it's a different matter. A very different matter.

Have you noticed how Senor Fox doesn't "look like a Mexican" (or even have a "Mexican-sounding" name?)

In Mexico, there are two classes -- one, fairly small, very wealthy, and powerful (they run the country!), and, another class, very poor, with essentially no rights, no power, no hope -- other than "crossing the Rio Grande".

Fox and the rest of the ruling class call themselves "Spanish"; the "underclass" -- the folks given nice colorful comicbooks with directions on sneaking across the border, printed up courtesy of the "Spanish" who run the government -- these folks are called "Mestizos" -- and here, they're called "Mexicans."

The "Spanish" don't sneak across the border. When they come to the USA, it's via jet plane, with the red carpet laid out before them upon arrival. They are the heads of state and industry.

The "Spanish" have decided to knock off a few birds with one stone. By "exporting their underclass" to us, they are freed from any obligation to care for them on their own -- and more significantly, they are relieved of the worry of revolt. The "Spanish" work diligently to focus the "Mestizo" anger against "the gringo nation", and, have propagandized them to accept the idea that by coming here in sufficient numbers, they will be able to "reconquer" the land for Mexico.

In a way, the process is chillingly similar to the brainwashing in the middle east that convinces their underclass to strap on a suicide belt and get on the bus.

In both cases, it's a win-win for the "uberclass" -- they get their unwanted underclass to do the dirty work, and, they get rid of them in the process!

Eventually, the hope is that the invaders (or cast-offs, depending on one's perspective) will succeed in some measure of "reconquista", and Mexico will be in a position to impose terms of surrender. The underclass, sent out as "footsoldiers of the revolution", will -- by that plan -- succeed in taking back the land for the mother country -- and then, they'll be back to square one: unwanted Mestizos. But shhhhh! Don't tell them that! It might piss 'em off, and get 'em mad at the "Spanish" who have chumped 'em up as an army of "useful idiots."

Meanwhile, on "our" side of the border, we are hamstrung by deep-pocketed lobbies, who are intent on maintaining their supply of what might politely be termed "slave labor". And, in government, we have "sport-politicos" (nearly all politicians, it seems), who have realized that thanks to "motor-voter", the tens of millions of illegals make a handy dandy "constituency."

The rest of us, I guess, can go piss up a rope.

Accurate, well stated and worth remembering for all of us.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Presidente Jorge and the 2nd Mexican Congress in Washington DC makes them all legal. All of them. Here and in Mehico.

NOW WHAT?

And I for one do not believe it is as simple as cheap labor, though that is clearly part of the reason. There is something they are not telling us.

I think it has something to do with that "three countries, one border" thing re: USA, Canada and mexico
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't hate illegal aliens, I just know that they will eventually outnumber us and form a strong seperatist movement if we don't put a stop to them.  In the meantime, they have "anchor babies" here who will grow up to vote against my interests in elections.

They are people just like us in a lot of ways, but we have to think in cold-blooded strategic terms and set aside humanity.  People from Central/South America are Marxists for the most part, and we can't have people like that voting in our country.  Call me evil if you want, but that's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOW WHAT?

I think it has something to do with that "three countries, one border" thing re: USA, Canada and mexico

I think that may play a small part but no, there is something else. Not big on conspiracy theories but something about all of this just ain't ringing true.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I don't hate illegal aliens, I just know that they will eventually outnumber us and form a strong seperatist movement if we don't put a stop to them.  In the meantime, they have "anchor babies" here who will grow up to vote against my interests in elections.

They are people just like us in a lot of ways, but we have to think in cold-blooded strategic terms and set aside humanity.  People from Central/South America are Marxists for the most part, and we can't have people like that voting in our country.  Call me evil if you want, but that's just the way it is.

Here here
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

NOW WHAT?

Been listening to rush the past week?

The democrats want more votes. Republicans think they can get more voters, so they go along with it.

Problem is the idiot rinos running the GOP don't realize that if you gain 40% of a new influx of voters, the other side gains 60%, and you're worse off than when you started.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOW WHAT?

I think that may play a small part but no, there is something else. Not big on conspiracy theories but something about all of this just ain't ringing true.

Try this conspiracy theory on for size, what is the volume of the illegal drug trade in the US?
Why do we allow the drugs to keep coming across even though terrorists come the same way?

Same with hoof and mouth disease and the bugs in fruits and vegatables
They say it is absolutely CRITICAL that all foreign travelers be checked
but, the illegals walk across with NO CHECK for either problem
Which is it? ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL or "no problemo"
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOW WHAT?

Been listening to rush the past week?

The democrats want more votes. Republicans think they can get more voters, so they go along with it.

Problem is the idiot rinos running the GOP don't realize that if you gain 40% of a new influx of voters, the other side gains 60%, and you're worse off than when you started.

That's what I thought years ago. I don't buy it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#41]
What part of illegal is anybody not clear about????????????
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

+1
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
they are corrupting what the constitution stands for.  they are ignoring the rule of law, taking rights they do not deserve, and bleeding our already strained social system dry.

if it werent for them, we might be better able to help americans who actually need the aid, like disabled veterans or senior citizens

Hell frozen over.  I am in full agreement with Napoleon_Tanerite.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#45]
A few examples, in no particular order:

-Crime
-Grafitti
-Drunk, unlicensed, uninsured Mexican drivers wrecking cars, destroying property, and killing  
 innocent people.
-Trash
-Filth
-Gov't benefits like foodstamps, welfare and healthcare that I pay taxes for, yet don't qualify for  
 (nor do I want)
-The nastiness of the local Wal-Mart
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

If they would leave and go through the process to come here legally.........

THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEM!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they are ILLEGAL aliens.

THIS should be a POLL CHOICE.....

If you are willing to come into a country illegally, how many of our other laws are you gonna break????

Damn. There you go, speaking the truth again! Really, that sums it all up - if you are willing to break the first law (Come To America The Way You Are Supposed To), then you won't have any other emotional attachments to such silly distractions such as paying your taxes, voting less than nine times with various dead guys' SSNs for Leftists, bringing over 13 of you and your wives' closest family members for those expensive surgeries paid for on the .Gov dole, applying for welfare and declaring "13 dependants," and generally "flipping off" the "gringo" ideal of living fair-n'square like normal people are obliged to do, 'lest they end up in the Federal Penn doing 5 to 20 for Fraud and Tax Evasion.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
OK, my take on the issue.

If they are not here legally, they are being paid under the table cash wages far below what you and I would consider a suitable standard of living.  Since they are living in poverty, they attract companies that target extremely low-income brackets.  In turn, the neighborhood gets trashed, turns to crap and filled with crime, and you have a town within a town.  

Then, the surrounding area says, "Hey!  Look at all this business we are missing!"  Now, everything is printed in another language, is extremely low quality so they can afford the products, and that in turn attracts even more poverty.  Poverty attracts crime.

I have every best wish for a man or woman that won't sit on their lazy ass and is willing to work to try and make a decent living.  The problem with illegal immigration, however, is that no matter how much they want to work, they are driving their own wages DOWN with the Home Depot parking lot rent-me-for-a-day laborers.  When you drive wages DOWN, you encourage others to do the same, import crime and lower standards of living, and make skilled people settle for lower wages that, invariably, make the corporation more money while the worker gets less for their efforts.

Benefits go away, the job market is now flooded with cheap labor, and the quality people who want to be paid what they're worth and not live around crime find other areas to market their skills.  Hence, you now have an assimilation of the very problems they ran to America to escape.  

In essence, it is a transference of problems from one location to the next.  There is no solution, because no one collective group looked at the big picture and proferred a solution.  It is a band-aid on a wound that needs many stiches.  

Now, if people were not willing to make $4 an hour for menial labor, the market would dry up and employers would increase base pays.  They still make a hefty profit, but the worker increases their take to have money to spend on their off time.  The economy prospers.  The neighborhoods are cleaner, better, and crime finds other places to dig their fangs.  

In the end, giving INTO a society prospers everyone, while taking advantage of a society is only a short-term fix to an ever-widening problem.

Come here legally.  Work like the rest of us, for a fair wage and putting taxes back into the system.  Save some money.  Buy a bass boat.  Drink beer over a BBQ with friends on the weekend.  Doesn't matter to me what color your skin is.  And be proud of your heritage.

But be even more proud you are now part of the solution, rather than a part of the problem.  That's what I consider a man should do.  I require it from everyone.

There's my opinion on the matter.  

I have no problem with Latinos.  I have a problem with problems that have no long-term solutions.  

This is a damn good post. Well thought out, and well written. Everything in it is spot on.

Nice work!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By TomJefferson
Unstopped this subculture will eventually outnumber the citizen. One only has to look at the history of other countries with this problem such as South Africa of Rhodesia (before the undeducated jumps in, no there was not an African majority when those countries were first settled and yes they did enjoy cheep labor until it bit them.) It will as we see now lead to civil unrest and could unchecked lead to civil war.

When you add into the mix racial and marxist propaganda, on top of demographics, it can quickly get out of control. The "hate whitey" mentality and rhetoric that is so popular with the left has been fed to these people, and they believe it (reference the various signs they are carrying).

I took "bronzing of America for 500, Alex". And I qualify that because, at least with the "bronzes" that are marching in the streets, they see it as a racial issue (La Raza).

This country was built by white christians, and its greatness is a result of their values. America has been a beacon for people who wanted freedom, and came here to be AMERICANS (and it doesn't matter to me where they come from, or what color they are, their religious affiliation, or lack thereof, if that's their goal).

When the majority is no longer of the same "stock" ideologically, the culture changes. And going out on a limb, when the descendents of those who built the country become an ethnic minority, and those who see race as the primary tie that binds become the majority, you will have the tyrrany and misery currently manifested in Rhodesia and South Africa.

Just like with Mein Kampf and the Koran, we don't take them at their word, and we suffer for it in the end.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone have any idea how much money is earned by illegals, with no taxes paid, (10 dependants, exempt status) and sent to mehico, propping up their economy, and hurting our economy?  There are so many problems with illegal aliens and it has nothing to do with race. I'm afraid there is much ugliness in our future, and illegal immigration  just one of many sources of ugly.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top