Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Here ya go.
You need to ask Aim4MyHead first, though.
He originally posted that pic in this thread:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=13&t=10152
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
More glocks in professionals hands than any other, so they must be good!!

No, they must be cheap!

The only military that I know of that uses them is the Austrian Army.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Professional what ?

Glocks get a lot of police contracts because they are the lowest bidder on the contracts.
Always follow the money.

You think anyone can underbid Ruger or even S&W.

Yes, they do constantly.  In fact, the Glocks cost less to produce than any of the major brands, so they can underbid just about anyone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#8]

I meant my reply in gest.
Surprised about the HK though.

Anybody have pictures of a KB Beretta 92F? I cant find any.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Steyr, I am merely the messenger. Don't shoot me.
That USP isn't mine, I don't even know who Aim4MyHead is.
If you want documentation, you're going to have to ask that guy.
I'm curious too.
Sorry.
That said, I've been dying to find an original preban USP .45 with the longer grip.
But unfortunately, I don't have the cash now, so I'm rather screwed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought Glocks were supposed to be the most reliable handgun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I only own five of them.

me to ...

Lead bullets? uh ... my 40 puts lead bullets into one hole out to 25 yards !  (170 LSWC w/ 4.0gr WW231)  yes, it is a very light load ... but darned accurate!

I shoot my 10mm in competition with lead bullet loads that make the major power factor for IPSC, they are quite accurate also, never had a leading problem.

All the others get a steady diet of handloads .... I have never had any problems from any of my glocks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
get a glock 18
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
get a glock 18

Glock 7 with porcelain frame ...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they must be cheap!

Sure they were ineligible for the US Army trials because they had no 2nd strike capability, even though no pistol instructor I ever heard of teaches students to keep pulling the trigger if the pistol does not fire. The Beretta 92 isn't an awful pistol, but it is inferior to Glocks whether the Army lugs 'em around or not.

Actually, Sig beat them with the P226, but Beretta had a lower bid.  IIRC, the Ruger P85 also performed as well as the Beretta.  There was some political wrangling involved in that whole mess.

Still, the only military in the world, that I know of, that uses Glocks is the Austrian Army.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they must be cheap!

Sure they were ineligible for the US Army trials because they had no 2nd strike capability, even though no pistol instructor I ever heard of teaches students to keep pulling the trigger if the pistol does not fire. The Beretta 92 isn't an awful pistol, but it is inferior to Glocks whether the Army lugs 'em around or not.

How is the Beretta inferior?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I thought we supplied the iraqi army with glocks?

Something about them doing so well in a sandy enviroment?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they must be cheap!

My 92 is awesome, I don't think it could take the 180 k round torture test that one guy put a glock thru though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#19]
They ain't pretty to look at, but they always go bang when you pull the trigger, and that's what counts. Now having said that, most other handguns will do the same, so it's really a personal prefrence.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they must be cheap!

My 92 is awesome, I don't think it could take the 180 k round torture test that one guy put a glock thru though.

No, it wouldn't, but it wasnt really meant to. The block is the weak point, I think they need to be replaced every 30k I believe. Glock wins in that department.

I'm willing to bet there are just as many Beretta 92's as Glocks in  the hands of Civilians. And I've never heard of a Civilian Beretta go KB, but many stories and more than a few pictures can be found about Glock KB's. Beretta wins here.

I think it really comes down to personal preferance and not so much superiority over another. I think it all comes down to Beretta, Glock, HK or SIG. They are all good, but not all of those companies support RKBA. I know Beretta does! +1
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Forget the Glock. Get a Walther P-99. P-99 FAQ's
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm willing to bet there are just as many Beretta 92's as Glocks in  the hands of Civilians. And I've never heard of a Civilian Beretta go KB, but many stories and more than a few pictures can be found about Glock KB's. Beretta wins here.

I have not seen a KB but I have seen ++P ammo break a slide on a Beretta. It isn't as hard on the hands as a KB but it puts you out of the fight  and is a major part to replace on a gun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not seen a KB but I have seen ++P ammo break a slide on a Beretta. It isn't as hard on the hands as a KB but it puts you out of the fight  and is a major part to replace on a gun.

Ammo which isnt really recommended for use in Beretta 92's (from the Manual)
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

A simple statement entirely true, try to get Glock haters to understand this is like talking Fineswine into giving all Californians a shiney new AR15.

Aint gonna happen.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#26]

My Glock 19 keeps on going round after round. About 10,000 rounds to be exact.

Plus it's an excellent carry gun with Winchester Rangers +P+ 127grain bullets.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

A simple statement entirely true, try to get Glock haters to understand this is like talking Fineswine into giving all Californians a shiney new AR15.

Aint gonna happen.

Hunter out...

But are all guns ballitically fingerprinted?

Today computers can do just that. A computer can't make the ultimate call, but they can narrow the work down to a point where manual examination is feasible. ATF is now making this computer technology available to police authorities around the country through the National Integrated Ballistics Identification Network (NIBIN). This network is a joint effort between ATF and the FBI to provide the latest technology to our state and local partners. Under this arrangement ATF will be responsible for the ballistics technology and the FBI will provide the computer network that will join the state and local systems together. Currently this provides a valuable tool for law enforcement authorities that will allow us to associate a suspect or a firearm with seemingly unrelated crimes. The future of this technology offers even greater potential. ATF is currently conducting a pilot project with Glock, wherein they will capture digital image a test fire shell casing for handguns they manufacture. That image will be associated with the serial number of the firearm in a computer database. Later if a shell casing is recovered at a crime scene it could be compared against the Glock database. This comparison could lead to the identification of the exact weapon that fired the round. Without ever recovering a firearm ATF could then trace the weapon used in the crime.

www.atf.gov/press/speech/fy00/040700ggdsymposium.htm

This has been going of for some time, at least as far back as 2000, so even a used Glock probably is in this database.  And this is a Federal program, not just the states that require the shell casings.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

Aint gonna happen.

Hunter out...

Today computers can do just that. A computer can't make the ultimate call, but they can narrow the work down to a point where manual examination is feasible. ATF is now making this computer technology available to police authorities around the country through the National Integrated Ballistics Identification Network (NIBIN). This network is a joint effort between ATF and the FBI to provide the latest technology to our state and local partners. Under this arrangement ATF will be responsible for the ballistics technology and the FBI will provide the computer network that will join the state and local systems together. Currently this provides a valuable tool for law enforcement authorities that will allow us to associate a suspect or a firearm with seemingly unrelated crimes. The future of this technology offers even greater potential. ATF is currently conducting a pilot project with Glock, wherein they will capture digital image a test fire shell casing for handguns they manufacture. That image will be associated with the serial number of the firearm in a computer database. Later if a shell casing is recovered at a crime scene it could be compared against the Glock database. This comparison could lead to the identification of the exact weapon that fired the round. Without ever recovering a firearm ATF could then trace the weapon used in the crime.

This has been going of for some time, at least as far back as 2000, so even a used Glock probably is in this database.  And this is a Federal program, not just the states that require the shell casings.

LARRYG do you have fingerprints?

Who gives a rats ass if they ballisticprint the weapons, I mean really!

It's a tool LARRYG, a tool for catching criminals. I want criminals caught and I damn sure don't have a problem with anyone being able to tell a bullet left my firearm, cause if it ends up in a badguy it belongs there.

Hunter amazed........

edited to add an l
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

Aint gonna happen.

Hunter out...

LARRYG do you have fingerprints?

Who gives a rats ass if they ballisticprint the weapons, I mean really!

It's a tool LARRYG, a tool for catching criminals. I want criminals caught and I damn sure don't have a problem with anyone being able to tell a bullet left my firearm, cause if it ends up in a badguy it belongs there.

Hunter amazed........

edited to add an l

Sure it is.  You need to examine the program a little more closely.

Besides, after a few hundred rounds, the BF changes, thus making the program a waste of money.

Hell, the anti-gun fanatics think it is a great idea.

This is not a tool for catching bad guys, it is a form of registration imposed upon the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, they must be cheap!

Actually, Sig beat them with the P226, but Beretta had a lower bid.  IIRC, the Ruger P85 also performed as well as the Beretta.  There was some political wrangling involved in that whole mess.

Still, the only military in the world, that I know of, that uses Glocks is the Austrian Army.

Allow me to add one to that list - the Danish Army also uses Glocks now.  Interestingly, the sidearm that Glock has replaced is the SIG 210 - on of the finest handguns ever built.  I'm not aware of all the detail of trials (and what other handguns they considered) but I think the large magazine capacity and reliability was certainly decisive (keep in mind that with mil issued ammo, things like reloads and lead bullets are not an issue).

For the Danish army, I don't think cost was an issue - considering that they had used the insanely expensive SIG, and that every rifleman in the Danish army is issued an Elcan sight (which probably costs more than their C-7 rifles ).  For whatever reason, they must really have liked the Glock.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
get a glock 18

but they cost more then I make in a month!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:44:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correction: Sig was actually the lowest bid per unit. Beretta had a much lower price on spare parts than Sig, which is why the military chose Beretta. And of all the pistols tested, only Sig & Beretta passed the battery of tests.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:41:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
More glocks in professionals hands than any other, so they must be good!! cheap

Fixed it for ya .

I guess Glocks are alright as long as you use FMJ with out reloads , but toss the plastic sites as soon as you get it .
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:55:32 AM EDT
[#36]

I used to hate Glocks, but  didn't really have a great reason.  I bought a 34 and began competing with it in IDPA.  In 6 months, I've really learned to appreciate the Glock.  I was able to compete very well with it in my Class/Div.  I still do better with  my 1911's, but I can definitely see why people like their Glocks.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll see your Glock 21, and I'll raise you a USP .45.
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/hkKB.jpg

As noted before that pic means nothing.

Some asshat could have hit it with a sledge or someone didn't know how to do relaods right.

Let's see some documentation.

This standard applies to the Glock kB pic as well? I would hope so for consistancy's sake.

I like to know all the circumstances surrounding a supposed kB. For instance, on the Gun Zone site they had a .40 cal Glock kB, but the picture was an aftermarket .357SIG barrel. I don't know if they left that up or not, it has been several years since I went there. That didn't stop DS from laying the blame right at Gaston's doorstep.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a 21 and a 17, never had a problem with either.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Just wanted to add - now that I think about it, I believe that Norway's army also uses Glock sidearms.

Since the Norweegians are made of money, and they can have harsh weather conditions, I'm sure that they also didn't chose based on what's cheap.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
get a glock 18

but they cost more then I make in a month!

But they're worth it though - being invisible to Airport radar and all!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:...
grip angle requires breaking wrist to fire

Your the first person I have ever heard complain about the grip angle of the Beretta 92 - I have put multiple thousands of rounds through them and my wrists remain unbroken.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:13:00 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your the first person I have ever heard complain about the grip angle of the Beretta 92 - I have put multiple thousands of rounds through them and my wrists remain unbroken.

I have put multiple thousand rounds through my personal Beretta 92 also. I did not complain, like it just fine; but the angle of the grip to bore is not as good a design as Glocks as you have to 'break' (i.e. bend) your wrist to properly align the sights  v. the Glock pointing naturally as you extend your arm out.

Interesting - my Beretta points naturally for me - and one thing that amazed me about my friends Glock (.45 ACP subcompact) was how naturally it pointed for me also - so much so in fact that I am ready to buy myself a Glock 10mm.  Now you're gonna have me studying grip angles!

The only pistol I've shot lately that felt WAY off was a Walther.

-edited before someone quotes me and immortalizes my typos-
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The smaller .40's have a tendency to fail.

Mine hasn't yet using factory loads.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#46]
BUSHMASTER!!!

Oops....

GLOCK!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:22:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I'll see your Glock 21, and I'll raise you a USP .45.
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/jrhack79/hkKB.jpg

OUCH!  I'm saving that one for the files.  It should be pointed out that the H&K's also use hexagonal rifling like the Glock's.  I'd wager that gun had lead bullet reloads fired through it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have put multiple thousand rounds through my personal Beretta 92 also. I did not complain, like it just fine; but the angle of the grip to bore is not as good a design as Glocks as you have to 'break' (i.e. bend) your wrist to properly align the sights  v. the Glock pointing naturally as you extend your arm out.

Thats one thing I like about Glocks. When I pick it up and point it, the sights are naturally aligned perfeclty to a natural pointing motion. You can get the same result with any pistol with training and practice though. When I point my Beretta I have the same feeling as the Glock, but it took practice.

I just cant bring myself to spending over $500 on a half plastic gun though. If I do ever get a plastic gun, it will be a Springfield XD, feels the same as a Glock, but looks nicer (IMO) and the price follows quality, its HALF PLASTIC for shitsake. Glocks shouldnt cost as much as they do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
ANY GUN CAN KABOOM.

Aint gonna happen.

Hunter out...

Glock posted on, I think it was the GSSF website, a year or two ago that they were not involved in ballistic fingerprinting. You have made the claim that Glock is involved in ongoing ballistic fingerprinting before based on this 4/2000 speach and have been unable to provide any proof that there is such an ongoing program in the past. Whether you hate Glocks or not it's unfortunate that you continue to make this apparently false claim.

"Glock posted on, I think it was the GSSF website"????????????????  So, you can't remember where they posted and that makes what is documented on a BATFE website false???????  Sure.

Nevermind their publicly stated support for it.  Oh, sure, they fired the guy, then hired him right back as a consultant.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.  I bet if the CEO of Glock came out in support of renewal of the AWB, you Glockaholics would deny he said it or make some excuse for it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top