Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best city in Arizona is Mesa!
View Quote

I heard that some people even have indoor plumbing over there.

That is great!!

[:D]

You have got to love Arizonians...

View Quote

You only get indoor plumbing if your well off, or Mormon, in Mesa. But.... Air Conditioning is manditory, south of the rim that is.

Water is going to be scarce next year. We have had the least amount of rain on record for the last 4 months.

Someone said we [i]might[/i] get some rain this weekend. I will believe it when I see it. And if it does... 6 pack, lawn chair, in the driveway BABY!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guys....tell him the bad thing about the AZ CCW....come on tell him, no use trying to hide it[:P]
View Quote

Ok, Ok, I will tell him...

You have to get fingerprinted, and you actually have to aim at something and hit it at the qual course.

So if you can't handle that, go back...

And bring your own water, we do not have enough for everyone.

And dont forget about the AR-15.com 1st Annual Members Shoot in Casa Grande!!!

See this thread...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=8&t=131190&page=5[/url]

See you there...
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It's too hot to wear clothes in the summer. We only wear clothes for about two weeks in the winter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
With todays population in the physical condition its in, myself included, thats scary!.......I_LUV_AZ....not carrots
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
AZ was my second choice - I ended up in Colorado Springs (First good job offer)- OK Gun Climate... MG's are not a problem, but suppressors can be depending on your CLEO.

- But I am also thinking of getting a place in Yuma - I'm a desert rat in heart, and I miss the dunes... Want a place where I can go nuts with OHV's and shoot my buz guns...

(OHV = Off hwy vehicles)
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]
ARIZONA !!!!! whats so good about it firearms freedom with in the Law ofcourse....good jobs good women ....45 minuts in any direction you can go shooting 3 months of Hell but I learned to turn that around "Exercise build great resistance stamina and strenght and a great tan all year round !!!
Man where else do you find something like this????
Grand Canyon-Lake Havasu-Flagstaff-Sedona-Tombstone-plenty of lakes "( I really don't know where these guys get the lack of water idea from)" any way come visit some time
Regards
            [bounce]
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Moved to AZ eight years ago and love it here.  I can't believe no one explained the "dry heat" here!  The low humidity helps keep the hot temps a little more bearable.  Phoenix is your best bet for a job search, although as previously mentioned there have been quite a few layoffs recently.  I think you'll find the diversity in topography amazing.  You can go snow skiing (if we get snow that is) one day and be out shooting in the desert in shorts the next.  Do your research before coming out as different areas vary significantly in home prices, crime etc.  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Little info about Tucson driving:

Just a little Tucson humor....and yes, all directions in Tucson begin with "Go down Ina Road".

1. You must learn to pronounce the city name. It is Tu-son, not Tuc-sin.

2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Tucson has its own version of traffic rules.... Hold on and pray. There is no such thing as a dangerous high-speed chase in Tucson. They all drive like that.

3. All directions start with, "Go down Ina Rd" .... Which has no beginning and no end.

4. The Chamber of Commerce calls getting through traffic a "Scenic Drive".

5. The morning rush hour is from 7:00 to 10:00. The evening rush hour if from 3:00 to 7:00. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning.

6. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out and possibly shot. When you are the first one of the starting  line, count to five when the light turns green before going to avoid  getting into any cross-traffic's way.

7. La Cholla Road can only be pronounced by a native.

8. Construction on I-10, River Rd, and near the University of Arizona is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment and employment for many.

9. All unexplained sights are explained by the phrase, "Oh we must be in Tucson!!!".

10. If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.

11. All old ladies with blue hair in pink Cadillacs have total right-of-way.

12. The minimum acceptable speed on I-10 is 85. Anything less is considered downright sissy.

13. The wrought iron on windows in South Tucson is not ornamental.

14. Never stare at the driver of the car with the bumper sticker that says, "Keep honking, I'm reloading." They mean it.

15. If you are in the left lane, and only going 70 in a 60-mph zone people are not waving when they go by.

16. Sunrise, Skyline, and Ina are our daily version of NASCAR.

17. If it's 100 degrees, Thanksgiving must be next weekend.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Flagstaff, Prescott, etc. are nice if you like cooler weather and occasional snow in the winter.

Phoenix is nice if you like the heat and urban atmosphere. Great weather most of the time besides the summmer heat which I really don't mind. Some do.

Tucson is also urban but also not as densely populated as Phx. Little cooler too.
View Quote

I was working in Phoenix in January of 2000.  Drove up to Prescott to J&G Sales one Saturday.  Was hot in Phoenix, high 80s.  By the time I got to Prescott, there was snow on the ground.  Wierd, but nice.

Why is Tuscon cooler?  Is it in the mountains too?
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you sure its not you can't carry in any place that just serves booze and not booze with food?  And then its up to the owner to post no firearms allowed!  And then again it was posted whats so great about  AZ,when it should have been whats not so great about AZ!

I just like sand and lots of it!  Oh yes BOW,Bring your own water!

Bob  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really, but Tucson is at a slightly higher altitude than Phoenix. "Cooler" in this case means that when it is 115 in Phoenix, it may only be 110 in Tucson.

Heh, heh... funny thing about the CCW qual in AZ. They require that you get 7 out of 10 shots in a square that's almost 3' by 3' from a distance of 10 and 15 feet (5 shots from each). When I went through it, someone in our class only got 7 hits in the qual zone, and 2 where on the line. Scary...
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Not really, but Tucson is at a slightly higher altitude than Phoenix. "Cooler" in this case means that when it is 115 in Phoenix, it may only be 110 in Tucson.

Heh, heh... funny thing about the CCW qual in AZ. They require that you get 7 out of 10 shots in a square that's almost 3' by 3' from a distance of 10 and 15 feet (5 shots from each). When I went through it, someone in our class only got 7 hits in the qual zone, and 2 where on the line. Scary...
View Quote

I know what you mean, when I requalified last time, I just grab my officers model. Put all the targets in the square but left of center. Now I know that I was aiming center mass and not jerking the pistol, looked at the front site and it had drifted of center, to the point it was half in the groove and half out. The instructor, a friend, gave me a hard time til I explained to him what had happened. He told me I better get it fixed before it really counted.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Where else can you take your 50 BMG and shoot at a rock - 5 miles away!?

We were camping there once - found [b]1[/b] tree with a picnic table so we stopped to eat.  Changed bread on the sandwich 3 times before we finished.  Started out with bologna - ended up with bacon & didn't change the meat!

Old cars from the 20's & 30s that quit were left on the side of the road - they're still there - no rust to return them to dust.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Is there much difference in the crime level as you get closer to the border, i.e. Phoenix versus Tucson?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top